zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Haven Of Wiidom. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (10) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

When Worlds Collide!!, The Rules!!!
treacherous
Posted: May 1 2009, 08:36 PM

Let Hammy have his Bison. I've got Zod.

Group: Admin
Member No.: 37

The Rules:

Okay, this is a Tournament style turn based RP. I lead the story along and within certain parts of the story, you will encounter various Havenites that have entered the RP. Upon encountering the Havenites a battle must ensue for each Havenite to continue. However, only the winner of the battle will continue. Until finally one victor will rise amongst the ashes. Let's get to the rules of the game shall we...

The Battle:

Once two Havenites have encountered each other, they will have to fight. I will be in complete control of the point system. I have a simple mathmatic system that will determine who wins or loses a battle. The whole system will be based on your attributes. This is why it's crucial that nobody knows your attributes. As you know, you have five attributes: Mind, Body, Agility, Strength and Energy. Let's break these down.

Mind (head): This is your intelligence. In battle mode, this can also be considered your big ol head.
Body (your body, duh): This is your toughness. In battle mode, this is the thing your appendages is attached to.
Agility (legs): This is your speed and nimbleness. In battle mode, this is your legs.
Strength (Arms): This is how strong you are. In battle mode, these are your arms and hands.
Energy: This is any energized projection your character may have: Fire, water, magnetism, magic or laser whips coming out of your nose.

In battle mode, when two opponents meet they will attack with one of their attributes against any part of their opponents attributes.
Ex:

Marvel Man: I use Mind (head) to attack your Body.

After explaining how he'll attack, Marvel Man will then explain his attack. As the RPer, you may describe your attack any way you choose. Be creative. You may simply yell out the name of an attack or you may go into detail, it's completely up to you.
Ex 1:

Marvel Man: As (insert character name here) walks quietly through the cavern, he eyes (insert opponents name here) in the distance. Without hesitation he (creates some ingenious trap).

Ex 2:

Marvel Man: SONIC LASER EYE ATTACK!! (attack shoots sonic lasers from eyes)

Either way or anyway is acceptable. Now, this is a turn based RP; meaning only one attack per post and per round. You attack and then your opponent attacks. You attack and then your opponent attacks. Until somebody dies (which I will inform you of).

Defense:

Now, just because you attack doesn't mean it will always prevail and not every turn has to be an attack. You may also use your turn to defend. All you have to do is say you choose defense and pick an attribute to defend with. As well, not every defense will prevail. Hint: Defend and attack with your more powerful attributes. The trick is trying to find out the weak points of your opponent and beating that spot to a pulp. Hint: Think about the opponent and think about what would be weak on that opponent. If your opponent is a Jelly Blob more than likely he's not going to be very smart. Aim for the Mind (Head).

Here's an example (a rather weak one) of what an entire match should look like (I'll use Marvel Man and Darkender as models):

Marvel Man: Mind (head) attacks Body
(insert characters name here) fires eye beams at (insert opponents name here)

Darkender: Defense: body
(insert characters name here's) body becomes rock hard.

Marvel Man: Agility (legs) attacks Strength (arms)
(insert characters name here) flys forward and kicks (opponent) in the arms.

Darkender: Strength attacks body
Grabs (opponent) by the waist and slams him against the wall.

This will continue until I've tallied the points and determined the winner. At which point, I will close the topic and announce the winner of that round. The winner will advance to the next round.

Attribute Bonus:
Winners of each round will get an attribute power up. The winner will get to steal one attribute level from your defeated opponents strongest attribute. I will PM you your new stats. If your attribute is maxed in that stat, then you will take your opponents next strongest attribute. The loser just dies and scurries home.

The Peoples Choice
As an added bonus, I will place a Poll and Havenites can vote on who they think the winner was during the fight. If the winner of the poll was also the winner of the match, he/she will also get an extra attribute of my choosing. Congrats.

I guess this sums up the game. Now, post your questions and I will answer as many as I can before I post the RP tomorrow.

--------------------
Ursa: You are master of all you survey.
General Zod: [bored] So I was yesterday. And the day before.

QUOTE (SilverSurfer092 @ Apr 9 2009, 03:27 AM)
WTFYES  Treacherous is full of pwnage.
Ethan
Posted: May 1 2009, 08:46 PM

The Gorram Hypocyte™

Group: Members
Member No.: 82

Cool, that's awesome, can you go into further detail of the mathmatic system? Oh, and do size count? (Kaiju...)
treacherous
Posted: May 1 2009, 08:53 PM

QUOTE (Ethan @ May 1 2009, 08:46 PM)
Cool, that's awesome, can you go into further detail of the mathmatic system? Oh, and do size count? (Kaiju...)

I will not go into any detail of the mathmatic system. It's mine. I am 100% honest. I will tally points. I will determine the winner. I might add in descriptions of what your attacks did to each other after or during the fight. Maybe.

For instance, if you attack mind against body, at the end or during, I might edit your post and say this attack failed or completely shattered the body or something like that.

Size matters not. All that matters is the attributes. If you say,

strength attacks head
I throw a building at Marvel Man.

That's okay, if you have the power to do it. To pick up a building, you would have to be a 5 level strength. A 4 may destroy the building and throw parts of it at the opponent, but a 4 can't pick up a building. Maybe a house. I won't be that detailed about it. I'll let a lot slide as long as it's not too ridiculous.

--------------------

Jailer411
Posted: May 1 2009, 09:09 PM

The one and only.

Member No.: 175

Wouldn't you eventually figure out the other players attributes by watching the outcomes of their attacks?

--------------------
4/24/11 8:48CMT

Signature has been changed, forum remains locked.
treacherous
Posted: May 1 2009, 09:10 PM

I expected to be flooded with questions by now. Good. You guys are smart. Anyway, now I'm trying to figure out, who will be first to battle. I may just pick names out of a hat. I guess you can challenge anybody who signed up too. I might do request.

--------------------

treacherous
Posted: May 1 2009, 09:11 PM

QUOTE (Jailer411 @ May 1 2009, 09:09 PM)
Wouldn't you eventually figure out the other players attributes by watching the outcomes of their attacks?

Yup, If I throw out the outcomes. If I do, you better play smart. happy.gif

--------------------

Jailer411
Posted: May 1 2009, 09:15 PM

The one and only.

QUOTE (treacherous @ May 1 2009, 03:11 PM)
Yup, If I throw out the outcomes. If I do, you better play smart. happy.gif

Okay, but if Ethan starts throwing buildings, I'm marking his power at 5....and will stay the hell away from him.

--------------------

treacherous
Posted: May 1 2009, 09:16 PM

Who knows. I may throw in loopholes. If your getting stomped too bad and I feel bad for you, I may throw in something during the match that increases an attribute before your turn.

ex:
A rock falls from the ceiling (+1 Strength).

You can use the rock to bash your opponents head. I don't know. I just thought of that.

--------------------

treacherous
Posted: May 1 2009, 09:17 PM

QUOTE (Jailer411 @ May 1 2009, 09:15 PM)
Okay, but if Ethan starts throwing buildings, I'm marking his power at 5....and will stay the hell away from him.

Very good, Jailer. Now stop giving hints away to the lesser intelligent beings. rolleyes.gif

--------------------

Jailer411
Posted: May 1 2009, 09:29 PM

The one and only.

QUOTE (treacherous @ May 1 2009, 03:17 PM)
Very good, Jailer.  Now stop giving hints away to the lesser intelligent beings.  rolleyes.gif

Please, I've found a lot more things that will help me out.

--------------------

treacherous
Posted: May 1 2009, 09:43 PM

Good.

--------------------

Jailer411
Posted: May 1 2009, 09:46 PM

The one and only.

Okay, now that's out of the way.

Are you going to post what you are able to do with each number level of the attributes?

--------------------

nicker
Posted: May 1 2009, 10:05 PM

Expert

Member No.: 223

Ko ra wants to fight Jailer's guy. happy.gif

--------------------
Ethan
Posted: May 1 2009, 10:24 PM

The Gorram Hypocyte™

Member No.: 82

QUOTE (Jailer411 @ May 1 2009, 09:46 PM)

Why you sumbitch! angry.gif Couldn't ya just kept that for ya self! Oh well, it'll make it more of a challenge, heh.

I challenge Nicker!
nicker
Posted: May 1 2009, 10:26 PM

Expert

Member No.: 223

QUOTE (Ethan @ May 1 2009, 10:24 PM)
Why you sumbitch! angry.gif Couldn't ya just kept that for ya self! Oh well, it'll make it more of a challenge, heh.

I challenge Nicker!

... Your a giant monster and I am a mummy....

--------------------
« Next Oldest | OOC Boards | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (10) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0349 seconds · Archive