Skin Earòx designed by Zeus00 of the IF Skin Zone.

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to JT Refugees. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Welcome to JT Refugees, a site owned and run by its members for its members. Hello & welcome to JT Refugees. New members welcome. It's quick and easy to join.
Pages: (4) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Strictly Come Dancing, 2012 Series
Eddy
Posted: Jan 28 2012, 12:49 PM

Naughty Tomato
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Arlene Phillips in Strictly talks

Arlene Phillips is said to be in secret talks with the BBC to return to the judging panel of Strictly Come Dancing ...

Full article, Telegraph, 28/01/12.
Eddy
Posted: Jan 28 2012, 12:51 PM

Naughty Tomato
Group Icon

I think the BBC producers are unlikely to have Arlene back. I think that they may just be keeping her on side in case they can find no one else.

Eddy
Posted: Feb 17 2012, 07:06 PM

Naughty Tomato
Group Icon

Charlie Brooks quits EastEnders for Strictly Come Dancing

CHARLIE BROOKS is leaving EastEnders to compete on Strictly Come Dancing.

The actress, who plays scheming Janine Butcher, will quit Albert Square in August for six months.

Charlie is fired up for Strictly after winning the Christmas special and dance bosses want her because soap stars are a huge draw for fans.

Ex EastEnders Jill Halfpenny and Kara Tointon both lifted the glitterball trophy.

Charlie says Janine will have her baby before leaving Walford ...

Full article, the Sun, 17/02/12.

thumbsup.gif

A good choice for the SCD.
Mootle
Posted: Feb 18 2012, 11:01 PM

Naughty Tomato

Group: Super Member
Member No.: 115

I hope Arlene does return to Strictly sad.gif
Her other programme called So You Think You Can Dance wasn't all that watchable I thought.

--------------------
user posted image
Eddy
Posted: Feb 19 2012, 08:00 AM

Naughty Tomato
Group Icon

QUOTE (Mootle @ Feb 18 2012, 11:01 PM)
I hope Arlene does return to Strictly  sad.gif
Her other programme called So You Think You Can Dance wasn't all that watchable I thought.

I think 'So You Think You Can Dance' has been dropped by the BBC. I did not enjoy it, I really felt it was very laboured and far too sincere and serious.

'Got To Dance' with Davina works very well. It feels like fun.

As for Arlene, I suspect that she wonm't be invited back. That would be like the BBC producers admitting that they got it wrong in the first place and I can't see them doing that.
Eddy
Posted: Feb 25 2012, 09:10 AM

Naughty Tomato
Group Icon

Outsider steps into race to replace Alesha Dixon

THE choreographer behind the Take That musical is a front runner to replace Alesha Dixon on Strictly Come Dancing.

Karen Bruce, who has previously worked on Strictly and So You Think You Can Dance, has impressed bosses with two screen tests.

And she also has the support of many of the show's professional dancers.

Producers put together a shortlist for the judging role after Alesha jumped ship to Britain's Got Talent earlier this year. It includes choreographer Karen Hardy and previous winner Kara Tointon.

Giving the job to Bruce — who shares a name with host Bruce Forsyth — would be a risk for the BBC as she is little known outside dance circles ...

Full piece, the Sun, 25/02/12.

dry.gif

I don't know Karen Bruce. But the fact that she is a relative unknown should not matter.

Out of those manes mentioned above, I would prefer Karen Hardy from Dancing on Ice. She is an expert who is not afraid to state her views, but she is positive and pleasant in her comments.
Eddy
Posted: Mar 8 2012, 06:54 PM

Naughty Tomato
Group Icon

Len Goodman pledges BBC loyalty

Len Goodman has vowed he will never defect from Strictly Come Dancing like former co-star Alesha Dixon - and will stick with the series until the BBC tire of him.

The judge, who saw his fellow panellist poached by Simon Cowell to join ITV1's Britain's Got Talent, insists he cannot be lured away.

Len - also a judge on US show Dancing With The Stars - said: "I'm going to keep pressing on with it until they get fed up with me."

And the the 67-year-old said he was perfectly happy with his pay packet for the series, despite reports that the remaining judges - including Craig Revel Horwood and Bruno Tonioli - were demanding more cash.

Len said: "I'm quite happy with what I get paid, but if they give me more I'm not going to say no to it."

And he pledged his loyalty to the broadcaster for giving him his "life-changing" opportunity, saying he would not defect "in a million, trillion years".

"The BBC were wonderful - they didn't know who I was really, I'm just a dance teacher", he said. "They gave me an opportunity to do Strictly Come Dancing which was a life-changing event really, and I think that they deserve my loyalty, and my loyalty is what they will get.

"I have no intention of stopping or slowing down. I'm in a position where I could do that, but once I stop I know what would happen, I'd be sitting indoors on a Saturday night watching Strictly Come Dancing and I'd be thinking 'that's a bloody stupid thing to say' and thinking 'I wish I'd kept going'," he said.

Yahoo, 08/03/12.

smile.gif

I like Len. Loyalty is a refreshing quality in the media worls. Wise words from him.
Eddy
Posted: Apr 5 2012, 06:55 PM

Naughty Tomato
Group Icon

EastEnders star Sid Owen 'to star in new Strictly Come Dancing series'

Sid Owen is reportedly set to star in the new series of Strictly Come Dancing, which may pit him against his former onscreen sister Charlie Brooks ...

Full article, Metro, 05/04/12.

Eddy
Posted: Apr 25 2012, 01:39 PM

Naughty Tomato
Group Icon

Darcey Bussell joins Strictly Come Dancing panel

Darcey Bussell Bussell was a former principal dancer with the Royal Ballet

Ballet star Darcey Bussell has been confirmed as the new judge on BBC One's Strictly Come Dancing.

Bussell, 42, retired as a dancer in 2007 but is still heavily involved with the ballet scene.

She will join Len Goodman, Craig Revel Horwood and Bruno Tonioli on the judging panel for Strictly when it returns in the autumn.

Bussell has appeared as a guest judge on the show but now joins on a full-time basis to replace Alesha Dixon ...

Full article, BBC, 25/04/12.

huh.gif

So that spells the end of Arlene's hopes of a return.

Darcey is not a bad choice. She's certainly well qualified for the job.
Mootle
Posted: Apr 25 2012, 09:42 PM

Naughty Tomato

I like Darcey, but does she know much about ballroom dancing?

--------------------
user posted image
Eddy
Posted: Jun 7 2012, 05:51 PM

Naughty Tomato
Group Icon

Noel Gallagher turns down Strictly Come Dancing gig

Full story here:

The Sun, 07/06/12.

smile.gif

I agree with his decision. LOL.

biggrin.gif
Eddy
Posted: Jun 20 2012, 12:24 PM

Naughty Tomato
Group Icon

'Strictly Come Dancing' axes professional dancer Katya Virshilas

Katya Virshilas will not return for the next series of Strictly Come Dancing, the BBC has confirmed.

The professional dancer, who partnered Phil Tufnell, Gavin Henson, Dan Lobb and Simon Webbe during her time on the show, has been axed to make way for a new face, according to The Sun.

A BBC spokeswoman said: "We'd like to thank Katya for her wonderful contribution to the show. She will very much remain part of the Strictly family."

A source told the paper that the show's new executive producers Glenn Coomber and Andrea Hamilton have decided to retain all the other professional dancers ...

Full piece, Digital Spy, 20/06/12.

sad.gif

Best of luck to her for the future.
Eddy
Posted: Jun 27 2012, 06:32 PM

Naughty Tomato
Group Icon

Sian Williams returns to the BBC

FORMER BBC Breakfast presenter Sian Williams is fox-trotting back to the Beeb – to appear on Strictly Come Dancing.

And she won’t be the only Williams strutting her stuff – Winter Olympics gold medal-winning Brit Amy Williams is also being lined up.

Bosses approached Sian after she quit BBC Breakfast in March following its move north to Salford. In November she danced with Strictly regular Vincent Simone in the Children In Need Strictly special ...

Full piece, the Sun, 27/06/12.

thumbsup.gif

I like Sian. She'll be good on SCD.
Eddy
Posted: Aug 4 2012, 10:11 AM

Naughty Tomato
Group Icon

The ultimate revenge on Simon Cowell? Dannii Minogue mulling over offer from rivals Strictly Come Dancing

BBC bosses desperately want the former X Factor judge on the dancefloor but she is still deciding whether to take part ...

Full story, Mirror, 31/07/12.

tongue.gif

I'd love to see her back on British TV. Why not SCD?

Eddy
Posted: Aug 27 2012, 08:15 PM

Naughty Tomato
Group Icon

Kimberley Walsh is reported to have signed to appear on the next series of Strictly Come Dancing.

The Girls Aloud star recently won plaudits for her role as Princess Fiona in the West End musical adaptation of Shrek ...

Full article, Digital Spy, 27/08/12.

smile.gif

Not a bad choice. She already dances well.

fruitloop.gif
Eddy
Posted: Aug 31 2012, 05:28 PM

Naughty Tomato
Group Icon

Johnny Ball Joins Strictly

Television veteran Johnny Ball is to become the oldest contestant to star in Strictly Come Dancing.

The 74-year-old follows his daughter Zoe on to the show after she came third in the 2005 series, and she has since gone on to be the host of spin-off show It Takes Two.

The children's presenter is known to a generation of viewers for his TV shows such as Think Of A Number and Think Again, and he was formerly a host of long-running kids' show Play School.

He is said to have looked "sprightly" during rehearsals for the show which returns to BBC One in just over two weeks.

Ball is two years older than Paul Daniels when he graced the dancefloor two years ago.."

The series will also feature former England cricket captain Michael Vaughan and other contestants are said to include Girls Aloud singer Kimberley Walsh and Westlife's Nicky Byrne. Gold medal-winning Olympic cyclist Victoria Pendleton has expressed an interest in appearing on the show.

Last year's Strictly was won by McFly star Harry Judd.

Waveguide, 31/08/12.

The line-up is coming together nicely.
Eddy
Posted: Sep 7 2012, 10:03 AM

Naughty Tomato
Group Icon

THE Beeb are handing ITV1’s Daybreak a major publicity boost – by signing their showbiz editor Richard Arnold as a contestant for the new series of Strictly Come Dancing.

Strictly turned to the breakfast show favourite at the eleventh hour after looking at the line-up for their tenth series, which starts tomorrow week, and deciding it needed more FUN ...

... Meanwhile, CBBC actress Dani Harmer will also be taking to the dancefloor after a musical she was starring in was axed.

Touring production Disco Inferno was cancelled for financial reasons, after an investor withdrew.

Strictly bosses snapped up Dani — best known for playing kids’ favourite Tracy Beaker — in a bid to appeal to viewers with young children.

A spokesman for Dani last night denied claims by Disco Inferno’s producers that she quit to take part in the BBC1 contest.

Other contestants signed up for the new run of Strictly include two Team GB medal heroes from the London 2012 Olympics — cyclist Victoria Pendleton and gymnast Louis Smith.

Full article, the Sun, 07/08/12.

smile.gif

So far, so good.
Eddy
Posted: Sep 8 2012, 04:52 PM

Naughty Tomato
Group Icon

Westlife Star For Strictly

Nicky Byrne has confirmed he is to compete on the new series of Strictly Come Dancing.

The 33-year-old former Westlife member revealed he would be one of the contestants while appearing as a guest on The One Show this evening.

Tracy Beaker actress Dani Harmer and Daybreak presenter Richard Arnold are also confirmed to compete on the 10th series of the popular BBC One series.

The full line-up of celebrities will be announced next week ahead of the show's return on September 15 ...

Full article, Waveguide, 07/09/12.
Eddy
Posted: Sep 8 2012, 06:13 PM

Naughty Tomato
Group Icon

Denise Van Outen joins 'Strictly' lineup?

Denise Van Outen is said to be the latest star who has signed up to appear on the forthcoming series of Strictly Come Dancing.

According to Heat magazine, the 38-year-old - who has previously starred in Legally Blonde and Tell Me On A Sunday in London's West End - has joined Westlife's Nicky Byrne, Girls Aloud singer Kimberley Walsh and Tracy Beaker star Dani Harmer as part of the tenth series lineup ...

Full piece, Digital Spy, 08/09/12.

dry.gif

Maybe I'm mistaken but I thought she was trained professionally as a dancer.
Eddy
Posted: Sep 10 2012, 03:19 PM

Naughty Tomato
Group Icon

Olympians Join Strictly

Olympic stars Victoria Pendleton and Louis Smith are set to take part in the BBC's Strictly Come Dancing.

Gold-medal winning cyclist Pendleton, 31, who retired from the sport after the London Games, had made no secret of her desire to take part in the ballroom dancing contest.

Smith, who won the silver medal in the pommel horse event and has hinted that he will not compete in Rio 2016, has already appeared on a previous series of The X Factor.

Fellow sportsman Michael Vaughan is expected to take to the dancefloor alongside the 23-year-old gymnast.

It has already been announced that Girls Aloud singer Kimberley Walsh is one of this year’s 14 contestants.

The 30-year-old tweeted a picture of herself practising with professional dancer Anton du Beke but reassured fans she was not revealing who her partner will be.

Waveguide, 10/09/12.

applaud.gif

Good choices.

I'm looking forward to the new series.
Eddy
Posted: Sep 10 2012, 07:58 PM

Naughty Tomato
Group Icon

Full list of 2012 participants:

Kimberley Walsh
Victoria Pendleton
Denise Van Outen
Jerry Hall
Fern Britton
Dani Harmer
Lisa Riley
Louis Smith
Richard Arnold
Johnny Ball
Nicky Byrne
Sid Owen
Colin Salmon
Michael Vaughan

More details, pics here, Digital Spy, 10/09/12.
Mootle
Posted: Sep 10 2012, 09:58 PM

Naughty Tomato

Wow. I've heard of 9 of those people!!
I hope none of the oldies drop dead from exhaustion ohmy.gif sad.gif unsure.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Eddy
Posted: Sep 14 2012, 06:57 PM

Naughty Tomato
Group Icon

Bruce Forsyth reignites Louis Walsh feud

Sir Bruce Forsyth has reignited his feud with Louis Walsh, saying the 'X Factor' judge hasn't had a varied TV career.

The 84-year-old presenter - who branded the ITV1 show "embarrassing" in 2010 and the Irish music mogul hit back saying he the veteran host is "too old" and should be dead - has slammed Louis for being a panellist on 'X Factor' since the series started in 2004.

Speaking during filming for the series opener of BBC One's 'Strictly' tomorrow night (15.09.12), Bruce told the audience: "I never said Louis Walsh was a karaoke judge - that was a reader. Then he said I should be dead.

"He apologised - but then did an interview with the Radio Times and said it all again.

"And he said, 'I'm not sure I can do another 'X Factor'.' Well, he can always make a comeback - because he hasn't been anywhere."

In 2010, Bruce claimed 'X Factor' was "embarrassing" for contestants and he didn't think it was "entertaining" ...

Full article, the List, 14/09/12.

thumbsup.gif

Pleased that Sir Bruce has defended himself.

smile.gif
Eddy
Posted: Sep 15 2012, 06:56 AM

Naughty Tomato
Group Icon

One moment I was teaching Goldie Hawn to dance, the next I was a camp bellboy in an Elton John video, Says Bruno Tonioli

Extracts from Bruno's book. I found this quite interesting ...

Full article, the Sun, 13/09/12.
Rose
Posted: Sep 15 2012, 10:18 AM

Naughty Tomato

Member No.: 15

Looking forward to the show tonight ..

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (4) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 1.0423 seconds | Archive