Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
| Welcome to Hoggywarty. We hope you enjoy your visit.|
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:
, Read before regestering!
Your Fearless Leader
Member No.: 1
Joined: 22-February 11
| RulesRegistering and Character Creation
- When creating a log in, use your characters first and last name.
- One account per character.
- When registering please use the proper forum (student vs. adult)
- Do not post anywhere else IC untill you are sorted.
- Yes, adults and professors are sorted. This just means that's the house they were once in when they attended Hogwarts.
- Special character types are dealt with on a case by case basis. (such as vampires, animagi, werewolves, parselmouths, etc.) Please PM a staff member before applying with a special character type.
- No "transfer" students. Whatever school that they went to in their first year, is the school they go to until they graduate.
- no Late starts. Every wizard child in the area is written down in a book by a magic quill, and they receive their letter when they are eleven. They can't just start out their first year in the school older than 11.
- The year is 2019, which is 2 years after the book 7 epilogue.
- You may only apply for canons listed on the canon page. If you want a canon character not listed, PM a staff member explaining their relevance and provide evidence that they are not dead/too old/unimportant
- Canons are not required to have the playby of the movie actors but it is recommended, therefor, you may not use movie actors for characters that are not canon.
- Students are not allowed to be at home during the school year unless it is stated in the first post that it takes place at a different time of year.
- This is a writing game so you should post as if you were writing a book. So dialog should be in quotes. ("Hi there!" said Kate.) You don't have to indent and use proper paragraphs but if you can that's the best thing to do. (crack open a novel if you don't know what I mean) Your posts should not be in chat speak, posts that look like this: (HeY gUys!!!111 R U ready 4 ths??) will be deleted. Likewise, the OCC boards should be literate as well. Try your best with grammar and spelling but messing up now and then is not a big deal. (I'm such a bad speller so I understand.)
- The minimum word count is 20 words. Content and execution is preferred over length. Be sure to write enough for the other player to go off of. Length does not equal literacy; thought and good writing does.
- No god-moding or meta-gaming.
- If a thread is not 'open' you should not join without the permission of the thread starter.
- Be Active! Let us know if you are going to be absent for a long period of time. People who have not posted in two months will have their characters taken away.
- You may have your character be in more than one thread at a time, just be sure to keep track of what day/time it takes place in so there is no overlapping.
- This board is rated PG-13 to R. Explicit sexual content and extreme detailed violence is not allowed. Any heavy adult material must have a [M] warning in the subject of the post.
- Please clam your playby as soon as possible. Photos must not be personal, they must be of people used to the public eye.
- The age of your playby must fall close to your characters age. They can not be more than ten years older or 5 years younger.
- Avatars must be no larger than 150x200
- Signitures must be no larger than 500x250
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
skinned by novia of rpg-d
House point hourglasses were made by DarkSongstress of rpg-d
Forum Markers and Sorting Hat Stamps were made by DesiTack of rpg-d
Crest Pips were made by Scaramouche54 of rpg-d
Buttons were made by Emilita of rpg-d
Word Pips were made by MEGALITTLESPARROW of POTTERWATCH
Some icons by likealight