Welcome to Interitus
Interitus is an original post-invasion, sci-fi/fantasy RPG with no word count.

We Have Moved! Interitusrp.com

Currently Accepting Original and Canon Characters

Current Active Characters
STATISTICS M F
HUMAN 27 20
ADVENI 14 07
TOTALS 41 27

Time Stamp

Listed At:

RPG-D

The RPG Collection

Affiliated With:

The Road North Olympians Birthright Ardus RPGfix redcarpet&&rebellion.

Skin and Graphics by Chele of RPG-D

Coding help by kismet, Revo. and Lint Roller of RPG-D

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Welcome & Information
City of Adlai
A city of 3 million, Adlai is situated in the north west of the United States, about 200 miles from the west coast.
-------

Date:
October 2014

Weather:
40-45's | Heavy Rain | Windy

• Welcome
  • Updates
  • Staff
  • Twitter

Interitus has moved!

We've moved hosts, join us on our new site!

Interitusrp.com

Interitus Latest

-- Interview with spotlight winner Keiran Zanetti
-- New Site wide plot involving a new Sect, The Seven Sins. Find out how to get involved!
-- General Site Updates 14/05/12 here

Broadcasts
Find out the latest IC news with our radio broadcasts.
Latest: Two Adveni murdered.

Checking In, Tag: Georgianna Lennox
Reese Tayes
Posted: Oct 5 2011, 05:50 PM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Group: Inactive
Member No.: 8

8th August 2014
Mid Afternoon

Reese held tight to the small grocery bag wrapped around her wrist. She had been certain the rumors weren’t true, and she had snapped at a few gossips who had been determined to spread them. There was no way that Georgianna Lennox was in the Hospital Train as a patient instead of a doctor, and it certainly wasn’t because she had been beaten up and abused by…well, no one was quite certain, but Reese had nearly punched Taylor Price for saying George had been selling herself to Adveni and had finally gotten punished for it. Reese had settled for telling her off soundly and heading to the Hospital Train to put the rumors to rest herself.

Just in case there was some truth to them, she had brought the bag and a small meal along with her. It wasn’t much, just a bit of chicken and mashed red skin potatoes, but it was well seasoned. She had been extra careful with the herbs Jacob had brought her, and they were still holding out to make meals more tolerable. If George wasn’t here, she would just leave the meal for one of the other doctors or maybe Val, if he was around. And George couldn’t be here, at least not in the way she had heard others describe. The last time she had seen the other woman, they had been goofing off and breaking into a library. Reese had gotten a couple good novels for herself and the AI out of that trip, and Ranger had gotten a new chew toy in the form of a Twilight novel. It was a messed up world, but surely things couldn’t have gone so wrong for George in the week or so since then…of course, a week ago, Reese hadn’t been so certain of being pregnant…ok, things could change quickly around here.

She let herself into the Hospital Train and bypassed the front desk. She preferred to find George on her own… Peeking into a few of the siderooms, she finally found one with a blond, familiar occupant, though George wasn’t looking her way. Oh no…so it was true. Maybe it wasn't as bad as the gossips She knocked on the doorframe and smiled a bit. “I brought dinner.”

--------------------
user posted image
Georgianna Lennox
Posted: Oct 6 2011, 09:35 AM

Chele
Group Icon

Group: Registered Human
Member No.: 37

Georgianna knew people had been talking about her, they weren’t even that smart about keeping it away from her. They whispered at the other end of the hospital train, talking behind nothing more than a hanging partition. She knew the rumours about her, knew that some of them thought she deserved what had happened to her, even though they didn’t really know what had happened to her. As always, gossip spread without facts, and never cared to find out the truth. The story was always better than the truth.

Curling up on the bed, Georgianna stared at the wall, grateful of the quiet for the time being. There weren’t many patients in the hospital car and at the moment, they were so quiet that Georgianna could only assume they were all asleep.

A little earlier, a young man had come in, looking absolutely terrified as he approached her. For a few moments, Georgianna assumed he had heard the rumours about her and had been assigned her against his will, but then, when he fumbled and apologised three times for not being able to open a new bandage, she asked him if he was new to the A.I and he finally admitted that he wasn’t a doctor, he hadn’t even been helping out until a few days before. Georgianna calmly talked him through how to wrap the bandage around her cuts so it wouldn’t fall loose. The boy, who explained that his name was Jacob, was actually quite sweet, and turned out to be a quick learner. Georgianna promised that as soon as she was feeling more up to it, she’d help him learn a little more.

Glancing over at Reese in the doorway, Georgianna pushed herself up to sitting and turned toward her a little, plastering a big smile on her face. Reese was everywhere, always was, there was no way she hadn’t heard the rumours. Maybe, if she just acted like it was all a joke, Reese would believe her that it was, that she was fine.

“Hi Reese!” she beamed. “All I needed to do to get home delivered meals was start living in the Hospital train? I should talk to Val about making this permanent.”

--------------------
user posted image
Biography | 26 | Doctor / Barmaid | Plot Page
Reese Tayes
Posted: Oct 10 2011, 02:10 AM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

“One time occurrence,” Reese said as she stepped into the room. It felt incredibly weird to see George in a hospital bed instead of standing beside it, joking around with a patient that needed a good laugh or tending to someone’s needs. It didn’t sit right with her, and she didn’t particularly like it… But she still wasn’t buying half of the rumors that had been flitting around the tunnels. Most A.I. people weren’t gossips, but there were a few who were exasperatingly excited about any bit of news they could exaggerate and spread around. Reese thought they were a group of bored busybodies that would do better finding something useful to do with themselves. If they kept shooting their mouths off that way, she was going to find them something to do, like scrubbing pans and pots in her kitchen.

“See, if I delivered meals to everyone, there’d be this slew of self-inflicted injuries, and who really needs that,” Reese said with a nonchalant smirk and a half-smile. She walked over and set the bag down on the table before looking at George. She didn’t want to stare and make her friend uncomfortable, and she didn’t want to ask the wrong questions, but she didn’t want to just run off rumors, either. “So I’m only allowed to bring one meal, but for you, I might make an exception.”

She unpacked the little bag and set the small meal on the bedside table. “It’s not much, but it’s warm still,” she said, nudging it toward George. Glancing around the room, she thought about how she should’ve brought Ranger with her inside. He was sitting out in front of the Hospital Train, having been banished there by one of the nurses who was allergic to dogs. Still, he might’ve perked George up; he was usually very happy to see the blond lady.

“So…how’re you?” Lame. Totally lame, but it was the only really question to ask, and at least it wasn’t a blunt and rude, ‘What the heck happened!?’ She hoped George knew she was sincere in her concern; she didn’t want her to think she was just a gossip-monger.

--------------------
user posted image
Georgianna Lennox
Posted: Oct 10 2011, 12:26 PM

Chele
Group Icon

Georgianna crossed her arms across her chest and pouted deeply at Reese. How mean! Bring her meals and then say it was only a one time thing? That was just cruel! Like giving a present, letting you open it, and then take it away again. However, her indignation was quelled slightly as Reese decided there would be a number of self inflicted injuries if she began delivering food to patients all the time. Georgianna's pout turned thoughtful as she gazed up through her eyelashes, before she shrugged, rolled her eyes, and uncrossed her arms, grinning back at Reese.

"Oh alright, I suppose I can let you off if it'll stop people hammering nails through their hands," she complained in a mock hurt voice.

Bringing her legs up, Georgianna crossed them and picked up one of the tubs, resting it inbetween her legs and prying off the lid. The steam wafted instantly upward, blanketing Georgianna's senses and making her almost groan appreciatively. When everything that had happened had finally come out, Georgianna had been put on a minimum diet, not wanting to overload her body like starvation victims often did. The smell of real food, good food, was sensational!

Georgianna grabbed a fork and stabbed it viciously into the meal, bringing up more than enough mashed potato to fill her mouth. She didn't much care for looking like a lady at the moment, she just wanted the food.

Chewing quickly and swallowing, Georgianna looked at Reese and shrugged.

"I was carried across town in the arms of an Adveni!" she answered with a playful swooning smile. "Val brought me in here because he thinks I've gone mad! The others are all making up rumours in the hope I'll snap and tell them how good the sex with a Compound Guard was."

Georgianna rolled her eyes and shoved another forkfull of potatoes into her mouth, leaning forward and glaring through the gap in the hangings separating her from the rest of the car. In the corner, one of the nurses quickly jolted herself away from staring in their direction and began reoganising the bandages.

Swallowing, Georgianna looked back at Reese and frowned at the worried look on her face. Pouting a little, Georgianna used the side of the fork to cut off a piece of chicken.

"Come on, Reese, out with it," she scolded cheerfully. "What are the rumours saying now? Last I heard, I'd offered sex to a guard in exchange for a prisoner freed and it turned into a free for all."

Knowing that people thought that about her was horrifying, but Georgianna was not the type of woman to crumple and hide from everyone. The more she hid away, the worse the rumours would get. The only way to get past all this was to either tell them exactly what happened in all the soul breaking details, or to get back on her feet as soon as possible so they figured all that horrible stuff they'd heard was just rumours. No girl who looked as happy as Georgianna Lennox did could have gone through all that, right? And Georgianna didn't want them knowing what she'd been though.

--------------------
user posted image
Reese Tayes
Posted: Oct 12 2011, 07:01 AM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

“Yeah, the docs around here tend to get pissed if that thing becomes too common,” Reese said with a fake exasperated sigh, as if hand-nailing was common. Meeting trauma with humor was a good coping mechanism, and she knew George loved to goof off and tease and joke. But…if she didn’t want to joke, Reese was still going to be here for her. She didn’t bail on friends, especially when they really needed her, and it looked like Georgianna could use a good friend right now.

Reese glanced around the room, smiling at bit as it looked like George was enjoying her food. Hmm, yet another at least satisfying meal. She walked over and sat down on the edge of the bed, thinking about how hospital beds made her uncomfortable and wondering if George felt the same way.

Georgianna was a doctor, so she was technically in the hospital more than Reese but usually not as the patient as far as Reese knew. Reese pulled her legs up onto the bed and sat cross-legged, glancing at her friend. “Don’t scarf it,” she said with a smirk, “It lasts longer if you eat slower.”

Her eyebrows raised at George’s joke. Or was that the truth? So hard to tell...

“Sounds…exciting,” she said, one eyebrow lifting higher than the other. An Adveni? Was she delirious? She must’ve been delirious, why would an Adveni have carried her here… “And Val didn’t say anything about you going mad.” Granted, she hadn’t spoken to him yet, but still…

She followed George’s glare to the gap in the hangings and frowned. Hospital Train folks should know better; they dealt with some of the worst cases of abuse and pain in the entire city, and George was like one of their own. She wanted to grab George’s pillow and hurl it at the busybody. How rude…

“It’s worse, now,” she said, trying to keep George’s light heart about the matter even though she was now able to see her friend’s bruises and cuts for herself. She looked poorly, but the smile she had plastered on was distracting. But George had a habit of disguising her thoughts with that smile. “Apparently you presented yourself to a group of Volsonnae on the behalf of the human race, and it didn’t end so well.” She frowned a bit.

“But I’m not sure how true that is, either.”

--------------------
user posted image
Georgianna Lennox
Posted: Oct 12 2011, 05:18 PM

Chele
Group Icon

Georgianna looked down at the food in the tub cradled between her legs and then, with a piece of chicken still attached to the prongs, she waved the fork teasingly at Reese.

"Chewing is for wimps!" she assured Reese happily before popping the chicken into her mouth, making a big show of pretending not to chew the chicken before swallowing. "Plus, you take your time over food you don't need nor enjoy. Food is like sex, if it's good enough, you can't take your time, it's 'give me as much as and as fast as you can'."

Not all good sex was rushed though, and Georgianna knew better than most that when it wasn't, you wanted it done with as fast as possible. She had spent the entire time with Chow wishing that it would be over with already, that he would get what he wanted so that he would leave her alone. Bad food, like bad sex, seemed to always last far too long.

"And even if I didn't know better, which I do, because you know, I was there, I'd still say that Volsonne story is crap!" She exclaimed adage carved another mouthful of potatoes out of the pile. "I mean, come on, the Volsonnae ain't gonna get a better specimen of human than me. They would have made me their newest and best Cinyty."

Despite the joke, despite the fact that she knew that Cinyty had a completely different meaning to Olcinyty, she couldn't held the sting of pain even part of the word send panting through her body, the twitching shudder that ran down her spine. Quickly shoving a mouthful of potatoes into her mouth, Georgianna rearranged her position, this time a little further away from Reese. She loved the woman dearly, she was a great friend, but she didn't want anyone touching her.

"You'd think people would think through their absurd tumours before spreading them, at least give them a little credibility. Beaten into submission so that you'd become a top notch whore for a psychopathic brothel owner, now that story makes sense."

Georgianna kept her gaze down on the food in her lap despite the almost flawless smile forced upon her face as she cut off another piece of chicken. It was just another rumour, that was all. It wasn't the truth, Chow wasn't the truth, it was another rumour, another story for gossip starved idiots to spread around. Osiris was a fantasy, Surreal a figment of the imagination, Chase a story she once heard, and Chow a nightmare that couldn't possibly come true.

Just another stupid rumour.

--------------------
user posted image
Reese Tayes
Posted: Oct 12 2011, 06:28 PM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

“Yeah, chewing, it’s a bad thing,” Reese said, rolling her eyes, “Appreciating the flavor, what a horrible idea!” Reese smirked at George’s analogy. Hmm, some of that was true, but sometimes it was all the sweeter when you took your time. She knew that from experience with Carter. Of course, not everyone was lucky enough to have someone like Carter. A lot of girls were in relationships where it was mostly physical; with her and Carter, it was sort of like they had just melted together into a complete person, as sappy as that was. They connected on all levels, both physical and mental, and he was…well, Carter was perfect. She felt bad for other women, but there was no way she was ever going to share Carter. Ever.

Reese didn’t see how Georgianna could joke so easily about whatever had really happened to her. Reese was quite schooled in the ability to slap on a happy face. Back home in the South, it was how you dealt with everything. Just put on a smile and whenever anyone asked you how you were doing, you always replied: “I’m fine, how’re you?” because it was almost rude to say anything other that ‘fine.’ Everyone was fine, just fine, and in actuality, they were covering up abuse, pain, lack of confidence, debt, all sorts of things that would be inappropriate to talk about since everyone was supposed to be all cheery all the time. Reese wanted to be real; she didn’t want Georgianna to feel like she had to slap a smile on. She wasn’t sure she wanted George to divulge everything she had gone through, either…Reese wasn’t sure she could stand hearing what had happened to her friend.

“I didn’t say I believed it,” Reese said with a bit of a smirk, “Though I didn’t insist the Volsonnae would keep you, either. Sorry, chica.”

She glanced away as George visibly twitched, moving away from her. In response, Reese stood up and walked over to the wall, pretending fascination with the wall art made by the AI kids. She didn’t want to make George uncomfortable and if she had been through anything that the rumors suggested, she might not be so keen on having people close. Reese didn’t completely understand since she had never been through it, but she had heard from women who had come to the AI who had the experience who just need to talk to someone. She couldn’t imagine…

Reese turned back toward George, her arms crossed over her chest for comfort. Now that…there was something about the way George had said it that made it sound less like a rumor and more like the truth, even if it did sound incredulous. But things were so messed up nowadays…why couldn’t it be true? But the idea of it happening to George was horrifying…

“Sounds a little far-fetched,” Reese said, “…isn’t it?” She looked at her friend, not wanting to push the subject. If she needed to drop it, she would. Reese wasn’t going to bring up those painful memories if George wasn’t ready or didn’t want to talk about it.

--------------------
user posted image
Georgianna Lennox
Posted: Oct 13 2011, 03:14 PM

Chele
Group Icon

No matter what had been happening in her life, Georgianna had always felt safe in the Hospital... comfortable. Everything was always so clean, so easily washable. You could be stabbed; blood pouring out, and they would fix you up, mop up the blood, and apart from the pain, everything would be all tidy and clean before you knew it.

It was a nice thought, that the mess in life could be cleaned up so easily. If it wasn't for the pain, for the scars, you wouldn't know anything had happened in the first place. Georgianna found it calming that things could be cleaned up, that your pain was your body's reminder, that everyone else would quickly forget. A new injury would come in, and their attention would shift. Pain killers could numb your own pain, and scars could be hidden. It was a nice thought to hide in.

"Well, as long as you know I'm good enough for Volsonnes now, I'll forgive you this one slip up," she chastised with a thoughtful nod.

The vegetables, so far untouched, were speared with a ferociousness not often seen in a hospital. Everything was done carefully in hospitals, precision needed at it's best, but Georgianna made the move fast and hard, the ends of the fork tapping the bottom of the tub. How she wanted to do that to Chow with a large knife, straight through his groin. That man would be physical Zsraykil!

"If someone told you, three years ago, that you'd be living in a subway tunnel with Amnesty International, that aliens had been living amongst us and they were going to take over the planet... would you have called that far fetched?" she asked, lifting her head to look over at Reese.

"Personally, I would have called it fucking lunacy," she continued with a shake of her head, hair swishing over her shoulders and across her face. "And yet, here we are, in a hospital that used to carry sweaty businessmen to work every day."

Georgianna shrugged and shoved the fork into her mouth, clenching her teeth down and withdrawing the fork, leaving the carrots on her tongue.

"I didn't ask for these injuries," she mumbled suddenly. "Not from any compound guard nor Volsonne! Why is that what is far fetched to those fucking gossips?"

--------------------
user posted image
Reese Tayes
Posted: Oct 20 2011, 05:28 AM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Reese never knew what to do in situations where someone was said to need comfort or support or things like that. She fumbled through the words, felt a little awkward and tried not to make it worse. All she knew to do was be there for them, to show that she was still here and wasn’t going to desert them.

She wanted to be here for George, but she felt like she was sticking her foot in her mouth half of the time. Her mom would’ve known what to do. Heck, her older sister would have too. They had always been the comforters and nurturers in their family. Reese was more likely to slap food on your plate and show love through actions, not words.

“Okay, you’re speaking truth,” Reese said, nodding. It was true. She wouldn’t have believed anyone who told her beforehand that aliens were coming to overthrow and enslave them and that she would live underground in a subway train car and have good friends who were alcohol-drinking doctors.

But that was life now, and she had to get used to it. Perhaps nothing was farfetched anymore. But she still wasn’t sure what George’s real story was, but she wasn’t going to press for it. She would speak when she was ready.

Reese had said something wrong, but there wasn’t any way of changing it now. She didn’t like pussyfooting around the elephant in the room, but she was trying to not dive into it callously or force the topic. She didn’t think that was what George needed. Of course, was internalizing and stewing over it all a good thing, too? She didn't know. She hadn't gone through this, so she had no idea how George felt.

“Gossips don’t want the truth, they want drama and lots of it,” Reese said, “And they need to go jump off a bridge.” She frowned at the door, wishing they would all go away or at least shut their big flapping mouths. As her grandma had always said, a gossiping tongue was one that was going to get burned. Just might take a while for the fire to catch ‘em.

--------------------
user posted image
Georgianna Lennox
Posted: Oct 20 2011, 10:20 PM

Chele
Group Icon

Georgianna shook her head a little, shaking away the thoughts that had began creeping in, settling in the cracks and slowly forcing them wider, more and more thoughts sneaking in alongside them.

"I know I'm right," she exclaimed, swallowing the mouthful of food. "No one thinks anything is possible until it happens to someone they know. The Adveni, the first of the Olcinyty, the Drysta yard? We never would have expected any of it, and it's where they had us."

Georgianna looked down at the food in her lap. It was easier talking to that than to an actual human being. The food wouldn't reply, it wouldn't give her a bitter taste with truths she didn't want to hear.

"We think that there is good in everyone, we believe no one would ever really hurt us as bad as they're threatening, and so we're unprepared," she explained aloud to herself and the food. "We have to accept the worst, that whatever we can imagine, the Adveni will do it, and they will do it with a smile."

Lifting her head, Georgianna glanced over at Reese as the woman glared toward the door. Georgianna didn't want Reese angry with others for talking. It was always going to happen, Georgianna had always been the life and soul of the party, and now she wasn't. Even if she'd done nothing more than fallen down a flight of stairs, the gossip would be flying as to why.

"Nothing more dramatic than the truth these days, Reese," Georgianna muttered. "And you know that if they did, jump off a bridge that is, we'd all be talking about it, just like they are now."

--------------------
user posted image
Reese Tayes
Posted: Oct 22 2011, 04:35 PM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Who would have expected the Adveni in the first place? No one in their right mind, not really. The other things, prostitutes and the slavery, that came along with conquest even on Earth, so that wasn’t incredibly surprising if you knew your history. The alien part, however…there was no real preparing for that, especially when the aliens were so hostile and deceptive and militaristic. They had slipped into society, pretended to be human then started a war to rule the planet, ending with them being the ultimate victors. She seriously doubted that there had been a contingency plan for that.

Well, not everyone tried to see the good in people nowadays. So many people, just like George, had found themselves in the hands of the Adveni and had suffered for it. It was hard to spot the good first when you had been beaten and abused; you looked for what was bad first so you could protect yourself. Reese, however, was still one of the people who looked for the good, though she didn’t expect much of it from the Adveni. There were too many people in the AI tunnels who had been former slaves or who had been caught by the Adveni, and their horror stories made it hard for her to see anything good in the alien invaders. Were kindness and compassion simply exclusive to humanity? “They’re bastards, the lot of them.”

Yeah, most likely. If that was the truth about what had happened to George, it made Reese want to go out and sock some Adveni in the face. It wasn’t fair, though that didn’t exactly matter these days. George was a good person, and she had tried to help people; she didn’t deserve to be treated that way. But the world had never been fair, and it was only getting worse. Good people were killed or enslaved or tortured and the bad ones thrived, living off of turning the good ones in.

Well. True. Reese wasn’t completely devoid of gossiping, though she tried to do it as little as possible. Not only was it a bad habit, but it got repetitive and it was grating on the ears to hear so many lies spread around. “They’d probably enjoy getting to be the center of attention,” Reese grumbled. She looked over at George’s meal and nodded to it. “I should’ve brought dessert. Sorry, girl.”

--------------------
user posted image
Georgianna Lennox
Posted: Oct 22 2011, 09:30 PM

Chele
Group Icon

The odd thing was, despite everything, Georgianna did still see the good. Chase, the man enslaved by Chow, had brought her into the mess, had let her be ensnared, but in the end, Georgianna knew that he did it because he wanted to save his friend. He hadn't wanted to hurt Georgianna, had probably wanted to help her far more than he could, but he did what he had to for his own survival, and that of Surreal. Surreal helped her, she risked her position and safety by going to the Lyndbury guard, and Gage, in turn, pulled the one card he had to help her. He could probably be in a hell of a lot of trouble for what he did, but he'd done it anyway. Georgianna had showed him she had good in her, and he'd done the same.

"Oh yes, because you bring me a lovely meal, you sit with me while I'm on hospital time out, and I'd complain about lack of dessert?" she asked, raising an eyebrow.

Placing the empty tub down next to her, Georgianna sucked on the fork for a moment, staring out through the gap in the hangings to where a few people were still buzzing around. Hospitals hardly ever slept, even ones that lived in train cars. Whatever happened, whatever time of day, people needed help. She pulled the fork from her mouth and let it rest in the hollow between her legs.

"It's easier to talk about bad things that happen to other people," she said finally. "We talk about how awful they must have it because it makes us feel better about ourselves, makes us grateful we don't have it so bad."

Georgianna took a slow breath, blowing the air out audibly as she twisted the fork in her fingers.

"He'd seen me at the Yards, when I made my trip over. He asked Gage how much I would cost. Gage told him I wasn't for sale, so he made the Olcinyty sick and called for a doctor... and I went."

"It wasn't a story," she admitted quietly. "Being carried across town by a guard. There was a girl there, an Olcinyty. She told me to stop fighting, to just stop, that it would be better if I just did it."

Tears pricked into her eyes, moisture gathering along her lashes until the edges of the world blurred like watercolour paintings. Maybe she wasn't making a whole lot of sense, but it was about as much detail as she could give.

"I couldn't... or wouldn't... and the guard had always been good to me. She agreed to get him for me, but it took too long. He told me he'd smile for me if I let him take me away. I had him leave me near an entrance to A.I and then came down here."

Georgianna couldn't look away from the fork, the methodical turning the only thing keeping her from thinking about what she was saying, what she was admitting. She grit her teeth together and blinked, the tears gathered across her eyes splashing down into her lap, soaking slowly into her trousers. The truth sank in much faster, hit home hard and took your breath away. The truth often did that, especially when you'd spent so much time speculating, gossiping, but believing that the truth couldn't be nearly as bad as people were telling you... and then it was.

--------------------
user posted image
Reese Tayes
Posted: Oct 26 2011, 03:15 AM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

“Maybe, if you were trying to get a whole cake out of it,” Reese said, teasing a bit. Not that a whole cake was ever good for anybody. And, to think about it, she hadn’t made a cake in ages. It was nearly impossible for her to get all the right ingredients at the same time, especially all that sugar. Sugar was rare and precious, and if you weren’t an Adveni or an Adveni slave, you could almost forget about getting any. Still, if she had some, she wouldn’t mind bringing George as much cake as she wanted if it would help, but Reese knew it wouldn’t really.

Reese leaned back against the wall and just let Georgianna talk. She didn’t try to interject or comment or even gasp. Emotions twisted her face throughout the story, but she didn’t open her mouth. It was like she was hearing about a story that had happened to someone else or something that was totally made up, but it was all horribly, awfully true. She could tell by George’s eyes; they looked so haunted and pained.

Reese wanted to move forward and hug her friend, to wipe the tears away, but she knew better than to try that. George probably didn’t want anyone to touch her right now, not after that, even if it was a touch that was meant to be comforting. Anger welled up in Reese, and frustration too, since there was nothing she could do about what had happened to Georgianna. She couldn’t do anything to make it better, couldn’t right the wrong, make justice happen, and that made her sick. All she could do was stand here and listen and let her hatred for the Adveni grow. And she was going to bring a kid into this world? Where things like this happened to great people? When an Advena could see a woman and take her and treat her that way just because he wanted her?

It was the whole story, but her mind filled in the holes, and she didn’t like what it came up with. She shook her head and moved away from the wall, blinking back a few tears and wondering how much she had cried without realizing it. She wasn’t as tough as she could’ve been.

Okay…she couldn’t stand it any longer. Instinct or something deeper took over and she moved toward George. Gently, she took the fork from her and sat down on the side of the bed. It was almost a physical pain to not hug George, but she didn’t, though she wanted to so badly. “That...I…” She spread her hands helplessly. “I can’t say anything to make it better, I know that, but I’m here for you. Always.”

--------------------
user posted image
Georgianna Lennox
Posted: Oct 26 2011, 04:28 PM

Chele
Group Icon

She was supposed to feel relief, wasn't she? They always said that telling someone, getting it out there, would make you feel better. Knowing that someone else knew, that they understood, was meant to make it more manageable.

It didn't make it more manageable, it didn't feel 'better', and she didn't feel relief. All she felt, as Reese sat down next to her and exclaimed that she would be there for her, was a sinking disappointment in herself. She was Georgianna, Nox, the girl that everyone told their worst problems to and she made them feel better. She was the girl people wished they could be because nothing ever seemed to get her down. She was the one people went out looking for because they wanted to have fun.

What was she now? Another victim, another broken toy to the Adveni, another sad girl who couldn't talk about what had been done to her... another slave.

With nothing now to do with her hands, Georgianna rammed her fingers under her legs, jamming them between her legs and the make shift bed. Her heels rattled quickly against the floor, a drum roll of stress and awkward silence.

"That's the problem, isn't it?" she asked quietly. "There's no better, no erasing it. If the Adveni have invented memory removal, they sure ain't offering it around."

Georgianna turned her head.

"There's a breeding program, did you know that? Starting up. A bridge between the races." Her voice was cold, detached, and dripping with sarcasm. Like a group of hybrid children would make humans okay with being slaves? "So, now, in a couple of weeks, I'm going to have to take a pregnancy test... as if this whole fucking fiasco wasn't horrifying enough, I have to go to the Cartel and probably give someone a physical in exchange for being able to pee on a stick."

Georgianna had never wanted children, not yet anyway. She'd thought about it, figured she'd want them when she was older, but not now. Now she was meant to be living life. Working all day then staying out all night. No, Georgianna would not be a mother, especially not under these circumstances. She'd owe a hell of a lot of favours, but if anything came up on that test, Georgianna knew she would not be letting that monster's child come into the world.

--------------------
user posted image
Reese Tayes
Posted: Oct 30 2011, 10:44 PM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Reese didn’t really know what to do. There was nothing she could say or do to alleviate Georgianna’s pain, nothing she could do to fix it, nothing she could do to make it all go away. She sat beside her friend, not even realizing that now she was playing with the fork she had taken from Georgianna. Why had she taken it? Afraid that George would hurt herself with it? No, George wouldn’t take that route, she was too strong for that. Maybe she had taken it because she needed something for her own hands to do. Now that was a bit of selfishness right there.

“Yeah,” Reese said lamely, “They wouldn’t want to make it easy.” Damn aliens. They would keep anything helpful to themselves, though if they did have that technology, the humans would’ve probably figured it out by now. But then again, there was so much that they still didn’t know about Adveni…it was infuriating.

A breeding program? Reese’s eyebrows came together in concern. She hadn’t heard anything about that yet, except she knew Adveni sometimes took human women to have children with. That’s where the slang term grutt had come from, and the Adveni word was Cinyty, if she had that right. But an actual program that had been thought through and set up by the Adveni? No one had been talking about that around her, at least.

Reese wiped a hand down her face. “No, I didn’t know,” she said, “I can’t… They’re so twisted.” Why a breeding program? Wouldn’t they consider that lowering themselves to having kids with the enemy? What could be the reasoning behind that? Mix the races and become one? It didn’t make any sense to her… She thought about her own possible kid and couldn’t imagine it being anything but a product of love. It was Carter’s kid, and Reese loved him more than she had ever loved anyone on this planet.

“Don’t do that,” Reese said, shaking her hand, “I mean, the whole Cartel thing. I have a couple of extra…sticks.” She could at least spare her friend from going to the Cartel for something like that.

--------------------
user posted image
Georgianna Lennox
Posted: Nov 3 2011, 02:59 PM

Chele
Group Icon

Georgianna listened. There wasn't all that much to say in response. She'd told Reese what she knew, what had happened, and that was it. Whether she'd thought it would make it better or not was not a mute point, because it hadn't. It hadn't made it better, it hadn't made anything better. The thought of someone touching her still made her feel sick to her stomach, the knowledge that she'd have every memory burned into her brain for the rest of her life was still there, knawing at her. It wasn't better.

However, even in her memory obsessive brain, she did take in enough of what Reese said to turn her head in surprise and stare at Reese with narrowed, curious eyes.

"You collect pregnancy sticks as a hobby, Miss Tayes, or is there something you're not telling me?" she asked, raising an eyebrow.

Georgianna had never been the type to go about things the easy way. She never went the straight forward, plain and simple way, of simply asking a question. Instead, she felt she had to prove something, she had to know from her own examination, her own experiments. Maybe it was because people lied about their medical history all the time, didn't want to be embarassed about how many people they'd slept with (not that Georgianna cared,) but she always needed to know something by learning it herself.

Reaching out, she grabbed the box that had contained her meal, and in a quick motion, shoved it under Reese's nose.

"How's it smell, Reese?" she asked, her eyes suddenly alight with amusement. "Smell good? Want to eat? What about if I mention curry? Or Chinese food? Greasy greasy Underdog fry up!"

--------------------
user posted image
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.7427 seconds | Archive