Create your own social network with a free forum.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Haven Of Wiidom. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (49) « First ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Who are you?
Wingman
Posted: Jan 12 2008, 12:27 AM

I'm better than you. That's all I know.

Group: Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (SilverSurfer092 @ Jan 11 2008, 10:57 PM)
QUOTE (Wingman @ Jan 11 2008, 10:07 PM)
QUOTE (SilverSurfer092 @ Jan 11 2008, 09:40 PM)
Wingman, why no liking of gay marriage or abortion?

Without getting into a revolving fight and shouting match over ideals, I just say this:
I'm gonna go out tonight, to Illinois or wherever the hell you said you live, and kill you. In the morning, I'll get away with it. No sentence. No jail. No penalty. Just because I said, "Silversurfer092, I don't like you, and what I like is more important than whether you get to live or not, and have a long, fun filled life."
That's basically what abortion is: legalized, state and government supported murder. Of children, no less! How bout I go to a preschool and kill a few kids. Will I get away with it? HELL NO!!! But tens of thousands of women who have one night stands and get pregnent have an easy way out of this dumb choice they made by killing a living, breathing child within them. But what the hell do I know? I'm only 15.

Fine, no revolving fight. A civilized argument. I think that if a girl gets raped, she shouldn't have to keep the baby. A baby completely changes the life of a woman. Should she have to put up with it if it was forced upon her? And what about gay marriages? I have no idea how anyone can be against it. Do they gain something from it?

In matters of rape, the girl should have the child and give it up for adoption. There are many eager parents to be willng to take such a child. I think that if you refuse to carry a child to term because of "the discomfort" or "child pains", then that woman, regardless of the circumstances, is extremely selfish. My mother has often told me that if she was going to die when she had me, she wouldn't have hesitated a bit. I wish all mothers had her guts. And the numbers for child deaths or birth complications in the U.S. are ridiculously low, so that shouldn't be a factor against having a child. Would that girl feel good living the rest of her life with the realization that she murdered, MURDERED, her unborn child when she had a perfectly viable course of action, adoption, to take?

And on gay marriage. My belief stems largely from my mom's views. She is a retired psycologist with a Masters degree, and practiced for about 15 years before quitting. Disregarding the Biblical viewpoint, where God repeatedly condemns gay marriage and sex as on of the worst sins, I think that gay behavior is unnatural. I'm not a gay hater, and I happen to know a few openly gay friends quite well. A boy who grows up to be gay typically did not have a father figure in his life, courtesy, once again, of the feminists of our culture, who make women think they can have sex whenever they want, and then raise a child without two parents. Two parents is a vital part of the way God created the world, and the absense of a father, in many cases, coupled to a sheltering by the mother from other father figures, leads to the boy not coming into contact with the male characteristics and traits that he would otherwise witness, learn, and emulate from from his father. Also,people in today's culture believe that, "whatever you feel, do it". Well, once again, if I suddenly feel, "Hey, I really have an urge to go kill some people for the fun of it!", I can't act on that urge. I repress it, because I know it to be wrong. But the decay of Christian values and morals in the culture today don't stop that behavior, and actually encourage it. "Well, just because I feel a certain way, NO ONE has the right to tell me otherwise", is the way they think. Well, that's just stupid. Se my above argument. And with training and counciling, usually by Christians, many gays and lesbians have reverted to normal behavior and now live happy, married lives with people of the opposite sex.

Silversurfer, I'm not going to hate you if we have differing opinions, because this isn't a politics site, it's a comic and sci-fi site. But I'm putting my opinion out there for all to see, just as you have. Take from it what you like.

--------------------
"Never in the course of human history has so much been owed by so many to so few."- Winston Churchill, commenting on the heroic struggles of the RAF against the German Luftwaffe.

----
I don't smoke, I don't chew... and I don't date girls who do.

----

War produces classic remarks by military commanders; on February 26, 1991, the US 1st Armored Division, the famous Big Red One, encountered the allegedly elite Iraqi Republican Guard. The divisional commander, Major General Ronald Griffiths, radioed his deputy, who was riding with the armored spearhead. "I understand we are engaging the Medina Division?" he said, referring to one of the crack Iraqi Guard divisions. "Negative, sir," came the reply. "We are destroying the Medina Division."
Great proof that despite their quantity, the Soviet tanks that NATO planners feared above all else could be shredded by the M1 Abrams, Challenger 2, Leopard 2, LeClerc, Ariete, and Merkava with ease. Patton would be proud.

SilverSurfer092
Posted: Jan 12 2008, 12:32 AM

Unregistered

QUOTE (Wingman @ Jan 12 2008, 12:27 AM)
QUOTE (SilverSurfer092 @ Jan 11 2008, 10:57 PM)
QUOTE (Wingman @ Jan 11 2008, 10:07 PM)
QUOTE (SilverSurfer092 @ Jan 11 2008, 09:40 PM)
Wingman, why no liking of gay marriage or abortion?

Without getting into a revolving fight and shouting match over ideals, I just say this:
I'm gonna go out tonight, to Illinois or wherever the hell you said you live, and kill you. In the morning, I'll get away with it. No sentence. No jail. No penalty. Just because I said, "Silversurfer092, I don't like you, and what I like is more important than whether you get to live or not, and have a long, fun filled life."
That's basically what abortion is: legalized, state and government supported murder. Of children, no less! How bout I go to a preschool and kill a few kids. Will I get away with it? HELL NO!!! But tens of thousands of women who have one night stands and get pregnent have an easy way out of this dumb choice they made by killing a living, breathing child within them. But what the hell do I know? I'm only 15.

Fine, no revolving fight. A civilized argument. I think that if a girl gets raped, she shouldn't have to keep the baby. A baby completely changes the life of a woman. Should she have to put up with it if it was forced upon her? And what about gay marriages? I have no idea how anyone can be against it. Do they gain something from it?

In matters of rape, the girl should have the child and give it up for adoption. There are many eager parents to be willng to take such a child. I think that if you refuse to carry a child to term because of "the discomfort" or "child pains", then that woman, regardless of the circumstances, is extremely selfish. My mother has often told me that if she was going to die when she had me, she wouldn't have hesitated a bit. I wish all mothers had her guts. And the numbers for child deaths or birth complications in the U.S. are ridiculously low, so that shouldn't be a factor against having a child. Would that girl feel good living the rest of her life with the realization that she murdered, MURDERED, her unborn child when she had a perfectly viable course of action, adoption, to take?

And on gay marriage. My belief stems largely from my mom's views. She is a retired psycologist with a Masters degree, and practiced for about 15 years before quitting. Disregarding the Biblical viewpoint, where God repeatedly condemns gay marriage and sex as on of the worst sins, I think that gay behavior is unnatural. I'm not a gay hater, and I happen to know a few openly gay friends quite well. A boy who grows up to be gay typically did not have a father figure in his life, courtesy, once again, of the feminists of our culture, who make women think they can have sex whenever they want, and then raise a child without two parents. Two parents is a vital part of the way God created the world, and the absense of a father, in many cases, coupled to a sheltering by the mother from other father figures, leads to the boy not coming into contact with the male characteristics and traits that he would otherwise witness, learn, and emulate from from his father. Also,people in today's culture believe that, "whatever you feel, do it". Well, once again, if I suddenly feel, "Hey, I really have an urge to go kill some people for the fun of it!", I can't act on that urge. I repress it, because I know it to be wrong. But the decay of Christian values and morals in the culture today don't stop that behavior, and actually encourage it. "Well, just because I feel a certain way, NO ONE has the right to tell me otherwise", is the way they think. Well, that's just stupid. Se my above argument. And with training and counciling, usually by Christians, many gays and lesbians have reverted to normal behavior and now live happy, married lives with people of the opposite sex.

Silversurfer, I'm not going to hate you if we have differing opinions, because this isn't a politics site, it's a comic and sci-fi site. But I'm putting my opinion out there for all to see, just as you have. Take from it what you like.

Of course. I never thought of hating you because of differing views. Also, I'm pretty sure that God says that homosexuality isn't a sin, it's just frowned upon in the New Testament. Maybe wrong, but maybe right.
SilverSurfer092
Posted: Jan 12 2008, 12:34 AM

Unregistered

QUOTE (Gaurdian of Nesh @ Jan 12 2008, 12:27 AM)
QUOTE (SilverSurfer092 @ Jan 12 2008, 12:23 AM)
QUOTE (Gaurdian of Nesh @ Jan 12 2008, 12:19 AM)
thanks but you might get greif from haboy and sufer

I could care less who gets grief from me. I stick up for what I think/believe. You don't like it, tough. I could care less about you. You've had two posts and I already don't like you. You can't spell your own moniker and you've already said two bad things about me and hamboy. If Phalanx Blood doesn't like it, fine. I'll back off. But I could care less about you.

EDIT: Oh, and we are already Admins, so what is he going to get grief about?

making me but Iguess it desn't matter because I would like to coexsist in a civilizied way.

Well, you suck at starting it off. Did you get my messages, by the way? The inbox link is kind of small, but it's up right next to the bolded My Controls link.
Supera the Second
Posted: Jan 12 2008, 12:44 AM

Okami... Best Wii game I've played so far!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Hiya. Well i guess i'll see how it goes.

--------------------
Gaurdian of Nesh
Posted: Jan 12 2008, 12:52 AM

Unregistered

QUOTE (SilverSurfer092 @ Jan 12 2008, 12:34 AM)

I could care less who gets grief from me. I stick up for what I think/believe. You don't like it, tough. I could care less about you. You've had two posts and I already don't like you. You can't spell your own moniker and you've already said two bad things about me and hamboy. If Phalanx Blood doesn't like it, fine. I'll back off. But I could care less about you.

making me but Iguess it desn't matter because I would like to coexsist in a civilizied way.

Well, you suck at starting it off. Did you get my messages, by the way? The inbox link is kind of small, but it's up right next to the bolded My Controls link.

yeah, I got and I was messing around; i didn't mean to offend
SilverSurfer092
Posted: Jan 12 2008, 12:57 AM

Unregistered

QUOTE (Gaurdian of Nesh @ Jan 12 2008, 12:52 AM)

Okay, I'll forget about it. BUT did you get the one about me deleting your account OR you changing your name and spell it right?
Gaurdian of Nesh
Posted: Jan 12 2008, 12:59 AM

Unregistered

QUOTE (SilverSurfer092 @ Jan 12 2008, 12:57 AM)
QUOTE (Gaurdian of Nesh @ Jan 12 2008, 12:52 AM)

Okay, I'll forget about it. BUT did you get the one about me deleting your account OR you changing your name and spell it right?

yes.
SilverSurfer092
Posted: Jan 12 2008, 01:01 AM

Unregistered

Did you miss the "respond back" part?
Gaurdian of Nesh
Posted: Jan 12 2008, 01:03 AM

Unregistered

QUOTE (SilverSurfer092 @ Jan 12 2008, 01:01 AM)

I sent a PM back it is weird you didn't get it.
SilverSurfer092
Posted: Jan 12 2008, 01:06 AM

Unregistered

QUOTE (Gaurdian of Nesh @ Jan 12 2008, 01:03 AM)

Indeed. Okay, well screw the PM's. I'm going for it. So if you get kicked off, remember Guardian Of Nesh. U before the A. Okay, I'll give you a few minutes to check this. By few, I literally mean a few. Few=two.
Guardian Of Nesh
Posted: Jan 12 2008, 01:27 AM

Unregistered

QUOTE (SilverSurfer092 @ Jan 12 2008, 01:06 AM)

Indeed. Okay, well screw the PM's. I'm going for it. So if you get kicked off, remember Guardian Of Nesh. U before the A. Okay, I'll give you a few minutes to check this. By few, I literally mean a few. Few=two.

I"m back and it's fixed but I don't have Admin status anymore, oh, well if you could get around to fixing that somehow. I can wait.
SilverSurfer092
Posted: Jan 12 2008, 01:31 AM

Unregistered

QUOTE (Guardian Of Nesh @ Jan 12 2008, 01:27 AM)

I"m back and it's fixed but I don't have Admin status anymore, oh, well if you could get around to fixing that somehow. I can wait.

Should be fixed now.
Guardian Of Nesh
Posted: Jan 12 2008, 01:34 AM

Unregistered

QUOTE (SilverSurfer092 @ Jan 12 2008, 01:31 AM)

Should be fixed now.

thanks, what do you say to inviting darth drizze over here? I thought I'd ask because I consider you a senior admin.
SilverSurfer092
Posted: Jan 12 2008, 01:36 AM

Unregistered

QUOTE (Guardian Of Nesh @ Jan 12 2008, 01:34 AM)

Should be fixed now.

thanks, what do you say to inviting darth drizze over here? I thought I'd ask because I consider you a senior admin.

No. For the love of God, no.
Guardian Of Nesh
Posted: Jan 12 2008, 01:37 AM

Unregistered

QUOTE (SilverSurfer092 @ Jan 12 2008, 01:36 AM)
QUOTE (Guardian Of Nesh @ Jan 12 2008, 01:34 AM)

Should be fixed now.

No. For the love of God, no.

gotcha.
« Next Oldest | Introduction | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (49) « First ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... Last »

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0499 seconds · Archive