DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Something a little different
Sab
Posted: Dec 23 2011, 09:43 PM

Unregistered

Hi there! So glad I found this place, you guys all seem great. :)

Anyway, I've had this character concept floating around in my head and been looking for the perfect place to implement it...

The character I'm looking at playing is actually a dog. A German Shepherd, to be specific. He was probably a police or military K9 before the whole zombie apocalypse.

I realize having a dog for a primary character might be a bit unorthodox and there would be obvious limitations to how this character could interact with others (after all, he can't carry on a good conversation or anything), but I think it would be a unique challenge.

There are obvious reasons a survivor or group of survivors might want to keep a dog around if they found one -- teach the dog to alert (quietly) if walkers are nearby, make the dog go into iffy situations first to see if there is any danger, the dog could help track game animals in the woods to provide food, ect. There are also some obvious cons to having a dog around -- if food is scarce you clearly can't spare any to feed a dog, what if the dog is completely stupid and just starts barking its head off at the first sign of walkers? That would be a horrible disaster.

I think it would be interesting to see how different people would justify keeping him around/not keeping him around. :)

Soo, that's the general idea. Would something like this be allowed? Would anyone be interested in interacting with this character? Addendums? Thoughts? I'd love to hear what everyone has to say about it.
Andrea Nickols
Posted: Dec 25 2011, 05:59 PM

Unregistered

I actually think it's a pretty neat idea. Both of my characters would interact with the dog, though a great deal differently... Andy's got history with police dogs, but Beth'd probably want to take it in, haha.
Wade Taylor
Posted: Dec 26 2011, 10:22 PM

Group Icon

Group: Raider
Member No.: 102

I really like the idea too. I think as long as your are prepared to take on the challenge, it would be a very interesting plot twist. Just get the admin's to approve it. But all in all, I love it!
Caelyna Stonewell
Posted: Dec 27 2011, 07:57 AM

Unregistered

If the admins were up to allowing it I'm definitely all for the idea! Caely would love to take in any stray she found and she'd probably relate better or at least be closer to a dog than she would be most people. lol.
Axel
Posted: Dec 27 2011, 11:23 PM

Unregistered

So glad you guys like the idea!

I may have made an account and wrote an application out in hopes the admins give it a thumbs up. wink.gif
Glenn Carter
Posted: Dec 28 2011, 10:56 AM

Narrator
Group Icon

Group: NPC
Member No.: 2

While it sounds like you could do something great with this character, my initial answer is going to be no. I don't mind creativity but since is a human/zombie focus means we would have to expand and think about what rules we want to apply. Furthermore, more people might want to play animals as well and then we are standing there with applicants which of one wishes to be a giraffe, someone a cat and possibly someone wants to make a lady dog for you.

Don't get me wrong, it's an interesting idea but I'm saying no. However, if you want to create a survivor with that particular dog, that's fine.

-Maa
Axel
Posted: Dec 28 2011, 11:07 AM

Unregistered

Aww, bummer. But I understand. Thank you for the consideration.

You can go ahead and delete this account I made then, I shall continue my search for somewhere to RP. smile.gif You guys really do have a great board here and I wish you the best of luck!
Glenn Carter
Posted: Dec 28 2011, 11:10 AM

Narrator
Group Icon

Group: NPC
Member No.: 2

I was going to say, if you want to play a dog, there's plenty of RPs with that only... horses, and frogs, dogs and yeah. Good luck!

Sab
Posted: Dec 28 2011, 03:33 PM

Unregistered

I was really looking for the interaction with human characters in a realistic setting vs animal/animal interaction. But I'm sure I'll eventually find something!

Whenever I get my inspiration back to play any of my human characters I will check in with this place again. smile.gif
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Help | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register Now

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1593 seconds | Archive