zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Haven Of Wiidom. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (4) 1 2 [3] 4  ( Go to first unread post )

Playstation vs. Xbox vs. Nintendo Systems, The best?
Phalanx
Posted: Jun 6 2008, 02:11 AM

Okami... Best Wii game I've played so far!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (Wingman @ Jun 5 2008, 09:38 PM)
QUOTE (Phalanx @ Jun 5 2008, 05:24 PM)
QUOTE (Wingman @ Jun 5 2008, 06:03 PM)
QUOTE (Phalanx @ Jun 5 2008, 11:40 AM)
QUOTE (granobulax @ Jun 5 2008, 04:01 AM)
QUOTE (Phalanx @ Jun 5 2008, 01:08 AM)
granobulax, how would you like to support Nintendo here, man?

Nintendo Pride forever.

*salutes*

Heck yeah!!! Nintendo rocks! When the Super Nintendo and Sega Genisis were out, Nintendo was better. When N64 and Playstation were out, N64 was better. The only time Nintendo was not superior was the Gamecube days. I was very dissapointed with the Gamecube when I owned one. But now Nintendo's Wii is back on top baby!!!

Honestly, the most fun multiplayer game has to be Mariocart 64! Just my opinion though...

I agree the time when Nintendo were at their lowest were the gamecube days.
Sony and Microsoft, both in terms of games and characters, are nowhere near the same prestige that Nintendo and even Sega had.

Btw the last comment was inspired by SilverSurfer's "Dragon Ball Z was nowhere near the same prestige as Superman/Batman".

Looks like you fellas will have to start a Nintendo fanboy club, eh? Maybe you take granobulax into the Safe Haven.

Ever since you knew what happened during that Nintendo,Sega vs. Sony,Microsoft debate. Seriously not only did that piss me off, but I think it was practically one-sided to pit the entirety of all characters/series from respective companies against each other.

Well, from what I saw from that, and from what you and Nesh and Godzilla Addict were saying, Nintendo would solo. They had all the gods and such from the Pokemon series.

1) It's true. I mean, Sony and Microsoft's character library are nowhere near as huge as Nintendo's or Sega's. Aside from that, Nintendo and Sega have been making their own characters for years before sony and microsoft even entered the console war. I know Sony has Kratos (whom I admit would give both Nintendo and Sega a lot of trouble) and Microsoft has Master Chief (whom Samus Aran could solo), but other than that, they aren't really much when it comes to character rosters, especially not when compared to Nintendo and Sega's.

I know I sound like a fanboy by saying this, but the reason I believe that Nintendo themselves could solo was due to numbers and firepower and like SS would say "Sony/microsoft are nowhere near the same prestige nintendo/sega are".

I'm only saying this, cause I felt my heritage as a nintendo/sega fanboy (not as much for the latter though) was threatened by our opposing parties of fanboys.

2) Aside from the ranting, a much much fairer (in fact the best ever) intercompany crossover fight would be: Nintendo + Sega vs. Capcom + Snk

3) What did Nesh argue during that debate?

--------------------
Wingman
Posted: Jun 7 2008, 05:11 PM

I'm better than you. That's all I know.

Member No.: 14

QUOTE (Phalanx @ Jun 5 2008, 10:11 PM)

Nintendo Pride forever.

*salutes*

Heck yeah!!! Nintendo rocks! When the Super Nintendo and Sega Genisis were out, Nintendo was better. When N64 and Playstation were out, N64 was better. The only time Nintendo was not superior was the Gamecube days. I was very dissapointed with the Gamecube when I owned one. But now Nintendo's Wii is back on top baby!!!

Honestly, the most fun multiplayer game has to be Mariocart 64! Just my opinion though...

Sony and Microsoft, both in terms of games and characters, are nowhere near the same prestige that Nintendo and even Sega had.

Btw the last comment was inspired by SilverSurfer's "Dragon Ball Z was nowhere near the same prestige as Superman/Batman".

Looks like you fellas will have to start a Nintendo fanboy club, eh? Maybe you take granobulax into the Safe Haven.

Ever since you knew what happened during that Nintendo,Sega vs. Sony,Microsoft debate. Seriously not only did that piss me off, but I think it was practically one-sided to pit the entirety of all characters/series from respective companies against each other.

Well, from what I saw from that, and from what you and Nesh and Godzilla Addict were saying, Nintendo would solo. They had all the gods and such from the Pokemon series.

1) It's true. I mean, Sony and Microsoft's character library are nowhere near as huge as Nintendo's or Sega's. Aside from that, Nintendo and Sega have been making their own characters for years before sony and microsoft even entered the console war. I know Sony has Kratos (whom I admit would give both Nintendo and Sega a lot of trouble) and Microsoft has Master Chief (whom Samus Aran could solo), but other than that, they aren't really much when it comes to character rosters, especially not when compared to Nintendo and Sega's.

I know I sound like a fanboy by saying this, but the reason I believe that Nintendo themselves could solo was due to numbers and firepower and like SS would say "Sony/microsoft are nowhere near the same prestige nintendo/sega are".

I'm only saying this, cause I felt my heritage as a nintendo/sega fanboy (not as much for the latter though) was threatened by our opposing parties of fanboys.

2) Aside from the ranting, a much much fairer (in fact the best ever) intercompany crossover fight would be: Nintendo + Sega vs. Capcom + Snk

Remind me again what SNK is.

--------------------
"Never in the course of human history has so much been owed by so many to so few."- Winston Churchill, commenting on the heroic struggles of the RAF against the German Luftwaffe.

----
I don't smoke, I don't chew... and I don't date girls who do.

----

War produces classic remarks by military commanders; on February 26, 1991, the US 1st Armored Division, the famous Big Red One, encountered the allegedly elite Iraqi Republican Guard. The divisional commander, Major General Ronald Griffiths, radioed his deputy, who was riding with the armored spearhead. "I understand we are engaging the Medina Division?" he said, referring to one of the crack Iraqi Guard divisions. "Negative, sir," came the reply. "We are destroying the Medina Division."
Great proof that despite their quantity, the Soviet tanks that NATO planners feared above all else could be shredded by the M1 Abrams, Challenger 2, Leopard 2, LeClerc, Ariete, and Merkava with ease. Patton would be proud.

Phalanx
Posted: Jun 7 2008, 05:52 PM

QUOTE (Wingman @ Jun 7 2008, 05:11 PM)

Nintendo Pride forever.

*salutes*

Think of it this way: SNK is to Capcom as Marvel is to Dc.

Anyways did you read the rest of my last post?

--------------------
Wingman
Posted: Jun 12 2008, 09:18 PM

I'm better than you. That's all I know.

Member No.: 14

QUOTE (Phalanx @ Jun 7 2008, 01:52 PM)
QUOTE (Wingman @ Jun 7 2008, 05:11 PM)

Nintendo Pride forever.

*salutes*

Think of it this way: SNK is to Capcom as Marvel is to Dc.

Anyways did you read the rest of my last post?

Thanks. And yes, I did read the rest of it. Quit asking that.

--------------------
"Never in the course of human history has so much been owed by so many to so few."- Winston Churchill, commenting on the heroic struggles of the RAF against the German Luftwaffe.

----
I don't smoke, I don't chew... and I don't date girls who do.

----

War produces classic remarks by military commanders; on February 26, 1991, the US 1st Armored Division, the famous Big Red One, encountered the allegedly elite Iraqi Republican Guard. The divisional commander, Major General Ronald Griffiths, radioed his deputy, who was riding with the armored spearhead. "I understand we are engaging the Medina Division?" he said, referring to one of the crack Iraqi Guard divisions. "Negative, sir," came the reply. "We are destroying the Medina Division."
Great proof that despite their quantity, the Soviet tanks that NATO planners feared above all else could be shredded by the M1 Abrams, Challenger 2, Leopard 2, LeClerc, Ariete, and Merkava with ease. Patton would be proud.

Phalanx
Posted: Jun 12 2008, 11:15 PM

alright I'm going to break the quote thread.

As i said, I'm upset that sony fanboys have now tried to challenge our characters. I don't mean to repeat myself over and over, but nintendo and sega have been making their own characters/series for like years before the playstation was born. Aside from Kratos/Mc, sony and microsoft would never live up to the same prestige that Nintendo and Sega enjoyed in regards to character library. Yeah seriously, pitting all nintendo/sega characters against all sony/microsoft is ridiculously one-sided and it's really pushing what I call a "curbstomp" too far.

There I have said quite enough. I'm just going to end the thread here. If you wish to continue this discussion, please go to one of my recent thread "Nintendo Pride"

--------------------
boston_celtics
Posted: Jun 14 2008, 11:59 AM

The Bobby Fischer of the CBUB

Group: Members
Member No.: 22

I might get banned for this, but whatever, I need to say something...

OK, I had an SNES, and it was one of the best things to ever come out for a kid. I loved Contra especially, and Mortal Kombat, and the Mario games.

And maybe the N64 was better than the Playstation, since I never owned N64, and maybe it had better graphics and such, and better games.

And maybe the Gamecube was more family friendly than the PS2.

And maybe the Wii's controller just outdoes any other competition available.

But please, don't compare the PSP to the DS. The PSP is the best hand held console to ever come out, because, aside from everything, it has better games.

DS, you play the Pokemon remakes, and Kirby games, and the old Final Fantasy games, and Advanced Wars and such.

On the PSP, you can play Final Fantasy. And Kingdom Hearts. And NBA Live, and Madden NFL, and Hockey, and Baseball, and practically every other sport out there. You can play God of War, and Rainbow 6, and you can play numerous The Sims games. And you can play Need for Speed, Call of Duty, and Medal of Honor. You can play Driver, and Grand Theft Auto. Games which outclass the DS greatly. Not to mention you have the ability to listen to music, and watch DVD's.

But hey, maybe they were right, Nostalgia IS better than quality...

--------------------
"History does nothing; it does not possess immense riches, it does not fight battles. It is men, real, living, who do all this."

-Karl Marx

Two words are enough!

BEAT L.A.
Phalanx
Posted: Jun 14 2008, 02:10 PM

QUOTE (boston_celtics @ Jun 14 2008, 11:59 AM)
I might get banned for this, but whatever, I need to say something...

OK, I had an SNES, and it was one of the best things to ever come out for a kid.  I loved Contra especially, and Mortal Kombat, and the Mario games.

And maybe the N64 was better than the Playstation, since I never owned N64, and maybe it had better graphics and such, and better games.

And maybe the Gamecube was more family friendly than the PS2.

And maybe the Wii's controller just outdoes any other competition available.

But please, don't compare the PSP to the DS.  The PSP is the best hand held console to ever come out, because, aside from everything, it has better games.

DS, you play the Pokemon remakes, and Kirby games, and the old Final Fantasy games, and Advanced Wars and such.

On the PSP, you can play Final Fantasy.  And Kingdom Hearts.  And NBA Live, and Madden NFL, and Hockey, and Baseball, and practically every other sport out there.  You can play God of War, and Rainbow 6, and you can play numerous The Sims games.  And you can play Need for Speed, Call of Duty, and Medal of Honor.  You can play Driver, and Grand Theft Auto.  Games which outclass the DS greatly.  Not to mention you have the ability to listen to music, and watch DVD's.

But hey, maybe they were right, Nostalgia IS better than quality...

Hmmmm....

I thought I expected Boston_Celtics to respond to this post with anti-Nintendo flames and such, but since you're a little more uhhh... mature, compared to one of that older topic you made, I guess I'll apologize for being a little overdefensive of Nintendo during that time (though it was necessary).

Ok I admit Gamecube was a disappointment for the most part, in fact, it was Nintendo at their worst. Wii is still awesome, but then I'm not sure what problems are there to be fixed (besides the so-called "graphics" which so many fanboys bitch about).

I guess I'll leave Boston_Celtics alone and avoid banning him since he's been less biased in his last post, but who's to say that i won't get overdefensive once something like another "ooh nintendo chars vs. sony chars" happens again? That's the one thing really ticks me off... pitting all of Nintendo's characters against Sony's characters (seriously what were they thinking?).

Anyways I rest my case.

--------------------
CoasterKing
Posted: Jul 17 2008, 04:01 PM

Expert

Member No.: 53

Nintendo!

--------------------
The star maker says, "It ain't so bad"
The dream maker's gonna make you mad
The spaceman says, "Everybody look down!
Its all in your mind!" - Spaceman by The Killers
videogameman
Posted: Jul 17 2008, 04:11 PM

Lifelong Expert

Member No.: 55

QUOTE (Phalanx @ Jun 6 2008, 02:11 AM)

Nintendo Pride forever.

*salutes*

O RLY? That's the only notable charecters/series they have? I think not.

Sony

Ratchet and Clank

Jak and Daxter

Sly Cooper

PaRappa the Rapper

Singstar series

Ape Escape series

The Eyetoy

Microsoft

Blinx

Fable series

Gears of War series.

Fuzion Frenzy series

And I think that most of those series is better than the reppitive pokesmily.gif

--------------------

You're truely evil if you've destroyed books!-Bookman, a charecter I made.

Why is it that video games always take the fall? TV and movies are just as bad! So, i videogameman, became Wack Thompson, and campainged agianst movies and TV, removing attention from video games and saving the field.-videogameman, another charecter I made.
IonKidMax
  Posted: Jul 17 2008, 04:53 PM

Join the Green Side

Member No.: 40

I like PS2 alot but my new favorite is the Xbox 360. mellow.gif huh.gif happy.gif smile.gif rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

user posted image
greatness3045
Posted: Jan 11 2009, 09:31 AM

The King of Wakanda

Member No.: 122

Xbox baby the best system out then the WII. PS3 is dead last.

--------------------

user posted imageuser posted image
Greatness Personified
Bassetman
Posted: Jan 11 2009, 03:49 PM

Gentleman Skeleton

Member No.: 20

Aw, this was my first thread.

sad.gif

--------------------
ND4
Posted: Jan 11 2009, 06:07 PM

Unregistered

QUOTE (Bassetman @ Jan 11 2009, 03:49 PM)
Aw, this was my first thread.

sad.gif

I like Nintendo more.But not by much.

I have a N64 and a Gamecube and a PS2 and Ps1.
Ethan
Posted: Jan 11 2009, 06:20 PM

The Gorram Hypocyte™

Member No.: 82

N64, N DS, PS2, PSX (PS1), PSP 3000, XBOX 360.....I got the best consoles of their generations....hey, isn't gameboys a product of Nintendo? in my opinion, N64 had the best graphics and funness of its generation but the PS had more playablity and features and long assed games. great consoles. PS2 was awesome, I found it to be better than the X-Box as the games length playtime were the same length, there were more games for it and it had more features, then came the X-Box, I found it to be better the PS3 as it had games that might have more levels and hours, better graphic engine, great feautre (X Box live) and awesome old games or retrofitted ones like Banjo and Kzooie series can be downloaded. the models for the X-Boxes were great, the Elite has the best storage availble for these games and can hold up to many save points, plus the save data are cheap....the only thing the PS3's got over this behemoth is its massive array of features and its survivalbity (no red ring of death.......)...and that awesome Little Big Planet game......dang. anyhoo both consoles are great, with the X-Box 360 being the better one.
greatness3045
Posted: Jan 13 2009, 06:56 AM

The King of Wakanda

Member No.: 122

QUOTE (Ethan @ Jan 11 2009, 06:20 PM)
N64, N DS, PS2, PSX (PS1), PSP 3000, XBOX 360.....I got the best consoles of their generations....hey, isn't gameboys a product of Nintendo? in my opinion, N64 had the best graphics and funness of its generation but the PS had more playablity and features and long assed games. great consoles. PS2 was awesome, I found it to be better than the X-Box as the games length playtime were the same length, there were more games for it and it had more features, then came the X-Box, I found it to be better the PS3 as it had games that might have more levels and hours, better graphic engine, great feautre (X Box live) and awesome old games or retrofitted ones like Banjo and Kzooie series can be downloaded. the models for the X-Boxes were great, the Elite has the best storage availble for these games and can hold up to many save points, plus the save data are cheap....the only thing the PS3's got over this behemoth is its massive array of features and its survivalbity (no red ring of death.......)...and that awesome Little Big Planet game......dang. anyhoo both consoles are great, with the X-Box 360 being the better one.

I agree the Xbox 360 has bettr games and the online aspect is still the top of all the consoles. With hits like the Halo series, Gears of War series and the fable not to mention the new Final fantasy adn rpg titles Xbox is my favorite.
Nintendo is good for fun and thats about it. IS more of a system for younger generations and for those wanting to have goofy fun. It lacks real shooting an fighting games, but makes up for this with the motion contollers and the unique game play. Also you never have to worry about seeing its titles on a nother system.
PS3 is dead last. It is th most expensive of the three and doesnt give much more than th others in term of originality. th eBlu-ray features are nce but they lack many top notch games and you will find that its gaming becomes stale after awhile.

--------------------

user posted imageuser posted image
Greatness Personified
« Next Oldest | Normal Fights | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic OptionsPages: (4) 1 2 [3] 4 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1154 seconds · Archive