Skin Eaṛx designed by Zeus00 of the IF Skin Zone.

Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to JT Refugees. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Welcome to JT Refugees, a site owned and run by its members for its members. Hello & welcome to JT Refugees. New members welcome. It's quick and easy to join.

Return to the Moon
Northern Git
Posted: Dec 4 2006, 09:03 PM

Wanderer

Group: JT Refugees League
Member No.: 31

NASA unveils exploration strategy, lunar architecture
NASA NEWS RELEASE
Posted: December 4, 2006

HOUSTON - NASA on Monday unveiled the initial elements of the Global Exploration Strategy and a proposed U.S. lunar architecture, two critical tools for achieving the nation's vision of returning humans to the moon.

user posted image
An artist's concept shows a lunar lander on the moon. Credit: NASA/John Frassanito and Associates

Briefly

Following extensive planning discussions...

......NASA's Lunar Architecture Team, chartered in May 2006, concluded that the most advantageous approach is to develop a solar-powered lunar base and to locate it near one of the poles of the moon. With such an outpost, NASA can learn to use the moon's natural resources to live off the land, make preparations for a journey to Mars, conduct a wide range of scientific investigations and encourage international participation.

As currently envisioned, an incremental buildup would begin with four-person crews making several seven-day visits to the moon until their power supplies, rovers and living quarters are operational. The first mission would begin by 2020. These would be followed by 180-day missions to prepare for journeys to Mars..........

A fine example of management-speak including well known phrases like "leveraging capabilities" and "refining architecture" can be found at

NASA
Eddy
Posted: Dec 4 2006, 09:34 PM

Naughty Tomato
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

About time for a return. smile.gif

I was reading an article, not so long ago, that argued that the Moon landings of the 1960s were incredible achievements given the technology/computers etc that were available at the time.

smile.gif
Miss M
Posted: Dec 4 2006, 09:37 PM

Wanderer

Member No.: 78

YEA Eddy About time. We should have returned to the moon a long time ago. I think the only way we will see world become excited about the Moon if they ever discover oil or something else valuable then you will have all the countries and business people varying for Moon space. If Profit is the only way to forward Moon and other planetary exploration then so be it.

--------------------
Miss M.
Rose
Posted: Dec 5 2006, 07:08 AM

Naughty Tomato

Group: Super Member
Member No.: 15

My eldest son would go there for a holiday - he loves anything to do with flight etc ..
Were as I panic if I get even to close to a plane.. blush04.gif
Jungleboy
Posted: Dec 5 2006, 12:09 PM

Wandering Monkey

Member No.: 10

MOON 2 The Long Awaited Sequel! thumbsup.gif

planning a permanent base (much like a Lunar Southpole Base ,..ish.. thingy) Link

--------------------
user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2796 seconds | Archive