zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Haven Of Wiidom. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Heath Ledger is dead., How will this effect "The Dark Knight"??
Wingman
  Posted: Jan 22 2008, 10:52 PM

I'm better than you. That's all I know.

Group: Admin
Member No.: 14

In case you don't know, Heath Ledger, the actor who plays the Joker in the upcoming "The Dark Knight", due out July 21, was found dead in his apartment today, very likely of a drug overdose. He was only 28. Now, I didn't really care much about the guy before now, but this does raise questions about any possible changes or delays for TDK. If the movie was already in the can, then they'll be able to release it, with some sort of "in loving memory of" thing to go with it. But if filming was still happening, then that could mess up the time of the movie, possibly delaying the movie's opening if filming had not concluded, which could still be a very real possibility.

--------------------
"Never in the course of human history has so much been owed by so many to so few."- Winston Churchill, commenting on the heroic struggles of the RAF against the German Luftwaffe.

----
I don't smoke, I don't chew... and I don't date girls who do.

----

War produces classic remarks by military commanders; on February 26, 1991, the US 1st Armored Division, the famous Big Red One, encountered the allegedly elite Iraqi Republican Guard. The divisional commander, Major General Ronald Griffiths, radioed his deputy, who was riding with the armored spearhead. "I understand we are engaging the Medina Division?" he said, referring to one of the crack Iraqi Guard divisions. "Negative, sir," came the reply. "We are destroying the Medina Division."
Great proof that despite their quantity, the Soviet tanks that NATO planners feared above all else could be shredded by the M1 Abrams, Challenger 2, Leopard 2, LeClerc, Ariete, and Merkava with ease. Patton would be proud.

DataSnake
Posted: Jan 23 2008, 03:36 AM

Emperor of Mankind

Group: Members
Member No.: 9

Hopefully, they will get a more "happy" joker. I didn't like the whole "depressed-clown" idea I saw in the previews, he is supposed to be a LAUGHING lunatic who thinks everything is a joke.

--------------------
I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
Wingman
Posted: Jan 23 2008, 02:05 PM

QUOTE (DataSnake @ Jan 22 2008, 10:36 PM)
Hopefully, they will get a more "happy" joker. I didn't like the whole "depressed-clown" idea I saw in the previews, he is supposed to be a LAUGHING lunatic who thinks everything is a joke.

I kinda liked Ledger's Joker. He was completely, COMPLETELY psycotic, and he seems like the perfect enemy for Batman. I llked his version of the character.

--------------------
"Never in the course of human history has so much been owed by so many to so few."- Winston Churchill, commenting on the heroic struggles of the RAF against the German Luftwaffe.

----

----

War produces classic remarks by military commanders; on February 26, 1991, the US 1st Armored Division, the famous Big Red One, encountered the allegedly elite Iraqi Republican Guard. The divisional commander, Major General Ronald Griffiths, radioed his deputy, who was riding with the armored spearhead. "I understand we are engaging the Medina Division?" he said, referring to one of the crack Iraqi Guard divisions. "Negative, sir," came the reply. "We are destroying the Medina Division."
Great proof that despite their quantity, the Soviet tanks that NATO planners feared above all else could be shredded by the M1 Abrams, Challenger 2, Leopard 2, LeClerc, Ariete, and Merkava with ease. Patton would be proud.

SilverSurfer092
Posted: Jan 24 2008, 12:48 AM

Unregistered

First, that's a horrible reaction. "OMG, someone died!! Well, will the movie still come out?" That's a bit harsh. Second, I did have that reaction, however, I also cared about the man dying. He's a fellow Australian and I was a fan of his. And yes, TDK is in post-production. The movie will still come out as planned.
Wingman
  Posted: Jan 24 2008, 01:44 PM

QUOTE (SilverSurfer092 @ Jan 23 2008, 07:48 PM)
First, that's a horrible reaction. "OMG, someone died!! Well, will the movie still come out?" That's a bit harsh. Second, I did have that reaction, however, I also cared about the man dying. He's a fellow Australian and I was a fan of his. And yes, TDK is in post-production. The movie will still come out as planned.

What I meant by my reaction was that I hadn't followed his movies or him that much, so I didn't know that much about him, apart from involvement with TDK. I'm also getting very weary of looking at the news and seeing YET ANOTHER movie star or singer or someone die because of their own stupid mistakes or choices. It's his fault he died, because he was ODing. It just gets old.

--------------------

----

----

SilverSurfer092
Posted: Jan 24 2008, 10:11 PM

Unregistered

QUOTE (Wingman @ Jan 24 2008, 01:44 PM)

What I meant by my reaction was that I hadn't followed his movies or him that much, so I didn't know that much about him, apart from involvement with TDK. I'm also getting very weary of looking at the news and seeing YET ANOTHER movie star or singer or someone die because of their own stupid mistakes or choices. It's his fault he died, because he was ODing. It just gets old.

The way they die is old. Who dies and what dies with them never gets old.
Wingman
  Posted: Jan 25 2008, 02:30 AM

QUOTE (SilverSurfer092 @ Jan 24 2008, 05:11 PM)
QUOTE (Wingman @ Jan 24 2008, 01:44 PM)

The way they die is old. Who dies and what dies with them never gets old.

Yes, that's what I meant. *sighs* Dang it, do have to take issue with ABSOLUTELY everything I say?

--------------------

----

----

The Sharpshooter
Posted: Jan 29 2008, 07:29 PM

Unregistered

What's really weird is he's gonna' pull a Two-Pac when Dark Knight comes out.
Wingman
  Posted: Jan 29 2008, 07:31 PM

QUOTE (The Sharpshooter @ Jan 29 2008, 02:29 PM)

Yeah.

--------------------

----

----

darkender
Posted: Jan 30 2008, 11:23 PM

Mr. Ego

Member No.: 10

wasn't that guy gay?

--------------------
SilverSurfer092
Posted: Jan 31 2008, 12:35 AM

Unregistered

QUOTE (darkender @ Jan 30 2008, 11:23 PM)
wasn't that guy gay?

No. He just had some massive balls and played a gay guy.
The Ripper
Posted: Jan 31 2008, 01:13 AM

Knight of the Ivory Axe

Member No.: 12

QUOTE (The Sharpshooter @ Jan 29 2008, 07:29 PM)

It's Tupac/2pac, not Two-Pac!

Trust me, I used to listen to 2pac!

--------------------

QUOTE ("Friedrich Nietzsche")
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you...
Wingman
  Posted: Jan 31 2008, 01:42 PM

QUOTE (SilverSurfer092 @ Jan 30 2008, 07:35 PM)
QUOTE (darkender @ Jan 30 2008, 11:23 PM)
wasn't that guy gay?

No. He just had some massive balls and played a gay guy.

Yeah, in Brokeback Mountain. A.K.A., Humpback Mountain, as my friend calls it.

--------------------

----

----

« Next Oldest | Rantings and Ravings | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.9359 seconds · Archive