Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Haven Of Wiidom. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (10) 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

I just noticed something.
darkender
Posted: Oct 27 2008, 01:37 AM

Mr. Ego

Group: Members
Member No.: 10

QUOTE (Guardian of Nesh @ Oct 27 2008, 01:34 AM)
QUOTE (darkender @ Oct 26 2008, 08:31 PM)
QUOTE (Guardian of Nesh @ Oct 27 2008, 01:29 AM)
QUOTE (darkender @ Oct 26 2008, 08:22 PM)
This is a little extreme. I mean, you shouldn't get suspended for typing something incorrectly. I think as long as you can read it without straining yourself its fine. Plus some people don't have the time to stop every sentence to check for grammar mistakes.

And once you've adapted to ND4's writing, (which we should have by now.), you have no problems reading it; it's like an accent or another language.

I"m not saying he shouldn't improve on his skills, I'm just saying if I'm having a day when I dont feel like typing and I spell things shorter I or anybody else shouldn't get in troubl for it.

I know I'm just saying ND4 isn't that hard to understand if you want to put in just a litttle effort but noooo, we all must be perfect for M Bison. rolleyes.gif dry.gif

Well I think we all know what he can do dry.gif ...

--------------------
super_wolverine_Man
Posted: Oct 27 2008, 01:39 AM

Head Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

The rule states that you should try your best to spell correctly and have your sentences be grammatically correct. It doesn't say anything about being perfect. Hamboy never said anything about being perfect.

Nesh, you and Hamboy have been bickering at each other for too long. Whats the deal?

--------------------

"The first shot rang out from somewhere and I heard a bullet wiz by my face. With my pump action shotgun ready, I shoot the first fool I see."

Grano's so gangster.
darkender
Posted: Oct 27 2008, 01:40 AM

Mr. Ego

QUOTE (super_wolverine_Man @ Oct 27 2008, 01:39 AM)
The rule states that you should try your best to spell correctly and have your sentences be grammatically correct. It doesn't say anything about being perfect. Also, using correct grammar you will see how much more credible your posts are.

Nesh, you and Hamboy have been bickering at each other for too long. Whats the deal?

M.Bison gets on alot of people's nerves thats what dry.gif

--------------------
Guardian of Nesh
Posted: Oct 27 2008, 01:44 AM

A mole of legendarinesss

Member No.: 68

QUOTE (super_wolverine_Man @ Oct 26 2008, 08:39 PM)
The rule states that you should try your best to spell correctly and have your sentences be grammatically correct. It doesn't say anything about being perfect. Also, using correct grammar you will see how much more credible your posts are.

The kid's 11; I wasn't much better at his age.

Anyway, about my problem with Hamboy, I just don't like how acts like he's better than everyone else and owns the place. I mean the guy doesn't even understand the concept of construtive critisism. I guess it just boils down to me looking for the good in people and him expecting them to be bad.

--------------------

'I'm going to die; if this wasteland doesn't kill me the Avatars will. I'm the last Technomancer; as I go so goes my culture.' The thought was serene, not fearful at all. If he was going to die, he'd die fighting; he'd make sure that the Technomancers were never forgotten. Morshan Sakru: The Last Technomancer would be a name all Avatar would shutter at the thought of for etenity. Morshan now knew what happened to a man who had nothing left to live for but vengence: he became a monster.
darkender
Posted: Oct 27 2008, 01:46 AM

Mr. Ego

QUOTE (Guardian of Nesh @ Oct 27 2008, 01:44 AM)

Anyway, about my problem with Hamboy, I just don't like how acts like he's better than everyon e else and owns the place. I mean the guy doesn't even understand the concept of construtive critisism. I guess it just boils down to me looking for the good in people and him expectin them to be bad.

Yes I feel the force in you growing. Let it guide you thru your path! dry.gif

--------------------
Guardian of Nesh
Posted: Oct 27 2008, 01:48 AM

A mole of legendarinesss

QUOTE (darkender @ Oct 26 2008, 08:46 PM)

Anyway, about my problem with Hamboy, I just don't like how acts like he's better than everyon e else and owns the place. I mean the guy doesn't even understand the concept of construtive critisism. I guess it just boils down to me looking for the good in people and him expectin them to be bad.

huh?

--------------------

'I'm going to die; if this wasteland doesn't kill me the Avatars will. I'm the last Technomancer; as I go so goes my culture.' The thought was serene, not fearful at all. If he was going to die, he'd die fighting; he'd make sure that the Technomancers were never forgotten. Morshan Sakru: The Last Technomancer would be a name all Avatar would shutter at the thought of for etenity. Morshan now knew what happened to a man who had nothing left to live for but vengence: he became a monster.
darkender
Posted: Oct 27 2008, 01:49 AM

Mr. Ego

QUOTE (Guardian of Nesh @ Oct 27 2008, 01:48 AM)

huh?

I'm extremly bored go on.

--------------------
Guardian of Nesh
Posted: Oct 27 2008, 01:55 AM

A mole of legendarinesss

QUOTE (darkender @ Oct 26 2008, 08:49 PM)
QUOTE (Guardian of Nesh @ Oct 27 2008, 01:48 AM)

huh?

I'm extremly bored go on.

Furthermore, Hammy tried to inact a policy without clearing it with Phalanax first. This is Phalanax's site and now M Bison gets to decide how punishments are dished out? How does that work?

--------------------

darkender
Posted: Oct 27 2008, 01:56 AM

Mr. Ego

YEA!!!! angry.gif dry.gif

--------------------
Phalanx
Posted: Oct 27 2008, 02:06 AM

Okami... Best Wii game I've played so far!

Member No.: 1

I believe posters in this forum should do the spelling/grammar perfectly or they will face five day suspension.

Nah I'm just yanking your chain.

But seriously, I oppose the five day suspension rule, it's a little too harsh and gee what was hamboy smoking this morning? A "Punishment on the Forums for Dummies" book? Wow wee.

Nonetheless, I still believe one should use spelling and grammar to the best of their ability. As long as it is within readable range, absolutely no punishment is required. Though if unreadable posts were made more than several times in a constant row, then I would perhaps suspend that user 1-2 days at most, if it gets straining enough.

ND4, as much as you do need and can improve your spelling/grammar, I think the 5 day suspension is just superfluous at best.

Oh and Nesh and I had this brief discussion over private messenging and it seems that hamboy is no longer admin.

--------------------
super_wolverine_Man
Posted: Oct 27 2008, 02:07 AM

Head Admin

You'll have to talk to hamboy the next time he is on. You've heard my side of it.

--------------------

"The first shot rang out from somewhere and I heard a bullet wiz by my face. With my pump action shotgun ready, I shoot the first fool I see."

Grano's so gangster.
Phalanx
Posted: Oct 27 2008, 02:08 AM

Okami... Best Wii game I've played so far!

Member No.: 1

QUOTE (super_wolverine_Man @ Oct 27 2008, 02:07 AM)
You'll have to talk to hamboy the next time he is on. You've heard my side of it.

wow it seems like judging by Nesh's tone, I'm not the only person who has a thing against hamboy and yet I'm trying to calm down to him for you guys.

--------------------
super_wolverine_Man
Posted: Oct 27 2008, 02:09 AM

Head Admin

QUOTE (Phalanx @ Oct 27 2008, 02:06 AM)
I believe posters in this forum should do the spelling/grammar perfectly or they will face five day suspension.

But seriously, I oppose the five day suspension rule, it's a little too harsh and gee what was hamboy smoking this morning? A "Punishment on the Forums for Dummies" book? Wow wee.

Nonetheless, I still believe one should use spelling and grammar to the best of their ability. As long as it is within readable range, absolutely no punishment is required. Though if unreadable posts were made more than several times in a constant row, then I would perhaps suspend that user 1-2 days at most, if it gets straining enough.

ND4, as much as you do need and can improve your spelling/grammar, I think the 5 day suspension is just superfluous at best.

Oh and Nesh and I had this brief discussion over private messenging and it seems that hamboy is no longer admin.

Two people who don't like him, deciding whether or not he should be admin?!? Yeah thats real fair!

--------------------

Grano's so gangster.
darkender
Posted: Oct 27 2008, 02:09 AM

Mr. Ego

QUOTE (Phalanx @ Oct 27 2008, 02:06 AM)

Oh....

--------------------
Guardian of Nesh
Posted: Oct 27 2008, 02:10 AM

A mole of legendarinesss

QUOTE (super_wolverine_Man @ Oct 26 2008, 09:07 PM)

We all think it's over the top but thew only way to stop Hammy from enforcing it was to take awy his power; banning is too harsh even for him.

--------------------

« Next Oldest | Chit-Chat | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (10) 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... Last »

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0423 seconds · Archive