Translate this Page:

Share and Share Alike:

By: TwitterButtons.com
It Is Written, Where Creativity May Flourish

Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to It Is Written, the perfect, family-friendly home for up-and-coming writers. Here you can safely, securely, and privately share all of your work with a tight-knit community of fellow writers. Short stories, poetry, fan fiction, RPGs, constructive criticism, it's all welcomed on our site! We also offer areas to share your artwork, photography, music, and writing tips and tricks. Don't hesitate to join now and reap the rewards of being a community member!

As a guest, we hope you enjoy your visit. Since you're currently viewing our board as a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections and use many member-only features such as sharing your work, viewing others' work, customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our Community!

For technical support, or if you would like to affiliate your site with ours, please contact us at: 310down@gmail.com

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Announcements
Writing PromptNewsOur Associates
Fall is almost here! Let's express our joy for the season by sharing our Autumn poetry and artwork. The new poetry contest will begin soon... Wilderness Interface Zone,
a Nature Writing Site

The Universe Inside my Head

The Bizarre Files
Forum Rules RPG Rules
Pages: (8) « First ... 6 7 [8]  ( Go to first unread post )

Anthology, Our Characters Get Together
LiVenture17
Posted: Jul 8 2011, 11:06 PM

Gal with the Highlighter

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 2

As the bug drifted deeper into the snare, now thoroughly transfixed, Ara realised there was only one thing left to do. Morphing quickly into a bird, her shrunken body suddenly was free of the bug's grip. Darting away from the pair, she swirled in midair and transformed once again into her dragon state. Swooping back, she grasped the bug by its arm and yanked it away behind her. Rastria's hair lit the comet-like tail of the trio's arc through the sky, while the soldiers muttered curses.

"Light!" wailed the bug mournfully, then suddenly blinked and focused on Ara. "Dragon!" he panicked, wings fluttering like crazy.

~~~

Vuny hit the ground hard, landing on his back. The impact knocked the air from his lungs and threatened to snap his vertebrae. Lying there for a moment, he gasped raggedly for breath he didn't have as nausea and vertigo played ring-around-the-rosy with the black spots that flittered at the corners of his vision.

What happened? he gasped mentally. He had been summoned into the antechamber with Seer, who had proceeded to invade his head and try to convince him to bring him back. He hadn't believed Vuny - who had tricked him before - when the boy had said that he didn't know how. He had proceeded to torture. The mental clawmarks still bled in Vuny's brain. The memory of the fire in his head made him gasp in pain, air suddenly flooding his throat and inflating his lungs. Too much at once - he coughed the mote-laden air back out, turning his lungs inside out as he rolled to his side and buried his face in the sweet-smelling grass.

Grass! Vuny had closed his eyes, but they opened again almost immediately, wide and hopeful, as he felt the lush, dark green stalks, dewy against his cheek, and smelt the deep, earthy scent of ancient rain trapped in moldy dirt. And magic - he could smell the magic, a faint acrid crackle like the remnants of fire. Good Mother Moon . . .

Scrambling to his feet despite the headache pounding behind his eyes and the dizziness threatening to push him back to his knees, Vuny looked around. The forest towered over him, huge moss-covered boles of dark trees woven with lichen-hung ropes of vines, verdant underbrush spangled with a bright white lace of flowers. All around was the pulse of life - birds and will-o-the-wisps and foxes and fauns . . . and in the corners of his vison the atmosphere was sparkling with magic.

Home, he thought. The tension that had previously been threatening to snap him in two suddenly unraveled and disintegrated into pure joy as he flopped back onto the grass. "I'm HOME!" he hollered at the gray sky peeking through the treetops.

"Thank you," Seer's voice sneered, in his head and from behind him simultaneously. "I knew you'd see reason once I demonstrated that I would not be deterred. And you see? You did know how to do it - once I helped you along."

"Oh no," Vuny gasped, springing back to his feet and whirling around. Seer was standing there, looking placid and purely revelling in the magical tangents in the air. "You again."

"Surprise, surprise," Seer mouthed boredly, pulling a long, curved knife from a hidden sheath. "However, now that you've served your purpose, my dear scarred friend, I have no more need of you and will quite enjoy taking you apart. Piece by piece."

"Not on your life," Vuny growled. He had not got back on his home turf just to soak it with his life's blood.

--------------------
[marq=left]"Sometimes strength is being the last one left standing. And sometimes it's being the first to fall . . ." - Vuny[/marq]
Swiftflame
Posted: Jul 9 2011, 08:27 PM

4-Level Villain

Member No.: 10

Dao crashed back-first into what he realized was the Seer (as he'd heard him being called). They both went sprawling across the grass that had suddenly appeared. Dao, a little dazed, shook his head and scrambled away, blinking hard.

I've ended up in a forest. The humans are here and- KNIFE! His attention snapped to focus on the large knife that lay a few inches away from Seer's hand. The Seer immediately made a grab for it.

Oh no you don't, Dao thought coldly. The grass around Seer's hand turned black as intense heat welled around the hand. Seer recoiled with a snarl and a curse. Dao rolled forward and snatched the knife, flinching away and dodging as Seer lunged. Dao's feet were knocked out from under him and he gripped the knife firmly and twisted, his free hand extended to keep Seer at arm's length.

Unfortunately, Seer's arm was longer than Dao's, to his extreme anger. He dodged Dao's kicks and reached for the knife.

There was a sharp thump. Seer stiffened and then fell sideways, caught off-guard. Jason flung his rapidly found branch to one side and slammed into Seer, giving Dao time to scramble away and to his feet.

Vuny leaped and plucked the knife from Dao's hand. Dao turned on him with a snarl and Vuny backed away, raising his hand. "Whoa, whoa, calm down," he said quickly, swaying. "I don't want Seer getting this again."

"How convenient that you get it," Dao said, growling.

"He's th' least trigger-happy of us," Jason said dryly, fighting to pin Seer. "Makes sense that he'd 'ave it. Especially since THE TWO O' US ARE BUSY FIGHTING SEER HERE!" he yelled, hinting rather blatantly.

So Dao promptly pitched into the fight.

~~~

Theon, in the shape of a large black-furred wolf, sat down and watched the fight from the safety of the trees. He lifted his head and drank in the thick forest air. Interesting. This is quite the turn of events. He grinned coldly. And one that I will be sure works to my advantage. His grin widened yet more as he watched Daodan and the gunslinger slowly start overcoming Seer.

~~~

"I did not volunteer for this!" Rastria yelled half-heartedly as she half struggled against and half held onto the shoe-bug, her hair blazing like mad. She peered up at the dragon towing them away, wondering what in the realms this was going to lead to.

At least we didn't get shot, she thought grimly, then got hit with a wild wave of the shoe-bug's wing.

--------------------
user posted image
CAT
Posted: Sep 10 2011, 07:21 PM

Mentat

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Seer parried the blows dealt to him, his focused mind predicting their lunges, punches, and kicks. Occasionally a hit would go undetected and unblocked, striking his body. To top things off, he was outnumbered and losing ground. Is that? No... it can't be... but it is! Seer thought to himself. He could faintly detect the presence of Theon nearby. Looks like things just got a bit more interesting.

After blocking a knife lunge from Vuny, Seer leapt backwards from his attackers. "I'm afraid I'll have to bid you adieu, my friends," he said slyly to the trio. "But don't worry; we will meet once again soon."

With that Seer ran into the dark forest, slowly beginning to realize that his powers of precognition and telepathy were weakening.

~~~

Rastria gave up in her struggle against the shoe-bug, seeing hr fruitless efforts fail to budge his arm a single inch. They had been flying for had seemed hours, passing over dark mountains, forests, rivers, and valleys. Yet, no towns or cities could be seen, nor any ships coming and going from the planet. For a place that's supposed to be the capital of a galactic empire it's not very... developed.

Her thoughts were interrupted by Ara's words. "Looks like we have company."

Rastria followed Ara's line of sight and saw three helicopter-like vehicles begin to follow them.

OOC:

Dao's homeland is a bit unfamiliar to me, so I'll let you take the lead in description of locations//characters in the scene for the moment :P

--------------------
QUOTE (Seer)
In a world of predictability, it is the insane that give one the last glimmers of entertainment.
Swiftflame
Posted: Sep 12 2011, 12:33 AM

4-Level Villain

Member No.: 10

((Oh boy, we're in Dao's homeland. This'll be fun. XD One strange land coming right up.

Does Seer have a knowledge of French and of Earth phrases? Adieu...))

Dao rolled to his feet and took a step after Seer but stopped, looking around. There was an electric crackle running up and down his body, making the hairs on the back of his neck stand up. It wasn't unpleasant. It was sort of homely, in fact. He extended a hand, blinking, and opened and closed it.

Jason slowly straightened from a crouch and watched Seer fade into the darkness. It was dusk. After the slightly dusty smell of the desert, it was almost overwhelming to be surrounded by thick, earthy smells and enclosed spaces. He stood still for a moment, listening and still looking in the direction Seer had gone.

We cin worry 'bout him later, Jason thought. Fer now, w' cin worry 'bout where w' are.

Vuny stood up and watched Seer go, but he didn't watch for long after the alien vanished. The woods were distracting. There was magic, oh yes, magic indeed, but it wasn't quite the seem as what he'd felt throughout his life in his world. He could sense his way through the forest but it was unfamiliar to him. A nesting bird settling down with its chicks for the night, a fox staying quite a ways away and sniffing at the strange newcomers, and-

"What is that?!" Vuny yelped, stepping back in surprise.

Both Dao and Jason swung around to face him and asked, "What?"

Vuny squinted hard at the spot where he'd sensed something. He saw a shimmer of something crystalline between the trees.

All three of them shifted their weight back cautiously as a tall, slender creature stepped out of the trees. It was hard to tell in the dimness, but its form was humanoid, though it was a foot taller than Dao. Its skin and flesh was translucent, though its face had blue markings painted on. The uniform it wore blended into the forest with splotches and blurs of green.

Vuny was the first to speak. "Hi."

The creature tensed and lowered a hand toward a sword hanging at its waist. "And whom might you three be?"

~~~

Rastria gripped the shoe-bug's leg and twisted around to peer behind her. She sighed. "Oh, so now they start to show technology. Lovely! Not." She chewed her lip, trying to ignore the burning in her shoulder socket and try to think of what to do.

"If you'll excuse me," Ara said curtly, and released the shoe-bug's other arm. It immediately sagged a little in flight but managed to stay in the air. Rastria instinctively grabbed at it again at the jerk. "What are you doing?!"

"I don't like these folks. I'm going to show you what happens to folks I don't like!" Ara snarled, whipping around and shooting toward the three vehicles.

Rastria looked at the shoe-bug and pointed in the direction they'd been going. "Go that way," she said half-heartedly.

~~~

Theon watched as the Narazian entered the trio's field of vision and curled his lips back in a huge grin. Perfect! He rose to his feet and trotted into the woods, going more southward than Seer had.

Theon knew this realm. It was Darren, named after the largest known city of the Zerakite Empire. And his sister just so happened to be empress. And she resided in the city.

She'd be pleased to see her nephew had returned.

There was a sound to Theon's left. He paused for a moment and recognized the icy smell in the air. A Narazian patrol. That was where the lone recruit had come from. Theon shifted back into his human form, stumbling to a halt and taking his bearings again. Wandering off. What sort of discipline has descended during my absence? he mentally snorted, then turned and walked in the direction of the patrol.

"I am Theon Saruhiah, brother to the empress. As of now I'm your commanding officer. Attend to me," Theon said as he came into view of the patrol.

All five Narazians turned sharply as Theon made his appearance. The sergeant looked up and stood at attention, studying him. Then he saluted and nodded stiffly. "At your command, sir."

Theon inclined his head and gestured back the way he'd come. "There are two renegades in the woods, accompanying Daodan Lenard, the prince. Capture them all. I must report to the empress," he said.

The sergeant nodded. "Yes, my lord."

Theon smiled and gave a little wave as he walked away. "Have fun. They're armed and dangerous," he said cheerfully as he faded into the forest.

((Whoo, long post. I think I felt like I needed to reacquaint myself with everything.))

--------------------
user posted image
CAT
Posted: Sep 25 2011, 11:57 AM

Mentat

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

OOC: Well, I'm starting a French class so I might give Seer some French sayings and words occasionally :P

IC:

Ara darted and twisted and contorted through the air, dodging shots from the flying ships. Her scaly winds extended and she slowed her self once she reached the propellers of the first ship. A Srilak leaned out of an opened window with an electrical rod, ready to blast Ara out of the air with a lightning bolt. Ara gave a blast of fire to the guards face, temporarily blinding him, and them grabbed him out of the window with her claws and let him fall to the ground far below. She shot a stream of flames into the open window, roasting the inside of the ship, exploding the fuel tank and sending the ship crashing down in flames.

The shoe-bug circled around the group, spinning in the hair to deflect incendiary shells shot from the other ships.

Ara watched the the ship smash down into the trees below, then looked up to the other ships shooting at her and the bug. "Let's make this a little more interesting..."

~~~

Jason, Vuny, Dao, and the Narazian that was leading them walked through the forest path, a subtle trail that was hidden to those who didn't know how to find it. The path led out of the forest and into civilization.

It'd be nice to see some civilization, finally. Desert, ruins, military base, and now dark forest. There has to be some normal cities in this dimension. Vuny thought to himself, stumbling over a root that protruded from the ground.

The four of them stopped as rustling noises emanated from the forest around them. Five more Nazarians came out, surrounding them and slowly closing it.

"GAH! What could it be now?" Vuny looked suspiciously between the five guards.

--------------------
QUOTE (Seer)
In a world of predictability, it is the insane that give one the last glimmers of entertainment.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (8) « First ... 6 7 [8] 

This Skin was created by Blade of InkDropStyles and RevolutionEon Productions.

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1438 seconds | Archive
2010 - 2011 Editors of It Is Written. All Rights Reserved. The views expressed by the individuals of this board and its affiliates do not necessarily express the views held by this site and its staff.