zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Haven Of Wiidom. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (3) 1 2 [3]  ( Go to first unread post )

Disgusting, I hope all Mormons aren't like this
Guardian of Nesh
Posted: Nov 11 2008, 11:59 PM

A mole of legendarinesss

Group: Admin
Member No.: 68

QUOTE (Bassetman @ Nov 11 2008, 06:57 PM)
QUOTE (Guardian of Nesh @ Nov 11 2008, 10:00 PM)
QUOTE (M Bison @ Nov 11 2008, 01:11 PM)
http://edition.cnn.com/2008/US/11/11/bapti...s.ap/index.html

Baptising dead Jews? F off. How would you like people to try and change your faith after you died. Go back to your own practices and leave everyone else alone.

As a Mormon, I feel I must step in here. We don't actully baptize the corpses. We do it by proxy. Our belief is that the spirit goes to a spirit world and that the truth is being taught there. If a person accepts the still need the rituals such as baptism done so people subsitute for them because they don't have a body but ulimately it's still the person's choice and we ment no offense to anyone.

So you're spreading your customs to a foreign religion?

When they're dead?

We're just giving the spirits their choice; it's up to the dead whether or not they accept it.

--------------------

'I'm going to die; if this wasteland doesn't kill me the Avatars will. I'm the last Technomancer; as I go so goes my culture.' The thought was serene, not fearful at all. If he was going to die, he'd die fighting; he'd make sure that the Technomancers were never forgotten. Morshan Sakru: The Last Technomancer would be a name all Avatar would shutter at the thought of for etenity. Morshan now knew what happened to a man who had nothing left to live for but vengence: he became a monster.
Bassetman
Posted: Nov 12 2008, 12:01 AM

Gentleman Skeleton

Member No.: 20

QUOTE (Guardian of Nesh @ Nov 11 2008, 11:59 PM)

Baptising dead Jews? F off. How would you like people to try and change your faith after you died. Go back to your own practices and leave everyone else alone.

As a Mormon, I feel I must step in here. We don't actully baptize the corpses. We do it by proxy. Our belief is that the spirit goes to a spirit world and that the truth is being taught there. If a person accepts the still need the rituals such as baptism done so people subsitute for them because they don't have a body but ulimately it's still the person's choice and we ment no offense to anyone.

When they're dead?

We're just giving the spirits their choice; it's up to the dead whether or not they accept it.

I still don't see the point. What you just said is a mormon belief. Not a Jew's.

It's like a girl raping a dead gay guy, and saying "He finally got what he always wanted."

--------------------
darkender
Posted: Nov 12 2008, 12:04 AM

Mr. Ego

Group: Members
Member No.: 10

So in their religion the gods tell them that they want to be baptized

--------------------
Guardian of Nesh
Posted: Nov 12 2008, 12:08 AM

A mole of legendarinesss

Member No.: 68

QUOTE (Bassetman @ Nov 11 2008, 07:01 PM)

When they're dead?

I still don't see the point. What you just said is a mormon belief. Not a Jew's.

It's like a girl raping a dead gay guy, and saying "He finally got what he always wanted."

We just want to help people and we'll find who's right in the end. I already told you we stopped that practice per request; we usall use geneolgy work to baptize people in our family lines.

--------------------

'I'm going to die; if this wasteland doesn't kill me the Avatars will. I'm the last Technomancer; as I go so goes my culture.' The thought was serene, not fearful at all. If he was going to die, he'd die fighting; he'd make sure that the Technomancers were never forgotten. Morshan Sakru: The Last Technomancer would be a name all Avatar would shutter at the thought of for etenity. Morshan now knew what happened to a man who had nothing left to live for but vengence: he became a monster.
Bassetman
Posted: Nov 12 2008, 12:13 AM

Gentleman Skeleton

Member No.: 20

QUOTE (Guardian of Nesh @ Nov 12 2008, 12:08 AM)
QUOTE (Bassetman @ Nov 11 2008, 07:01 PM)

When they're dead?

We just want to help people and we'll find who's right in the end. I already told you we stopped that practice per request; we usall use geneolgy work to baptize people in our family lines.

We just want to help people

This phrase reminds me of how my Aunt didn't vote for Barack Obama because he'll get shot. "I'm doing him a favor, he'll thank me in the end."

and we'll find who's right in the end.

Ugh. Personally, I'd rather just lie there. I don't want to take my chances with this 'Heaven or Hell' thing.

I already told you we stopped that practice per request; we usall use geneolgy work to baptize people in our family lines.

That's all we ask. wink.gif

Good talk, my friend. happy.gif

--------------------
Phalanx
Posted: Nov 12 2008, 12:17 AM

Okami... Best Wii game I've played so far!

Member No.: 1

Well no offense to your religion, Nesh, but I find that practice quite controversial, yet kinda unique. But I agree the long dead adherents of Judaism shouldn't have to suffer this.

--------------------
« Next Oldest | Chit-Chat | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 2 [3] 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2903 seconds · Archive