We will not tolerate immature arguing, name calling, or flaming of any type. If you have a dispute handle it via private message, or contact an admin/mod. Do not just post a comment about who, what, or why. If you must post a comment/concern about an individual involved in a deal, do so in a mature and professional manner. Otherwise the comment maybe deleted or the entire thread maybe closed.
1. Highland_Island4x4s nor any of its staff will be held responsible for any deals good or bad unless they are directly involved in the transaction.
2. Act mature. Do your research, it is your responsibility ensure you have a honest transaction.
3. All disputes should be handled via "PM" or email, DO NOT start a thread just to bicker back and forth about a poorly handled transaction. If you can not come to an agreement with regards to an unsatisfactory transaction you may contact anyone one of Island4x4's admistration or moderators for further assistance, but keep in mind we can't right all wrongs.
4. If your transaction has been completed and both parties are happy please change the title of the post to "delete" so that we can remove it.
5. Members accused of scamming will be given a fair chance to plead their case, it will be reviewed by all admin and mods and then we will decide what course of action should best be taken, this could range from limiting access to certain forums, suspension from the Buy/Sell/Trade forums, to a account suspension or even banning.
Remember this is a sellers world, do your research, ask good to the point questions and try to get pictures, check references, it's your responsibility to protect yourself from a scammer.
Regarding Trading Tips and Dealing with Trolls/Scammers
Quick Tips for trading
(1) Always use delivery confirmation, and always keep the proof that you shipped.
(2) Always ask for a real name, home address, and possibly a telephone number..
(3) If the seller is suspicious, please search for info about him. If deal sounds too good to be true, chances are that it is.
(4) Donít jump to conclusions, email the seller if you have problems, if you have their phone number, give them a call.
(1) No matter what, get a name, address and phone number and then confirm the information by phoning the telephone number and checking if it is actually them.
(2) Don't ship first without getting good references. You can get money back through different means if your money is taken, but your SOL if you ship before receiving payment.
(3) Use a credit card with paypal when at all possible.
(4) If you cannot use a credit card, use a check since they are traceable and can prove your case if it comes down to contacting the police.
(5) Don't accept a mobile phone for the phone number. It's much easier to change or cancel than a home phone number.
(6) Keep a record of all conversation with the person pertaining to the trade. It provides backup when having to deal with the police.
(7) Be wary of anyone with a recent forum registration date. Post count means little, date of registration does.
(8) If a deal seems too good to be true, chances are that it is......so be wary.
OUTING A TROLL
(1) If you have a problem with a buyer or seller and believe them to be a Troll, do NOT post a thread or comment about said user unless you have PROOF that the person is indeed a troll. Posting a suspicion without proper backup only makes you look bad on the forum.
(2) Claiming someone is a troll because they are selling something "too good to be true" or any other suspicious reason is not allowed.
(3) When "outing" a troll you must provide PROOF that the troll did indeed rip you off. This means that you started a trade, either with money or merchandise and you did not receive the item promised. Hearsay or rumor are NOT grounds for crying troll.
(4) In lots of cases items are sent out, but maybe not as quickly as hoped. Give the trade sufficient time to pan out before claiming someone is a troll. I suggest at least waiting 2-4 weeks before even thinking about claiming someone as a troll.
(5) Believe it or not, things do happen that cause people delay in shipping on a promised date. This does not make them a troll. They should provide a satisfactory explanation for such activity, but it's not necessary as long as the trade is completed. Such is life.
(6) If you have a problem with the speed at which someone trades, feel free to note that in feedback left for them.
(7) The key here is to remember that everyone is innocent until proven guilty!!!
(8) Remember and make use of these tips and no one will get hurt.
Regarding "Bad Trader" Threads
We really do not want bad trader threads on this forum unless there is adequate proof that there has actually been an instance of trolling. If you have proof that you have been a victim of a scam, by all means make it known. The operative word here is proof. If you followed the tips and warnings listed above, you should have no problems in providing the needed proof.