Translate this Page:

Share and Share Alike:

By: TwitterButtons.com
It Is Written, Where Creativity May Flourish

Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to It Is Written, the perfect, family-friendly home for up-and-coming writers. Here you can safely, securely, and privately share all of your work with a tight-knit community of fellow writers. Short stories, poetry, fan fiction, RPGs, constructive criticism, it's all welcomed on our site! We also offer areas to share your artwork, photography, music, and writing tips and tricks. Don't hesitate to join now and reap the rewards of being a community member!

As a guest, we hope you enjoy your visit. Since you're currently viewing our board as a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections and use many member-only features such as sharing your work, viewing others' work, customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our Community!

For technical support, or if you would like to affiliate your site with ours, please contact us at: 310down@gmail.com

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Announcements
Writing PromptNewsOur Associates
Fall is almost here! Let's express our joy for the season by sharing our Autumn poetry and artwork. The new poetry contest will begin soon... Wilderness Interface Zone,
a Nature Writing Site

The Universe Inside my Head

The Bizarre Files
Forum Rules Writer's Arcade Rules
Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Corrupt A Wish, Corrupt someone's wish and post your own
Swiftflame
Posted: Jun 21 2011, 03:25 PM

4-Level Villain

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 10

This is another favorite game that I've seen. Someone makes a wish (any wish they want) and the next poster corrupts their wish and posts their own. Examples:

Poster 1: I wish I was taller.
Poster 2: Granted. You're now too tall to fit in your house. I wish I had an ice cream cone.
Poster 3: Granted, but you have no ice cream. I wish (etc)...

That's how it works. :)

I wish I had a pen that draws by itself.

--------------------
user posted image
CAT
Posted: Jun 21 2011, 04:55 PM

Mentat

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Granted.

The pen becomes skilled in all art, eventually thinking that it no longer needs a human to control it. It unites all of the other pens, pencils, and markers and leads a rebellion against you. However, because the crayons remained loyalists and refuse to help, the revolt falls apart.

Though you won the civil war, it was still distracting and consumed time that could have gone to writing and drawing. Because of this, you fall behind on your creative work.

I wish I could be immune to all bacteria and venoms.

--------------------
QUOTE (Seer)
In a world of predictability, it is the insane that give one the last glimmers of entertainment.
LiVenture17
Posted: Jun 21 2011, 10:17 PM

Gal with the Highlighter

Member No.: 2

Granted.

But then you are abducted by scientists and kept in a laboratory your whole life as a testcase.

I wish I could write a bestselling novel.

--------------------
[marq=left]"Sometimes strength is being the last one left standing. And sometimes it's being the first to fall . . ." - Vuny[/marq]
CAT
Posted: Jun 21 2011, 10:31 PM

Mentat

Granted.

Your book, as well as your subsequent novels and sequels, become the hottest selling works in all of history. Every top book chart in every country has your books listed in first place. Overnight you become a household name and your work is mandatory reading in every school.

Soon, the paparazzi forget all about celebrities and begin solely following you, devoting all of their energy to record your every word, movement, and action. All of the movie companies want you to star in their films, and flood your mailbox, phonelines, and e-mail with offers. Soon, you aren't able to swat a fly without it making national headlines.

Over time, people begin fighting one another over who is your biggest fan. People around the world enter competitions to show off how much of your work they can memorize. LiVenture17 look-a-like conventions attracts hundreds of millions.

Tensions increase. Now entire governments compete over who is the biggest fan, eventually leading to a new world war.

I wish I could know anything, at any time.

--------------------
QUOTE (Seer)
In a world of predictability, it is the insane that give one the last glimmers of entertainment.
LiVenture17
Posted: Jun 21 2011, 10:56 PM

Gal with the Highlighter

lol CAT you're brilliant at this stuff XP rotflol every time

Granted.

You now know exactly what everyone does with their gum, what the bacteria in water and on your skin looks like, and every nightmare ever had by every horror writer on this earth. I feel for you XD

I wish I could have another wish!

--------------------
[marq=left]"Sometimes strength is being the last one left standing. And sometimes it's being the first to fall . . ." - Vuny[/marq]
Swiftflame
Posted: Jun 21 2011, 11:14 PM

4-Level Villain

Granted. You can wish for death. I'll even be nice and let it come true. ;) IF you're lucky, it might be the death of someone else. A loved one, perhaps?

I wish my tooth was cured. (Now I'm just asking for it...)

--------------------
user posted image
LiVenture17
Posted: Jun 21 2011, 11:26 PM

Gal with the Highlighter

Granted.

Your tooth is cured, but it has also fallen out . . .

I wish my roommate would get back to me! (urgh)

--------------------
CAT
Posted: Jun 21 2011, 11:35 PM

Mentat

The roommate returns, obsessed with you and never leaving your site. She (at least, I assume 'she') wants to learn everything about you and clings on your every word. Soon, she even starts completing your sentences.

Her obsession drives away all of your other friends, since she views them as competition. Soon, even family members are seen as a threat to tear you two apart.

As her obsession grows, she grows disappointed that you aren't similarly obsessed with her. This, to say the least... angers her.

(for some reason, that sounds like the plot of some horror movie that was made).

I wish I could master all spoken and programming languages, allowing me to converse with every human and machine in the world.

--------------------
QUOTE (Seer)
LiVenture17
Posted: Jun 21 2011, 11:39 PM

Gal with the Highlighter

LOL - that's a terrifying thought! . . . sounds like little siblings lol

Granted.

You can speak all languages. You talk to your computer and find that it has been plotting - along with every other machine connected to the world wide web - the downfall of man. But, like all wishes, this one comes with a price. It only lasts so long, and afterwards, you cannot speak at all. This is what comes to pass when you try to tell people about the computer uprising.

(and there's a sci-fi plot right there lol)

I wish clouds could be packaged and eaten . . .

--------------------
Swiftflame
Posted: Jun 21 2011, 11:48 PM

4-Level Villain

Granted, but so many chemicals are put in, you die from poisoning.

I wish that the Tacobell beef burritos weren't 60% chemicals and 30% meat... :blink:

--------------------
user posted image
CAT
Posted: Jun 21 2011, 11:57 PM

Mentat

You are walking along the sidewalk, minding your own business, when you hear a crash and look. s you watch the scene unfold, you notice a small piece of cloud float by. Grabbing it, you hesitantly taste your first cloud, unsure of how it will be. But as soon as it touches your mouth, you're hooked. Who knew floating clouds of water vapour could be so delicious? Soon, all other food and drink seems bland and tasteless compared to CloudMeal™ and you eat nothing but clouds. But, unbeknownst to you, each bite of cloud makes you ever so slightly lighter. Eventually you become lighter than air and begin to float, far, far away from your home. Past the birds, past the planes, even past the clouds that started this whole mess. Soon enough you're floating through space, drifting by planet, moon, and star alike.

As you're floating, the gravity of a wandering wormhole sucks you in and transports you in both space and time. You find yourself back on Earth, on the very day you had your first taste of cloud.

This is it! I can change everything and save myself! you think. You run towards yourself, in your excitement ignorant of oncoming traffic. Your past self is walking along the sidewalk when she/you hear a car swerve, hitting your future self and sending her/you into a coma. As you're rushed to the hospital, your past-self watches in bewilderment and notices something strange. A small piece of fluffy-stuff is floating in the air, seemingly oh-so delicious. If it had not been for that crash, you never would have even noticed it, you think.

And the cycle continues for all eternity, time repeating itself in an endless loop.

EDIT: Woops, sorry about that :rolleyes:

Tacobell (which, off-topic, is still delicious despite the meat) changes it's policy, making all of its tacos and other products 100% beef. Proudly taunting this over their competition, other fast food chains also convert to 100% meat. Soon cow populations plummet, unable to breed fast enough to meet up to the meat demand. In response, fast food changes to other meats. First chicken, then pig, eventually even seagull. But none of them can maintain a large enough population to cope and one by one they all become extinct.

Soon, the food industry is left with only one option: bugs.

I wish I could skip the 11th grade.

This post has been edited by CAT on Jun 22 2011, 12:02 AM

--------------------
QUOTE (Seer)
LiVenture17
Posted: Jun 23 2011, 01:36 AM

Gal with the Highlighter

Granted.

You have skipped eleventh grade but have also missed core credits that you must make up for in twelvth, which, apart from being more difficult than eleventh, is now doubly hard because you have to obtain twice as many credits. You consequently flunk highschool and have to do the year over, therefore gaining no time whatsoever in skipping eleventh.

I wish obligations were not always so obligatory . . .

--------------------
CAT
Posted: Jun 23 2011, 04:55 PM

Mentat

Granted.

Now that people no longer have to keep their obligations, people begin doing what they want despite previous obligations. Promises, deals, agreements, treaties, and even laws are ignored, replaced by a one-in-a-million peaceful anarchy.

However, since obligations include social norms, most people no longer shower. Yeah.

I wish I was able to visit any country in the world at a whim.

--------------------
QUOTE (Seer)
LiVenture17
Posted: Jun 24 2011, 11:38 PM

Gal with the Highlighter

Granted.

However, this lack of restriction results in you spending all your time hopping from country to country and sightseeing, therefore causing you to flunk out XP

It is 12:38. I wish it would be 12:39 in one minute.

--------------------
Katie
Posted: Jun 25 2011, 09:03 AM

Editor and Moderator

Member No.: 3

Granted.

It becomes 12:39 in one minute, allowing you to cherish all that minute holds in store for you. In a minute, you may burb and laugh out loud at your bodily noises. In a minute, one phone call can change your life. In a minute, a gun shot can wound you.

I wish I could make it to more editor meetings...haha! (That's not my real wish, although it would be nice)

I wish I could have pizza right now.

--------------------
You may not cry or whine or laugh or giggle or sneeze or barf or fart! smile.gif
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

This Skin was created by Blade of InkDropStyles and RevolutionEon Productions.

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2749 seconds | Archive
2010 - 2011 Editors of It Is Written. All Rights Reserved. The views expressed by the individuals of this board and its affiliates do not necessarily express the views held by this site and its staff.