Translate this Page:

Share and Share Alike:

By: TwitterButtons.com
It Is Written, Where Creativity May Flourish

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to It Is Written, the perfect, family-friendly home for up-and-coming writers. Here you can safely, securely, and privately share all of your work with a tight-knit community of fellow writers. Short stories, poetry, fan fiction, RPGs, constructive criticism, it's all welcomed on our site! We also offer areas to share your artwork, photography, music, and writing tips and tricks. Don't hesitate to join now and reap the rewards of being a community member!

As a guest, we hope you enjoy your visit. Since you're currently viewing our board as a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections and use many member-only features such as sharing your work, viewing others' work, customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our Community!

For technical support, or if you would like to affiliate your site with ours, please contact us at: 310down@gmail.com

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Announcements
Writing PromptNewsOur Associates
Fall is almost here! Let's express our joy for the season by sharing our Autumn poetry and artwork. The new poetry contest will begin soon... Wilderness Interface Zone,
a Nature Writing Site

The Universe Inside my Head

The Bizarre Files
Forum Rules Off-Topic Rules

Last Book You Read
CAT
Posted: Jun 21 2011, 11:39 PM

Mentat

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

What's the latest book you've read?

I just got done going through a Donald Trump book on business. It was dry, but not nearly as much as other business books and I was able to finish in two days.

Just before that I finished the fourth installment of the Dune series, God-Emperor of Dune. I hope to start the next in the series soon.

--------------------
QUOTE (Seer)
In a world of predictability, it is the insane that give one the last glimmers of entertainment.
MightyEm
Posted: Jul 28 2011, 03:21 PM

Normally Insane, and Insanely Normal

Group: Members
Member No.: 7

Wow, this poll has been abandoned! I just finished reading Hound of the Baskervilles by Arthur Conan Doyle, as a break from my usual Agatha Christie escapades. Needless to say, it was amazing. :) I would recommend it to anyone.

--------------------
*Em*
LiVenture17
Posted: Jul 28 2011, 10:16 PM

Gal with the Highlighter

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 2

HOORAY FOR SHERLOCK HOLMES!! Ah, my darling fellow Conan Doyle-Hans Zimmer-etc-etc fan, how good it is to hear from you :D Thank you for ressurrecting this thread - the last book I've read is Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. It was awesome, but I liked the climax of the movie better with Snape jumping in front of Harry, Ron and Hermoine *sigh* I'm in the middle of The Goblet of Fire and it's already proving to be amazing lol

--------------------
[marq=left]"Sometimes strength is being the last one left standing. And sometimes it's being the first to fall . . ." - Vuny[/marq]
CAT
Posted: Jul 29 2011, 03:02 PM

Mentat

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Oh hey! I thought this thread had died :P

The last book I've read was Gathering Blue by Lois Lowry. It was a bit below my normal reading level, but I still quite enjoyed the book. Both it and Messenger tie in well with The Giver, though Giver will always be my favorite from the trilogy.

--------------------
QUOTE (Seer)
In a world of predictability, it is the insane that give one the last glimmers of entertainment.
LiVenture17
Posted: Aug 3 2011, 11:56 PM

Gal with the Highlighter

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 2

@ Coty - I've never read that trilogy, though I've heard of it. Isn't that always the way, you read a trilogy or a series but there is always one book that is the best?

@ Em - Hey, today at a booksale I got the ENTIRE COLLECTION OF SHERLOCK HOLMES in two large beautiful old hardcover books with golden writing on the binding! I'm tickled pink!!

I'm in the middle of reading several books, actually. The Color of Water by James McBride is required reading for college, and then there's The Goblet of Fire and this amazing how-to-write book, The Fiction Writer's Silent Partner, easily the best purchase I've ever made XD

--------------------
[marq=left]"Sometimes strength is being the last one left standing. And sometimes it's being the first to fall . . ." - Vuny[/marq]
Kelian
Posted: Aug 27 2011, 05:38 AM

Group: Members
Member No.: 45

Last book I read was Tooth And Nail by Ian Rankin. Before that, I read IT by Stephen King, it's a brilliant book.
Tooth & Nail is messed up though.. As are some bits of IT.

--------------------
"Come and put me in the sand,
Take my soul,
I'll take your hand."
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic Options

This Skin was created by Blade of InkDropStyles and RevolutionEon Productions.

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.3757 seconds | Archive
2010 - 2011 Editors of It Is Written. All Rights Reserved. The views expressed by the individuals of this board and its affiliates do not necessarily express the views held by this site and its staff.