zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Haven Of Wiidom. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )

Manga, What?
Marvel Man
Posted: Jun 19 2009, 10:34 PM

The Marvel Crusader

Group: Members
Member No.: 89

QUOTE (Bassetman @ Jun 19 2009, 02:46 PM)
Oh, and for the Big Three, you may have to stick with'em a bit before things start to get epic.

Though I've heard people who think differently. happy.gif

I watched a bit of One Piece/Naruto, and I liked them. I stopped for a bit, and when I tried watching the anime again, I was completely lost! sad.gif

--------------------

user posted image
OFFICIAL 2x HAVEN WRITING COMPETITION CHAMPION!!
OFFICIAL 2ND PLACE WRITER IN ADMIN CONTEST!!

"Do you know what happens to toads that are struck by lightning?
The same thing that happens to everything else."

-Storm
treacherous
Posted: Jun 20 2009, 03:18 PM

Let Hammy have his Bison. I've got Zod.

Group: Admin
Member No.: 37

Your small bookstore sucks. I bet they will special order books for you. Try asking.

--------------------
Ursa: You are master of all you survey.
General Zod: [bored] So I was yesterday. And the day before.

QUOTE (SilverSurfer092 @ Apr 9 2009, 03:27 AM)
WTFYES  Treacherous is full of pwnage.
Marvel Man
Posted: Jun 22 2009, 03:09 AM

The Marvel Crusader

QUOTE (treacherous @ Jun 20 2009, 03:18 PM)
Your small bookstore sucks. I bet they will special order books for you. Try asking.

So true.

Still, it's the only one anywhere near me. I have to drive to the nearest Barnes & Noble/Books a Million for better books.

--------------------

user posted image

-Storm
hellbentnow
Posted: Jun 22 2009, 09:25 PM

The Manga Maniac of Haven

Member No.: 19

Rave Master is really good. Try heading over to www.onemanga.com and use the search, good chance you would find something you like.

--------------------
And I say HEY! (HEY!)
What a wonderful kind of day
If we can learn to work and play
And get along with each other.
Hey what a wonderful kind of day hey!
The Last Technomancer
Posted: Jun 22 2009, 09:28 PM

A mole of legendarinesss

Group: Admin
Member No.: 68

QUOTE (Marvel Man @ Jun 17 2009, 12:40 PM)
Alright, as most of you know, the economy's pretty bad, and plenty of businesses are closing down (GM). Well, several months ago, one of those was my closest bookstore/comics.

For a time, I had to drive pretty far to get my daily shot of Marvel.

Luckily, the store has recently reopened. I, eagerly went there on one of its first few days of opening.

BUT THEY DIDN'T HAVE ANY COMIC BOOKS?!

I desperately searched through the store, until I was finally forced to ask the cashier. She pointed to the far right, then returned to her magazine.

Once I got to the spot, I found......

MANGA?!

Yes. No comics, instead Japanese books that were printed backwards (I saw the ending to most books just by opening them).

Saddened, but also in need of a good read, I skim through a few books, but soon become terribly dissapointed. Cyborg 009, or something wasn't all that good (despite having a TV Show). Neither was this one about street gangs, or something.

So, now I ask you. What Manga do you reccomend to a person who's never read Manga, and has constant problems remembering the book's printed backwards?

Note: Just so you know, I like my books with plenty of action, maybe a little humor/romance.

You actually read the manga backwards. blink.gif laugh.gif They put notices in the back of it soy don't do that and they put a summary blurb on the back like you would see on hard back novels. laugh.gif You FAIL!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Sorry I had to say it. You could start with Dragonball (original) or DBZ. Naruto a good choice. Yugioh isn't bad or Yu Yu Hakusho. One Piece would be good too.

--------------------

'I'm going to die; if this wasteland doesn't kill me the Avatars will. I'm the last Technomancer; as I go so goes my culture.' The thought was serene, not fearful at all. If he was going to die, he'd die fighting; he'd make sure that the Technomancers were never forgotten. Morshan Sakru: The Last Technomancer would be a name all Avatar would shutter at the thought of for etenity. Morshan now knew what happened to a man who had nothing left to live for but vengence: he became a monster.
Jailer411
Posted: Jun 22 2009, 09:34 PM

The one and only.

Member No.: 175

QUOTE (hellbentnow @ Jun 22 2009, 03:25 PM)
Rave Master is really good.  Try heading over to www.onemanga.com  and  use the search, good chance you would find something you like.

http://mangavolume.com/

Manga Volume owns One Manga.

--------------------
4/24/11 8:48CMT

Signature has been changed, forum remains locked.
hellbentnow
Posted: Jun 22 2009, 09:41 PM

The Manga Maniac of Haven

Member No.: 19

QUOTE (Jailer411 @ Jun 22 2009, 05:34 PM)
http://mangavolume.com/

Manga Volume owns One Manga.

I know but i prefer Onemanga

--------------------
And I say HEY! (HEY!)
What a wonderful kind of day
If we can learn to work and play
And get along with each other.
Hey what a wonderful kind of day hey!
Marvel Man
Posted: Jun 23 2009, 01:42 AM

The Marvel Crusader

QUOTE (The Last Technomancer @ Jun 22 2009, 09:28 PM)
QUOTE (Marvel Man @ Jun 17 2009, 12:40 PM)
Alright, as most of you know, the economy's pretty bad, and plenty of businesses are closing down (GM). Well, several months ago, one of those was my closest bookstore/comics.

For a time, I had to drive pretty far to get my daily shot of Marvel.

Luckily, the store has recently reopened. I, eagerly went there on one of its first few days of opening.

BUT THEY DIDN'T HAVE ANY COMIC BOOKS?!

I desperately searched through the store, until I was finally forced to ask the cashier. She pointed to the far right, then returned to her magazine.

Once I got to the spot, I found......

MANGA?!

Yes. No comics, instead Japanese books that were printed backwards (I saw the ending to most books just by opening them).

Saddened, but also in need of a good read, I skim through a few books, but soon become terribly dissapointed. Cyborg 009, or something wasn't all that good (despite having a TV Show). Neither was this one about street gangs, or something.

So, now I ask you. What Manga do you reccomend to a person who's never read Manga, and has constant problems remembering the book's printed backwards?

Note: Just so you know, I like my books with plenty of action, maybe a little humor/romance.

You actually read the manga backwards. blink.gif laugh.gif They put notices in the back of it soy don't do that and they put a summary blurb on the back like you would see on hard back novels. laugh.gif You FAIL!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Sorry I had to say it. You could start with Dragonball (original) or DBZ. Naruto a good choice. Yugioh isn't bad or Yu Yu Hakusho. One Piece would be good too.

Haha..... dry.gif

I wasn't expecting it.....

Japanese writing....

Note: Even after I got it, it was pretty hard to read panel to panel...

--------------------

user posted image

-Storm
« Next Oldest | What are you reading? | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2] 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0350 seconds · Archive