zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Haven Of Wiidom. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (3) 1 [2] 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Disgusting, I hope all Mormons aren't like this
super_wolverine_Man
Posted: Nov 11 2008, 08:54 PM

Head Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

This is messed up.

--------------------

"The first shot rang out from somewhere and I heard a bullet wiz by my face. With my pump action shotgun ready, I shoot the first fool I see."

Grano's so gangster.
super_wolverine_Man
Posted: Nov 11 2008, 09:13 PM

Head Admin

QUOTE (Phalanx @ Nov 11 2008, 07:50 PM)
QUOTE (Bassetman @ Nov 11 2008, 07:20 PM)
Help me out here. Baptising?

The practice of Baptism is a common practice within mainstream sects of Christianity in which a guy gets into a pool of (relatively) clean water and dunks him or herself while renouncing that he or she has entered the Christian faith itself. Basically it's a holy ritual in which you leave your old self behind and as Jesus Christ would say you're "reborn".

Although, I don't see how you can do that to dead people, especially of different religious affiliations or sects.

That all depends on which form of Christianity you follow. In most christian sects you are baptized when you are a baby. The minister splashes "holy" water on your head. This signifies that you are clean, that your sins have been washed away.

Bassetman, the easiest way to explain this is that it is a traditional custom. It's somewhat comeparable to circumsion for the Jewish faith. Having a circumsion signifies that you have opened a covenant with God, (much like baptism), and that you are spirtually "clean".

--------------------

"The first shot rang out from somewhere and I heard a bullet wiz by my face. With my pump action shotgun ready, I shoot the first fool I see."

Grano's so gangster.
Phalanx
Posted: Nov 11 2008, 09:50 PM

Okami... Best Wii game I've played so far!

Member No.: 1

QUOTE (super_wolverine_Man @ Nov 11 2008, 09:13 PM)

The practice of Baptism is a common practice within mainstream sects of Christianity in which a guy gets into a pool of (relatively) clean water and dunks him or herself while renouncing that he or she has entered the Christian faith itself. Basically it's a holy ritual in which you leave your old self behind and as Jesus Christ would say you're "reborn".

Although, I don't see how you can do that to dead people, especially of different religious affiliations or sects.

That all depends on which form of Christianity you follow. In most christian sects you are baptized when you are a baby. The minister splashes "holy" water on your head. This signifies that you are clean, that your sins have been washed away.

Bassetman, the easiest way to explain this is that it is a traditional custom. It's somewhat comeparable to circumsion for the Jewish faith. Having a circumsion signifies that you have opened a covenant with God, (much like baptism), and that you are spirtually "clean".

Though baptism seems a lot less painful.

--------------------
super_wolverine_Man
Posted: Nov 11 2008, 09:51 PM

Head Admin

QUOTE (Phalanx @ Nov 11 2008, 09:50 PM)

True. laugh.gif

--------------------

Grano's so gangster.
Phalanx
Posted: Nov 11 2008, 09:52 PM

QUOTE (Leo Sanders @ Nov 11 2008, 08:31 PM)
Poor Jewish people can never catch a break. sad.gif

Yeah I feel ya. State of Israel forever! Don't forget the hindus, they never catch a break either. Sorry if it sounded like I'm carrying this topic into a different and uglier direction.

--------------------
Phalanx
Posted: Nov 11 2008, 09:52 PM

QUOTE (super_wolverine_Man @ Nov 11 2008, 09:51 PM)

True. laugh.gif

How does people get circumcised with fear of having their flesh cut?

--------------------
super_wolverine_Man
Posted: Nov 11 2008, 09:58 PM

Head Admin

QUOTE (Phalanx @ Nov 11 2008, 09:52 PM)
QUOTE (super_wolverine_Man @ Nov 11 2008, 09:51 PM)

True. laugh.gif

How does people get circumcised with fear of having their flesh cut?

huh.gif I don't follow.

--------------------

Grano's so gangster.
Guardian of Nesh
Posted: Nov 11 2008, 10:00 PM

A mole of legendarinesss

Member No.: 68

QUOTE (M Bison @ Nov 11 2008, 01:11 PM)
http://edition.cnn.com/2008/US/11/11/bapti...s.ap/index.html

Baptising dead Jews? F off. How would you like people to try and change your faith after you died. Go back to your own practices and leave everyone else alone.

As a Mormon, I feel I must step in here. We don't actully baptize the corpses. We do it by proxy. Our belief is that the spirit goes to a spirit world and that the truth is being taught there. If a person accepts the still need the rituals such as baptism done so people subsitute for them because they don't have a body but ulimately it's still the person's choice and we ment no offense to anyone.

--------------------

'I'm going to die; if this wasteland doesn't kill me the Avatars will. I'm the last Technomancer; as I go so goes my culture.' The thought was serene, not fearful at all. If he was going to die, he'd die fighting; he'd make sure that the Technomancers were never forgotten. Morshan Sakru: The Last Technomancer would be a name all Avatar would shutter at the thought of for etenity. Morshan now knew what happened to a man who had nothing left to live for but vengence: he became a monster.
M Bison
Posted: Nov 11 2008, 10:11 PM

Leader of Shadaloo, Soon ruler of the world

Member No.: 62

QUOTE (Guardian of Nesh @ Nov 11 2008, 10:00 PM)

Baptising dead Jews? F off. How would you like people to try and change your faith after you died. Go back to your own practices and leave everyone else alone.

As a Mormon, I feel I must step in here. We don't actully baptize the corpses. We do it by proxy. Our belief is that the spirit goes to a spirit world and that the truth is being taught there. If a person accepts the still need the rituals such as baptism done so people subsitute for them because they don't have a body but ulimately it's still the person's choice and we ment no offense to anyone.

Exept holocaust victims were killed for their faith.

And it is changed on record.

People researching their ancestors will see Mormon, not Jew.

It's a completely immoral practice.

--------------------

user posted image
"You know you're like the A-bomb? Everybody is laughing and having a good time, then you show up and BAM!"
http://hamish-campbell.mybrute.com
Guardian of Nesh
Posted: Nov 11 2008, 10:16 PM

A mole of legendarinesss

QUOTE (M Bison @ Nov 11 2008, 05:11 PM)

Exept holocaust victims were killed for their faith.

And it is changed on record.

People researching their ancestors will see Mormon, not Jew.

It's a completely immoral practice.

I don't judge you what right do you have to judge the practices of my faith; every faith in history has made mistakes and even athests will make some major mistake now or later.

--------------------

'I'm going to die; if this wasteland doesn't kill me the Avatars will. I'm the last Technomancer; as I go so goes my culture.' The thought was serene, not fearful at all. If he was going to die, he'd die fighting; he'd make sure that the Technomancers were never forgotten. Morshan Sakru: The Last Technomancer would be a name all Avatar would shutter at the thought of for etenity. Morshan now knew what happened to a man who had nothing left to live for but vengence: he became a monster.
M Bison
Posted: Nov 11 2008, 10:18 PM

Leader of Shadaloo, Soon ruler of the world

Member No.: 62

QUOTE (Guardian of Nesh @ Nov 11 2008, 10:16 PM)

I don't judge you what right do you have to judge the practices of my faith; every faith in history has made mistakes and even athests will make some major mistake now or later.

Just because it's faith doesn't make the practice wrong.

Look at Scientology.

And Satanism.

And Nazism.

All faiths (yes, even Nazism), but have many things wrong with them.

--------------------

user posted image
"You know you're like the A-bomb? Everybody is laughing and having a good time, then you show up and BAM!"
http://hamish-campbell.mybrute.com
Guardian of Nesh
Posted: Nov 11 2008, 10:22 PM

A mole of legendarinesss

QUOTE (M Bison @ Nov 11 2008, 05:18 PM)

Look at Scientology.

And Satanism.

And Nazism.

We already stopped anyway so it doesn't matter. I wasn't saying it wasn't wrong I was just saying you have noo right to judge. "Ye who is sinless cast the first stone."

--------------------

Phalanx
Posted: Nov 11 2008, 11:53 PM

QUOTE (M Bison @ Nov 11 2008, 10:18 PM)

Look at Scientology.

And Satanism.

And Nazism.

If there's anything remotely positive in Nazism other than for German or european supremacist nationalism, please let me know.

--------------------
Bassetman
Posted: Nov 11 2008, 11:57 PM

Gentleman Skeleton

Member No.: 20

So the mormons are spreading their customs to a foreign religion?

When they're dead?

--------------------
Phalanx
Posted: Nov 11 2008, 11:58 PM

Woah things are getting a mighty bit shaky here. Before you know it, there's going to be a small-scale, yet still insane religious war right here. *runs to the bomb shelter*

--------------------
« Next Oldest | Chit-Chat | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 [2] 3 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0456 seconds · Archive