zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Haven Of Wiidom. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (4) 1 [2] 3 4  ( Go to first unread post )

Forum of me., Enter at your own risk.
Wingman
Posted: Apr 15 2008, 08:36 PM

I'm better than you. That's all I know.

Group: Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (boston_celtics @ Apr 15 2008, 12:31 PM)
Well, the Mavericks are one of my favorites so I guess that's why they're number two for me.

American football is called just that, American Football.

"Ahem"

Hell No, Wingman! The only thing Detroit ever really had going for them was their team play and defense. Defense went away some when Larry Brown left though. Other than that, Detroit lacks any single dominating superstar. Chauncey, Rip and Rasheed are all well and good, but they just can't compare to the likes of a Kevin Garnett, or a Paul Pierce. Team play is nullified since Boston does it to, maybe even better than Detroit. Plus, Detroit has a habit of chocking in the clutch. That's why they lost to both Miami (hate this team so much!) and Cleaveland. Sure, it's going to be a good series, but in the end, Boston just is too much for them. Then we can have Lakers vs. Celtics in the finals again...

Please, Boston has been lossing everything lately, this year could make up for all the past, like lossing Duncan in '97 and Oden/Durant in the draft. It could also make up for the Pat's lossing the Super bowl. Or Real Madrid not making it to the finals of UEFA.

In reality, I don't follow them as fully as I do the Red Wings, so I am not in a position to argue with a well informed person such as yourself. I know the players and I like it when they win, but I don't care for basketball as much as I do hockey or football. In that case, I DON'T like the Lions. The last great thing they had was Barry Sanders.

--------------------
"Never in the course of human history has so much been owed by so many to so few."- Winston Churchill, commenting on the heroic struggles of the RAF against the German Luftwaffe.

----
I don't smoke, I don't chew... and I don't date girls who do.

----

War produces classic remarks by military commanders; on February 26, 1991, the US 1st Armored Division, the famous Big Red One, encountered the allegedly elite Iraqi Republican Guard. The divisional commander, Major General Ronald Griffiths, radioed his deputy, who was riding with the armored spearhead. "I understand we are engaging the Medina Division?" he said, referring to one of the crack Iraqi Guard divisions. "Negative, sir," came the reply. "We are destroying the Medina Division."
Great proof that despite their quantity, the Soviet tanks that NATO planners feared above all else could be shredded by the M1 Abrams, Challenger 2, Leopard 2, LeClerc, Ariete, and Merkava with ease. Patton would be proud.

super_wolverine_Man
Posted: Apr 15 2008, 09:02 PM

Head Admin

Member No.: 3

QUOTE (Wingman @ Apr 15 2008, 08:36 PM)
Well, the Mavericks are one of my favorites so I guess that's why they're number two for me.

"Ahem"

Hell No, Wingman!  The only thing Detroit ever really had going for them was their team play and defense.  Defense went away some when Larry Brown left though.  Other than that, Detroit lacks any single dominating superstar.  Chauncey, Rip and Rasheed are all well and good, but they just can't compare to the likes of a Kevin Garnett, or a Paul Pierce.  Team play is nullified since Boston does it to, maybe even better than Detroit.  Plus, Detroit has a habit of chocking in the clutch.  That's why they lost to both Miami (hate this team so much!) and Cleaveland.  Sure, it's going to be a good series, but in the end, Boston just is too much for them.  Then we can have Lakers vs. Celtics in the finals again...

Please, Boston has been lossing everything lately, this year could make up for all the past, like lossing Duncan in '97 and Oden/Durant in the draft.  It could also make up for the Pat's lossing the Super bowl.  Or Real Madrid not making it to the finals of UEFA.

In reality, I don't follow them as fully as I do the Red Wings, so I am not in a position to argue with a well informed person such as yourself. I know the players and I like it when they win, but I don't care for basketball as much as I do hockey or football. In that case, I DON'T like the Lions. The last great thing they had was Barry Sanders.

barry sanders was and still is the greatest running back ever.

--------------------

"The first shot rang out from somewhere and I heard a bullet wiz by my face. With my pump action shotgun ready, I shoot the first fool I see."

Grano's so gangster.
Wingman
Posted: Apr 15 2008, 09:16 PM

QUOTE (super_wolverine_Man @ Apr 15 2008, 05:02 PM)

"Ahem"

Hell No, Wingman!  The only thing Detroit ever really had going for them was their team play and defense.  Defense went away some when Larry Brown left though.  Other than that, Detroit lacks any single dominating superstar.  Chauncey, Rip and Rasheed are all well and good, but they just can't compare to the likes of a Kevin Garnett, or a Paul Pierce.  Team play is nullified since Boston does it to, maybe even better than Detroit.  Plus, Detroit has a habit of chocking in the clutch.  That's why they lost to both Miami (hate this team so much!) and Cleaveland.  Sure, it's going to be a good series, but in the end, Boston just is too much for them.  Then we can have Lakers vs. Celtics in the finals again...

Please, Boston has been lossing everything lately, this year could make up for all the past, like lossing Duncan in '97 and Oden/Durant in the draft.  It could also make up for the Pat's lossing the Super bowl.  Or Real Madrid not making it to the finals of UEFA.

My favorite is Walter Payton, personally, but Sanders is a close second. The best currently is LaDainian Tomlinson, baby. Read my sig!!

--------------------
"Never in the course of human history has so much been owed by so many to so few."- Winston Churchill, commenting on the heroic struggles of the RAF against the German Luftwaffe.

----

----

War produces classic remarks by military commanders; on February 26, 1991, the US 1st Armored Division, the famous Big Red One, encountered the allegedly elite Iraqi Republican Guard. The divisional commander, Major General Ronald Griffiths, radioed his deputy, who was riding with the armored spearhead. "I understand we are engaging the Medina Division?" he said, referring to one of the crack Iraqi Guard divisions. "Negative, sir," came the reply. "We are destroying the Medina Division."
Great proof that despite their quantity, the Soviet tanks that NATO planners feared above all else could be shredded by the M1 Abrams, Challenger 2, Leopard 2, LeClerc, Ariete, and Merkava with ease. Patton would be proud.

DataSnake
Posted: Apr 15 2008, 11:24 PM

Emperor of Mankind

Group: Members
Member No.: 9

QUOTE (super_wolverine_Man @ Apr 15 2008, 09:02 PM)

"Ahem"

--------------------
I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
boston_celtics
Posted: Apr 16 2008, 11:38 AM

The Bobby Fischer of the CBUB

Member No.: 22

I'll add more rules on occasion.

Kate Beckinsale is the hottest woman on Earth, followed by Nicole Kidman

British bands make better rock music than American bands (generaly)

The Beatles are the greatest British band ever.

--------------------
"History does nothing; it does not possess immense riches, it does not fight battles. It is men, real, living, who do all this."

-Karl Marx

Two words are enough!

BEAT L.A.
Wingman
Posted: Apr 16 2008, 12:01 PM

QUOTE (boston_celtics @ Apr 16 2008, 07:38 AM)

*chokes*

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!"

*clears throat*

"Sorry, was that out loud?"

--------------------

----

----

boston_celtics
Posted: Apr 16 2008, 02:14 PM

QUOTE (Wingman @ Apr 16 2008, 12:01 PM)

*chokes*

*clears throat*

dry.gif dry.gif dry.gif dry.gif

I'm going to ignore this... for now...

--------------------
"History does nothing; it does not possess immense riches, it does not fight battles. It is men, real, living, who do all this."

-Karl Marx

Two words are enough!

BEAT L.A.
super_wolverine_Man
Posted: Apr 16 2008, 02:28 PM

Head Admin

QUOTE (DataSnake @ Apr 15 2008, 11:24 PM)
QUOTE (super_wolverine_Man @ Apr 15 2008, 09:02 PM)

"Ahem"

yep your absolutely correct sir

--------------------

"The first shot rang out from somewhere and I heard a bullet wiz by my face. With my pump action shotgun ready, I shoot the first fool I see."

Grano's so gangster.
super_wolverine_Man
Posted: Apr 16 2008, 02:29 PM

Head Admin

QUOTE (boston_celtics @ Apr 16 2008, 11:38 AM)
I'll add more rules on occasion.

-your funny

- hey i guess so

- Led Zeppelin is better

--------------------

Grano's so gangster.
Wingman
Posted: Apr 16 2008, 03:23 PM

QUOTE (boston_celtics @ Apr 16 2008, 10:14 AM)
QUOTE (Wingman @ Apr 16 2008, 12:01 PM)

*chokes*

*clears throat*

dry.gif dry.gif dry.gif dry.gif

I'm going to ignore this... for now...

Do you want my opinion, or do you just want me to jump into a lake and drown?

*clears throat*

The hottest British woman is definitely Keira Knightley, though she could definitely add on a dozen pounds. Hottest American woman? Pamela Anderson, Natalie Portman, Jessica Alba, Megan Fox, and/or Jennifer Garner. The hottest Brazilian woman is Adriana Lima. She's not a prima dona (can you believe that Guisele Bundchen refuses to accept here paycheck in American currency?) Hottest Aussie woman? Rachael Taylor, who else?

--------------------

----

----

boston_celtics
Posted: Apr 18 2008, 05:00 PM

Next.

Hating Superman... and Gladiator... and Sentry.

Many peolle say they hate Superman, the same people say they hate Gladiator and they also say they hate Sentry.

What, is it the power set? Do they not like the super powers?

--------------------

-Karl Marx

Two words are enough!

BEAT L.A.
super_wolverine_Man
Posted: Apr 18 2008, 06:54 PM

Head Admin

QUOTE (boston_celtics @ Apr 18 2008, 05:00 PM)
Next.

Many peolle say they hate Superman, the same people say they hate Gladiator and they also say they hate Sentry.

What, is it the power set? Do they not like the super powers?

so do you favor or deny hating supes glads and sentry?

--------------------

Grano's so gangster.
boston_celtics
Posted: Apr 19 2008, 12:26 AM

QUOTE (super_wolverine_Man @ Apr 18 2008, 06:54 PM)
Next.

What, is it the power set?  Do they not like the super powers?

SENY! I like Superman and Glads and Sentry. Their cool!

--------------------

-Karl Marx

Two words are enough!

BEAT L.A.
Wingman
Posted: Apr 19 2008, 01:36 PM

QUOTE (boston_celtics @ Apr 18 2008, 08:26 PM)
Next.

Superman> Glads, and Sentry pawns both of them. He's my favorite. I don't know yet about Sentry vs., say, Superboy-Prime.

--------------------

----

----

super_wolverine_Man
Posted: Apr 19 2008, 10:46 PM

Head Admin

QUOTE (Wingman @ Apr 19 2008, 01:36 PM)
QUOTE (boston_celtics @ Apr 18 2008, 08:26 PM)
Next.

Superman> Glads, and Sentry pawns both of them. He's my favorite. I don't know yet about Sentry vs., say, Superboy-Prime.

i thought surfer was your favorite?

--------------------

Grano's so gangster.
« Next Oldest | Members' Zones | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (4) 1 [2] 3 4 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0426 seconds · Archive