Welcome to Interitus
Interitus is an original post-invasion, sci-fi/fantasy RPG with no word count.

We Have Moved! Interitusrp.com

Currently Accepting Original and Canon Characters

Current Active Characters
STATISTICS M F
HUMAN 27 20
ADVENI 14 07
TOTALS 41 27

Time Stamp

Listed At:

RPG-D

The RPG Collection

Affiliated With:

The Road North Olympians Birthright Ardus RPGfix redcarpet&&rebellion.

Skin and Graphics by Chele of RPG-D

Coding help by kismet, Revo. and Lint Roller of RPG-D

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Welcome & Information
City of Adlai
A city of 3 million, Adlai is situated in the north west of the United States, about 200 miles from the west coast.
-------

Date:
October 2014

Weather:
40-45's | Heavy Rain | Windy

• Welcome
  • Updates
  • Staff
  • Twitter

Interitus has moved!

We've moved hosts, join us on our new site!

Interitusrp.com

Interitus Latest

-- Interview with spotlight winner Keiran Zanetti
-- New Site wide plot involving a new Sect, The Seven Sins. Find out how to get involved!
-- General Site Updates 14/05/12 here

Broadcasts
Find out the latest IC news with our radio broadcasts.
Latest: Two Adveni murdered.

Stubborn is as Stubborn Does, tag: Reese
Carter Davidson
Posted: Oct 27 2011, 05:11 AM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Group: Inactive
Member No.: 10

12th August 2014
Afternoon

Carter hesitated on the threshold of the subway car for a moment before entering. Ranger bounded over and Carter reached down to scratch his head idly, slightly distracted at the moment. Reese was sitting on the old, ratty couch, reading something, and probably a lot more cheerful than she would be once he told her. But he had no choice. Carter set his shoulders and moved forward.

They had to see a doctor. She was two months pregnant, she'd said so herself, they couldn't wait any longer for a check-up! He knew she didn't like bothering the doctors she worked with, but they had the same right to medical attention as anyone else. Besides, shouldn't being an AI member have some benefits? But yeah, he was pretty sure she wasn't going to be happy with him when he told her he'd made an appointment. He'd made the appointment yesterday, but hadn't told her yet because he'd been afraid she'd cancel it.

Since it was in about forty-five minutes, he was pretty sure she wouldn't have time to cancel it now, and she'd probably feel worse about skipping an appointment then actually having an appointment. Yeah, Carter was a bad guy.

"Hey," he said, sitting down next to her on the couch. He grinned at her. "So...don't hate me, but we need to head over to the AI doctors in a few minutes." yeah, he was probably going to get cold leftovers for dinner tonight. Carter would've give himself one.

--------------------
user posted image
Reese Tayes
Posted: Oct 28 2011, 03:52 AM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 8

It had been a long day around the tunnels. She had cooked breakfast for about fifty people in one of the kitchen cars, which was an exhausting event in itself, and then she had spent the rest of the day making care packages that were going to be distributed to the homeless in the camps. Technically, all the members of AI were sorta homeless, but they made do with their train cars. Her and Carter’s car was rather well-stocked with furniture and other stuff compared to some of the others’ homes.

After she had finished work, she had headed by the makeshift library to grab a few books and then went home, Ranger in tow. She settled down on the couch to read the first of the two expectant mother books she had nabbed, trying to be discreet. The less people who knew right now, the better; she didn’t want people talking about her, and she wasn’t looking forward to the comments that she was taking up more resources and that another kid would be a burden and yada yada yada. She was probably going to smack the first person who said a negative thing about her kid, so might as well put it off.

She lifted her head as she heard the door open, and immediately Ranger jumped off the couch, where he had been sprawled beside her, and pounced on Carter. Reese grinned at him, automatically happy he was home. She put the book down and noticed a slight movement of his shoulders, as if he had made a definitive decision. Huh.

When he sat down, she curled up against him, grabbing his arm and pulling it around her. A few seconds later though, she whipped her head to look at him, glaring. “What? Why?”

--------------------
user posted image
Carter Davidson
Posted: Oct 28 2011, 04:33 AM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

When she curled up against him, Carter wished he could just pull her in, kiss her forehead and tease her about whatever she was reading. He glanced over and his eyes widened. Oh, speaking of babies…”Getting some research done?” he asked with a grin, briefly ignoring the why. Putting off the anger. He really, really hoped she wasn’t going to be too upset with him. After all, they did have to see a doctor eventually, why not now?

But she’d probably be more annoyed with him if he kept avoiding her question after saying something like that. He looked at her. “Well, I’ve been thinking,” he said, “about what I’ve heard about babies and everything. And while I haven’t checked out any books yet…” which he really should do, probably, he needed to be ready for his kid, “I’m pretty sure parents start seeing doctors as soon as they know they’re going to have a baby.” It’d only been a few days since he’d known, but still, Reese was several months pregnant, a lot of people found out earlier.

Ok, so finally, the punch. “So, well, I got us a doctor’s appointment. You know, just one of those check-up ones.” It didn’t really sound so bad, he thought. Not like that; it couldn’t be too difficult a thing for a doctor to do, right? So Reese maybe wouldn’t feel like she was bothering them. Besides, he’d asked for her, so she could put all the blame on him if she wanted. He would be fine with that, he just wanted confirmation from a doctor that everything was going okay in there.

--------------------
user posted image
Reese Tayes
Posted: Oct 29 2011, 02:53 AM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

No, dang it, he was avoiding the question. That was never good. That meant either something was wrong him and she was going to worry, or this doctor’s visit was about her, and she was going to be annoyed. “Yeah, I am,” she answered shortly, her eyes searching his face. He had better answer her rather than hedging, she hated hedging. It aggravated her to no end, and he knew it. She sat up and scooted away from him a bit, expecting an answer.

Reese listened to his explanation, not knowing whether to feel touched or irritated or amused. It was easy to tell that the worrying was starting already; it had been one of her reasons for considering putting off telling him. Carter worried about her more than any sane person should, and now that she was carrying their kid, that worry would probably only grow to ridiculous proportions. Hopefully he hadn’t thought about the declining state of health care or anything like that. She crossed her arms, irritated. The book had said she needed to see a doctor soonish, but she didn’t think it had to be this soon. And besides, everyone was really busy and she was reading this book, and she didn’t need to pester them right now.

Especially because the first check-up was supposed to be the longest one, or that’s what the book said. And she didn’t want to be poked and prodded and face the inquisition this evening, and it wasn’t fair that Carter hadn’t asked her first. “It’s going to be long, and why didn’t you ask me first?”

--------------------
user posted image
Carter Davidson
Posted: Oct 29 2011, 05:32 PM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Oh. He probably looked blank-faced for a moment, stumped by what Reese had just said. Carter had thought a short check-up, at this stage of pregnancy, would be a quick one. Just looking over Reese and saying everything was okay. Now that he thought about it, he realized how stupid that was. Of course it would be long since it was the first time; they didn’t have any previous notes to check against, so they would have to find out everything about Reese and the baby. He wished he had thought to ask the doctor how long it was going to take.

“I’m sorry,” he said, his gut churning. Apparently he’d misjudged. She wasn’t annoyed about bothering doctors, she was annoyed he hadn’t asked her about making the appointment. Which was probably worse, because that was sort of a valid thing for her to be mad at him about. “I didn’t know it would be long, and…well, I was afraid you’d refuse to go. I thought if I already made the appointment you wouldn’t back out.” He had just wanted to know everything was okay, he hadn’t wanted to wait to know, but now he realized he’d just been selfish again.

He shoved his hand through his hair and then looked at Reese. Maybe he should offer to go cancel the appointment for her at this point, but he still really wanted her to go. Even if he had gone about this the wrong way and would have to make it up to her later. “I just…would you mind going?”

--------------------
user posted image
Reese Tayes
Posted: Oct 30 2011, 09:22 PM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Reese was a little put out with Carter. She was glad he cared enough about her and the baby to go over her head and make an appointment for her, but she was aggravated that he hadn’t even asked her first. Yeah, she might have told him to wait a little while longer, that it didn’t have to happen right this moment, but he still could have asked. “No one said I was going to back out,” Reese said. She could feel her temper flaring up as it usually did when she wasn’t allowed to have a say in things concerning herself. Carter was overprotective, and they both accepted that, but this was a little excessive. He knew she didn’t like him hovering that way.

Slipping out from under his arm, she gave a short, sharp little nod. “Yeah, I’ll go,” she said before moving toward the little area that served as their bedroom, “I just wish you’d asked me first.” Ranger got up and followed her, probably sensing her annoyance and momentarily shifting alliance from Carter to her. She slipped into their bedroom and changed quickly out of her comfy at-home clothes into a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. She noticed that although she didn’t have a bump yet, her jeans and shirt fit a bit more snuggly. Okay, so maybe making an appointment with a doctor wasn’t the most horrible thing he could have done, but she would have liked some say! It was aggravating…and she was going to be annoying them early. They had more important things to deal with than a woman who’d gotten irresponsibly pregnant, and some would see it that way. She was going to hate that…

Walking into the living area again, she put her hair up in a quick, messy ponytail and headed to the front door. Ranger followed, padding along behind her. “Coming?” Reese asked, one hand on the door, glancing back at Carter. He had to be feeling guilty by now, and she felt sort of bad about that, but her annoyance made it easier for her to ignore how he must have felt.

--------------------
user posted image
Carter Davidson
Posted: Nov 3 2011, 05:54 AM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Carter watched her move away from him, a sinking feeling in his stomach. She was definitely pissed. Or at the least, unhappy. He'd done that thing he'd been warned against but had forgotten about--making decisions without consulting her. He knew he should have talked to her, but in his worry, all he could think about was how much she avoided seeing the doctors at all. After all, she hadn't yet mentioned any visits, and they had to go eventually.

He waited on the couch, knowing she wouldn't want to talk while she was irritated. Carter sighed as Ranger abandoned him. He was glad the dog had such loyalty to Reese, but some fellow male support, even if Ranger was a dog, would have been nice. Guys needed to stick together.

When she walked back towards their main living area, Reese didn't look at him, just walked right past him. Wow, she was angrier than Carter could have even guessed possible. He was definitely starting to feel the guilt, although he was a bit annoyed too. What was so wrong about wanting to make sure the baby was okay, or scheduling an appointment? She had this evening free, it was as good a time as any, and it wasn't the worst thing in the world Carter could have done.

So when Reese asked if he was coming, he stood up, because he did desperately want to come and find out how everything was going, but...he couldn't help his response. "Only if you want me to."

--------------------
user posted image
Reese Tayes
Posted: Nov 13 2011, 05:22 AM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

“Well, yeah, you’re the one who made the appointment, so you should probably come,” Reese snapped, opening the door and heading out. Anger made her cheeks hot as she stepped into the coolness of the tunnel. Really, she shouldn’t have been so aggravated, but it wasn’t fair for him to just decide things for her like that. She had thought that their relationship was built better than that, that he would talk to her before just signing her up for a doctor’s appointment. Maybe she had wanted to go to a specific doctor, or maybe she wouldn’t want to go tonight, or a bunch of other options.

Ranger followed Reese out the door, his tail wagging at the prospect of going for a walk with both of his owners. Reese just expected Carter to come as well, and really it was his choice. If he still wanted to come, good. She actually did want him there, and it wouldn’t be right if he didn’t come…she would prefer if he was there with her for this part.

Then again, she was a bit ticked, and maybe it would be best if she had time to cool off and feel guilty about snapping at him. Or maybe they should just plow through the rough patch and hope for the best. And it really was his fault that she was mad at him. If he just asked her instead of assuming…grr… She walked on at a good clip, heading for the Hospital Train.

--------------------
user posted image
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2422 seconds | Archive