Weyrleader: K'orr, Brown Suuchusth
Warleader: V'las, Bronze Boarsuth
Current Clutch
Keylenth' Summer Memories
Current Flights
none

NEWS
Announcements

Welcome to Iayla Shattered! We have recently opened our doors officially and are hoping to see everyone take part in the plots we have in store for you and share the exitement of our very first dragon hatching with us!

IAYLA WEYR INFO
-
Current Newsletter: Volume 2
Rules!
Information Forum
(dragons, plot, maps, etc)
Character Accepting and Application

THE SEASON IS:

CBOX

COMING SOON
Next Hatching:
Wher
none

Dragon
Summer Memories
Touching: ONGOING!
Hatching: September 30th

Threadfall: -none-

WEYRLING/WHERLING INFO

Weyrlings
Under
Lesson

Toxic Wherlings
Under Various
Lesson 2

Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Iayla Shattered. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

add reply
new poll

Newsletter Volume 2, September 8th, 2011
Shattered Admin
Posted: Sep 9 2011, 07:31 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Information Managing Admin
Member No.: 7

September 8, 2011- Volume 2

It's newsletter time again!
Let's try to make this a monthly happening!

(Posted Image)
Outtime News
(Posted Image)
For you users around here...

So quiet...
Yes, it has been awfully quiet around here and we admins apologize for that. There have been quite a few bumps in the roads and a number of obstacles... but we want to give it one last shot and this time we would like Iayla Shattered to stay active for real - we promise you to do our best to keep things going and we are hoping for your support. This brings me to a couple of other Topics that might interest you... I can tell you this much already: helping us keeping Iayla active and going will not go unrewarded!

Contests!
What's this? Not one but two contests for you? Well, let's have a look at them.
First off - there is the Advertisement Contest, which will hopefully help us bring some new faces to Iayla and fresh activity. New members and old - be aware that we are giving out small physical mutations as reward for this contest, something that will not happen again anytime soon. Even if you just joined Iayla - you should try this one out as there might be an additional prize handed out if we see enough interest in this particular contest...
Secondly - some of you might remember our famous 'Guess the Egg!' Contest from old Iayla. It's back and better than ever! The prizes might seem small in comparison to our Advertisement Contest but they might help gain you the marks you need to buy something special for yourself from our admin store and keep you entertained while we all wait for the Hatching to occur. Be sure to check out both the Out of Character and the IN CHARACTER versions!! We highly encourage participation in each!

Plots and ploys...
Be on the lookout for plots and lots of fun ready for you. We will do our best to pull them off and we believe they will be a great amount of exitement and entertainment for you. There are other things happening around Iayla Shattered than a simple hatching... So be prepared and be ready to join should any of our characters call out for your assistance!

Spotlights, how do they work again?
Well, these are a new addition, feel free to ask!
Everytime there is a new Newsletter we admins will include some small spotlights - some of which may have been suggested by users. There are three categories we can choose from:
-Run/Flight Spotlight for those females who need some extra lovin' from the males
-Thread Spotlight for Threads that seem to get way too little attention for our taste (you may request to have your Thread Spotlighted via pm!)
-Character Spotlight for those Characters that are not in a leading position and get mentioned all the time but do deserve some attention aswell (you may suggest characters for this via pm!)
We will choose the Threads/Flights/Characters we hear of quite randomly - if you pm us it is quite likely we will put your suggestion in there so don't be shy!

Comments, Suggestions and Ideas!
It cannot be said often enough. You are free to post comments on all News you see (it even counts towards your total posts unlike all other off-topic conversations). We LOVE to see some suggestions and ideas of ANY kind. Be it a plot idea, another list you would want to see added to our site, some information you are missing... Give us feedback so we may improve Iayla Shattered with your help!

(Posted Image)
Ages
(Posted Image)
How old were we again?

Weyrlings
All dragons of Iayla Outpost are fully grown!

Wherlets
Toxic: 2 Months - ~20% of full grown size; Males and Females neither rise nor chase

Pets
Spring Wildflower Firelizards: 3 Months - ~50% of full grown size; Males and Females neither rise nor chase

(Posted Image)
Intime News
(Posted Image)
Also known as the things your character might have heard...

Keylenth has clutched!
Rumor has it that the senior Queen is no longer heavy with egg but has delivered a small but healthy clutch of fourteen eggs onto the Sands. Only a handful of people were allowed to catch a glimpse of these precious orbs but it seems like the first clutch of Iayla since the rebuilding of the Weyr can soon be ready to hatch!
Searchriders have been sent to smaller settlements nearby but with a clutch of this size it is likely that the majority of Candidates will come from the Weyr itself.
Rejoice, Iayla, times are looking up now!

Sickness...
As the majority of the Weyr turns it's eyes on the Sands something of similar importance has occured elsewhere. Kolara the Weyrwoman has not been feeling well as of late and has been confined to her quarters for the time being until she recovers. Her life seems not to be in danger and the Weyr wishes her well. Until she has come back to full health her second in command, Tariq of Moonstone Aerth, and Weyrleader K'orr take over her duties. Let us hope she will be well again by the time the eggs are ready to hatch so she may attend the hatching together with her Queen...

Candidate Search
The Weyr is launching one of the largest Search parties for new candidates. Tariq and Aerth are heading up the expedition, they are looking for any able bodied dragon to Search, transport, or simply guard the group as they head deep into Northern Territory to scope out some new faces. It is also a perfect time for your candidate to be searched if you have one not yet at the Weyr. Everyone is welcome to join in!

http://z15.invisionfree.com/Iayla_Shattere...p?showtopic=213

MAX PARTICIPATION NEEDED!

(Posted Image)
Spotlights
(Posted Image)
Take a look at these!

Flight/Run Spotlight
Currently there are no Flights or Runs planned that we heard of...

Thread Spotlight: Four wings are better than two
Have you heard of Fristh our local green with not just two but four wings? Well, she and her lovely rider Ketira have just returned from a sweep ride and could use some company. Perhaps a manly male could woe those two young ladies with a cool, refreshing drink? Or someone in need of a friendly soul to talk to? Or merely someone who could cheer her unhappy Bronze Firelizard Guard up who just happened to have lost a Green flight to a Blue...
I am sure someone will save these three from eternal boredom by posting >here<!

Character Spotlight
We will highlight one of your Characters next Newsletter!

(Posted Image)
Activity Check
(Posted Image)
Just this once...

Please post if you are still around!
Alright, we'll do this real quick and easy just so we can get all our lists up to date and ready.
All you have to do is make a post, responding to this Newsletter. You do not have to say something specific. A simple 'I'm here!' will suffice.
If you would like to drop any character you lost your muse for, please inform us aswell and include what you would like to have done with them.
Thanks a lot in advance!

The List
  • Daz
  • Carni
  • Zulu
  • shadowreine
  • Ichigo
  • Doina
  • WindSwept
  • Kialish
  • Rai

This post has been edited by Carni on Sep 15 2011, 05:21 PM
pm
shadowreine
Posted: Sep 10 2011, 10:57 AM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 18

I'm here. Ketira will help Search.
Ichigo
Posted: Sep 12 2011, 11:31 PM

Member No.: 3

I'm... not entirely sure if I really want to leave or not so... I'm around... for now...
Doina
Posted: Sep 13 2011, 08:38 PM

Member No.: 30

Doina is here if you need the Weyr's Master Healer for anything!
WindSwept
Posted: Sep 13 2011, 09:06 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 23

Ahoy! I'm a bit bogged down with school and such, but weekends will be productive!
Kialish
Posted: Sep 14 2011, 05:02 AM

Member No.: 13

I think Im here, I'll try to be more active.
Daz
Posted: Sep 14 2011, 08:01 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

http://z15.invisionfree.com/Iayla_Shattere...p?showtopic=213

Everyone join in!! Riders, Candidates, and NPCs!! The more you post the more will happen!!
Rai
Posted: Sep 15 2011, 03:15 PM

Member No.: 10

I'm here, but a bit wary, since while I would love for Iayla to stay active, it hasn't in years...I adore my characters and the people here, so I'll say 'here' but if it dies again beyond the normal site lulls I may not return again. It's too disappointing when it does. :(
Daz
Posted: Sep 15 2011, 08:35 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2

It goes both ways. Members have to try to be active too. I'm not going to spend hours or days working on a plot if no one responds. And no one here said you can't work on your own plots too, within reason and I feel like I'm pretty open to about anything that could logically happen. We are too busy to hold everyone's hand everyday and lead you along. Our lives aren't built around the site and it's unrealistic to expect us to live like that, we do what we can but sometimes you're going to have to work without us giving you every little thing.
Shattered Admin
Posted: Sep 16 2011, 09:40 PM

Advanced Member

Touching will be posted Saturday! sorry for the delay I just can't type that much in one single day and everyone else seems to have vanished. Please forgive the lateness I'm sure you'll still enjoy it just as much :) Direct questions (regarding this) to Daz!

BRING CANDIDATES!! ok that's all for now. have a great friday night everyone!
pm
Carni
Posted: Sep 19 2011, 05:19 AM

Member No.: 6

Wherling Lesson 2 is finally up!

Go check it out here: Click!
Shattered Admin
Posted: Sep 25 2011, 12:26 PM

Advanced Member

The Egg guessing contest is still open!! it doesn't take long to fill out your guesses!!

The IC egg contest will be going up shortly - ALL CHARACTERS can participate!

Also if you have ideas for candidates please fill out an application! like the Whers each dragonet was designed individually and it would be a shame to see so many between!! Or have to postpone the hatching until there are enough candidates!

This post has been edited by Daz on Sep 25 2011, 01:40 PM
pm
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

options
add reply
new poll

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.5853 seconds | Archive

All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey's fiction are copyrightę Anne McCaffrey 1967,2008, all rights reserved, and used by permission of the author. The Dragonriders of Pern« is registered U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, by Anne McCaffrey, used here with permission. Use or reproduction without a license is strictly prohibited.
This website and fan group are for entertainment purposes only, and not for commercial use in any way.
Thanks to Silverdrak for letting us use her pixels!

Mindirran Weyr SEKKAI FRACTURES Valyrium Weyr

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Skin Parts Copyright Newfive, Amberon, Zeus00, of ZN: IF Resources Skin Creation: Daz