Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Haven Of Wiidom. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (106) « First ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

FPL CHARACTERS
super_wolverine_Man
Posted: Dec 4 2008, 09:39 PM

Head Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Started writing a new character. cool.gif

--------------------

"The first shot rang out from somewhere and I heard a bullet wiz by my face. With my pump action shotgun ready, I shoot the first fool I see."

Grano's so gangster.
super_wolverine_Man
Posted: Dec 4 2008, 10:01 PM

Head Admin

Bio:

Blackened skies swarmed the once pale blue sky from view. The constant pounding of explosions reverberated through my eardrums, and sent a sensation of fear through my heart. I was lying flat on my back, looking straight up into the blackened sky. The Nazis had pushed us back a good mile, now we were sitting ducks. Our only protection was the massive chunks of building, and scraps of steel that had been scattered throughout the battlegrounds.
As I lay there I could here the Germans, the sounds of their voices went through my ear canal like a strange mixture of a burning match, and a snake. You don’t know how bad I wanted to just blow them all to smithereens, but I had run out of ammo hours ago.
I was going crazy. I tried to distract myself by focusing on the sound of my breathing, but with each breath I took the pounding of the Germans black boots came closer. I’m not really sure why, but I checked my rifle one more time to make sure there wasn’t a lone bullet lodged in the barrel. Nothing. They were coming closer, and closer. No doubt about it I was gonna die; because I was sure as hell not gonna surrender.
I looked around in desperation, trying to find something I could use to fight back. Luck had run out on me again, nothing could be found in the massive chunks of rubble. Well, I pretty much gave up, and looked over to my buddy Fred. Fred didn’t look much different now that he was dead, except that he had a gaping hole in the side of his neck.
People tell me all the time how a dead person gets pale when they die, not Fred. Fred’s face was a deep purple, and his veins were bulging from his forehead. I was right next to him when it happened. He had taken a shot from a German Sniper, faster than I could blink. People don’t realize how quickly things happen until they’ve fought in a war. One minute, were talking’ about drinking whiskey back home in Louisiana, and the next he’s bleeding on my leg.
I took a look down at my canteen, there was still a bit of water left, if you could call it that. It was so cloudy that it was probably more dirt, and smoke than liquid. I held the canteen towards Fred, and said, “See you in--,” my words were cut off.
I looked down at his hand again. I couldn’t believe I didn’t notice it before. Right there, right in his freaking hand was a bullet. Without another thought I threw my canister down, and grabbed the bullet from his hands. I sat up, and put my back up against the wall, trying to guess where the Germans were, as I loaded my rifle. They’d hit us, from long range, which as you may have noticed caught us off guard. We weren’t even expecting a battle, until 9 or 10 miles down the road. They hit us fast too. We barely had time to load our guns before they sent us heading for the hills. Now they were advancing, picking off any stranglers, and in just a few minutes they’d take us too.
Like I said before, I sure as hell wasn’t gonna surrender, it wasn’t in my blood. I pressed my ear up against the chunk of cement, waiting for something to give away their position. I barely heard it. It was the sound of the road cracking as the Germans walked over it. In a surge of adrenaline, I bolted up, and blasted one right in the middle of eyes. I wasn’t thinking. Pure animal instinct was my only reasoning. I leapt over that piece of building faster than I could have ever dreamed. I ran straight towards two Germans who were still fondling their guns trying to load them. With a yell I jumped up and close lined them. They tried to fight back, but I’m telling you I could’ve killed a damn elephant that day. One of them had a knife on them, with one motion I took it, gutted his friend, and stuck right in his side. I took a minute it to breath. It wasn’t until that moment that I realized how bone-headed of an idea that was. I must of looked like a pig right before a farmer slaughtered it to the Nazi’s. I saw one comin’ straight towards me, his rifle was raised and he was yellin’ somethin’ awful. Remember how I said when your in a war everything seems to be on fast forward? Well, the next minute he was flat on his back, with blood pouring out of his chest. I looked behind me; the other soldiers had suddenly burst from their hiding places. They were like ants in army clothes. That one shot… that one bullet had shifted the tides of the battle, and to make a long story short we sent them back with their tales between their legs.

--------------------

"The first shot rang out from somewhere and I heard a bullet wiz by my face. With my pump action shotgun ready, I shoot the first fool I see."

Grano's so gangster.
Guardian of Nesh
Posted: Dec 4 2008, 10:17 PM

A mole of legendarinesss

Member No.: 68

I like the idea of the FPL but the power list and rules are too limiting for me.

--------------------

'I'm going to die; if this wasteland doesn't kill me the Avatars will. I'm the last Technomancer; as I go so goes my culture.' The thought was serene, not fearful at all. If he was going to die, he'd die fighting; he'd make sure that the Technomancers were never forgotten. Morshan Sakru: The Last Technomancer would be a name all Avatar would shutter at the thought of for etenity. Morshan now knew what happened to a man who had nothing left to live for but vengence: he became a monster.
super_wolverine_Man
Posted: Dec 4 2008, 10:26 PM

Head Admin

The trick is to get creative with the powers you have. Good powers is usually what makes a great character.

--------------------

Grano's so gangster.
Guardian of Nesh
Posted: Dec 4 2008, 10:31 PM

A mole of legendarinesss

QUOTE (super_wolverine_Man @ Dec 4 2008, 05:26 PM)
The trick is to get creative with the powers you have. Good powers is usually what makes a great character.

Yeah but I'm the kid of guy you likes to let his imagination run wild with character devolopment, gaining strength a new powers over time, ever growing backstory and allies. You can't do that with just 250 points and a never-changing bio. The FPL just isn't for an aspiring author like me.

--------------------

'I'm going to die; if this wasteland doesn't kill me the Avatars will. I'm the last Technomancer; as I go so goes my culture.' The thought was serene, not fearful at all. If he was going to die, he'd die fighting; he'd make sure that the Technomancers were never forgotten. Morshan Sakru: The Last Technomancer would be a name all Avatar would shutter at the thought of for etenity. Morshan now knew what happened to a man who had nothing left to live for but vengence: he became a monster.
super_wolverine_Man
Posted: Dec 4 2008, 10:44 PM

Head Admin

QUOTE (Guardian of Nesh @ Dec 4 2008, 10:31 PM)

Yeah but I'm the kid of guy you likes to let his imagination run wild with character devolopment, gaining strength a new powers over time, ever growing backstory and allies. You can't do that with just 250 points and a never-changing bio. The FPL just isn't for an aspiring author like me.

1. You can change the bio as many times as you like.

2. You can expand your character with other characters

3. I think you should consider giving it a try.

4. ...
5. (see number 4)

--------------------

Grano's so gangster.
Guardian of Nesh
Posted: Dec 4 2008, 10:51 PM

A mole of legendarinesss

QUOTE (super_wolverine_Man @ Dec 4 2008, 05:44 PM)

4. ...
5. (see number 4)

i give F.PL> a try when you write a book.

--------------------

darkender
Posted: Dec 4 2008, 10:55 PM

Mr. Ego

Group: Members
Member No.: 10

Oh crap I forgot I was writing a character...I need to finish it...

--------------------
granobulax
Posted: Dec 4 2008, 10:58 PM

He's even got his hand over where I live...

Member No.: 35

I'm giving FPL a try! Yay!!! laugh.gif

--------------------

I scare little kids.
user posted image

QUOTE (treacherous @ Aug 16 2008, 12:12 PM)
RRRAOAAOAOAORRARRAA!!...  Blue lights and sirens rang through the night!! Yeah, they all wanna kill each other... HERE ME CITY!! THE STREETS BELONG TO THE GANGS NOW!! THIS IS THE NEW ORDER!! PREPARE FOR CHAOS!!

Solomon and I may be gangsta, but treach is the gangsta of the year!
Guardian of Nesh
Posted: Dec 4 2008, 11:02 PM

A mole of legendarinesss

QUOTE (granobulax @ Dec 4 2008, 05:58 PM)

Good luck bud.

--------------------

granobulax
Posted: Dec 4 2008, 11:04 PM

QUOTE (Guardian of Nesh @ Dec 4 2008, 11:02 PM)

Good luck bud.

I'm going to get annihilated laugh.gif

--------------------

I scare little kids.
user posted image

RRRAOAAOAOAORRARRAA!!...  Blue lights and sirens rang through the night!! Yeah, they all wanna kill each other... HERE ME CITY!! THE STREETS BELONG TO THE GANGS NOW!! THIS IS THE NEW ORDER!! PREPARE FOR CHAOS!!

super_wolverine_Man
Posted: Dec 4 2008, 11:05 PM

Head Admin

QUOTE (Guardian of Nesh @ Dec 4 2008, 10:51 PM)

4. ...
5. (see number 4)

Done.

--------------------

Grano's so gangster.
Guardian of Nesh
Posted: Dec 4 2008, 11:06 PM

A mole of legendarinesss

QUOTE (granobulax @ Dec 4 2008, 06:04 PM)
QUOTE (Guardian of Nesh @ Dec 4 2008, 11:02 PM)

Good luck bud.

I'm going to get annihilated laugh.gif

Oh, ye of little faith. Besides if you get anhilated, I have zero chance of success.

--------------------

Guardian of Nesh
Posted: Dec 4 2008, 11:08 PM

A mole of legendarinesss

QUOTE (super_wolverine_Man @ Dec 4 2008, 06:05 PM)
QUOTE (Guardian of Nesh @ Dec 4 2008, 10:51 PM)

4. ...
5. (see number 4)

Done.

I'd like to see some of it as proof too.

--------------------

granobulax
Posted: Dec 4 2008, 11:17 PM

QUOTE (super_wolverine_Man @ Dec 4 2008, 10:01 PM)
Bio:

Blackened skies swarmed the once pale blue sky from view. The constant pounding of explosions reverberated through my eardrums, and sent a sensation of fear through my heart. I was lying flat on my back, looking straight up into the blackened sky. The Nazis had pushed us back a good mile, now we were sitting ducks. Our only protection was the massive chunks of building, and scraps of steel that had been scattered throughout the battlegrounds.
As I lay there I could here the Germans, the sounds of their voices went through my ear canal like a strange mixture of a burning match, and a snake. You don’t know how bad I wanted to just blow them all to smithereens, but I had run out of ammo hours ago.
I was going crazy. I tried to distract myself by focusing on the sound of my breathing, but with each breath I took the pounding of the Germans black boots came closer. I’m not really sure why, but I checked my rifle one more time to make sure there wasn’t a lone bullet lodged in the barrel. Nothing. They were coming closer, and closer. No doubt about it I was gonna die; because I was sure as hell not gonna surrender.
I looked around in desperation, trying to find something I could use to fight back. Luck had run out on me again, nothing could be found in the massive chunks of rubble. Well, I pretty much gave up, and looked over to my buddy Fred. Fred didn’t look much different now that he was dead, except that he had a gaping hole in the side of his neck.
People tell me all the time how a dead person gets pale when they die, not Fred. Fred’s face was a deep purple, and his veins were bulging from his forehead. I was right next to him when it happened. He had taken a shot from a German Sniper, faster than I could blink. People don’t realize how quickly things happen until they’ve fought in a war. One minute, were talking’ about drinking whiskey back home in Louisiana, and the next he’s bleeding on my leg.
I took a look down at my canteen, there was still a bit of water left, if you could call it that. It was so cloudy that it was probably more dirt, and smoke than liquid. I held the canteen towards Fred, and said, “See you in--,” my words were cut off.
I looked down at his hand again. I couldn’t believe I didn’t notice it before. Right there, right in his freaking hand was a bullet. Without another thought I threw my canister down, and grabbed the bullet from his hands. I sat up, and put my back up against the wall, trying to guess where the Germans were, as I loaded my rifle. They’d hit us, from long range, which as you may have noticed caught us off guard. We weren’t even expecting a battle, until 9 or 10 miles down the road. They hit us fast too. We barely had time to load our guns before they sent us heading for the hills. Now they were advancing, picking off any stranglers, and in just a few minutes they’d take us too.
Like I said before, I sure as hell wasn’t gonna surrender, it wasn’t in my blood. I pressed my ear up against the chunk of cement, waiting for something to give away their position. I barely heard it. It was the sound of the road cracking as the Germans walked over it. In a surge of adrenaline, I bolted up, and blasted one right in the middle of eyes. I wasn’t thinking. Pure animal instinct was my only reasoning. I leapt over that piece of building faster than I could have ever dreamed. I ran straight towards two Germans who were still fondling their guns trying to load them. With a yell I jumped up and close lined them. They tried to fight back, but I’m telling you I could’ve killed a damn elephant that day. One of them had a knife on them, with one motion I took it, gutted his friend, and stuck right in his side. I took a minute it to breath. It wasn’t until that moment that I realized how bone-headed of an idea that was. I must of looked like a pig right before a farmer slaughtered it to the Nazi’s. I saw one comin’ straight towards me, his rifle was raised and he was yellin’ somethin’ awful. Remember how I said when your in a war everything seems to be on fast forward? Well, the next minute he was flat on his back, with blood pouring out of his chest. I looked behind me; the other soldiers had suddenly burst from their hiding places. They were like ants in army clothes. That one shot… that one bullet had shifted the tides of the battle, and to make a long story short we sent them back with their tales between their legs.

That was well done. I could imagine every step in my head like it was a movie. One thing, I thought you used "I" a little too much. Each sentence had "I" used a couple of times there for a little while. Perhaps he could have even reminiced about home for a minute there to give him more of a human feeling. I like where this character is going and I can't wait to see how you finish this!

--------------------

I scare little kids.
user posted image

« Next Oldest | Chit-Chat | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (106) « First ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... Last »

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0712 seconds · Archive