|· Portal||Help Search Members Calendar|
|Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )||Resend Validation Email|
Posted: Mar 13 2012, 09:28 AM
Member No.: 1
Joined: 7-March 11
Once again, hello one and all! This is another lovely update brought to you by the staff!
This time around we have a few things we want to talk about, namely in what you see changing about the board. There's a reason for this and it's going to be supremely difficult to get it all out in a few sentences, so please bear with me.
First things first: everyone welcome Sunny to the staff! She is an official moderator on the board and should be treated with the same courtesy and respect as other staff! She's here to answer any questions you may have as well as assist you in any way possible with applications and other updates.
With Sunny having joined us I bring the sad news of Maa's departure. Life has taken a lot of time away from her and she has left the board entirely, no longer staff or around. Wish her the best of luck with her life outside the internet (Lord knows I could use one, xD)!
• If you lost more than one character you must wait the appropriate time between character creation as outlined by our rules. This is to stop a sudden influx of applications and of course to stop inactivity with characters you may have accepted already.
• You may re-apply for your character(s) granted they are not claimed (in the case of canons and pre-mades).
To get into Greenville after agreeing to work together each raider must wander in by their lonesome, pretending to be a lost little soul just like the rest of the survivors coming through. Without looking rough or tough, and if they do look too far out there to be a normal survivor a good offer of what work they can do is possible. Everyone is welcome to Greenville — certain people simply can't go past the slums into the higher part of the city, including the Trade Market.
Because the raiders will be joining forces I would like to hear your opinions on the matter. Do you have an idea for a name for the group? Do you want to see something else happen with them? What do you think overall of the idea to combine the raider group?
The Walking Dead on television has alerted the staff to the fact having thirty individuals in a group over just five to ten is not a viable way for raiders to work. They use their numbers to overpower others and this is an excellent way to remedy our slight miscalculation. So let us know!
MASTER THREAD LIST
• Make sure to use the CF and TBC tags as per our rules. This assists the staff in figuring out which thread comes before and after which other ones, and it also means we don't have to bug you every two seconds regarding every thread your character has been in. Help us help you, and remember: should you find anything wrong with your thread timeline, just PM an administrator and we will be glad to assist in rectifying the mistake.
• As often as we can the staff will update each character's timeline, sometimes before and sometimes after a new thread has gone up. The staff are only human and while we work diligently to keep everything up to date you have to bear with us: we can only do so much. Usually when a new thread goes up the staff will put it in the correct timeline for the characters involved, but sometimes it takes us a short bit to get to it. If we're missing a thread, simply PM a staff member and we can add it for you!
• Closing threads is one of the most important things, including the TBC there as well. This lets the staff know we can close off the thread and we can keep it on the board. Should a thread not be considered closed, even if it's "finished", then the staff will see it as needing to be archived, in which case the thread will be moved to the hidden archives forum as it doesn't count as part of board history. Remember to close out a thread with the TBC tag at the last post so the staff know they can close the threads and not archive them.
Aside from those things above everything else is going great. So glad to see a lot of you still around, to see all the new applicants, and to be partaking in so many excellent threads! You all are wonderful and are doing a great job.
So sorry this is really long and seems like a lot. I just wanted to be thorough and to give you all an idea of what we have in store for the future, what is new, and what we are expecting in some areas.
Thank you so much for listening to the ramble and rant of a madwoman, and enjoy Ira Silenti!
Ira Silenti Staff