zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Haven Of Wiidom. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

General Hong Hi Choi V.S Gichin Funakoshi, Tae Kwon Do v.s Modern Karate DO
super_wolverine_Man
Posted: Apr 9 2008, 09:25 PM

Head Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

for those of you don't know General Hong Hi choi is credited with creating tae kwon do

user posted image

..and Gichin Funakoshi is thought of as the father of modern karate do

user posted image

Alright here's the rules, the two, compete against each other in these categories

-Philosophy

- Breaking

-Point Fighting

-full contact fighting

-Katas/Forms

- Weapons Katas/forms

-Weapons full contact fighting

so who was the overall best!

--------------------

"The first shot rang out from somewhere and I heard a bullet wiz by my face. With my pump action shotgun ready, I shoot the first fool I see."

Grano's so gangster.
Wingman
Posted: Apr 9 2008, 11:27 PM

I'm better than you. That's all I know.

Member No.: 14

Unfortunately, I have no clue.

--------------------
"Never in the course of human history has so much been owed by so many to so few."- Winston Churchill, commenting on the heroic struggles of the RAF against the German Luftwaffe.

----
I don't smoke, I don't chew... and I don't date girls who do.

----

War produces classic remarks by military commanders; on February 26, 1991, the US 1st Armored Division, the famous Big Red One, encountered the allegedly elite Iraqi Republican Guard. The divisional commander, Major General Ronald Griffiths, radioed his deputy, who was riding with the armored spearhead. "I understand we are engaging the Medina Division?" he said, referring to one of the crack Iraqi Guard divisions. "Negative, sir," came the reply. "We are destroying the Medina Division."
Great proof that despite their quantity, the Soviet tanks that NATO planners feared above all else could be shredded by the M1 Abrams, Challenger 2, Leopard 2, LeClerc, Ariete, and Merkava with ease. Patton would be proud.

super_wolverine_Man
Posted: Apr 10 2008, 12:15 AM

Head Admin

sigh* thanks for the reply anyways

--------------------

"The first shot rang out from somewhere and I heard a bullet wiz by my face. With my pump action shotgun ready, I shoot the first fool I see."

Grano's so gangster.
super_wolverine_Man
Posted: Apr 10 2008, 12:23 AM

Head Admin

i'm guessing there aren't to many martial arts fans on here

--------------------

Grano's so gangster.
darkender
Posted: Apr 10 2008, 02:37 AM

Mr. Ego

Group: Members
Member No.: 10

I would go with tae kwon do ( no I don't know how to spell) It is a much more of a lethal martial art. So in a fight I would go with tae kwon do.

--------------------
super_wolverine_Man
Posted: Apr 10 2008, 01:57 PM

Head Admin

QUOTE (darkender @ Apr 10 2008, 02:37 AM)
I would go with tae kwon do ( no I don't know how to spell) It is a much more of a lethal martial art. So in a fight I would go with tae kwon do.

your spelling was perfect!

--------------------

Grano's so gangster.
Wingman
Posted: Apr 10 2008, 02:27 PM

QUOTE (super_wolverine_Man @ Apr 10 2008, 09:57 AM)
I would go with tae kwon do ( no I don't know how to spell) It is a much more of a lethal martial art. So in a  fight I would go with tae kwon do.

I edited it for him. cool.gif

--------------------
"Never in the course of human history has so much been owed by so many to so few."- Winston Churchill, commenting on the heroic struggles of the RAF against the German Luftwaffe.

----

----

War produces classic remarks by military commanders; on February 26, 1991, the US 1st Armored Division, the famous Big Red One, encountered the allegedly elite Iraqi Republican Guard. The divisional commander, Major General Ronald Griffiths, radioed his deputy, who was riding with the armored spearhead. "I understand we are engaging the Medina Division?" he said, referring to one of the crack Iraqi Guard divisions. "Negative, sir," came the reply. "We are destroying the Medina Division."
Great proof that despite their quantity, the Soviet tanks that NATO planners feared above all else could be shredded by the M1 Abrams, Challenger 2, Leopard 2, LeClerc, Ariete, and Merkava with ease. Patton would be proud.

super_wolverine_Man
Posted: Apr 10 2008, 06:48 PM

Head Admin

QUOTE (Wingman @ Apr 10 2008, 02:27 PM)
I would go with tae kwon do ( no I don't know how to spell) It is a much more of a lethal martial art. So in a  fight I would go with tae kwon do.

good job. laugh.gif

--------------------

Grano's so gangster.
Wingman
Posted: Apr 10 2008, 06:49 PM

QUOTE (super_wolverine_Man @ Apr 10 2008, 02:48 PM)

good job. laugh.gif

Sure. sterb002.gif

--------------------

----

----

super_wolverine_Man
Posted: Apr 10 2008, 06:54 PM

Head Admin

QUOTE (Wingman @ Apr 10 2008, 06:49 PM)

good job. laugh.gif

Sure. sterb002.gif

i can see this topic is going to be failure, oh well learn a little live a little i guess

--------------------

Grano's so gangster.
Wingman
Posted: Apr 10 2008, 06:57 PM

QUOTE (super_wolverine_Man @ Apr 10 2008, 02:54 PM)

good job. laugh.gif

Sure. sterb002.gif

i can see this topic is going to be failure, oh well learn a little live a little i guess

True. I'm not into martial arts that much, or at least who their founders are? Do you do martial arts? sterb002.gif sterb002.gif sterb002.gif sterb002.gif sterb002.gif ninja.gif ninja.gif ninja.gif

--------------------

----

----

super_wolverine_Man
Posted: Apr 10 2008, 07:19 PM

Head Admin

QUOTE (Wingman @ Apr 10 2008, 06:57 PM)

good job. laugh.gif

Sure. sterb002.gif

True. I'm not into martial arts that much, or at least who their founders are? Do you do martial arts? sterb002.gif sterb002.gif sterb002.gif sterb002.gif sterb002.gif ninja.gif ninja.gif ninja.gif

i take a great interest in martial arts, i do tae kwon do, tang soo do, have done karate, and some Kung Fu

--------------------

Grano's so gangster.
super_wolverine_Man
Posted: Apr 10 2008, 07:24 PM

Head Admin

QUOTE (super_wolverine_Man @ Apr 10 2008, 07:19 PM)

good job. laugh.gif

Sure. sterb002.gif

i take a great interest in martial arts, i do tae kwon do, tang soo do, have done karate, and some Kung Fu

oh and i well be happy to answer any questions any of you may have

--------------------

Grano's so gangster.
Wingman
Posted: Apr 10 2008, 08:18 PM

QUOTE (super_wolverine_Man @ Apr 10 2008, 03:19 PM)

good job. laugh.gif

Sure. sterb002.gif

I tried Tae Kwon Do for one summer, but the sessions interfered with my hockey practices, and I had to choose one way or the other. I went with what I had done for many years, hockey. It's not that I didn't like it- I enjoyed it a great deal- but I didn't have enough time for both. Cool to hear that you do it, though. cool.gif cool.gif

--------------------

----

----

super_wolverine_Man
Posted: Apr 10 2008, 08:26 PM

Head Admin

QUOTE (Wingman @ Apr 10 2008, 08:18 PM)
QUOTE (super_wolverine_Man @ Apr 10 2008, 03:19 PM)

good job. laugh.gif

Sure. sterb002.gif

I tried Tae Kwon Do for one summer, but the sessions interfered with my hockey practices, and I had to choose one way or the other. I went with what I had done for many years, hockey. It's not that I didn't like it- I enjoyed it a great deal- but I didn't have enough time for both. Cool to hear that you do it, though. cool.gif cool.gif

yeah i don't get to practice as much as i like, i try to do 3 hours a day, but sometimes it just doesn't happen sad.gif

--------------------

Grano's so gangster.
« Next Oldest | Normal Fights | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0469 seconds · Archive