Skin Earòx designed by Zeus00 of the IF Skin Zone.

Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to JT Refugees. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Welcome to JT Refugees, a site owned and run by its members for its members. Hello & welcome to JT Refugees. New members welcome. It's quick and easy to join.
Pages: (4) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

The law is an ass
Rose
Posted: Oct 22 2007, 06:01 PM

Naughty Tomato

Group: Super Member
Member No.: 15

LONDON (Reuters) - A man who punched a 96-year-old war veteran, leaving him blind in one eye, during an unprovoked attack on a tram in south London, escaped jail on Monday.

Stephen Gordon, 44, a paranoid schizophrenic, was sentenced to a three-year supervision order at Croydon Crown Court after the judge ruled that treatment rather than jail would be "in the best interests of the public in the future".

The incident occurred after Gordon tried to push past the elderly man, who requires two walking sticks and was standing in the aisle of a busy tram travelling near Croydon on December 14 last year.

As he did so, Gordon's hat was brushed off his head. He retaliated by calling the elderly man a "bastard" and then punched him in the face.

He was arrested in January this year after the incident was captured on CCTV and found guilty at trial of causing grievous bodily harm.

"This was a particularly nasty attack on an elderly man who was obviously very frail and was physically not able to defend himself," said Detective Constable Darren Stenning of British Transport Police.

"The blow to the victim's head caused serious injury, which has resulted in the victim losing sight in one eye. And unfortunately since this assault, the victim's health has deteriorated and he now resides in a residential care home."

loonyangry.gif

This three-year supervision order to me beyond belief - The laws of this land are just so out of date and need to be changed - how do you go about it - anyone know ? ..

If you and I - who are in our right minds were found guilty of GBH - away we would to jail go but if you have a mental health problem you stay free ...

The judge ruled that treatment rather than jail would be "in the best interests of the public in the future". ----- Is paranoid schizophrenic Curable ? .. The 3 year supervision order will not even begin to manage the condition ..
Eddy
Posted: Oct 22 2007, 06:06 PM

Naughty Tomato
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Rose, I agree with you. An utter disgrace.

If the man involved is mentally ill, than this sort of behaviour should dictate that be held in some sort of secure hospital until he is better.

However, if he is well enough to walk the streets, then he should have gone to prison.

This sort of rubbish from our courts has led to a situation where the law is not respected & the police & the courts are not feared by criminals.
Eddy
Posted: Oct 23 2007, 05:56 PM

Naughty Tomato
Group Icon

THE number of violent crooks committing murders, rapes and other serious crimes while on jail early release soared 36 per cent last year, figures revealed.

All were supposed to be under supervision when they carried out the vicious attacks ...

Full article, the Sun, 23/10/07.
Eddy
Posted: Oct 23 2007, 05:59 PM

Naughty Tomato
Group Icon

QUOTE (Eddy @ Oct 23 2007, 06:56 PM)
THE number of violent crooks committing murders, rapes and other serious crimes while on jail early release soared 36 per cent last year, figures revealed.

All were supposed to be under supervision when they carried out the vicious attacks ...

Full article, the Sun, 23/10/07.

So the police catch them & we pay to prosecute them. Then a jury finds them guilty & the judge passes sentence ... only for them to be put back on our streets in order to save money by not building more prisons.

What we need for violent criminals is longer custodial sentences & then supervision afterwards, not this sort of rubbish policy.

As rose says, the law is an ass.
KingArthur
Posted: Nov 1 2007, 10:35 AM

Naughty Tomato

Group: JT Refugees League
Member No.: 3

Here is a breifish summary of an ongoing local case.

A couple in their sixties are taking their evening meal when they hear a frantic knock on the door. On answering the door the man sees a breathless, panicked stranger who says he is being chased by a gang of youths and needs sanctuary. The youths however have followed their prey and come storming through the garden. The homeowner slams shut the door but the window is smashed and the youths are kicking in the door. The sixty year old bravely holds his ground and fends off the first couple of marauders until they give up.

The upshot? Yes, you guesed it, the sixty year old man has been charged with assaulting two of the youths (both teenagers.) He is currently awaiting trial. The law is an ass.
Eddy
Posted: Nov 1 2007, 11:13 AM

Naughty Tomato
Group Icon

It's just appalling. This sort of thing cannot be allowed to go on happening.
Jungleboy
Posted: Nov 1 2007, 11:50 AM

Wandering Monkey

Member No.: 10

common sense? where?

--------------------
user posted image
KingArthur
Posted: Nov 16 2007, 05:24 PM

Naughty Tomato

How about this from Saudi Arabia?

A 19 yr old women is gang-raped by seven men. They are sentenced to between 1-5 yrs while she is given 60 lashes for the "crime" of being in a car with a man who is not a relative...

The woman appeals the sentence and whilst her attackers get their sentences increased, she too suffers. Her 60 lashes are increased to 200 and she gets 6 months prison for "trying to exploit the media."

loonyangry.gif censored2.gif disbelief.gif
Eddy
Posted: Nov 16 2007, 06:21 PM

Naughty Tomato
Group Icon

QUOTE (KingArthur @ Nov 16 2007, 06:24 PM)
How about this from Saudi Arabia?

A 19 yr old women is gang-raped by seven men. They are sentenced to between 1-5 yrs while she is given 60 lashes for the "crime" of being in a car with a man who is not a relative...

The woman appeals the sentence and whilst her attackers get their sentences increased, she too suffers. Her 60 lashes are increased to 200 and she gets 6 months prison for "trying to exploit the media."

loonyangry.gif censored2.gif disbelief.gif

Absolutely shocking. Yet our governments refuse to speak out.
KingArthur
Posted: Dec 11 2007, 02:36 PM

Naughty Tomato

Now to Australia. A 10 yr old girl is gang raped by nine youths/men and not a single one of them is given a prison term. The judge suggests that the girl "probably consented" loonyangry.gif

It seems the demented (female, I think) judge is concerned that all involved are part of the Aboriginal community...the males being part of a "high ranking" tribe whilst the poor girl is of a "lower" status.

Printable words fail me.
paulwj
Posted: Dec 11 2007, 03:19 PM

Admin but also from another site
Group Icon

Member No.: 14

QUOTE (KingArthur @ Dec 11 2007, 02:36 PM)
Now to Australia. A 10 yr old girl is gang raped by nine youths/men and not a single one of them is given a prison term. The judge suggests that the girl "probably consented" loonyangry.gif

It seems the demented (female, I think) judge is concerned that all involved are part of the Aboriginal community...the males being part of a "high ranking" tribe whilst the poor girl is of a "lower" status.

Printable words fail me.

it gets even worse from what sky news just said all the men plead guilty as well!
the premier has ordered an investigation into all the sex crime rulings because he thinks that there will be more cases of racism
(which is what this boils down to)

--------------------
user posted image
KingArthur
Posted: Dec 11 2007, 04:02 PM

Naughty Tomato

I sincerely hope that this investigation begins with the judge being sacked with no payoff, no pension etc.
Rose
Posted: Dec 11 2007, 04:03 PM

Naughty Tomato

I just do not know what to say disbelief.gif

What other humans have to go through at the hands of so call other humans, beggers delief - it really does .. cry3.gif
Eddy
Posted: Dec 11 2007, 06:16 PM

Naughty Tomato
Group Icon

QUOTE (Rose @ Dec 11 2007, 05:03 PM)
I just do not know what to say disbelief.gif

What other humans have to go through at the hands of so call other humans, beggers delief - it really does .. cry3.gif

I agree. What an awful case.
Eddy
Posted: Dec 11 2007, 09:03 PM

Naughty Tomato
Group Icon

There are a few more details here:

The Sun, 11/12/07.
paulwj
Posted: Dec 11 2007, 10:11 PM

Admin but also from another site
Group Icon

Member No.: 14

even more details

skynews

--------------------
user posted image
Eddy
Posted: Jan 16 2008, 06:52 PM

Naughty Tomato
Group Icon

Three convicted of Newlove murder

Three teenagers have been found guilty of the murder of father-of-three Garry Newlove.

Two of the juveniles can now be named as Stephen Paul Sorton, 17, of Honister Avenue, Warrington, and Jordan Cunlifffe, 16, formerly of Rowland Close, Warrington.

Also convicted of the murder of Mr Newlove was Adam Swellings, 19, of Meredith Street, Crewe.

Two juveniles, aged 17 and 15, were cleared of murder and manslaughter.

It can also be reported that Swellings had been released from custody on bail on August 10 last year. Hours later, he was part of the gang which kicked Mr Newlove to death.

One of the bail conditions, it has emerged, was that Swellings was to have kept out of Warrington.

Mr Newlove, 47, suffered massive head injuries after he left his home in Warrington, Cheshire, to confront a gang of teenagers about vandalism to cars parked outside.

He was punched to the ground and kicked "as if he were a football". Mr Newlove, who was married to Helen, 44, died at Warrington Hospital two days later.

He was attacked on August 10 last year on Station Road North, Fearnhead, Warrington, just days before he was due to go on holiday with his wife Helen and his three daughters.

The jury deliberated for 55 hours and 25 minutes in total. As the verdicts were read out, there were gasps from the public gallery.

Ananova, 16/01/08.

Please note the bit in bold. Why is bail given out so easily? And why is bail given out when there are not the resourses to police it probably?

The law, once again, is an ass. And another innocent man has lost his life because of it.
Rose
Posted: Jan 17 2008, 01:21 PM

Naughty Tomato

It was talked about in general yesterday on the radio - people are let out - bail or early from prison as we just DO NOT have the places for all the people that should be in prison ...

disbelief.gif
KingArthur
Posted: Jan 17 2008, 03:05 PM

Naughty Tomato

I just do not understand what has happened to this country.
Far from being a saint I have had some "punch-ups" in my time and probably (certainly) lost a few of them...but the idea back then was once a guy was down and out it ended. Now it seems once a guy is down you take the opportunity to kick him to death frantic.gif
I despair.
Eddy
Posted: Feb 20 2008, 05:49 AM

Naughty Tomato
Group Icon

IN a picture that shames Britain, 76-year-old former soldier Richard Fitzmaurice is led away in handcuffs for non-payment of council tax.

Shocked, he asked: “Is that really necessary? You don’t need those for me.”

But yet again, in a triumph of robotic bureaucracy over common sense, he was told “procedures had to be followed” ...

... “I am here on a matter of principle . . . pensioners in this country are the worst-treated in Europe. It is not fair and it is not right. I have no other way of protesting.” ...

Picture of Richard in handcuffs & full article here, the Sun, 20/02/08.

Eddy
Posted: Feb 20 2008, 05:52 AM

Naughty Tomato
Group Icon

QUOTE (Eddy @ Feb 20 2008, 06:49 AM)
IN a picture that shames Britain, 76-year-old former soldier Richard Fitzmaurice is led away in handcuffs for non-payment of council tax.

Shocked, he asked: “Is that really necessary? You don’t need those for me.”

But yet again, in a triumph of robotic bureaucracy over common sense, he was told “procedures had to be followed” ...

... “I am here on a matter of principle . . . pensioners in this country are the worst-treated in Europe. It is not fair and it is not right. I have no other way of protesting.” ...

Picture of Richard in handcuffs & full article here, the Sun, 20/02/08.

What a disgrace.

We treat our pensioners far worse than we treat criminals. Pensioners are being forced into poverty because the government has not looked after them. They paid, all their lives, into the national insurance system on the promise of a decent pension.

angry.gif
Rose
Posted: Feb 20 2008, 09:26 AM

Naughty Tomato

It is very shameful ..

Best of luck to Mr Fitzmaurice .
KingArthur
Posted: Feb 20 2008, 09:34 AM

Naughty Tomato

I agree that pensioners have been treated shabbily by this and indeed previous govts. The priorities are simply all wrong. The article itself is wrong though by saying UK in the headline as the law in Scotland regarding debt is very different to that in England and Wales. (I don't know about NI.)
Eddy
Posted: Mar 12 2008, 09:25 PM

Naughty Tomato
Group Icon

Crime suspects let off because CPS lawyers 'too slow'

More than 2,000 crime suspects had their cases dropped last year because Crown Prosecution Service lawyers were not ready for court, it has emerged.

CPS chief inspector Stephen Wooler said the number of potential thieves, violent offenders and drug dealers escaping trial "continued to be too high".

The service said its "throw-out rate" - 2.5 per cent of all Crown cases - had improved, but needed working on.

Mirror, 12/03/08.
Eddy
Posted: Mar 12 2008, 09:28 PM

Naughty Tomato
Group Icon

QUOTE (Eddy @ Mar 12 2008, 10:25 PM)
Crime suspects let off because CPS lawyers 'too slow'

More than 2,000 crime suspects had their cases dropped last year because Crown Prosecution Service lawyers were not ready for court, it has emerged.

CPS chief inspector Stephen Wooler said the number of potential thieves, violent offenders and drug dealers escaping trial "continued to be too high".

The service said its "throw-out rate" - 2.5 per cent of all Crown cases - had improved, but needed working on.

Mirror, 12/03/08.

The police catch them & charge them because they believe they have enough evidence to convict them.

But the courts dismiss cases because the CPS can't get it's act together to prepare for the trial.

Absurd.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (4) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2150 seconds | Archive