zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Haven Of Wiidom. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (3) 1 2 [3]  ( Go to first unread post )

Ask Phalanx Thread 2
Phalanx
Posted: Oct 20 2008, 02:05 AM

Okami... Best Wii game I've played so far!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (granobulax @ Oct 20 2008, 12:25 AM)
QUOTE (Phalanx @ Oct 19 2008, 11:21 PM)
QUOTE (granobulax @ Oct 19 2008, 07:58 PM)
QUOTE (Phalanx @ Oct 19 2008, 07:39 PM)
QUOTE (granobulax @ Oct 19 2008, 06:57 PM)
QUOTE (Phalanx @ Oct 19 2008, 06:53 PM)
QUOTE (granobulax @ Oct 19 2008, 03:03 PM)
If there was one thing you'd like to change about Haven, what would it be?

To Granobulax: I am not so sure.

To Ripper: see above.

Now folks, I just want to know, What does it mean people in vs. threads say about "ABC" logic? What are they trying to say?

A can beat B so B must be able to beat C

examples of when and what that term is applied to?

For example; If Wolverine can beat Lobo (I believe it happened in a crossover) and Lobo can beat Superman, then Wolverine should be able to beat Superman. Even though they've never faced each other and Superman would slaughter Wolverine in a fight.

Oh.

But I keep hearing in Pokemon vs. debates especially about the strongest pokemon's abilities and they all get dismissed by non-pokemon fans as video game mechanics and some of the pokemon fans mentioned about "ABC" not getting through their head.

Some people hate ABC logic. Comic fans like feats logic where as a DBZ fan will look more at the ABC logic.

Hunting for feats in the character's respective series is kinda fun.

But the reason comic fans prefer feat logic is because issues of each superheroes come out all the time for like 78 years and there are millions of feats you can find.

For video games, there aren't much products being produced in the series, so it's extremely inconvenient and pressuring to be going by feat logic.

--------------------
darkender
Posted: Oct 20 2008, 02:21 AM

Mr. Ego

Group: Members
Member No.: 10

QUOTE (Phalanx @ Oct 20 2008, 02:05 AM)

Now folks, I just want to know, What does it mean people in vs. threads say about "ABC" logic? What are they trying to say?

For example; If Wolverine can beat Lobo (I believe it happened in a crossover) and Lobo can beat Superman, then Wolverine should be able to beat Superman. Even though they've never faced each other and Superman would slaughter Wolverine in a fight.

Oh.

But I keep hearing in Pokemon vs. debates especially about the strongest pokemon's abilities and they all get dismissed by non-pokemon fans as video game mechanics and some of the pokemon fans mentioned about "ABC" not getting through their head.

Some people hate ABC logic. Comic fans like feats logic where as a DBZ fan will look more at the ABC logic.

But the reason comic fans prefer feat logic is because issues of each superheroes come out all the time for like 78 years and there are millions of feats you can find.

For video games, there aren't much products being produced in the series, so it's extremely inconvenient and pressuring to be going by feat logic.

Yea I like Feats as evidence...

--------------------
Phalanx
Posted: Oct 20 2008, 03:16 AM

QUOTE (darkender @ Oct 20 2008, 02:21 AM)

Oh.

But the feat system does hinder the magic and power of your favorites. Especially those NES and SNES era video game characters.

--------------------
darkender
Posted: Oct 20 2008, 11:53 PM

Mr. Ego

QUOTE (Phalanx @ Oct 20 2008, 03:16 AM)

Oh.

But the feat system does hinder the magic and power of your favorites. Especially those NES and SNES era video game characters.

I know very little of video game heroes and stuff, because I'm not a Big video gamer.

--------------------
Phalanx
Posted: Oct 21 2008, 12:09 AM

QUOTE (darkender @ Oct 20 2008, 11:53 PM)

Oh.

I know very little of video game heroes and stuff, because I'm not a Big video gamer.

Just like I'm not a BIG comic fan. In fact, i'm just like your average person who knows only of dc and marvel superheroes through cartoons, movies, and other merchandising. I guess I was never a fanboy of them for the reason that they're too iconic and commercialized to the average audience like myself.

--------------------
darkender
Posted: Oct 21 2008, 01:17 AM

Mr. Ego

QUOTE (Phalanx @ Oct 21 2008, 12:09 AM)
QUOTE (darkender @ Oct 20 2008, 11:53 PM)

Oh.

Just like I'm not a BIG comic fan. In fact, i'm just like your average person who knows only of dc and marvel superheroes through cartoons, movies, and other merchandising. I guess I was never a fanboy of them for the reason that they're too iconic and commercialized to the average audience like myself.

Well I'm more of comic book guy even though I"m not that up on my comic knowledge that much...

--------------------
Phalanx
Posted: Oct 21 2008, 01:45 AM

thanks.

Now any more questions?

--------------------
« Next Oldest | Members' Zones | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 2 [3] 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0451 seconds · Archive