zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Haven Of Wiidom. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (4) 1 2 [3] 4  ( Go to first unread post )

Chinese mythology respect thread
M Bison
Posted: Oct 11 2008, 09:25 PM

Leader of Shadaloo, Soon ruler of the world

Group: Admin
Member No.: 62

QUOTE (Phalanx @ Oct 11 2008, 08:29 PM)
i think celtic mythology is a little different from Norse and Germanic.

*gasp* Hamboy. I truly respect Greek philosophy and mythology a lot and all, but you make me feel more uncomfortable than I already am with you with your last comment. You know absolutely nothing about chinese philosophy and wisdom. Confucius and Lao Tzu's philosophical development are about equal to your Socrates and Aristotle. Never ever try and put such a culture down.

You know what? This is probably the last time I'm speaking to you. angry.gif The next post you make in this topic, I'm ignoring your last message.

Note: I was only venting out just in case you were actually putting down asian philosophy. I'm probably going to regret saying this, but I'm in a rough mood now.

God I gotta cool down. *pant* *pant* *pant*

Urm... I'm an actual philosophy student. Aristotle and Socrates are on the curriculum. Confucius isn't. Simple, no?

And I do not disrespect Eastern culture. Japan is the most technologically advanced nation in the world. China's inventions in ancient time were some of the most important, and are still used today. For example, paper.

I'll admit that.

But for philosophy and myth, Greece has them.

Oh, and GOTN, that thread was intended as a joke because I'm sick of the bloody Predator.

--------------------

user posted image
"You know you're like the A-bomb? Everybody is laughing and having a good time, then you show up and BAM!"
http://hamish-campbell.mybrute.com
Guardian of Nesh
Posted: Oct 11 2008, 09:31 PM

A mole of legendarinesss

Member No.: 68

QUOTE (M Bison @ Oct 11 2008, 04:25 PM)

*gasp* Hamboy. I truly respect Greek philosophy and mythology a lot and all, but you make me feel more uncomfortable than I already am with you with your last comment. You know absolutely nothing about chinese philosophy and wisdom. Confucius and Lao Tzu's philosophical development are about equal to your Socrates and Aristotle. Never ever try and put such a culture down.

You know what? This is probably the last time I'm speaking to you. angry.gif The next post you make in this topic, I'm ignoring your last message.

Note: I was only venting out just in case you were actually putting down asian philosophy. I'm probably going to regret saying this, but I'm in a rough mood now.

Urm... I'm an actual philosophy student. Aristotle and Socrates are on the curriculum. Confucius isn't. Simple, no?

And I do not disrespect Eastern culture. Japan is the most technologically advanced nation in the world. China's inventions in ancient time were some of the most important, and are still used today. For example, paper.

I'll admit that.

Oh, and GOTN, that thread was intended as a joke because I'm sick of the bloody Predator.

Joke or no; i guess it doesn't matter.

--------------------

'I'm going to die; if this wasteland doesn't kill me the Avatars will. I'm the last Technomancer; as I go so goes my culture.' The thought was serene, not fearful at all. If he was going to die, he'd die fighting; he'd make sure that the Technomancers were never forgotten. Morshan Sakru: The Last Technomancer would be a name all Avatar would shutter at the thought of for etenity. Morshan now knew what happened to a man who had nothing left to live for but vengence: he became a monster.
Phalanx
Posted: Oct 11 2008, 09:40 PM

Okami... Best Wii game I've played so far!

Member No.: 1

QUOTE (M Bison @ Oct 11 2008, 09:25 PM)

I'll admit that.

Now that I read your last post. I am not THAT pissed off anymore. I'm much calmer and less offended now. Despite still being uncomfortable with uhh you know what, I truly apologize for overreacting a little too much. It's just in my defensive nature to feel extremely offended when someone scoffs at my cultural heritage. About what I said about brits, I take back everything (except for their arrogant imperialism in the past) I have said about them.

I guess I do tend to appreciate Greek myth the most (in fact their goddesses are probably the best looking ladies I have seen) and Roman myth (though that's a bit of a stretch). I just put Chinese mythology equal to them, because of my strongly triggered cultural heritage awareness. I still think Chinese mythology has lots of things that are just good, if not better than the two above.

*puts menacing look and glare away and resumes the normal face*

--------------------
Guardian of Nesh
Posted: Oct 11 2008, 10:05 PM

A mole of legendarinesss

QUOTE (Phalanx @ Oct 11 2008, 04:40 PM)

I'll admit that.

Now that I read your last post. I am not THAT pissed off anymore. I'm much calmer and less offended now. Despite still being uncomfortable with uhh you know what, I truly apologize for overreacting a little too much. It's just in my defensive nature to feel extremely offended when someone scoffs at my cultural heritage. About what I said about brits, I take back everything (except for their arrogant imperialism in the past) I have said about them.

I guess I do tend to appreciate Greek myth the most (in fact their goddesses are probably the best looking ladies I have seen) and Roman myth (though that's a bit of a stretch). I just put Chinese mythology equal to them, because of my strongly triggered cultural heritage awareness. I still think Chinese mythology has lots of things that are just good, if not better than the two above.

Greeks and Romans have the same myths and goddesses. I've seen girls hotter than thos goddessess in real life.

--------------------

'I'm going to die; if this wasteland doesn't kill me the Avatars will. I'm the last Technomancer; as I go so goes my culture.' The thought was serene, not fearful at all. If he was going to die, he'd die fighting; he'd make sure that the Technomancers were never forgotten. Morshan Sakru: The Last Technomancer would be a name all Avatar would shutter at the thought of for etenity. Morshan now knew what happened to a man who had nothing left to live for but vengence: he became a monster.
Bassetman
Posted: Oct 11 2008, 10:07 PM

Gentleman Skeleton

Member No.: 20

QUOTE (Guardian of Nesh @ Oct 11 2008, 10:05 PM)

I'll admit that.

Greeks and Romans have the same myths and goddesses. I've seen girls hotter than thos goddessess in real life.

Internet High Five!

--------------------
Guardian of Nesh
Posted: Oct 11 2008, 10:12 PM

A mole of legendarinesss

QUOTE (Bassetman @ Oct 11 2008, 05:07 PM)

I'll admit that.

Internet High Five!

I was thinking of one person in perticular... but that oesn't really matter. So Basset you have too huh?

--------------------

Bassetman
Posted: Oct 11 2008, 10:16 PM

Gentleman Skeleton

Member No.: 20

QUOTE (Guardian of Nesh @ Oct 11 2008, 10:12 PM)

I'll admit that.

Internet High Five!

I was thinking of one person in perticular... but that oesn't really matter. So Basset you have too huh?

Oh yes. I've said it here before, there is no substitute for the actual thing.

Plus, I prefer women my age.

--------------------
Guardian of Nesh
Posted: Oct 11 2008, 10:31 PM

A mole of legendarinesss

QUOTE (Bassetman @ Oct 11 2008, 05:16 PM)
QUOTE (Guardian of Nesh @ Oct 11 2008, 10:12 PM)

I'll admit that.

Internet High Five!

Oh yes. I've said it here before, there is no substitute for the actual thing.

Plus, I prefer women my age.

So do I.

--------------------

Phalanx
Posted: Oct 11 2008, 11:35 PM

I'll admit that.

To me, the greek and roman gods are slightly different. The Romans did portray Saturn (Cronus) in a more positive light than his greek counterpart and as for Mars (Ares), he was portrayed in a more brighter light too.

As for the last statement, I disagree (Divine physical beauty can't be matched), yet still respect your opinion with a "whatever" to go with the dish.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be going to be my friend's house.

--------------------
Guardian of Nesh
Posted: Oct 11 2008, 11:47 PM

A mole of legendarinesss

QUOTE (Phalanx @ Oct 11 2008, 06:35 PM)

I'll admit that.

To me, the greek and roman gods are slightly different. The Romans did portray Saturn (Cronus) in a more positive light than his greek counterpart and as for Mars (Ares), he was portrayed in a more brighter light too.

As for the last statement, I disagree (Divine physical beauty can't be matched), yet still respect your opinion with a "whatever" to go with the dish.

You haven't met her though.

--------------------

Phalanx
Posted: Oct 12 2008, 11:59 PM

QUOTE (Guardian of Nesh @ Oct 11 2008, 11:47 PM)
QUOTE (Phalanx @ Oct 11 2008, 06:35 PM)

I'll admit that.

You haven't met her though.

Well it's not like we live in the same state, so I'll never know. But I still appreciate Greek beauty a lot.

--------------------
super_wolverine_Man
Posted: Oct 14 2008, 07:23 PM

Head Admin

Member No.: 3

Hey Phalanx, have you ever read The romance of the three kingdoms?

--------------------

"The first shot rang out from somewhere and I heard a bullet wiz by my face. With my pump action shotgun ready, I shoot the first fool I see."

Grano's so gangster.
Phalanx
Posted: Oct 14 2008, 11:04 PM

QUOTE (super_wolverine_Man @ Oct 14 2008, 07:23 PM)

No i haven't, but I should research about it sometimes. Thanks for the advice, super wolverine man! *gives high five*

--------------------
super_wolverine_Man
Posted: Oct 15 2008, 12:57 AM

Head Admin

Member No.: 3

QUOTE (Phalanx @ Oct 14 2008, 11:04 PM)

No i haven't, but I should research about it sometimes. Thanks for the advice, super wolverine man! *gives high five*

tis awesome

--------------------

"The first shot rang out from somewhere and I heard a bullet wiz by my face. With my pump action shotgun ready, I shoot the first fool I see."

Grano's so gangster.
Phalanx
Posted: Oct 15 2008, 01:35 AM

QUOTE (super_wolverine_Man @ Oct 15 2008, 12:57 AM)
QUOTE (Phalanx @ Oct 14 2008, 11:04 PM)

tis awesome

I'm proud of my heritage and yours too SWM. In fact, I respect every culture on earth and my personal favorite mythologies at this point are: Greek, Roman*, Egyptian, Chinese, Hindu
*It's a bit of stretch, but I listed Roman cause I see its myths as either the ultimate upgrade and spiritual successor to greek myth or nothing more than a slightly extended facsimile of them.

--------------------
« Next Oldest | Members' Zones | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic OptionsPages: (4) 1 2 [3] 4 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0538 seconds · Archive