IAYLA HAS BEEN MOVED
Join us at the new site placed 13 turns ahead after the North has invaded Iayla! Follow the link for more!!
THE SEASON IS:
To Iayla Weyr
The Awakening Clutch - HATCHED
Next Flight: Garnet Dafnierth, IN PROGRESS!
Pantheon WeyrlingsAwakenings Wherlings
Under Bluerider K'los
Lesson Five: The Bond and Wings
Under Bronzehandler Bakennial
-Lesson One Pending Hatching-
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
|Welcome to Iayla. We hope you enjoy your visit.|
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:
Member No.: 12
Joined: 6-January 08
Be patient we are still under a bit of construction though we welcome you to join.
. Dragonriders of Pern . Semi-Canon . Intermediate-Advanced RPG .
It had been silent for turns. The Weyrs of the North were quiet. No threats came. No invasive dragons trying to undermine Iayla's security. Not a word. Nothing. At first, the Weyrleaders of Iayla thought they had finally killed each other off and they could finally find peace. Faranth knew neither Telgar nor Ista liked each other. They had been struggling for power since before Iayla's founding! It was hoped that they were either dead or under new, peaceful leadership.
But it was too good to be true.
Three turns of silence were shattered utterly in one night. Under the cover of darkness, shadow swept into the South. The North made its presence known - in the span of only one month, Iayla was razed, the riders and Weyrfolk either killed, enlisted, tortured, or fled. Blood flowed freely. The Weyrleaders of Iayla were the first to be executed, the examples for any who dared go against the combined might of Ista and Telgar.
Many more resisted.
Now, ten turns after the initial invasion, the North has firmly established itself in what used to be Iayla Weyr, hunting down any lingering resistance in the area. The once-free dragons are scattered across the South, forming small clans. Most Holds are beyond repair, destroyed in the first wave of attack. Holders struggle to survive and are lucky to find one of the roaming bands of Iayla dragons. On a continent washed with blood, only one place is safe: the frozen wastelands of the deep south.
At the edges of these mountains, the vestiges of Iayla's strength gather, struggling to eek out a meager existence. Scarred from the onslaught and loss of their home and family, Iayla is broken. But even with shattered spirits resentment grows. Will Iayla rise against the Northern incursion? Or will the ever-widening patrols discover the final outpost?
Do you have the strength within to join their numbers?
. Rules . History . Dragons .
Member No.: 12
Joined: 6-January 08
| Quick Notes to make your transition easier
Thia, Carni, Tox, and myself are all working very hard to finish setting up Iayla: Shattered! I hope you all are as excited as we are as our project nears completion. We have made a number of changes that will hopefully put the Weyr back on the right track - if you are affected by these changes please contact an admin mentioned above and we will work something out with you.
Here are the following major changes that have taken place:
- 13 turns have passed since the events here - meaning transferring characters must age by 13 turns. This is not optional and designed so you can keep your characters while staying with the timeline. If you do not want to age your characters please start with a new one.
- Only TWO transfers are allowed.
- Brasses have gone extinct - Please contact an Admin if you were wanting a brass transfer
- Gold/Silver stones are fused. They are now sun and moonstones (suns have a golden tone while moons have a silver tone) Both are fertile.
- Garnets do not clutch
- albinos are extinct and have been replaced.
- Chimaeric colors are no longer "bronze-blue" they will be referred to as their base color.
- ONE or TWO pets will be allowed to transfer over. Pick your favorites and we will allow you to attach them to the characters you are moving forward. Do not abuse this (aka don't transfer a zoo or don't attach your ametrine, quartz, gold flitters, your avian, and your feline to a character to move forward. Be reasonable).
- Crawlers have gone extinct. NONE will be transferred forward
Considerations we ask of you:
these aren't set in stone YET, but we ask that you at least think about these before transferring because if too many people disregard these will have to be set in stone.
- Please don't just ask to transfer your ranking dragons
- Debilitating injuries - use common sense. Don't transfer something that has no chance of escaping. However, to be fair if you are extremely attached, please contact an admin to discuss your options.
To get a general headcount please reply with:
dragon color & name:
current age rider: dragon:
Here is the current list of those who responded already:
Kolara(21) and Keylenth(3) Thialyn/Zulu
D'jay(25) and Baeyronth(6) Momo
A'nso(19) and Nishanth(2) Carni
Taelor(19) and Aludariath(2) Tox
Tariq(19) and Aerth(1) Daz
Theresa(24) and Dafnierth(4) Carni
Hikari(20) and Mertaith(3) Ichigo
Isavrielle(21) and Khyaalth(2) Daz
Sidus(23) and Sidusk(8) Tox
Dart - Theresa - Carni
Ire - Taelor - Tox
Koli - D'jay - Momo
Ara - D'jay - Momo
Steer RedFlagg - Taelor - Tox
Feline Orsino - Isavrielle - Daz
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey's fiction are copyright© Anne McCaffrey 1967,2008, all rights reserved, and used by permission of the author. The Dragonriders of Pern® is registered U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, by Anne McCaffrey, used here with permission. Use or reproduction without a license is strictly prohibited.
This website and fan group are for entertainment purposes only, and not for commercial use in any way.
Thanks to Silverdrak for letting us use her pixels!