NEWS
Photobucket

BOARD NEWS
July 19, 2010:
Thoughts about the application? Post them here! They are greatly appreciated and will help in shaping the new application!
In Character CBox
Please note, this cBox is for IN CHARACTER interactions only.

ADVERTISE US!
Advertise Us!!

Our Advertisement

COPYRIGHTS
All original administrative content as well as the name Infamy and Entropy is copyrighted to the owner of this site and may not be reproduced under any circumstance, electronic or otherwise. By registering with and/or utilizing I&E you are agreeing to these terms. If you aren't sure if what you're doing is considered ripping of Infamy and Entropy, ask. All member generated content is property of the individual members and may not be reproduced without explicit consent. Ownership of copyrighted characters and stories is neither claimed nor implied. All canon Harry Potter content belongs to JK Rowling. Accordian menu topbar put together by Paperfailsnail of SMP and RC&R and DD

Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Infamy And Entropy. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

closed. new topic. new poll.

Breaking Dawn
Josiah Blythe
Posted: Aug 5 2008, 07:34 PM

Group Icon

Group: School Staff
Member No.: 2,734

come on, i know i'm not the only one who read it. lets chat. and just to be safe:

this if for people who've ALREADY read the book!

wouldn't want to ruin anything.

i'll start. i didnt like until the end. well, and the very beginning. it took a LONG time for the rennesme thing to grow on me. i was all...eh? but in the end, i liked it. it was a good ending.

--------------------
user posted image user posted image
Marina Rosa
Posted: Aug 5 2008, 07:42 PM

INFATUATION, DISEASE .
Group Icon

Group: Scrap Character
Member No.: 2,089

Overall, I thought it was very...anticlimactic.

Like, there was all this build-up when they were preparing for war with the Volturi, and instead all we get is a negotiation and....that was it.

Um. Okay then?

I REALLY did not like the pregnant thing at all at first, either. I mean it all played out to have a point in the end, but it still seemed kind of ridiculous. And there was what she NAMED the poor child - Renesmee Carlie Cullen? WTF BELLA?

After she got changed and was describing all the new vampire-y sensations and abilities, though, I was like DAMN I wish I was a vampire now, ahaha.

And the scene at the end was cute, when she let Edward read her mind.

All that stuff in between was...mediocre. I was a little disappointed, to tell you the truth.
I was expecting a lot more, when you take the other three into consideration.

I'd give it a 6 out of 10 overall.

--------------------
THE ULTIMATE COVERUP
ONCE AGAIN YOUR LIES STILL GIVE ME THE HEARTACHE TO CONTINUE. ONE THOUSAND
MILES AND YOU'RE COMING CLOSER, IT'S BEEN SO LONG I CAN HARDLY REMEMBER AND
THIS IS GETTING SO MUCH EASIER. THEY WON'T UNDERSTAND IT, WHAT YOU'VE
HIDDEN FROM THEM, AND THIS IS GETTING SO MUCH EASIER.

user posted image

so should this be my farewell?
come on, you know me too well.

( july 08 ) ( jan 09 )
( unregistered animagus! )
Doe Nikolova
Posted: Aug 5 2008, 08:17 PM

Group Icon

Group: Murdered
Member No.: 2,248

I'm gonna have to agree, bit disappointed about how
    the book came across, now I didn't have any real problems
    with the pregnancy, it was just how everything went down
    around it. I mean come on, couldn't have had some sort of
    battle? Cullens vs. Sam's pack, if not a fight with the Volturi?
    Totally made me sad.

Bit of a let down, but I <3 the ending! I mean the part with
    Edward/Bella. So, I'm gonna have to give the book a seven.
Erica Malfoy
Posted: Aug 5 2008, 10:47 PM

Group Icon

Member No.: 1,773

YAY a breaking dawn thread! i knew this was inevitable. XD

i personally thought that the book was overall a great ending to the series. i mean i'm still thinking that i like eclipse better, just cause of the tension between vampire and werewolf - i mean shape shifters ;] - but i couldn't imagine how else it would have put closure especially since the problem really left after eclipse was bella being a vampire and the volturi.

it was awesome how bella had edward read her mind in the end! and dude, the last words and how it ended with the word forever! cuteee!

and i must say i found bella irritating after new moon and eclipse but VAMP!BELLA kicks ass!

oh and the renesemee thing? well, at first i thought it was really a creative way of her bringing up pregnancy into the book. i mean i dont see any holes in the plot towards that. it might be bizarre at first but i suppose it can happen. as for jacob imprinting on her, it kinda reminded me of a cliche one big happy family idea *COUGHOBHWFCOUGH* but i'm just glad that she left the future open for readers to imagined! and hahaha, i absolutely loved when bella called jacob stupid mutt! XD

OH and jacob's blonde jokes! ZOMG those were awesome. XD

AND JACOB'S PERSPECTIVE. i want more! i would read him forever! especially with him and his pack a.k.a. the clearwaters. i've always loved jacob/leah! and i'm glad that was sort of tackled in the book. hehe.

anyway, i give the book an eight. breaking dawn gave the series a proper closure. an open one *coughunlikesomebsedepiloguethathadsillynamesandfanfictionytonecough* at that too. <33

--------------------
erica malfoy
mostliteratemember|march'08 || myfavoriteread|may'08
IFLYSEDAKI. bria.manda.respectively.

Andrew Tomer
Posted: Aug 6 2008, 10:29 AM

Group Icon

Member No.: 2,208

To me, the book was a sort of in a weird, love-hate situation.

The whole preganancy thing dragggggeddd. I didn't really like the idea of Bella being pregnant, because it felt like it was providing this perfect life for her... not only was she expecting to become a vampire with Edward, she'd have a kid with him, too. It grew on me, eventually, but I wish there had been scenes where Bella and Edward learned how to raise their kid. I'm still not fond of the idea of her growing so quickly -- it seems like the easy way out.

The name Renesmee bugs me, but she's called Nessie by everyone so it's okay. <3

It really bugs me that Charlie was told about Bella's secret life. I mean, I want a sense of effing catharsis after having read three books that demanded relationships breaking. It's not just that Bella is now an all powerful, all graceful, vampire, with a beautiful, loving daughter, has a best friend who all of the sudden drops his love for her, and is suddenly peachy-keen with Rosalie and all of the Cullens. OH NO. CHARLIE has to be part of the love fest too.

I would have felt so much better if someone died. Like Jacob, or Jasper, or Charlie. This book ended with such a pretty pink bow, it even made me, ME (the queen of sentimentalists and romantics!) gag. And I really wish that Meyer's Mormonism hadn't been so apparent in the book.

Still, there were some things about the book that I liked. The entire idea of Edward and Bella FINALLY being happy together is very fulfilling. And even though I'm not entirely sure about this whole, "Jacob imprinted on Nessie!" plot (because it's wonderfully dramatic, but the whole point of imprinting is to find the best suitable mate to carry on the Werewolf gene, and the werewolf gene is there to protect humans from VAMPIRES), it's nice to know Jacob has someone [x

All in all, I thought it was a good fluff book, but nothing to the first and second.

--------------------
user posted image

ANOTHER RINGER WITH THE SLICK TRIGGER FINGER FOR HER MAJESTY
ANOTHER ONE WITH THE GOLDEN TOUNGE POISONING YOUR FANTASY
ANOTHER BILL FROM A KILLER TURNED A THRILLER INTO A TRAGEDY
SOMEONE THAT YOU THINK YOU CAN TRUST IS JUST ANOTHER WAY TO DIE

Mavis Flint
Posted: Aug 10 2008, 05:49 PM

manWHORE
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,678

When I first read Twilight i couldn't put it down. I had no idea what to expect from it and I just wanted to see what would happen. Now the only reason i even bought the book was because amazon send out an e-mail and it said "the answer for the harry potter lover" How could I turn that down? I had finished the 7th book in two days and needed something new to read. Now the point of all that was I was not pressured to read Breaking Dawn. I bought it at Walmart in North Carolina because I forgot what day it come out and squeed when I saw it. But it still took a good five days to finish it, and probably woudl have been longer if it hadn't been for my California sleeping schedual and lack of intrest in the TV. In other words, i wasn't quite as intrigued by Breaking Dawn.

I gasped when Jacob imprinted. I'm reading, waiting for a big fight to ensue because of the vampires love o the little weird baby and all of a sudden BAM! he loves her. I adored the way Stephanie described the imprinting. I took a second and when I realized why he was hesitant I was just floored.

I loved Vamp!Bella. I was kinda bummed that she was all... not newborn freak and I kinda wish there had been something more with Jasper and his unhappiness with the fact that she was so calm after a week and he was having problems after so many years. I also don't like how everyone is all "coo nessy" like... she almost killed Bella, even if it wasn't her fault. a normal person would still have some animosity towards the baby that would take longer than a few moments to get over. Jake is an exception, it's supposed to be like that. same with Bella and Rose since they were for the baby from the start.

Random things I wondered at the end:
    Does this mean Jake won't age? The point of the werewolf/shape shifter is to protect the community from vampires. They start changing with vampires are near or are causing a threat; wouldn't that mean being around Reneesme (that name is not even something I'm going to get into) Jake would never go back to human form?

If they have a baby will it be like... Underwolrd status? Just a thought.

--------------------
Sadie Mitchell
Posted: May 15 2009, 10:44 AM

Group Icon

Member No.: 2,209

This topic has not been replied in for 14-20 days and has been moved to the Dead/Completed Topics Sub-forum. Should you wish to resume threading in it, simply PM any mod and they will be happy to move this back and delete this post. happy.gif Thanks!

--------------------
` S A D I E winifred M I T C H E L L !
well, she ain't no cinderella when she's getting undressed, cause she
rocks it like the naughty wicked witch of the west. far too pretty to be givin'
it cheap, that's why she's making six figures working three days a week.
yeah, she'd even break a promise in the promised land; she didn't
make it this far by just shakin' hands. she'll shake her money-maker twice
as hard as anyone can; she didn't make it this far by just shakin' hands.

[most improved december 2008]
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic Options closed. new topic. new poll.

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1295 seconds | Archive

ADAPTATION MADE BY MANDA FROM MUDDY MINT SKIN BY SABS OF RED CARPET AND REBELLION