July 19, 2010:
Thoughts about the application? Post them here! They are greatly appreciated and will help in shaping the new application!
In Character CBox
Please note, this cBox is for IN CHARACTER interactions only.
All original administrative content as well as the name Infamy and Entropy is copyrighted to the owner of this site and may not be reproduced under any circumstance, electronic or otherwise. By registering with and/or utilizing I&E you are agreeing to these terms. If you aren't sure if what you're doing is considered ripping of Infamy and Entropy, ask. All member generated content is property of the individual members and may not be reproduced without explicit consent. Ownership of copyrighted characters and stories is neither claimed nor implied. All canon Harry Potter content belongs to JK Rowling. Accordian menu topbar put together by Paperfailsnail of SMP and RC&R and DD
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
|Welcome to Infamy And Entropy. We hope you enjoy your visit.|
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:
Board, Role Play, and cBox Rules
, [Must Read]
Member No.: 1
Joined: 4-February 06
Welcome to Infamy and EntropyG E N E R A L board rules
We are a site that has been playing for well over three years! Though our plot is designed in a way meant to allow members to jump in at any moment, there is always a lot of really great back story that you can explore in the "Important Threads" subforum in the "Completed/Dead" forum. Please read all the rules. We aren't going to check you on it, we'll take it on your honor that you have. Enjoy!
1. Please be sure to read all the rules and information before posting, it’ll make everything for everyone a whole lot easier. And please read all the pinned topics you come across, they’re pretty important methinks.
2. Remember to always be respectful. This means that we don't appreciate OOC insults, drama, or disrespect here. First offense warrants a warning, second offense to be determined by staff.
3. This board is UNRATED which means that anything goes. However, let's try to keep it tasteful, yes? For topics exceeding an "R" rating, please insert a notice in the topic title.
4. Promote the board! Yes, it’s a rule ;]
5. Try to be active, we’re flexible with activity, but we like to see people play. The policy for scrapping/deleting/dropping characters is detailed in the “Frequently Asked Questions” thread located: here.
6. Don't spam. It makes us go grr.
7. Have fun! Or we’ll beat you up and make you have fun. That’s just how we do. :]
8. Don’t take anything from this board: character applications (that aren’t yours), forum descriptions, names, plot, anything. Our terms of service and copyright are located in the sidebar and displayed on every page.
9. If you see a spelling error, contact an admin and we’ll get it straightened out, and we’ll give you points in the shop.
10. Have more fun. Or we’ll beat you up more, only out of love though.]
R O L E P L A Y rules
1. If you take up a canon or adoptable, please try to be true to the character. Of course, we’ll grant a lot of leeway, but don’t be offended if we want a couple tweaks in your application.
2. You are allowed an unlimited number of characters. We would, however, prefer that your gender ratio between boys and girls remain relatively even.
3. To create a second character you need 20 posts on your first and to have been a member for one week. To make a third, you need thirty posts on your two existing accounts and to have been a member for two weeks. To make a fourth, forty and three weeks. And so on. Players with a high number of scrapped characters are subject to modification of this standard.
4. We strive to be literate here at I&E. Use your good judgment when posting. No one liners, you know the drill. We don’t have a word minimum because we want you to strive to write as well as you can and as much as you can in your own time at your own pace.
5. Please register with a FIRST and LAST name only. Accounts are manually validated by administrative staff and may take up to twenty-four hours to be activated. If your account has not been validated in that time, please contact an administrator.
6. Point of view is third person past tense. All posts need to be in that format. Please try to avoid using color in posts outside of the plotting arena as well.
7. Special abilities are not permitted on a first character, unless it is a canon or adoptable. Abilities can be ‘bought’ in the I&E shop and applied to a current or future character.
8. If you’re a professor, we ask that you try to provide at least one lesson a week. PM an Admin with a link to the thread and we’ll put it in the newsbar to help get more participation!
9. Do NOT post half finished applications. Also, please do not post your application until you have the proper post counts and have been a member for the proper amount of time.
10. If your application has been untouched for two days, feel free PM an administrator to remind us to take a look! Please don’t PM us until that time is up, however. Applications are reviewed on a “Three Strikes You're Out” policy.
11. Please be sure to make a face claim once your character has been accepted, but not before then. Duplicate claims are not permitted, nor are actors and actresses from the Harry Potter movies except in special cases. Please have at least an avatar in terms of graphics, they are used when we feature characters. We require that avatars be either 150x150 or 150x200.
12. Please don't register with any canon last name unless you are signing up to play a canon that you see listed on the canon list.
C B O X rules
1. All general board rules apply.
2. There shall be no slandering of any other site. I don't want to see it. If you have unpleasant things to say, keep it to IM or PM.
3. Try not to fill up the cbox incessantly by posting multiple times. If hours have gone by, sure, it's fine. Otherwise, spamming the cbox with multiple entries gets tiresome.
4. Please identify yourself in the cBox as 'your name//character name//second character name', or some other variation of that is fine. But we do want to have your name and the character name.
5. Let’s avoid excessive chatspeak shall we? It hurts me.
6. Please only use the In Character cBox for in character conversations and the regular ooc one at the top for out of character conversations.
Thanks go out to LESLY! for our current three month subscription to a premium cbox! :] [21/6/2010]
Rules are subject to change at any time. Such changes are effective immediately and it is up to the player here to check back regularly for updates and read all announcements introducing said new rules. Updated 04/09/10
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)