Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Haven Of Wiidom. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Stonewall Jackson, What if?
Marvel Man
Posted: Apr 3 2009, 04:01 AM

The Marvel Crusader

Group: Members
Member No.: 89

What if?

What if Stonewall Jackson was not killed before the battle of Gettysburg?
------------------
It's the American Civil War. The US's bloodiest war to date. Brother vs Brother. South vs North. Son vs Father. Slavery vs No Slavery. State Rights vs Government. Rebs vs Yankees. Funny south accent vs north accent. Etc.

Yes, during this terrible war, the states were divided, with one side being the Confederates, and the other the Union. It's early in the war, and the South's chances at winning are pretty good. Despite being outnumbered, outgunned, having less factories, and a bunch of other things, the South has battled bravely. Led by superior leaders, such as Robert E. Lee, Stonewall Jackson, and others, the South has won Manansass, Bull Run, and other battles.

In one of these, Jackson achieves great fame. His bravery and superior leadership earns him the nickname "stonewall", which is passed on to his army, the "Stonewall" Brigade.

With high hopes. The South prepares to invade the North.

But, tragedy struck. On a scouting mission, Jackson is shot by his own men. He loses his left arm, and then dies from the wound. The loss is great.

"He lost his left arm, but I, my right..."
- General Robert E. Lee, Head of Confederate Army.

Still, the South continues the invasion. And in a small town of Gettysburg, history is made. The South battles bravely once more, but due to several misunderstandings and problems in leadership, the North achieves a great victory. Some call it the turning point in the war.

The South never attempts another invasion. Lincoln delivers the Gettysburg Adress, and wins the elections. North victories begin to pile up. Finally, the South is crushed.

But what if... What if Jackson didn't die? What if he was there to lead the Stonewall Brigade at Gettysburg? What would've happened?

--------------------

user posted image
OFFICIAL 2x HAVEN WRITING COMPETITION CHAMPION!!
OFFICIAL 2ND PLACE WRITER IN ADMIN CONTEST!!

"Do you know what happens to toads that are struck by lightning?
The same thing that happens to everything else."

-Storm
Solomon
Posted: Apr 3 2009, 07:08 PM

Head Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

--------------------

"The first shot rang out from somewhere and I heard a bullet wiz by my face. With my pump action shotgun ready, I shoot the first fool I see."

Grano's so gangster.
Marvel Man
Posted: Apr 3 2009, 08:21 PM

The Marvel Crusader

mellow.gif

I didn't see that....

--------------------

user posted image

-Storm
granobulax
Posted: Apr 3 2009, 08:43 PM

He's even got his hand over where I live...

Group: Admin
Member No.: 35

QUOTE (Marvel Man @ Apr 3 2009, 08:21 PM)
mellow.gif

I didn't see that....

I don't think he expected you to see that. It was a deeply burried thread.

--------------------

I scare little kids.
user posted image

QUOTE (treacherous @ Aug 16 2008, 12:12 PM)
RRRAOAAOAOAORRARRAA!!...  Blue lights and sirens rang through the night!! Yeah, they all wanna kill each other... HERE ME CITY!! THE STREETS BELONG TO THE GANGS NOW!! THIS IS THE NEW ORDER!! PREPARE FOR CHAOS!!

Solomon and I may be gangsta, but treach is the gangsta of the year!
Marvel Man
Posted: Apr 3 2009, 10:08 PM

The Marvel Crusader

QUOTE (granobulax @ Apr 3 2009, 08:43 PM)
QUOTE (Marvel Man @ Apr 3 2009, 08:21 PM)
mellow.gif

I didn't see that....

I don't think he expected you to see that. It was a deeply burried thread.

Thanks.

Well, I guess it's back to the other sections....

--------------------

user posted image

-Storm
Judge Death
Posted: Apr 6 2009, 02:24 PM

Busy with other things

Member No.: 243

I read a great book, I forget what it was called though. I'll have to find out next time I go to my grandparents, but it was essentially the truth of the Civil War. Actually, Lincoln did outlaw slavery, but he continued having shipments of Africans coming in. He had sold them all, to the North and the South, then legally stole every single person the South owned. Why do they not tell you this? Because the South had God in their army. They prayed every day before going into battle, and historians tend t have a disliking towards Christians. Hey Leif Erikson was the first white man to come to America, heck, Christopher Columbus was Hispanic. The origin of Thanksgiving was especially fascinating. Ask me if you want to know.

--------------------
Quit being an @$$ SS
« Next Oldest | What if... | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0294 seconds · Archive