Rules of Iayla Shattered!!
A necessary evil to keep the site running smoothly. Should you choose not to follow the rules, you will be warned and referred here. Further action will be taken as needed so please read. Questions can be directed to any admin.
Be honest. We are busy, not stupid, so DO NOT CHEAT THE SYSTEM
. If you choose to break this rule, we will add a - in front and you will have to earn everything back again. If your offense is particularly bad be prepared for some of the worst punishments we have for you. We don't take kindly to dishonesty and cheating around here so play fair and you'll have nothing to worry about.Character Creation Rules
Here are all the rules that govern the creation and playing of your characters. Characters must be completed within 7 days of post date!! This is due to a large quantity of WIPs sitting for months in the board.Character Regulations
Creating A Character
- You may create up to 5 characters, only 2 at a given time can be candidates. Only create what you can play.
- Any and all characters must be approved before play can begin.
- TITLE MUST BE: RANK CHAR NAME - GENDER
- SUB TITLE MUST BE: DRAGON/WHER COLOR NAME
- Iayla has a very specific history - write your characters accordingly (Histories need not be dramatic or super long but they MUST take into account the setting - if they are generic characters will not be accepted)
- Dragonriders may be from the North escaped (any age)
- Dragonriders from Iayla Weyr during the attack must have been AT least a weyrling of 12 turns, meaning your rider must be at least 25 turns old.
- Dragonriders from refugee clutches AFTER the fall of Iayla can be any age - Because of poor conditions (no formal sands temperature variation etc) there was very high mortality rate among the hatchlings, they will be on the smaller side of their range and high ranking colors were extremely rare.
- Do NOT COPY characters!!
- Follow the profile form provided. Making up your own will delay the acceptance process
- Candidates will NOT be deformed. They cannot be blind, missing a limb, mute, paralyzed, etc.
- Candidates are between the ages of 12-21. Don't mess this up.
- Riders may have scars to missing limbs from Fall or Fighting
- If a character is a ranker (aka gold/bronze rider, Weyrling master, Wingleader, etc) you must play them consistently.
- If you wish to have a ranking character, play often and play well. Literacy counts.
- Make your character interesting.The more original and different, the better chances of having a fun RP.
- No more than TWO pets per character - preferably less than that.
- Take into account the history of the weyr - pets are a luxury not everyone will have.
- Take into account your characters job and rank when creating pets
- Cats (felines) WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED! The felines on Pern are feral and will attack humans if they make contact. Domestic Felines are exceptionally rare as such we do not allow them.
- Birds (Avians) WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED! Only a few birds survived the initial colonization. Like felines are so rare that we will not be accepting them as pets.
- The dogs of Pern are not a specific breed. They are mixes and mutts of working dogs (huskies, German shepherds, Irish wolfhounds etc.) If you have questions, ask.
- There are no wolves on Pern. Period. You cannot have a dog that is half wolf.
- Runners are common. On Earth, they are known as horses. They are runners on Pern. Do not call them horses.
Iaylan Transfer RegulationsThis applies ONLY to those who were previous members of Iayla and are bring characters forward in time to the present.
- Firelizards may only be hatched here. Do not ask to join with one.
- Do not overload your character with flitters (or other pets) you will be held accountable for playing them.
- Admin Approval Required for Flights that will result in a clutch
- Admins make the decision on how many eggs are clutched, what the colors are, and who gets them. Impressing a flitter is a reward for activity and good RP.
These must be complied with:
- 13 turns have passed since the events here - meaning transferring characters must age by 13 turns. This is not optional and designed so you can keep your characters while staying with the timeline. If you do not want to age your characters please start with a new one.
- Only TWO transfers are allowed.
- Brasses have gone extinct - Please contact an Admin if you were wanting a brass transfer
- Gold/Silver stones are fused. They are now sun and moonstones (suns have a golden tone while moons have a silver tone) Both are fertile.
- Garnets do not clutch
- albinos are extinct and have been replaced.
- Chimaeric colors are no longer "bronze-blue" they will be referred to as their base color.
- ONE or TWO pets will be allowed to transfer over. Pick your favorites and we will allow you to attach them to the characters you are moving forward. Do not abuse this (aka don't transfer a zoo or don't attach your ametrine, quartz, gold flitters, your avian, and your feline to a character to move forward. Be reasonable).
- Crawlers have gone extinct. NONE will be transferred forward
Considerations we ask of you:
these aren't set in stone YET, but we ask that you at least think about these before transferring because if too many people disregard these will have to be set in stone.
In Character RulesRules of Roleplay
- Please don't just ask to transfer your ranking dragons
- Debilitating injuries - use common sense. Don't transfer something that has no chance of escaping. However, to be fair if you are extremely attached, please contact an admin to discuss your options.
- This is a third-person, litterate RP. Meaning, excessive spelling/grammar errors are highly looked down upon. There are such things as dictionaries. Use them! If you still have trouble, PM an Admin or post in the help forum. We are only too happy to lend a hand. Or keyboard in this case.
- You may not force anyone to RP with you. Likewise, you may not force someone to RP something they do not want to or feel comfortable RPing. This is a suspendable and bannable offense.
- Please be discreet. None of us want to read a particularly graphic scene, especially if it adult in nature. There is a forum for that. You must be 16 years old to RP there. PM an Admin for the password.
- Keep the use of specific four-letter words to a minimum. If it is absolutely necessary for the post, it will be allowed. But if they are over-used or we (the Admins) feel this trust is being abused, said post will be deleted and you will be warned.
- DO NOT GOD MODE!!! A person created a character. They are perfectly capable of RPing them. Let them!
Use of l337, chat or text speak in EXCESSIVE and UNNEEDED amounts. (zero tolerance. You will be warned. Don't make us tell you twice.)
Creating a "cookie-cutter" character (make them interesting.)
Having a Mary Sue character (for more info, PM an Admin)
Being illiterate and not doing a thing about itSuspendable Offenses
Overly graphic posting in non-mature forumsBannable Offenses
Continuous God-moding (seriously. Don't do it.)
Excessive swearing after a warning
Having multiple accounts (we can find out. Don't test us)
- Have fun in your RPing. This is for entertainment. The least you can do is enjoy it.
- Make the RPs interesting. Throw in humor or a plot twist.
- Some examples are wrestling matches, burning a finger, getting
run over by a rabid donkey, races, games of tag, hunting
snipes, twisting an ankle while running to make a doctor's
Out of Character Rules
- Make a life-changing plot without Admin approval.
- Be excessively vulgar or sexual in any forums other than the mature forums.
- Take control of other people's characters (aka, God-moding)
- Take control of a plot. Let others react as they choose.
- Nag an administrator during a hatching. Excitement is okay, but excessive begging and hounding for it will not get it done any faster and will probably annoy the admins.
Here is where you can find what we expect of as a person outside of actively roleplaying your charactersExpectations
- Respect - You may or may not like someone but you will treat them with respect. Handle your disagreements like adults and talk them out, if you believe the situation to be out of your control please PM an admin. We will step in and enforce this rule strictly.
- Excessive Swearing is not allowed - an occasional one is alright but we have a wide variety of ages and backgrounds so try to keep it to a minimum. I am sure you are smart enough to come up with better remarks than certain common swear words.
- Do NOT post the following any place on the site:
Porn, Political Affiliations, YouTube Videos, Religious Adds. We will not tolerate any of these and they will be promptly removed.
- You MUST have links to your character profiles.
- Signatures will NOT stretch the board (images must be less than 500px wide)
- Signatures must not be overly tall. use good judgment. around 300px is a good guideline.
- We allow "hatchables" (Dragon Cave, Pokemon...etc) Just as before use good judgement and only post a few.
- Do not post any banned material in your signatures (see above for list)
If you want to adopt a character the rules can be found HERE
Have your own weyr or part of another amazing site and want to share? rules for affiliation and advertisement can be found HERE
. This post has been edited by Daz on Sep 6 2011, 08:01 PM