zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Haven Of Wiidom. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Violence or Not, Wii games

Should Nintendo get more violent games for the wii?
Yes [ 6 ]  [66.67%]
No [ 3 ]  [33.33%]
Total Votes: 9
Guests cannot vote 
hellbentnow
Posted on Jan 15 2008, 07:41 PM

The Manga Maniac of Haven

Group: Members
Member No.: 19

What do you think should they? Or not? Should they keep the appearance of the Wii as family based or extend the hardcore action teens? You decide

--------------------
And I say HEY! (HEY!)
What a wonderful kind of day
If we can learn to work and play
And get along with each other.
Hey what a wonderful kind of day hey!
hamboy
Posted on Jan 15 2008, 07:45 PM

Unregistered

They should cater for both markets.
Wingman
Posted on Jan 15 2008, 07:51 PM

I'm better than you. That's all I know.

Group: Admin
Member No.: 14

Family friendly has definitely worked, seeing as the Wii has sold about 11 million units in the US and about 30 million worldwide. My only gripe is that the controller is unconventional compared to regular controllers, and it's kinda awkward to place your normal games with the different controller. But the wireless, motion sensing Wiimote sure is innovative.

--------------------
"Never in the course of human history has so much been owed by so many to so few."- Winston Churchill, commenting on the heroic struggles of the RAF against the German Luftwaffe.

----
I don't smoke, I don't chew... and I don't date girls who do.

----

War produces classic remarks by military commanders; on February 26, 1991, the US 1st Armored Division, the famous Big Red One, encountered the allegedly elite Iraqi Republican Guard. The divisional commander, Major General Ronald Griffiths, radioed his deputy, who was riding with the armored spearhead. "I understand we are engaging the Medina Division?" he said, referring to one of the crack Iraqi Guard divisions. "Negative, sir," came the reply. "We are destroying the Medina Division."
Great proof that despite their quantity, the Soviet tanks that NATO planners feared above all else could be shredded by the M1 Abrams, Challenger 2, Leopard 2, LeClerc, Ariete, and Merkava with ease. Patton would be proud.

Supera the Second
Posted on Jan 15 2008, 10:03 PM

Okami... Best Wii game I've played so far!

Member No.: 1

well i would say more mature games, but just hope they're good.

--------------------
DataSnake
Posted on Jan 15 2008, 11:20 PM

Emperor of Mankind

Member No.: 9

QUOTE (Supera the Second @ Jan 15 2008, 10:03 PM)

BioShock, Halo series, Half-Life 2, Resident Evil series...lots of good mature games out there.

--------------------
I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
hellbentnow
Posted on Jan 16 2008, 12:05 AM

QUOTE (DataSnake @ Jan 15 2008, 11:20 PM)

BioShock, Halo series, Half-Life 2, Resident Evil series...lots of good mature games out there.

For the Wii dry.gif

--------------------
And I say HEY! (HEY!)
DataSnake
Posted on Jan 16 2008, 12:35 AM

Emperor of Mankind

Member No.: 9

QUOTE (hellbentnow @ Jan 16 2008, 12:05 AM)

For the Wii dry.gif

kinda my point, port those to wii, see what happens.

--------------------
I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
hellbentnow
Posted on Jan 16 2008, 01:54 AM

QUOTE (DataSnake @ Jan 16 2008, 12:35 AM)
QUOTE (hellbentnow @ Jan 16 2008, 12:05 AM)

For the Wii dry.gif

kinda my point, port those to wii, see what happens.

The Halo Series Will NEVER come to any Nintendo system. There is just no way.

--------------------
And I say HEY! (HEY!)
The Sharpshooter
Posted on Jan 16 2008, 02:25 AM

Unregistered

Yeah, I can't see Master Chief wielding a Nunchuck after sniping someone, would love to, but just can't. Kratos on the other hand....
Wingman
Posted on Jan 16 2008, 03:01 AM

I'm better than you. That's all I know.

Member No.: 14

Ace Combat series. Nuff' Said.

--------------------
"Never in the course of human history has so much been owed by so many to so few."- Winston Churchill, commenting on the heroic struggles of the RAF against the German Luftwaffe.

----
I don't smoke, I don't chew... and I don't date girls who do.

----

War produces classic remarks by military commanders; on February 26, 1991, the US 1st Armored Division, the famous Big Red One, encountered the allegedly elite Iraqi Republican Guard. The divisional commander, Major General Ronald Griffiths, radioed his deputy, who was riding with the armored spearhead. "I understand we are engaging the Medina Division?" he said, referring to one of the crack Iraqi Guard divisions. "Negative, sir," came the reply. "We are destroying the Medina Division."
Great proof that despite their quantity, the Soviet tanks that NATO planners feared above all else could be shredded by the M1 Abrams, Challenger 2, Leopard 2, LeClerc, Ariete, and Merkava with ease. Patton would be proud.

Supera the Second
Posted on Jan 16 2008, 04:03 AM

Okami... Best Wii game I've played so far!

Member No.: 1

The Wii already has Resident Evil 4 and and that relatively new, yet awesome Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles

--------------------
videogameman
Posted on Feb 28 2009, 05:33 PM

Lifelong Expert

Member No.: 55

Yes. Most of thier games are cgeap marketing games, not to say that E for everyone games suck.

--------------------

You're truely evil if you've destroyed books!-Bookman, a charecter I made.

Why is it that video games always take the fall? TV and movies are just as bad! So, i videogameman, became Wack Thompson, and campainged agianst movies and TV, removing attention from video games and saving the field.-videogameman, another charecter I made.
SilverSurfer092
Posted on Feb 28 2009, 11:53 PM

IT'S OVER 9000!!!!!!

Member No.: 67

QUOTE (videogameman @ Feb 28 2009, 05:33 PM)
Yes. Most of thier games are cgeap marketing games, not to say that E for everyone games suck.

Not at all. There are some very very good E games, namely sports games. Now, if you could do us all a huge favor, stop digging up old threads.

--------------------
nicker
Posted on Feb 28 2009, 11:56 PM

Expert

Member No.: 223

QUOTE (SilverSurfer092 @ Feb 28 2009, 11:53 PM)
QUOTE (videogameman @ Feb 28 2009, 05:33 PM)

Not at all. There are some very very good E games, namely sports games. Now, if you could do us all a huge favor, stop digging up old threads.

What he said.

--------------------
« Next Oldest | Rantings and Ravings | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0356 seconds · Archive