zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Haven Of Wiidom. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

DC vs Marvel, Who will survive?
granobulax
Posted: Jun 3 2008, 01:12 AM

He's even got his hand over where I live...

Group: Admin
Member No.: 35

Ok, I'm curious as to what people here think. Sort of a lesson if you will. This is not to start a war between fans, just to get opinions.

Everyone from DC vs everyone from Marvel. Presence, Spectre, One Above All, and Living Tribunal all are sitting back watching.

Who wins?

--------------------

I scare little kids.
user posted image

QUOTE (treacherous @ Aug 16 2008, 12:12 PM)
RRRAOAAOAOAORRARRAA!!...  Blue lights and sirens rang through the night!! Yeah, they all wanna kill each other... HERE ME CITY!! THE STREETS BELONG TO THE GANGS NOW!! THIS IS THE NEW ORDER!! PREPARE FOR CHAOS!!

Solomon and I may be gangsta, but treach is the gangsta of the year!
boston_celtics
Posted: Jun 3 2008, 02:02 AM

The Bobby Fischer of the CBUB

Group: Members
Member No.: 22

General concensus is this is a tie, because it all boils down to the two omnipotents (One Above All and The Presense) and that's a never ending battle.

--------------------
"History does nothing; it does not possess immense riches, it does not fight battles. It is men, real, living, who do all this."

-Karl Marx

Two words are enough!

BEAT L.A.
granobulax
Posted: Jun 3 2008, 03:34 AM

QUOTE (boston_celtics @ Jun 3 2008, 02:02 AM)
General concensus is this is a tie, because it all boils down to the two omnipotents (One Above All and The Presense) and that's a never ending battle.

I've got the Living Tribunal, Spectre, One Above All, and the Presence sitting this one out. I'm curious as to how the rest of the characters would fare. I've learned from CBUB that One Above All = the Presence and the Living Tribunal = the Spectre so I sat them out. Without the afore mentioned characters, how do you think it would pan out boston?

--------------------

I scare little kids.
user posted image

RRRAOAAOAOAORRARRAA!!...  Blue lights and sirens rang through the night!! Yeah, they all wanna kill each other... HERE ME CITY!! THE STREETS BELONG TO THE GANGS NOW!! THIS IS THE NEW ORDER!! PREPARE FOR CHAOS!!

boston_celtics
Posted: Jun 3 2008, 03:56 AM

Well, if we remove the omnipotent, then I can't tell.

The Guardians, Ion, Parallax, Anti-Monitor or The IG, the Power Cosmic, Celestials.

--------------------
"History does nothing; it does not possess immense riches, it does not fight battles. It is men, real, living, who do all this."

-Karl Marx

Two words are enough!

BEAT L.A.
granobulax
Posted: Jun 3 2008, 04:00 AM

QUOTE (boston_celtics @ Jun 3 2008, 03:56 AM)
Well, if we remove the omnipotent, then I can't tell.

The Guardians, Ion, Parallax, Anti-Monitor or The IG, the Power Cosmic, Celestials.

So, its still pretty much a toss up in your opinion. Okay, thanks for your opinion boston! smile.gif

--------------------

I scare little kids.
user posted image

Gamer709
Posted: Jun 4 2008, 12:03 AM

Advanced Administrator

Member No.: 16

Marvel defenitely has more omnipotents and space/ out there beings. Ex. Thanos

Hovever if they all sit it out it'll prolly be a tie and boil down to those who can regenerate, such as Lobo (DC) and Wolverine (Marvel). Those tow might not make it to being the last 2, but it will end with people with extrememly strong powers winning.

Then again Brains Beats Brawn

You never know........

--------------------
user posted image
"I will go" by Starfield

The biggest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Phalanx
Posted: Jun 4 2008, 12:47 AM

Okami... Best Wii game I've played so far!

Member No.: 1

It's really interesting to see two different universes full of comic characters of all sorts fighting each other. It's like company fanboyism.

Nintendo vs. Sega, Capcom vs. Snk, and Pokemon vs. Digimon are all becoming more like Dc vs. Marvel in a way, though none of those debates have enough characters on both sides to make at least a universal/multiversal-scale all-out war.

Can someone tell me what's the difference between dc and marvel characters in terms of power, ability, personality, etc.?

--------------------
boston_celtics
Posted: Jun 4 2008, 01:16 AM

QUOTE (Phalanx @ Jun 4 2008, 12:47 AM)
It's really interesting to see two different universes full of comic characters of all sorts fighting each other. It's like company fanboyism.

Nintendo vs. Sega, Capcom vs. Snk, and Pokemon vs. Digimon are all becoming more like Dc vs. Marvel in a way, though none of those debates have enough characters on both sides to make at least a universal/multiversal-scale all-out war.

Can someone tell me what's the difference between dc and marvel characters in terms of power, ability, personality, etc.?

Personality wise, I used to see DC characters as the goody-two shoes type, the true heroes, the ones you looked up to for values. But when I started actively reading DC, they suddenly becamse more adult.

Marvel characters I always saw as the character heroes. They had more quirks, more personality, and the characters were built around it.

Power wise, DC's heroes are more powerful, moving at #### times the speed of light, cracking such, surviving such. Marvel has more powerful characters (not heroes) however, although some Marvl heroes are just powerful. In terms of raw power, Marvel has more cosmics and reality warpers, DC has stronger and faster heroes.

--------------------

-Karl Marx

Two words are enough!

BEAT L.A.
granobulax
Posted: Jun 4 2008, 01:39 AM

QUOTE (boston_celtics @ Jun 4 2008, 01:16 AM)
QUOTE (Phalanx @ Jun 4 2008, 12:47 AM)

Personality wise, I used to see DC characters as the goody-two shoes type, the true heroes, the ones you looked up to for values. But when I started actively reading DC, they suddenly becamse more adult.

Marvel characters I always saw as the character heroes. They had more quirks, more personality, and the characters were built around it.

Power wise, DC's heroes are more powerful, moving at #### times the speed of light, cracking such, surviving such. Marvel has more powerful characters (not heroes) however, although some Marvl heroes are just powerful. In terms of raw power, Marvel has more cosmics and reality warpers, DC has stronger and faster heroes.

Interesting, I've always thought that DC was the goody two shoes type too. But the more I read on these forums about them, they seem to be more real than that. Maybe it was the Justice League cartoon I watched on TV when I was a kid that built the goody two shoes reputation.

--------------------

I scare little kids.
user posted image

super_wolverine_Man
Posted: Jun 4 2008, 12:38 PM

Head Admin

Member No.: 3

oo close match, but in the end i think marvel has more powerhouses, and their endless supply of cosmic beings give them the upper hand

--------------------

"The first shot rang out from somewhere and I heard a bullet wiz by my face. With my pump action shotgun ready, I shoot the first fool I see."

Grano's so gangster.
Phalanx
Posted: Jun 4 2008, 08:01 PM

Okami... Best Wii game I've played so far!

Member No.: 1

but what about the DC cosmic pantheon against the marvel cosmic pantheon?

--------------------
« Next Oldest | Normal Fights | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0407 seconds · Archive