Skin Earòx designed by Zeus00 of the IF Skin Zone.

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to JT Refugees. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Welcome to JT Refugees, a site owned and run by its members for its members. Hello & welcome to JT Refugees. New members welcome. It's quick and easy to join.
Pages: (5) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Strictly Come Dancing 7, 2009
Eddy
  Posted: Jul 28 2009, 05:06 PM

Naughty Tomato
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

A thread for news and gossip about the latest series.

Enjoy.

biggrin.gif
Eddy
Posted: Jul 28 2009, 05:09 PM

Naughty Tomato
Group Icon

Twiggy Turned Down Strictly

Model and television star Twiggy has revealed that she turned down the chance to appear on Strictly Come Dancing.

According to The Daily Telegraph, the 59-year-old star said that she had been approached about the show on a number of occasions.

Twiggy said: "Every year they ask me to do that programme, but I just can't do it and I never will. It makes me feel sick just at the thought of it."

The star has previously worked as a judge on US reality show America's Next Top Model.

Waveguide, 27/07/09.
Eddy
Posted: Jul 28 2009, 06:35 PM

Naughty Tomato
Group Icon

Natalie Cassidy to lose weight again

Natalie Cassidy is ''thrilled'' to be appearing on UK TV talent show 'Strictly Come Dancing' as she sees it as the perfect opportunity to get back in shape ...

... Other star reportedly set to appear on the programme include Sharon Osbourne and 'Coronation Street's Reece Dinsdale.

Full article, stv, 28/07/09.

Eddy
Posted: Jul 29 2009, 05:17 AM

Naughty Tomato
Group Icon

Strictly Come Dancing in crisis after Sharon Osbourne and Richard Madeley quit over fee cuts
By Mark Jefferies

Strictly Come Dancing was in turmoil last night as some of the show’s top stars quit.

Sharon Osbourne walked out after her salary was slashed and Richard Madeley was another who left.

The walkouts came after BBC1 boss Jay Hunt insisted on a 30% reduction in costs this year.

Host Bruce Forsyth has taken a £160,000 cut from his £660,000 contract down to £500,000.

Producers also face a revolt from Strictly’s professional dancers, with some refusing to sign contracts because their £35,000 series fees are being heavily cut ...

Aussie-born Ms Hunt, 43, sparked an ageism outcry after dumping popular Arlene Phillips, 66, from the panel in favour of former winner Alesha Dixon.

Hunt’s heavy-handed style is causing concern because she has upset several BBC stars and executives since rejoining 18 months ago. At least three household names have been left shell-shocked after a dressing down from her.

One senior boss moaned: “Jay has no idea how to finesse a situation, especially with talent, and there’s a lot of disquiet.”

Sharon Osbourne, 57, was already concerned at Arlene’s brutal treatment. But the paltry contract she was offered made up her mind.

“Sharon is a serious player in America’s Got Talent but what the BBC finally offered was ridiculous” said a pal. “And what happened to Arlene was a disgrace.”

By contrast, Strictly’s rival The X Factor has a bigger budget this year, with up to £6million extra to spend.

Last night, a BBC spokeswoman denied the Mirror’s story – but went on to confirm it had met with Sharon and Richard.

Mirror, 29/07/09.
Mootle
Posted: Jul 29 2009, 01:18 PM

Naughty Tomato

Group: Super Member
Member No.: 115

I'm not going to watch it without Arlene Phillips in it anyway.
sad.gif

--------------------
user posted image
paulwj
Posted: Jul 29 2009, 04:11 PM

Admin but also from another site
Group Icon

Member No.: 14

I'll watch it even more so now that Shaz is no longer going to be on it lol

--------------------
user posted image
Eddy
Posted: Jul 29 2009, 05:14 PM

Naughty Tomato
Group Icon

I'm delighted that Sharon O is likely not to appear.

I really do not like her.

sad.gif
Mootle
Posted: Jul 29 2009, 07:32 PM

Naughty Tomato

QUOTE (paulwj @ Jul 29 2009, 05:11 PM)
I'll watch it even more so now that Shaz is no longer going to be on it lol

you do have a point there paul smile.gif
I think this may be the second time she has chickened out of doing it... laugh.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Mootle
Posted: Jul 29 2009, 07:33 PM

Naughty Tomato

QUOTE (Eddy @ Jul 29 2009, 06:14 PM)
I'm delighted that Sharon O is likely not to appear.

I really do not like her.

sad.gif

can't say I do, either sad.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Eddy
Posted: Aug 11 2009, 06:26 PM

Naughty Tomato
Group Icon

Zoe Lucker For Strictly Come Dancing 2009?

Footballers’ Wives actress Zoe Lucker is said to have signed up for this year’s Strictly Come Dancing.

According to The Sun, Lucker is hoping an appearance on the show will raise her profile and boost her career.

“Zoe’s really keen to sign up for Strictly,” said a source. “Over the years she’s seen how being on the show has raised profiles of the celebrities who’ve taken part, such as Alesha Dixon and Rachel Stevens.

“She feels that she’s still only really known for her part in Footballers’ Wives, which ended more than three years ago.”

Unreality TV, 11/08/09.

smile.gif

I like Zoe Lucker. One of our best young actresses who is greatly under valued.

thumbsup.gif

Eddy
Posted: Aug 12 2009, 05:52 PM

Naughty Tomato
Group Icon

BBC To Drop Strictly Results Show

The BBC has announced it is to drop the BBC One show's Strictly Come Dancing Sunday night results programme.

Viewers will see couples compete, face the public vote and have the dance-off all in a single extended programme on Saturday evenings.

The pre-recorded Sunday show was introduced in 2007, but proved unpopular with many viewers.

A spokesman for the BBC said: "We are packing all the action into one dramatic show."

The new series of Strictly will begin in September with two special Friday night launch shows, but will switch to Saturdays from then on.

The spokesman added: "We wanted to make Strictly Come Dancing an unmissable TV event this autumn.

"Audiences will be watching, voting and, crucially, seeing who's in and who's out every week on Saturday nights."

Waveguide, 12/08/09.
Eddy
Posted: Aug 16 2009, 07:11 AM

Naughty Tomato
Group Icon

Jo kicks Ronnie in the boleros
By James Weatherup.

THE dumped wife of rock legend Ronnie Wood will star in the new series of Strictly Come Dancing.

Jo Wood, 53, ditched last year by the Rolling Stones guitarist for his 20-year-old Russian lover Ekaterina Ivanova, is already in training for the gruelling show.

A BBC insider revealed: "Jo is in fantastic shape, looks amazing and is going to be brilliant. She'll love to show Ronnie a clean pair of heels."

The Beeb tried to keep its new celebs under wraps before the show returns next month. But we can reveal that joining mum-of-three Jo will be former Footballers' Wives stars Zoe Lucker and Laila Rouass. Blonde Zoe, 34, played scheming Tanya Turner while Laila, 32, was her love rival Amber Gates. Now the girls will battle again on the dancefloor. They will be joined by Crimewatch presenter Rav Wilding, 31, a former cop. The 16 new celebrities will also include world super middleweight champion boxer Joe Calzaghe.

The new series has already been hit by controversy with former winner Alesha Dixon, 30, replacing veteran judge Arlene Phillips, 66, and host Bruce Forsyth having his £660,000 salary reduced by a quarter.

NOTW, 16/08/09.

Mootle
Posted: Aug 16 2009, 01:07 PM

Naughty Tomato

I'm amazed that Bruce Forsythe is 15 years older than Arlene, and all he gets is a cut in salary. sad.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Eddy
Posted: Aug 21 2009, 08:04 AM

Naughty Tomato
Group Icon

Tuffers to take spin on Strictly
By COLIN ROBERTSON

CRICKET legend Phil Tufnell has signed up to appear in Strictly Come Dancing.

The former spin- bowler, 43, is already in training for the BBC1 ballroom hit after agreeing a fee of around £30,000.

A show source said last night: "Phil is as fit as a fiddle so he's a perfect signing.

"He's also a massive Strictly fan and has been to watch the show several times in previous series."

The telly favourite - who won I'm A Celebrity in 2003 - will find out today which pro dancer he will partner in the series kicking off next month.

Meanwhile Tory heavyweight Ann Widdecombe is "seriously" considering an invitation to appear in next year's series.

Spinster Ann, 61, who steps down as an MP next year, was inspired by last year's performance by broadcaster John Sergeant.

She declared: "If he can galumph around the floor well, I can galumph around the floor."

Other names being lined up for this year's series include TV host Fern Britton, runner Linford Christie and ex-EastEnder Ricky Groves.

The Sun, 21/08/09.

Eddy
Posted: Aug 21 2009, 07:38 PM

Naughty Tomato
Group Icon

You’ll Never Guess Who’s Joined Strictly Come Dancing!

Crikey! Our British talent shows aren’t half stepping up their game at the moment, with just one day to go (hurrah) until the start of The X Factor, Strictly Come Dancing look to be lacing up their boxing gloves with a super exiting announcement…

The folk at the Beeb are proud to announce that La Toya Jackson is in talks to appear on the show, and she should (all being well) be signing on the dotted line later today! *SCREAM!*

Now we know she crawled onto the Z List after making an appearance on this year’s Celebrity Big Brother and won us over by letting us hear all about her rather bizarre past. Cue a violent ex lover…

But it appears that the cute little lady we saw on Big Brother has been hardened by the death of her brother, which has once again made her a mega star… and it’s thought that she has already fired off a list of demands, which include wanting her own dressing room.

Oh well, think of what it would do for the ratings… I wonder if she has her brother’s killer moves and even more exciting, if she‘ll dance to one of his tracks?

Female First, 21/08/09.

angry.gif

If true, I am totally shocked.
Eddy
Posted: Aug 23 2009, 07:21 AM

Naughty Tomato
Group Icon

Strictly £50,000 per star
By James Weatherup.

STARS of this year's Strictly Come Dancing will each be paid the same sum - £50,000.

BBC bosses want to avoid the jealous bickering that broke out last year over pay packets.

An insider said: "We're going head-to-head with X Factor. Bosses don't want any hiccups."

Set for this year's show are tennis legend Martina Hingis, 28, Oxo actress Linda Bellingham, 61, The Bill's Ali Bastian, 26, athlete Jade Johnson, 29, Hollyoaks' Ricky Whittle, 37, Crimewatch's Rav Wilding, 31, and BBC Breakfast's Chris Hollins, 47.

Pairings will include Brendan Cole with Ronnie Wood's estranged wife Jo, 54. Footballers' Wives star Zoe Lucker, 35, dances with James Jordan, while ex-EastEnder Natalie Cassidy, 26, partners Vincent Simone. Actress Laila Rouass, 34, is with Anton du Beke, Kristina Rihanoff with boxer Joe Calzaghe, 37, and EastEnder Ricky Groves, 38, with Erin Boag.

NOTW< 23/08/09.
Mootle
Posted: Aug 23 2009, 01:37 PM

Naughty Tomato

I read somewhere that Ann Widdecombe was going on the show ohmy.gif laugh.gif
If so, I might abandon my scruples and watch it laugh.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Eddy
Posted: Aug 25 2009, 11:49 AM

Naughty Tomato
Group Icon

Official.

The female contestants and their dancing partners are:

Ali Bastian and Brian Fortuna
Lynda Bellingham and Darren Bennett
Natalie Cassidy and Vincent Simone
Martina Hingis and Matthew Cutler
Jade Johnson and Ian Waite
Zoe Lucker and James Jordan
Laila Rouass and Anton du Beke
Jo Wood and Brendan Cole

The male contestants and their dancing partners are:

Joe Calzaghe and Kristina Rihanoff
Richard Dunwoody and Lilia Kopylova
Ricky Groves and Erin Boag
Chris Hollins and Ola Jordan
Craig Kelly and Flavia Cacace
Phil Tufnell and Katya Virshilas
Ricky Whittle and Natalie Lowe
Rav Wilding and Aliona Vilani

KingArthur
Posted: Aug 25 2009, 01:10 PM

Naughty Tomato

Group: JT Refugees League
Member No.: 3

Martina Hingis is quite a coup, most of the others are ... who?
Eddy
Posted: Aug 25 2009, 02:20 PM

Naughty Tomato
Group Icon

I am actually quite impressed with the 2009 lot.
Eddy
Posted: Aug 29 2009, 07:28 AM

Naughty Tomato
Group Icon

Joe is Strictly a heavyweight

BOXING ace Joe Calzaghe has been put on a diet by his Strictly Come Dancing partner - because he's too much of a heavyweight.

Professional dancer Kristina Rihanoff reckons they can win - if he sheds TWO STONE ...

Full article, the Sun, 29/08/09.

Eddy
Posted: Sep 6 2009, 06:35 AM

Naughty Tomato
Group Icon

STRICTLY BAWLROOM
Jo Wood breaks down after steps crisis.

... The tearful wife of wrinkly rocker Ronnie broke down during rehearsals on Friday after struggling to learn her new steps ...

Full article. with pictures, here, NOTW, 06/09/09.

Mootle
Posted: Sep 6 2009, 12:39 PM

Naughty Tomato

Strangely enough, I've actually heard of this lot!
I wonder what happened to Ann Widdecombe? I should think she really is too old for this programme anyway.. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
user posted image
paulwj
Posted: Sep 6 2009, 12:56 PM

Admin but also from another site
Group Icon

Member No.: 14

QUOTE (Mootle @ Sep 6 2009, 01:39 PM)
Strangely enough, I've actually heard of this lot!
I wonder what happened to Ann Widdecombe? I should think she really is too old for this programme anyway.. rolleyes.gif

she's going to do it next year when she stops being an MP not this year!

--------------------
user posted image
Mootle
Posted: Sep 6 2009, 10:51 PM

Naughty Tomato

It should be interesting, remembering how she resisted physical exercise in the Celeberity Slimming Series, whose name escapes me for the moment laugh.gif

--------------------
user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic OptionsPages: (5) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.3512 seconds | Archive