zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Haven Of Wiidom. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Link in Lord of the Rings
Guardian of Nesh
Posted: Dec 4 2008, 06:41 PM

A mole of legendarinesss

Group: Admin
Member No.: 68

Okay as aspecial continuation of an old CBUB match (Link vs The One Ring) I pose the question, If Link (OoT) had replaced the Hobbits in the Fellowship could he have made it to Mordor and cast the Ring into the fires of Mt. Doom? How would the quest be differnt?

So a fully equipped Adult OoT Link is now the Ringbearer and is setting out from Rivendale with:
Aragorn son of Arathorn
Legolas of the Woodland Realm
Gimli son of Gloin
Borimir son of Denethor
Gandalf the Grey

Can Link do what a hobbit did and how?

--------------------

'I'm going to die; if this wasteland doesn't kill me the Avatars will. I'm the last Technomancer; as I go so goes my culture.' The thought was serene, not fearful at all. If he was going to die, he'd die fighting; he'd make sure that the Technomancers were never forgotten. Morshan Sakru: The Last Technomancer would be a name all Avatar would shutter at the thought of for etenity. Morshan now knew what happened to a man who had nothing left to live for but vengence: he became a monster.
MarvelFan15
Posted: Apr 10 2009, 11:51 PM

A God Among Heroes

Group: Members
Member No.: 232

I'm sure Link has the heart to do it.

--------------------
Points Hmm....

To All of Those who don't know me....

I am the thief in the night...watching in the shadows...waiting...
I am the Godslayer!
I am the Demon Tamer!
I am the World-Conqurer!

And for those of you who don't respect me...
You will...
user posted image
Bloody_Freak
Posted: Apr 11 2009, 12:12 AM

Fiction God

Member No.: 33

Link is corrupted. Bilbo had a great heart as well, look what happened to him. Imagine if he had to carry it all the way to Mt. Doom... Not pretty.

Assuming this isn't game physics, he might even be killed. xD

Plus, I don't think there's many people who could do it without Sam.

--------------------
Guardian of Nesh
Posted: Apr 11 2009, 12:20 AM

A mole of legendarinesss

QUOTE (Bloody_Freak @ Apr 10 2009, 07:12 PM)
Link is corrupted. Bilbo had a great heart as well, look what happened to him. Imagine if he had to carry it all the way to Mt. Doom... Not pretty.

Link has the Triforce of Courage whicch dampens his lust for power (and wisdom the other to pieces of the Triforce0 to just about nil. Keep in mind this a divine artifact as well.

--------------------

'I'm going to die; if this wasteland doesn't kill me the Avatars will. I'm the last Technomancer; as I go so goes my culture.' The thought was serene, not fearful at all. If he was going to die, he'd die fighting; he'd make sure that the Technomancers were never forgotten. Morshan Sakru: The Last Technomancer would be a name all Avatar would shutter at the thought of for etenity. Morshan now knew what happened to a man who had nothing left to live for but vengence: he became a monster.
Bloody_Freak
Posted: Apr 11 2009, 12:37 AM

Fiction God

QUOTE (The Last Technomancer @ Apr 10 2009, 08:20 PM)

Link has the Triforce of Courage whicch dampens his lust for power (and wisdom the other to pieces of the Triforce0 to just about nil. Keep in mind this a divine artifact as well.

I'm pretty sure The One Ring is so strong that it doesn't matter what magical or divine enchantments are cast over you. Even Gandalf, a wizard far greater than anything EVER to walk the lands of Hyrule or anywhere near it was afraid to touch it. The triforces will be but a small challenge to overcome. The One Ring will corrupt anyone who holds it, it's only a matter of time.

--------------------
Guardian of Nesh
Posted: Apr 11 2009, 01:02 AM

A mole of legendarinesss

QUOTE (Bloody_Freak @ Apr 10 2009, 07:37 PM)
QUOTE (The Last Technomancer @ Apr 10 2009, 08:20 PM)

I'm pretty sure The One Ring is so strong that it doesn't matter what magical or divine enchantments are cast over you. Even Gandalf, a wizard far greater than anything EVER to walk the lands of Hyrule or anywhere near it was afraid to touch it. The triforces will be but a small challenge to overcome. The One Ring will corrupt anyone who holds it, it's only a matter of time.

Link would have nothing to gain from keeping the Ring though.

--------------------

MarvelFan15
Posted: Apr 11 2009, 01:26 AM

A God Among Heroes

Member No.: 232

Told you Link could pull through... unsure.gif

--------------------
Points Hmm....

To All of Those who don't know me....

I am the thief in the night...watching in the shadows...waiting...
I am the Godslayer!
I am the Demon Tamer!
I am the World-Conqurer!

And for those of you who don't respect me...
You will...
user posted image
Bloody_Freak
Posted: Apr 11 2009, 02:34 AM

Fiction God

QUOTE (The Last Technomancer @ Apr 10 2009, 09:02 PM)
Link would have nothing to gain from keeping the Ring though.

laugh.gif So? Did Frodo have anything to gain from keeping it? No! The point is, it makes you want it... Scratch that... Need it! Logic doesn't exist when your in the presence of the ring.

--------------------
Bloody_Freak
Posted: Apr 11 2009, 02:37 AM

Fiction God

QUOTE (MarvelFan15 @ Apr 10 2009, 09:26 PM)
Told you Link could pull through... unsure.gif

Am I not convincing you yet man? Dang, I thought I was doing good. happy.gif

--------------------
« Next Oldest | Normal Fights | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0362 seconds · Archive