Translate this Page:

Share and Share Alike:

By: TwitterButtons.com
It Is Written, Where Creativity May Flourish

Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to It Is Written, the perfect, family-friendly home for up-and-coming writers. Here you can safely, securely, and privately share all of your work with a tight-knit community of fellow writers. Short stories, poetry, fan fiction, RPGs, constructive criticism, it's all welcomed on our site! We also offer areas to share your artwork, photography, music, and writing tips and tricks. Don't hesitate to join now and reap the rewards of being a community member!

As a guest, we hope you enjoy your visit. Since you're currently viewing our board as a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections and use many member-only features such as sharing your work, viewing others' work, customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our Community!

For technical support, or if you would like to affiliate your site with ours, please contact us at: 310down@gmail.com

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Announcements
Writing PromptNewsOur Associates
Fall is almost here! Let's express our joy for the season by sharing our Autumn poetry and artwork. The new poetry contest will begin soon... Wilderness Interface Zone,
a Nature Writing Site

The Universe Inside my Head

The Bizarre Files
Forum Rules Fan Fiction Rules

The Fairon Chronicles: Review Topic, A BIONICLE Epic
TheSlicer
Posted: Apr 19 2011, 08:17 PM

Group: Members
Member No.: 5

Here you can review my new epic, The Fairon Chronicles. Any and all constructive criticism will be appreciated.
CAT
Posted: Apr 20 2011, 11:24 AM

Mentat

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Great beginning's for the epics forum! :) I've only read the first chapter so far, but already there's a buildup to a great story. There's only a couple of spelling/grammar errors I found,

Still, he was still certain that he had the upper hand

and

...closed his eyes before the next one could struck

But those are the only ones I caught. The only other thing I'd add is, because you and I are probably the only Bionicle fans in the forum right now, define some of the terms used in the story, like Toa, Matoran, Kanohi, bio, Vortixx, etc.

--------------------
QUOTE (Seer)
In a world of predictability, it is the insane that give one the last glimmers of entertainment.
TheSlicer
Posted: Apr 21 2011, 07:33 PM

QUOTE (CAT @ Apr 20 2011, 11:24 AM)
Great beginning's for the epics forum! :) I've only read the first chapter so far, but already there's a buildup to a great story. There's only a couple of spelling/grammar errors I found,

and

But those are the only ones I caught. The only other thing I'd add is, because you and I are probably the only Bionicle fans in the forum right now, define some of the terms used in the story, like Toa, Matoran, Kanohi, bio, Vortixx, etc.

Thanks, I hadn't noticed those. I'll go fix 'em now. Also, you misused the apostrophe in the first paragraph... :P
CAT
Posted: Apr 21 2011, 08:03 PM

Mentat

QUOTE (TheSlicer @ Apr 22 2011, 12:33 AM)
QUOTE (CAT @ Apr 20 2011, 11:24 AM)

and

Thanks, I hadn't noticed those. I'll go fix 'em now. Also, you misused the apostrophe in the first paragraph... :P

D'oh! :P

--------------------
QUOTE (Seer)
In a world of predictability, it is the insane that give one the last glimmers of entertainment.
CAT
Posted: May 19 2011, 09:09 PM

Mentat

Finally got around to reading the first chapter. I must say, you're quite the writer ;) I could only find one grammatical err:

A pair of precise but powerful slashes that came inches from Dorex's face, which was already half burned away to form a smoking, unrecognizable visage

The sentence isn't overall too bad, but I'd make it a bit more clear, since as it is it's a bit fragmented. I'd add a "There came a" or something like that to the beginning.

Also, I wanted to ask: is the story based in the official Bionicle canon, only in the future? Or is it an alternate universe?

--------------------
QUOTE (Seer)
TheSlicer
Posted: May 23 2011, 12:02 AM

QUOTE (CAT @ May 19 2011, 09:09 PM)
Finally got around to reading the first chapter. I must say, you're quite the writer ;) I could only find one grammatical err:

A pair of precise but powerful slashes that came inches from Dorex's face, which was already half burned away to form a smoking, unrecognizable visage

The sentence isn't overall too bad, but I'd make it a bit more clear, since as it is it's a bit fragmented. I'd add a "There came a" or something like that to the beginning.

Also, I wanted to ask: is the story based in the official Bionicle canon, only in the future? Or is it an alternate universe?

It's set in an alternate universe. Teridax was killed in the Great Cataclysm, the mask of time lost. The Metru Nui Matoran remain on the island, though have since made a colony on the island of Mata Nui; however, Vakama is killed, leaving Dume and the rest of the Metru to lead as Turaga, though all save Matau and Whenua were killed in an "incident" some years prior to the story.

The Brotherhood of Makuta, denying any involvement in the Cataclysm, has managed to keep the universe in an uneasy peace for the last thousand years, though rival factions have been popping up left and right. Recently, tensions erupted to cause a major battle on the island of Xia, which the Order was involved in. Now certain of the presence of another major power in the universe, the Brotherhood begins to seek them out, unaware that the Order of Darkness may potentially be the greater threat.

PS: Please be advised that I'm currently in a major revision of chapters one through five, so I've taken 'em down. Sorry, guys.

PPS: Shouldn't this be moved to the fanfics section?
CAT
Posted: May 23 2011, 08:57 AM

Mentat

QUOTE (TheSlicer @ May 23 2011, 05:02 AM)

It's set in an alternate universe. Teridax was killed in the Great Cataclysm, the mask of time lost. The Metru Nui Matoran remain on the island, though have since made a colony on the island of Mata Nui; however, Vakama is killed, leaving Dume and the rest of the Metru to lead as Turaga, though all save Matau and Whenua were killed in an "incident" some years prior to the story.

The Brotherhood of Makuta, denying any involvement in the Cataclysm, has managed to keep the universe in an uneasy peace for the last thousand years, though rival factions have been popping up left and right. Recently, tensions erupted to cause a major battle on the island of Xia, which the Order was involved in. Now certain of the presence of another major power in the universe, the Brotherhood begins to seek them out, unaware that the Order of Darkness may potentially be the greater threat.

PS: Please be advised that I'm currently in a major revision of chapters one through five, so I've taken 'em down. Sorry, guys.

Ah, ok. I wasn't sure because things seemed a bit futuristic.

That's ok, too. Just remember to post them back up once you're done :P

Because of the nature of this story, it could fit in either forum. It really depends on which one you want it to be in.

--------------------
QUOTE (Seer)
TheSlicer
Posted: May 30 2011, 03:32 PM

QUOTE (CAT @ May 23 2011, 08:57 AM)

Because of the nature of this story, it could fit in either forum. It really depends on which one you want it to be in.

I'd prefer it in the fanfic section. And yes, it's meant to be rather futuristic; it's a sci-fi story after all.

BTW, I've taken down the prologue for temporary revision. I'll have the new chapters up later, so please don't delete my earlier posts.
CAT
Posted: May 30 2011, 03:35 PM

Mentat

QUOTE (TheSlicer @ May 30 2011, 08:32 PM)
QUOTE (CAT @ May 23 2011, 08:57 AM)

I'd prefer it in the fanfic section. And yes, it's meant to be rather futuristic; it's a sci-fi story after all.

BTW, I've taken down the prologue for temporary revision. I'll have the new chapters up later, so please don't delete my earlier posts.

Oh, no problem :) If you want, I can transfer both topics to the fan fiction section right now.

--------------------
QUOTE (Seer)
TheSlicer
Posted: May 31 2011, 11:19 AM

Could you do that, please? Thanks.
CAT
Posted: May 31 2011, 11:27 AM

Mentat

QUOTE (TheSlicer @ May 31 2011, 11:19 AM)
Could you do that, please? Thanks.

OK, no problem ;)

Moving...

--------------------
QUOTE (Seer)
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

This Skin was created by Blade of InkDropStyles and RevolutionEon Productions.

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.3492 seconds | Archive
2010 - 2011 Editors of It Is Written. All Rights Reserved. The views expressed by the individuals of this board and its affiliates do not necessarily express the views held by this site and its staff.