zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Haven Of Wiidom. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )

Yet another twist on WWII
granobulax
Posted: Mar 18 2009, 10:34 PM

He's even got his hand over where I live...

Group: Admin
Member No.: 35

What if the US wasn't fighting Japan at the same time either and could focus all of it's forces on Germany?

--------------------

I scare little kids.
user posted image

QUOTE (treacherous @ Aug 16 2008, 12:12 PM)
RRRAOAAOAOAORRARRAA!!...  Blue lights and sirens rang through the night!! Yeah, they all wanna kill each other... HERE ME CITY!! THE STREETS BELONG TO THE GANGS NOW!! THIS IS THE NEW ORDER!! PREPARE FOR CHAOS!!

Solomon and I may be gangsta, but treach is the gangsta of the year!
Solomon
Posted: Mar 19 2009, 02:40 AM

Head Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

QUOTE (M Bison @ Mar 18 2009, 09:58 PM)
QUOTE (Solomon @ Mar 18 2009, 09:29 PM)
@Hamboy:
"Western Europe defended itself bravely, but that's all they did, defend."
-For the most part it seems that to stop the Nazi's from advancing any further. Then in 1944 on the beaches of Normandy the allied forces took the offensive, but I agree the Soviets caused significant damage to the Nazi's especially at Stalingrad.

True, but the West would have been crushed without the Soviets, the USSR did the most damage, and could have won that war single handedly.

No doubt. Without the significant damage caused by the Soviet Union the Allies would have a much more difficult time. However I disagree with you when you say that the USSR could have done it single handedly. First of they lacked the supplies to be ale to fight the Axis Powers alone.Think about this during the war sometimes Russian soldiers weren't even given rifles. Now your taking everyone else except the USSR? That's more fighting for them which means more supplies is being used. Secondly, on the ground Russia was insane. On the sea it was a different story. Without the US to deal with the Japanese navy they could have most likely blockaded the Russian harbors along the east coast. Third reason they wouldnt have been able to win is the fact that without the losses sustained from trying to break through western defenses Germany could have very well pushed the Russians backwards into their own territory. Then you have Japan coming in from the east, and Kapow! The USSR is done for.

--------------------

"The first shot rang out from somewhere and I heard a bullet wiz by my face. With my pump action shotgun ready, I shoot the first fool I see."

Grano's so gangster.
« Next Oldest | What if... | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2] 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0525 seconds · Archive