DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Introduce Yourself
Daryl Dixon
Posted: Oct 19 2011, 06:03 PM

Atlanta Survivors
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1

Yeah this thread doesn't get a nifty little tagline at the top but that's okay; we still give this thread lots of love.

So if you're new to the board you can post up some information about yourself, how you found us, what you do in your spare time, and how you spend your life when you aren't writing about zombies eating people.

I'll start then!

My name is Anna and I'm a psychology student taking a break from school. Money is hard to come by and the job market is trashed, but I'm here to write and it's one of my favorite things in the entire world! Thankfully I have a lovely co-admin and dearest friend named Maa. I'm excited to be here and excited to meet all you too!

I've been interested in The Walking Dead when I got my hands on the graphic novels and have since followed the new comics, The Walking Dead Weekly and couldn't wait to get this game going. I've been planning it for some time but being busy over the last year has led me to a delay.

Oh well. xD

I love Magic: the Gathering and Dungeons and Dragons, and I also play White Wolf's World of Darkness when I get the chance. I'm a big nerd even if I don't seem like it and absolutely adore being a nerd with all my geeky friends.

Maa is my wifey. Don't forget it. <3

Welcome to the board and I can't wait to play with all of you!
Shane Walsh
Posted: Nov 2 2011, 08:09 AM

Atlanta Survivors
Group Icon

Group: Survivor
Member No.: 22

Hey, everyone!!! I'm Lindsay! I'm 22 and live near Cleveland, OH. I'm a senior in college where I'm majoring in biochemistry, with the hopes of going into forensics wherever and in whatever area of the field I can find a job. I found the site's advert on RPG-Directory's site. In my free time, when I'm not on here or doing homework, you'll usually find me reading or listening to music while browsing the internet aimlessly. I'll read pretty much anything that I think sounds interesting but Stephen King and Shakespeare are both very special to me. When it comes to music, I'm all about country, oldies, and classic rock. Some notable artists for me are Elton John, the Beatles, the Bee Gees, Elvis Presley, Buddy Holly, Dean Martin, Queen, George Strait, Toby Keith, and Garth Brooks.

I had the hardest time deciding on a major because, along with loving science, I love history and politics. And I love to watch sports (don't play any now; used to play basketball way back when), mainly football (American football, that is) and baseball. I'm a big sci-fi geek. It's all about Doctor Who, Torchwood, and The X-Files for me. I've never been able to jump on the Star Wars or Star Trek bandwagon.

I'm more of a recent newcomer to The Walking Dead. Caught bits and pieces of season one all day long before season two began. Decided to give the show a chance and just recently finished watching all of season one. And now I'm all caught up. I don't think I need to say that Shane is my favorite on the show. I find him a very intriguing character and, according to all of the personality quizzes I take, I'm most like him, which I do see in some respects. Me liking him so much doesn't bode well for him, though, because the characters I find most interesting usually end up dying (whether they're good guys/gals or bad guys/gals). I can seriously think of only one exception to that general rule (T-Bag on Prison Break) so I hope that Shane becomes another exception. <3
Harper Long
Posted: Nov 2 2011, 03:14 PM

Unregistered

Hey loves!

So I'm Lisa, about to be 23 in a few months, nothing really special about that. I decided to skip college, finding it not quite to be my thing and went straight to working full time. Manage an physical therapy office. When not doing that I'm trying to plan my wedding (9/8/12) and failing miserably at it since I procrastinate.

I'm a avid reader and video gamer. I will read almost any type of book put in front of me and usually it only takes a few days. More interested in fantasy / based off mythology or certain historical periods (Ancient, Tudor , etc). Video games I love rpg's and shooters but also will be caught playing silly games that I'm probably too old for. They are mind numbing, so sue me smile.gif

Tv shows I adore are firstly Xena: Warrior Princess. I don't think anything will ever be as near and dear to me as that. Supernatural ,Walking Dead, Camelot (RIP short lived), Spartacus (RIP Andy Whitfield!), Top Chef, The Voice (guilty pleasure), The Tudors, Rome, I think you probably get the idea smile.gif.

Also music is a huge must, any type of music. So recommend anything!!!

Adelita Connors
Posted: Nov 17 2011, 09:03 PM

Unregistered

Hey everyone! I'm Annalise (and that's just the penname), if you want to know my real name feel free to ask. I'm 27, from the state of South Carolina. I'm currently disabled and awaiting news on what can be done about getting me fixed and back to working. When I WAS working I was a photographer and graphic designer for a portrait company for the Army. I have a lot of free time on my hands these days, but when I'm not RPing I'm either doing graphics, playing with my dog and now the newest addition to my family in the form of a stray cat (who is currently hogging my pillow).

I'm big into art, and want to go back into photography once I'm able to work again. I'm also a music addict and listen to any and every kind except opera. I go to sleep to it, write to it, pretty much would run my life to music if I could. I found I_S through a affiliate request and had to join. Even if I had to convince myself that I could do it since I've only come back from a break from RPing.

I became a fan of The Walking Dead sometime after the first season ended. I had a friend that was a huge zombie fan and told me that even though I was not at the time I need to watch it. Lol, so to get him off my back I watched it. And was hooked. I've watched every episode this season and can't wait to see what happens.

Well... I think that's about it. Or as much as I can think of at the moment. Oh and I hope to rp and/or chat with all of you soon! Thanks for welcoming me here!
Glenn Carter
Posted: Nov 26 2011, 01:22 PM

Narrator
Group Icon

Group: NPC
Member No.: 2

WELL THIS IS AWKWARD. I missed this!

Hi guys! Maa here, or Maalin as a whole bunch of people know me as.

I'm 24 (I accidentally wrote 14 first) years old. I'm Swedish. I have two cats and a lot of books and computer games. I've been writing for about half my life, started out with small time RPGs that took place over ICQ and that kind of stone age stuff. During my time on the RPing field, I've come to get to know a whole lot of people, one of them Anna, who convinced me that starting a Walking Dead RPG would be epic. I love the shows and I've always kind of wanted to play on a board with gore, zombie and the damn apocalypse.

God, I'm so awful at these. Uhm, I've done a lot of stuff. I have nearly a full degree in pre-school teaching, got a half semester on the nursing program, lot of courses but as of now I'm mostly a swimming teacher and have been so for nearly three years. I like kids! I also like animals. I can ride a horse and I can drive one too. With cart and all. I am a big Marvel fan. I like comics and movies. I read a lot. I do a lot. Maybe I am Superman. You'll never know :l

although superman is a wuss who even wants to be him

<3!
Andrea Nickols
Posted: Nov 30 2011, 07:01 AM

Unregistered

Hello! I'm Dani R... short for Danielle. I'm a 24 year old English major/dog groomer. I had to take some time off school so I'm only a sophomore, but I'm finally getting back to really working on my degree. I go to school during the week and shave doggies for PetSmart on weekends!

In my free time I'm usually either RPing, writing short stories/working on my fiction novel, reading, or watching movies. I have a movie review blog (that sorely needs to be updated) and I prefer independent and foreign film to American blockbusters. I also love watching dramas on TV, and I'm currently addicted to Walking Dead (obviously), Breaking Bad, and American Horror Story. My favorite TV show of all time is Firefly, and my favorite still-running show is It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

I started reading The Walking Dead back when the second graphic novel came out. I've been reading comics since I was 12 and RPing since I was 12, so it was only a matter of time before the two came together!

Since I am an English major, I do LOVE reading. My favorite kinds of books tend to be postmodern, but I also love some good fantasy. I love the Game of Thrones series, the Kushiel's series by Jacqueline Carey, The Black Jewels books, the Mercy Thompson books by Patricia Briggs.... but I also love Japanese post-modernism like In the Miso Soup and Out by Natsuo Kirino...

I try to be open minded and I love to discuss books, television, and movies, so feel free to hit me up any time! smile.gif
Caelyna Stonewell
Posted: Dec 3 2011, 09:58 AM

Unregistered

Hello everybody!

It's your friendly stray! Uhm.. I'm not sure how much there is to say about me. I love to write, I've been rping since I was probably about 12 or 13 years old starting in chatrooms on AOL and then ims once the chat limits began hindering my creative process. lol. But I've been writing a lot longer than that, even though the stories were terrible and really short. -laughs-

I have a surplus of characters at my fingertips, mostly boys these days. I enjoyed playing them more for a while. Caelyna is actually the first female character I've made in a few years that wasn't a npc to compliment one of my main characters.

I'm kind of a jack of all trades, master of none. I've worked in retail, horse training, zoo keeping, clerical, data entry, cleaning services, last summer I did a short course in pharmacy technology--but found that it's impossible to get a job without experience--and now I'm working for UPS delivering packages!

I read quite a few different manga series and have a few animes that I'm following. I read normal books too, but I'm always worried I'm going to pick up a book I don't like so I don't buy too many. I'd love to get into the Game of Thrones series eventually, but I already have a small pile of books stacking up that I need to read. I used to play MMOs like City of Heroes, Guild Wars and the ilk but I don't have a computer that's capable of running such heavy programs anymore so I've kinda let it fall to the wayside. I do tend to get glued to my DS that I have a million games for on occasion. Especially when I decide to pick up Professor Layton or River King.

Uhm.. I like to ramble and I can be a bit shy, though I've tried to be pretty open around here. This is my first forum rp in a long time, but I'm really looking forward to it and would love to play with anyone who's interested. Also, feel free to drop by just to chat. My aim name is in my profile and I'd love to hear from you guys!

Oh yea.. I ALSO LIKE TO WRITE IN SMALL FONTS. SORRY!

Colt Jackson
Posted: Dec 9 2011, 08:22 AM

Unregistered

Who is KG?

I am! Iím KG, Iím 23, turning 24 on the 21st (thatís a lot of twenties in a row). Iím a stay at home Mom with a 4 year old and a 3 month old, both boys, and Iíll probably brag about them if you let me. xD Sorry, I know you probably donít care. Iíve been married for 5 years andÖman Iím making myself sound DULL!

Iím a musician. I give music lessons as a small job and currently teach Clarinet and Alto Saxophone, though in the past Iíve also taught Voice, Piano, and Guitar. Music is my niche, it comes naturally to me and I absolutely adore it. I donít actually listen to the radio, hip hop bothers me and unless Iím in the mood rock music sometimes just bothers me. But Iíll listen and feign appreciation for any type of music simply because I donít want to be musically ignorant. ^-^

Umm, Iím real into TV. Walking Dead, obviously (when did AMC get all the good shows O.o?), but my other loves are Doctor Who (oh lord donít get me started. AMAZING, that one), Community, The Office, How I Met Your Mother, Once Upon a Time (best new show this year, I think), New Girl, Glee.. God thereís a lot of shows. Youíd think all I do is sit and watch TV but I so donít. I just give up lots of sleep for it.

And where does my degree of nerd fall? Somewhere between in denial and awesome. Like I said, I watch Doctor Who, I RP, I play World of Warcraft, and I love X-Box too. And Iíll hand out my Gamertag to any other fellow X-Boxíers!

Okay thatís all. If you got through that hereís a pretty GIF for you.

user posted image
Roxanna Sheppard
Posted: Dec 9 2011, 08:55 AM

Atlanta Raiders
Group Icon

Group: Raider
Member No.: 101

Heeeellooooo! I'm Kath. I'm currently living in Ohio, where I grew up. I went to college in Utah and studied screenwriting. I'm finishing up my last two courses through independent study from home while I work (in retail) and save up money to move to Los Angeles, which will hopefully be happening in February. Yes, I moved back in with my parents. >< Haha.

When I'm not working, I'll probably be on the computer, lurking on this board and a Hunger Games board I admin with KG and another friend called Bread & Circuses. We just started the first annual Hunger Games, so it's set back right at the end of the war. We've done lots of sites over the years together--oh yes! My favorite canon characters to play are: Draco Malfoy (hp) and Bobby Drake (x-men). I will defend Draco to the end about being a good person, albeit a coward.

I also spend that time in front of my laptop trying to write screenplays. I'm working on one set at the start of WWII right now.

And I watch TV! I'm here because KG convinced me to give The Walking Dead a chance even though I'm a huge wuss when it comes to scary things, but I love it! I also love Once Upon a Time and DOCTOR WHO WHICH IS THE BEST SHOW EVERRRRR. EVERRRRRRRRR. Gah I love it so much!

I also love to read, obviously Harry Potter is much-beloved, and also The Chronicles of Narnia, which I LOVE. Aslan <3.

Oh, and I'm 22. And a girl. If that wasn't BLATANTLY obvious by now!

This post has been edited by Roxanna Sheppard on Dec 9 2011, 08:57 AM
Novalee Grayson
Posted: Jan 3 2012, 11:31 PM

Group Icon

Group: Survivor
Member No.: 119

Hai there!

Iím Hannah the banana. I will be 23 in March. I'm a Brit living in da Bay Area of sunny California. I work full time at some bakery in a lame ass grocery store. Best part about that is I get to decorate cakes! I currently am attending a community college somewhere around here and it's taking me far too long to get my damn AA degree. What else?! Uh..I'm obsessed with horror and sci fi. My dad introduced me to Night of the Living Dead and pretty much all of Romero's great works when I was seven years old. Scared the shit out of me, but fell in love with it nonetheless. Me and zombies have a love/hate relationship.

More about me: I love pugs. Own 3. (Lucy, Dudley, and Tubbs.) Also have a lab-shepard mix whom I adore as well. I love Harry Potter and all things to do with him and his world of magic. I own all The Walking Dead Chronicles and was a huge fan before the show. Now, I'm a bigger one. Been role playing for a good 10 years now. Mostly Harry Potter, and just this past year started on a few zombie ones. <33

Interesting fact: I love the smell of gun powder and have a safe full of LEGAL firearms. Shit hits the fan, come to my place.

This post has been edited by Novalee Grayson on Jan 3 2012, 11:37 PM
Silas Grey
Posted: Jan 4 2012, 11:44 PM

Unregistered

Hulllooo. I'm Savannah. I'm twenty years old and live in the Florida panhandle. I was directed towards this site by the lovely mister Beta. I actually only caught the last two or three episodes before the end of this past season, but I've read the graphic novel since then and I really liked it. So I figured, why not try this out xD.

Not much to be said. I've been roleplaying for a few years, although for the past 4 or 5, I've stuck with a single rpg. This is my first time venturing out. Writing isn't my only hobby. I also like horseback riding and hanging out with my bestie and playing with my godson (he'll be 2 in April biggrin.gif). I'm currently an English major at my current university and should my activity seem sort of lacking this semester, it's because I have to work my arse off twice as hard to get my GPA back up from screwing it up last semester.

Once I get my academic standing up, I'd really like to move up north. Boston's my goal, but it really depends on which school/s I get accepted into. I'm very much into travel and am currently pindering work exchange in order to see more places. I've been up and down the east coast, out to texas, Arizona, New Mexico and California, and up to Oregon, Washington, and Calgary in BC. I have to say, Boston, Philadelphia and Canada are my top three favorite places I've been so far.

Well, I guess that's it... Look forward to getting to know you guys :3
Ambrose Parke
Posted: Mar 22 2012, 11:33 PM

Unregistered

Well, I guess I'd introduce myself and not be a total stranger!

You will know me officially as Ambrose, though if you were to see my photography you would know my real name. If you want to see my photography, I won't mind showing you!

I'm a huge fan of the Walking Dead. I missed only half of one episode but all other episodes I was able to catch. I loved the finale for Season 2. If it wasn't for that episode I really wouldn't be here!

I'm in community college majoring for Business Administration. For thsi semester I have just online classes and intend to have just online classes again next semester. Gas is bad around here, even though the college is right down the road. I would rather have more free time on my hands than sit in a classroom for an hour or so, and I would like to move at my own pace if applicable. It can get really confusing, though, and frustrating if certain things aren't like they should be (like new assignments popping up already overdue or a missing discussion forum that is required for an assignment). I can tell you my college is not organized, even online.

Anyway, I'm 22 years old and I'm from the US. I'm working out to become a skinny or lean model, and I also work as a freelance photographer. I have a youth modeling project in my photography so I work with kids a lot which might be good for me since I want to be a foster/adoptive father someday.

And yes, I'm a DUDE. Probably the only dude around here. Dx
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | General Discussion | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.6002 seconds | Archive