zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Haven Of Wiidom. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

John Elway vs. Joe Montana, Who was better?

Who was better in their prime?
John Elway: [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Joe Montana: [ 2 ]  [100.00%]
Tie: [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Total Votes: 2
Guests cannot vote 
Wingman
  Posted on Jan 25 2008, 02:50 AM

I'm better than you. That's all I know.

Group: Admin
Member No.: 14

Simple. In his prime who was better, Joe Montana with the SF 49ers or John Elway with the Denver Broncos? Post now!!

--------------------
"Never in the course of human history has so much been owed by so many to so few."- Winston Churchill, commenting on the heroic struggles of the RAF against the German Luftwaffe.

----
I don't smoke, I don't chew... and I don't date girls who do.

----

War produces classic remarks by military commanders; on February 26, 1991, the US 1st Armored Division, the famous Big Red One, encountered the allegedly elite Iraqi Republican Guard. The divisional commander, Major General Ronald Griffiths, radioed his deputy, who was riding with the armored spearhead. "I understand we are engaging the Medina Division?" he said, referring to one of the crack Iraqi Guard divisions. "Negative, sir," came the reply. "We are destroying the Medina Division."
Great proof that despite their quantity, the Soviet tanks that NATO planners feared above all else could be shredded by the M1 Abrams, Challenger 2, Leopard 2, LeClerc, Ariete, and Merkava with ease. Patton would be proud.

Buzz Line
Posted on Feb 1 2008, 04:05 AM

Voice of the CBUB

Group: Members
Member No.: 15

Elway all tha waaaaay!

--------------------

You know you love em
user posted image
Wingman
  Posted on Feb 1 2008, 01:23 PM

QUOTE (Buzz Line @ Jan 31 2008, 11:05 PM)
Elway all tha waaaaay!

Thanks for the comment, dude.

--------------------
"Never in the course of human history has so much been owed by so many to so few."- Winston Churchill, commenting on the heroic struggles of the RAF against the German Luftwaffe.

----

----

War produces classic remarks by military commanders; on February 26, 1991, the US 1st Armored Division, the famous Big Red One, encountered the allegedly elite Iraqi Republican Guard. The divisional commander, Major General Ronald Griffiths, radioed his deputy, who was riding with the armored spearhead. "I understand we are engaging the Medina Division?" he said, referring to one of the crack Iraqi Guard divisions. "Negative, sir," came the reply. "We are destroying the Medina Division."
Great proof that despite their quantity, the Soviet tanks that NATO planners feared above all else could be shredded by the M1 Abrams, Challenger 2, Leopard 2, LeClerc, Ariete, and Merkava with ease. Patton would be proud.

super_wolverine_Man
Posted on Mar 11 2008, 10:06 PM

Head Admin

Member No.: 3

QUOTE (Wingman @ Jan 25 2008, 02:50 AM)
Simple. In his prime who was better, Joe Montana with the SF 49ers or John Elway with the Denver Broncos? Post now!!

Hi THERE biggrin.gif

--------------------

"The first shot rang out from somewhere and I heard a bullet wiz by my face. With my pump action shotgun ready, I shoot the first fool I see."

Grano's so gangster.
super_wolverine_Man
Posted on Mar 11 2008, 10:07 PM

Head Admin

QUOTE (super_wolverine_Man @ Mar 11 2008, 10:06 PM)

Hi THERE biggrin.gif

ohh and although i like both Montanna by a hair

--------------------

"The first shot rang out from somewhere and I heard a bullet wiz by my face. With my pump action shotgun ready, I shoot the first fool I see."

Grano's so gangster.
Wingman
Posted on Mar 12 2008, 12:55 PM

QUOTE (super_wolverine_Man @ Mar 11 2008, 05:06 PM)

Hi THERE biggrin.gif

WOLVIE!!!!! You're back!!!! Whazzup, fellow??!?!?

--------------------

----

----

super_wolverine_Man
Posted on Mar 12 2008, 01:48 PM

Head Admin

QUOTE (Wingman @ Mar 12 2008, 12:55 PM)
QUOTE (super_wolverine_Man @ Mar 11 2008, 05:06 PM)

Hi THERE biggrin.gif

WOLVIE!!!!! You're back!!!! Whazzup, fellow??!?!?

I'm back, finally sigh*, i'm seein' a lot of new names around here

--------------------

Grano's so gangster.
granobulax
Posted on Jun 2 2008, 03:30 PM

He's even got his hand over where I live...

Member No.: 35

The easiest way to compare these two is by what matters most, Superbowls. Montana has four wins, Elway has two.

--------------------

I scare little kids.
user posted image

QUOTE (treacherous @ Aug 16 2008, 12:12 PM)
RRRAOAAOAOAORRARRAA!!...  Blue lights and sirens rang through the night!! Yeah, they all wanna kill each other... HERE ME CITY!! THE STREETS BELONG TO THE GANGS NOW!! THIS IS THE NEW ORDER!! PREPARE FOR CHAOS!!

Solomon and I may be gangsta, but treach is the gangsta of the year!
super_wolverine_Man
Posted on Jun 2 2008, 09:20 PM

Head Admin

QUOTE (granobulax @ Jun 2 2008, 03:30 PM)
The easiest way to compare these two is by what matters most, Superbowls. Montana has four wins, Elway has two.

so if we do the math joe's 4 minus johns 2= joe montanna is twice as great as elway

--------------------

Grano's so gangster.
granobulax
Posted on Jun 2 2008, 11:14 PM

QUOTE (super_wolverine_Man @ Jun 2 2008, 09:20 PM)

so if we do the math joe's 4 minus johns 2= joe montanna is twice as great as elway

In terms of what matters most in sports, yes.

--------------------

I scare little kids.
user posted image

RRRAOAAOAOAORRARRAA!!...  Blue lights and sirens rang through the night!! Yeah, they all wanna kill each other... HERE ME CITY!! THE STREETS BELONG TO THE GANGS NOW!! THIS IS THE NEW ORDER!! PREPARE FOR CHAOS!!

Wingman
Posted on Jun 3 2008, 02:17 PM

QUOTE (super_wolverine_Man @ Jun 2 2008, 05:20 PM)

Ummm, I'm pretty sure Elway had three. Two against the Packers, one against the Falcons.

--------------------

----

----

granobulax
Posted on Jun 3 2008, 03:33 PM

QUOTE (Wingman @ Jun 3 2008, 02:17 PM)
QUOTE (super_wolverine_Man @ Jun 2 2008, 05:20 PM)

Ummm, I'm pretty sure Elway had three. Two against the Packers, one against the Falcons.

John Elway has been to five superbowls, but won only two ot them. In 1986, the Broncos played the Giants and lost 39-20. In 1987, the Broncos played the Redskins in the superbowl and lost 42-10. Then in 1989, the Broncos played against the 49ers and Joe Montana, the Broncos recorded the WORST superbowl loss in history by loosing 55-10. So in Elways first three superbowls, his team was outscored 131-40.

Elway didn't get his first superbowl win until 1998 when they beat the Packers 31-24. Elway's Broncos repeated as champions the following year by beating the Falcons 34-19. Elway retired after that.

Joe Montana however, won four superbowls. In the 1982 superbowl, the 49ers played the Bengals and won 26-21. Next, in 1984 the 49ers played Dan Marino and the Dolphins in the superbowl and won 38-16. In 1989, the 49ers played the Bengals in the superbowl again and won 20-16 in one of the greatest superbowls of all time. Montana's final superbowl was played against John Elway and the Broncos. In that game, Montana led the 49ers to the largest margin of victory in superbowl history and earned his third superbowl MVP, another record.

That is why I think Joe Montana is the greatest QB of all time. (I'm not even a 49ers fan either)

--------------------

I scare little kids.
user posted image

« Next Oldest | Members' Zones | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0490 seconds · Archive