zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Haven Of Wiidom. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (7) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

The RPing debate.
Darkender
Posted: Mar 9 2009, 11:21 PM

Mr. Ego

Group: Members
Member No.: 10

QUOTE (Solomon @ Mar 9 2009, 06:18 PM)
@Darkender: Perhaps things should be more relaxed though. This a place to hangout, not a military school.

Note: I don't neccesarily agree or disagree with you. I just want to get the entire view, if you know what I mean.

Also, you say that I have to choose one or the other? Not true. Who said we couldn't have a limited policy on Rping outside of Non-RP sections, rather than total abolishment?

If you're talking about Pseudonym's idea I can tell you now that won't fix the problem. It'll only patch it up for a while, then sooner or later it's full blown back to where we started. Working backwards as I said before.

--------------------
Solomon
Posted: Mar 9 2009, 11:22 PM

Head Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Videogameman, cut the quote windows before you post. Thanks.

--------------------

"The first shot rang out from somewhere and I heard a bullet wiz by my face. With my pump action shotgun ready, I shoot the first fool I see."

Grano's so gangster.
Darkender
Posted: Mar 9 2009, 11:22 PM

Mr. Ego

QUOTE (Solomon @ Mar 9 2009, 06:21 PM)
QUOTE (videogameman @ Mar 9 2009, 11:18 PM)

But you see, Darkender, the RPG board does not allow for regular conversation, as it's almost always some epic fight. RPing is a way to get a point across, like {Facepalm} shows how you are dissapointed with yourself or dissapointment in another.

There are ways to convey your thoughts other than RPing. That's one of my problems with RPing in Non-RP zones, it causes people to loose all amounts of intellect, and all hopes of serious disscussion are thrown out the window.

My point. I don't think if you need to Rp to get a point across, if you have any intellect at all.

--------------------
Solomon
Posted: Mar 9 2009, 11:23 PM

Head Admin

QUOTE (Darkender @ Mar 9 2009, 11:21 PM)

If you're talking about Pseudonym's idea I can tell you now that won't fix the problem. It'll only patch it up for a while, then sooner or later it's full blown back to where we started. Working backwards as I said before.

I'm not talking about his solution. Your right it will solve nothing. He gets points for trying though.

--------------------

"The first shot rang out from somewhere and I heard a bullet wiz by my face. With my pump action shotgun ready, I shoot the first fool I see."

Grano's so gangster.
Solomon
Posted: Mar 9 2009, 11:24 PM

Head Admin

QUOTE (Darkender @ Mar 9 2009, 11:22 PM)

My point. I don't think if you need to Rp to get a point across, if you have any intellect at all.

On the other side of the street you have to realize that body language/actions are an important part in conversation. Since such actions are impossible via the internet then people use Rping to convey an action which represents some sort of an emotion.

--------------------

Grano's so gangster.
Darkender
Posted: Mar 9 2009, 11:25 PM

Mr. Ego

QUOTE (Solomon @ Mar 9 2009, 06:23 PM)
QUOTE (Darkender @ Mar 9 2009, 11:21 PM)

I'm not talking about his solution. Your right it will solve nothing. He gets points for trying though.

Then how will you choose both?

--------------------
Solomon
Posted: Mar 9 2009, 11:26 PM

Head Admin

QUOTE (Darkender @ Mar 9 2009, 11:25 PM)

Then how will you choose both?

I'm working on it. This topic will determine my descion.

--------------------

Grano's so gangster.
Darkender
Posted: Mar 9 2009, 11:27 PM

Mr. Ego

QUOTE (Solomon @ Mar 9 2009, 06:24 PM)
[QUOTE=Darkender,Mar 9 2009, 11:22 PM]
On the other side of the street you have to realize that body language/actions are an important part in conversation. Since such actions are impossible via the internet then people use Rping to convey an action which represents some sort of an emotion.

Not really. There is no need to tell the hand motions your making over the internet. I don't really see the point of opening up Rping to the rest of the board.

--------------------
Solomon
Posted: Mar 9 2009, 11:27 PM

Head Admin

QUOTE (SilverSurfer092 @ Mar 9 2009, 11:17 PM)

From now on, if I don't give a reason why, assume it's because I said so.

"Only intellectual reasoning is allowed"

--------------------

Grano's so gangster.
Solomon
Posted: Mar 9 2009, 11:29 PM

Head Admin

QUOTE (Darkender @ Mar 9 2009, 11:27 PM)

Not really. There is no need to tell the hand motions your making over the internet. I don't really see the point of opening up Rping to the rest of the board.

Ok, next time you talk to someone do the following things...

Stare out into space.

Don't blink

Don't move any part of your body.

Don't show any emotions what so ever.

Never change the tone of your voice.

--------------------

Grano's so gangster.
Darkender
Posted: Mar 9 2009, 11:31 PM

Mr. Ego

[QUOTE=Solomon,Mar 9 2009, 06:29 PM] [QUOTE=Darkender,Mar 9 2009, 11:27 PM]
Ok, next time you talk to someone do the following things...

Stare out into space.

Don't blink

Don't move any part of your body.

Don't show any emotions what so ever.

Never change the tone of your voice. [/QUOTE]
Did I, or I not say "over the interent"? You don't need to know if I just blinked while I was typing this sentence. What good will come of this again? Other than the obvious answer "We get to go crazy and have fun and slap each other with chickens!".

--------------------
Pseudonym
Posted: Mar 10 2009, 12:16 AM

FPL Failure

Member No.: 203

QUOTE (videogameman @ Mar 9 2009, 11:14 PM)
QUOTE (Solomon @ Mar 9 2009, 11:12 PM)
QUOTE (Darkender @ Mar 9 2009, 11:05 PM)
I thought we were to try to get away from the stupidity? I don't think we should be going backwards in our progress. Why should we need to Rp in every post we make when there is a whole section for it! I say we keep the rule we have going, and make it stricter.

No RPing in Non RP sections, (I'll call it NRP for short).

When this site first started people could do pretty much whatever they wanted, and every topic would go for pages with little point or intention. After awhile things got boring and we tried to make the site a bit more serious, without loosing the fun factor. One of the things that was taken note of was the immaturity, and irresponsibility in RPing in non RP sections. Even the most serious of topics would end with:

*hits you with a chicken.

*DODGES THE CHICKEN

*NU-HUH YOU CAN"T DODGE THE CHICKEN!!!

...You get the point, so because of this continued idiocy the NRP rule was implemented. At first it seemed to put everyone at ease, and on a path to a more mature, yet still fun website. However in retrospect I realize that this rule may have placed too strong of a binding on this site. Simpily put on one hand I want this site to be one of intellect, and maturity, but at the same time I want it to be relaxing, fun, and enjoyable.

Hmm, a difficult problem. I say P-Dog{cause I can't spell his name} had a good idea.

I LOVE IT

--------------------

Give me half.
Darkender
Posted: Mar 10 2009, 12:21 AM

Mr. Ego

QUOTE (Pseudonym @ Mar 9 2009, 07:16 PM)
I thought we were to try to get away from the stupidity? I don't think we should be going backwards in our progress. Why should we need to Rp in every post we make when there is a whole section for it! I say we keep the rule we have going, and make it stricter.

When this site first started people could do pretty much whatever they wanted, and every topic would go for pages with little point or intention. After awhile things got boring and we tried to make the site a bit more serious, without loosing the fun factor. One of the things that was taken note of was the immaturity, and irresponsibility in RPing in non RP sections. Even the most serious of topics would end with:

*DODGES THE CHICKEN

...You get the point, so because of this continued idiocy the NRP rule was implemented. At first it seemed to put everyone at ease, and on a path to a more mature, yet still fun website. However in retrospect I realize that this rule may have placed too strong of a binding on this site. Simpily put on one hand I want this site to be one of intellect, and maturity, but at the same time I want it to be relaxing, fun, and enjoyable.

Hmm, a difficult problem. I say P-Dog{cause I can't spell his name} had a good idea.

I LOVE IT

Too bad it won't be used.

--------------------
videogameman
Posted: Mar 10 2009, 12:21 AM

Lifelong Expert

Member No.: 55

QUOTE (Darkender @ Mar 10 2009, 12:21 AM)
QUOTE (Pseudonym @ Mar 9 2009, 07:16 PM)

*DODGES THE CHICKEN

I LOVE IT

Too bad it won't be used.

Well, it saves time, so I'm using it.

--------------------

You're truely evil if you've destroyed books!-Bookman, a charecter I made.

Why is it that video games always take the fall? TV and movies are just as bad! So, i videogameman, became Wack Thompson, and campainged agianst movies and TV, removing attention from video games and saving the field.-videogameman, another charecter I made.
Jailer411
Posted: Mar 10 2009, 12:23 AM

The one and only.

Member No.: 175

You should be allowed to RP when the admins deem you mature enough to use it sparingly.

THAT'S BULL!!!!!

--------------------
4/24/11 8:48CMT

Signature has been changed, forum remains locked.
« Next Oldest | Chit-Chat | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic OptionsPages: (7) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last »

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0397 seconds · Archive