Create your own social network with a free forum.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Haven Of Wiidom. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (5) « First ... 3 4 [5]  ( Go to first unread post )

Language?, Whats the limit

What do you think?
It all should be allowed [ 5 ]  [41.67%]
Anything in the PG 13 range [ 2 ]  [16.67%]
PG would be good [ 1 ]  [8.33%]
G like a disney movie [ 1 ]  [8.33%]
Anything as long as its funny and not offending anyone [ 3 ]  [25.00%]
Total Votes: 12
Guests cannot vote 
Phalanx
Posted on Oct 27 2008, 02:13 AM

Okami... Best Wii game I've played so far!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (darkender @ Oct 27 2008, 01:57 AM)
QUOTE (Phalanx @ Oct 27 2008, 01:55 AM)
QUOTE (darkender @ Oct 27 2008, 01:53 AM)
QUOTE (Phalanx @ Oct 27 2008, 01:51 AM)
Depends on the intent and situation itself. I allow all, but only when you're in a pissed off mood or something, though you might want to warn us first.

There's the word of the top admin!

that's just my basic guideline, I haven't thought up all the restrictions yet. But thanks anyway.

wink.gif dry.gif angry.gif

For me, there are several variables of allowing or prohibiting levels of profanity on the front to inner sanctum of my forum.

--------------------
darkender
Posted on Oct 27 2008, 02:17 AM

Mr. Ego

Group: Members
Member No.: 10

QUOTE (Phalanx @ Oct 27 2008, 02:13 AM)
Depends on the intent and situation itself. I allow all, but only when you're in a pissed off mood or something, though you might want to warn us first.

that's just my basic guideline, I haven't thought up all the restrictions yet. But thanks anyway.

For me, there are several variables of allowing or prohibiting levels of profanity on the front to inner sanctum of my forum.

You should get em down.

--------------------
Phalanx
Posted on Oct 27 2008, 02:22 AM

QUOTE (darkender @ Oct 27 2008, 02:17 AM)

You should get em down.

If it gets excessive to the point where it's unfunny and immature, then it's prohibited.

If said in a joke that isn't intended to directly insult a poster, then it's allowed.

If it's said in an argument, then uhhh.... tough one.

If it's said in a flame war (which is a highly pumped up argument), then I have almost no control here, but censor them I guess.

If it's said in quote to a line or dialogue outside this forum, then I allow it.

If it's said as an example, I allow it as long as the younger people don't learn them from you.

If it's used based on negative state of emotion not directed at people in this forum, then I allow it.

If it's used as an interjection or excitement, then I allow it.

There, that's all I can say for now.

--------------------
granobulax
Posted on Oct 27 2008, 01:37 PM

He's even got his hand over where I live...

Member No.: 35

QUOTE (Phalanx @ Oct 27 2008, 02:22 AM)

You should get em down.

If it gets excessive to the point where it's unfunny and immature, then it's prohibited.

If said in a joke that isn't intended to directly insult a poster, then it's allowed.

If it's said in a flame war (which is a highly pumped up argument), then I have almost no control here, but censor them I guess.

If it's said in quote to a line or dialogue outside this forum, then I allow it.

If it's said as an example, I allow it as long as the younger people don't learn them from you.

If it's used based on negative state of emotion not directed at people in this forum, then I allow it.

What about derogatory words such as the "C" word, or "N" word? I think those types of words should be banned all together.

--------------------

I scare little kids.
user posted image

QUOTE (treacherous @ Aug 16 2008, 12:12 PM)
RRRAOAAOAOAORRARRAA!!...  Blue lights and sirens rang through the night!! Yeah, they all wanna kill each other... HERE ME CITY!! THE STREETS BELONG TO THE GANGS NOW!! THIS IS THE NEW ORDER!! PREPARE FOR CHAOS!!

Solomon and I may be gangsta, but treach is the gangsta of the year!
Phalanx
Posted on Oct 27 2008, 06:04 PM

QUOTE (granobulax @ Oct 27 2008, 01:37 PM)
QUOTE (Phalanx @ Oct 27 2008, 02:22 AM)

You should get em down.

What about derogatory words such as the "C" word, or "N" word? I think those types of words should be banned all together.

Well those are the two most serious words that pretty much match the F and S word, if not exceeds them. I guess we should censor them for the most part.

--------------------
super_wolverine_Man
Posted on Oct 27 2008, 06:51 PM

Head Admin

Member No.: 3

Any administrator may go to the Admin CP word filters, and see what words I have censored.

--------------------

"The first shot rang out from somewhere and I heard a bullet wiz by my face. With my pump action shotgun ready, I shoot the first fool I see."

Grano's so gangster.
DataSnake
Posted on Oct 27 2008, 07:20 PM

Emperor of Mankind

Member No.: 9

QUOTE (granobulax @ Oct 26 2008, 12:29 AM)
There are certain words that just do not need to be said. Some are offensive and demeaning. The "N" word for example. Or the "C" word when referring to a woman. I'm sorry, but censory is needed. As long as one single member of this site is offended by the use of profanity, then it should not be allowed. Period.

I am offended by censorship. Therefore, by your logic, since it offends me, it shouldn't happen.

--------------------
I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
Phalanx
Posted on Oct 27 2008, 08:49 PM

QUOTE (DataSnake @ Oct 27 2008, 07:20 PM)
There are certain words that just do not need to be said. Some are offensive and demeaning. The "N" word for example. Or the "C" word when referring to a woman. I'm sorry, but censory is needed. As long as one single member of this site is offended by the use of profanity, then it should not be allowed. Period.

I am offended by censorship. Therefore, by your logic, since it offends me, it shouldn't happen.

hey datasnake, you're back! what's up?

--------------------
darkender
Posted on Oct 27 2008, 08:54 PM

Mr. Ego

Member No.: 10

QUOTE (DataSnake @ Oct 27 2008, 07:20 PM)

Well I am offended by uncensorship... dry.gif

--------------------
« Next Oldest | Chit-Chat | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (5) « First ... 3 4 [5] 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0381 seconds · Archive