zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Haven Of Wiidom. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Phalanx's first tournament match
Phalanx
Posted: Sep 3 2008, 09:29 PM

Okami... Best Wii game I've played so far!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

half the contestants here would be ones I know, the other half I don't know relatively THAT much, but searches up the shit on wikipedia.

Here goes:

Round 1

Mario vs. Link

Round 2

Athena (myth) vs. Zelda

Round 3

Mewtwo vs. Picollo

Round 4

Dartz & his Orichalcos monsters vs. Batman & Robin

Round 5

Valon & his Armor monsters vs. Goku

Round 6

Hercules (myth) vs. Mega Man

Round 7

Poseidon (myth) vs. Kyogre

Round 8

Eris (sinbad or myth) vs. Kirby

--------------------
IonKidMax
Posted: Sep 3 2008, 10:53 PM

Join the Green Side

Group: Members
Member No.: 40

Round 1

Link

Round 2

Athena

Round 3

Mewtwo

Round 4
Batman & Robin

Round 5

Goku

Round 6

Hercules (myth) vs. Mega Man this just ain't right.Herc

Round 7

Poseidon (myth)

--------------------

user posted image
Phalanx
Posted: Sep 4 2008, 01:05 AM

QUOTE (IonKidMax @ Sep 3 2008, 10:53 PM)
Round 1

Link

Round 2

Athena

Round 3

Mewtwo

Round 4
Batman & Robin

Round 5

Goku

Round 6

Round 7

Poseidon (myth)

Great. Btw, I forgot to add a round 8.

But you now also have to group the winners together into like the semi-finals and finals. That way we could it make like Nesh's topic from like April, like this:

Round 1

Link vs. Athena: [insert winner and explanation here]

Round 2

Mewtwo vs. Batman & Robin: [insert winner and explanation here]

Round 3

Goku vs. Hercules: [insert winner and explanation here]

Round 4

Poseidon vs. [winner you declared in round 8]: [insert winner and explanation here]

I'll edit the insert bracket, once you picked a winner in round 8.

--------------------
ND4
Posted: Sep 4 2008, 02:28 AM

Unregistered

QUOTE (Phalanx @ Sep 4 2008, 01:05 AM)
Round 1

Link

Round 2

Athena

Round 3

Mewtwo

Round 4
Batman & Robin

Round 5

Goku

Round 6

Round 7

Poseidon (myth)

But you now also have to group the winners together into like the semi-finals and finals. That way we could it make like Nesh's topic from like April, like this:

Round 1

Round 2

Round 3

Round 4

Poseidon vs. [winner you declared in round 8]: [insert winner and explanation here]

link vs athena:link wins but barley.
mewtwo vs robin and batman:dude this is a stomp.
goku vs hercxules:herc after gettign a broken arm and goku is knocked out after a 12 mintues battle.
kirby vs eris:kirby in a stomp in his show he has been shown eating god like things .
posiodn vs kirby:same as above.
Phalanx
Posted: Sep 4 2008, 04:01 AM

QUOTE (ND4 @ Sep 4 2008, 02:28 AM)
QUOTE (Phalanx @ Sep 4 2008, 01:05 AM)
Round 1

Link

Round 2

Athena

Round 3

Mewtwo

Round 4
Batman & Robin

Round 5

Goku

Round 6

Round 7

Poseidon (myth)

Round 1

Round 2

Round 3

Round 4

goku vs hercxules:herc after gettign a broken arm and goku is knocked out after a 12 mintues battle.
kirby vs eris:kirby in a stomp in his show he has been shown eating god like things .

I dunno. Goddess of Wisdom versus the Hero of Time. It's basically an Olympian deity against a Hyrulian mortal. You do the math here.

Agreed.

Well I rooted for Hercules too seeing as I favor the classical gods/demigods infinitely more than any dbz character, not that I hate dbz anyway, but I'd guess it'd be close. Hercules tosses Goku into space and lets him suffocate to death. Now Hercules vs. Sun Wu Kong would be a cooler fight.

kirby vs eris:kirby in a stomp in his show he has been shown eating god like things.

Assuming this is Eris from Sinbad, while Eris has never really fought anyone in a straight-up physical battle, she did say she had the power to cause much destruction and chaos on a worldly scale at the beginning of the movie and she's apparently a semi-tangible being, meaning I'm not sure how kirby could touch her. Sucking her would be like sucking up air almost. Now if Eris threw some divine projectile at him, Kirby might have a chance at holding his own against her.

Well if we're talking about myth poseidon, I think Kirby can become water Kirby, but even then there's no way he can hurt the god of water and ocean itself, as they're the same elements.

Now going by your results it's now:

Round 1

Link vs. Mewtwo

Round 2

Hercules vs. Kirby

--------------------
DataSnake
Posted: Sep 4 2008, 11:25 AM

Emperor of Mankind

Member No.: 9

QUOTE (Phalanx @ Sep 4 2008, 04:01 AM)
Well I rooted for Hercules too seeing as I favor the classical gods/demigods infinitely more than any dbz character, not that I hate dbz anyway, but I'd guess it'd be close. Hercules tosses Goku into space and lets him suffocate to death. Now Hercules vs. Sun Wu Kong would be a cooler fight.

So this is Goku before he learned instant transmission?

--------------------
I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
Phalanx
Posted: Sep 4 2008, 07:29 PM

QUOTE (DataSnake @ Sep 4 2008, 11:25 AM)

If you want to put it that way, yes.

now post your tournament results from the quarter-finals to the finals.

--------------------
DataSnake
Posted: Sep 4 2008, 08:09 PM

Emperor of Mankind

Member No.: 9

QUOTE (Phalanx @ Sep 4 2008, 07:29 PM)

Mario vs Link: IDK, really.
Athena vs Zelda: Athena is a goddess of war. Zelda is a princess. Stompage!
Mewtwo vs Piccolo: Um, I know dick about Mewtwo and wiki didn't help. Is there any evidence that he could match Piccolo's speed, or survive a Makankosappo? If so, he wins. If not, Piccolo takes it.
Dartz vs. Batman and Robin: Dartz reaches for his deck and finds out Batman's already stolen it.
Valon vs. Goku: I have never heard of Valon. Goku, however, can go toe-to-toe with Majin Buu, so I'd say he wins.
Hercules vs Mega Man: Herc is strong. Mega Man has a plasma gun. Plasma >>>> muscles.
Poseidon vs Kyogre: They have the exact same powers. It's a tie.
Eris vs Kirby: How about a magic trick? I'm gonna make this goddess...disappear. *gulp* TADA! ...she's gone.

Mario/Link vs Athena: Athena wins.
Mewtwo/Piccolo vs Batman and Robin: Batman wisely decides not to show up for this match. His opponent wins by default.
Goku vs Mega Man: Goku is faster, stronger, tougher, and has more powerful energy blasts. He wins.
Poseidon/Kygore vs Kirby: *glug glug glug* no more sea gods.

Athena vs Mewtwo/Piccolo: Athena dies. Either her head explodes from Mewtwo's attack, or she gets a special beam between the eyes from Piccolo. Either way, meh.
Goku vs Kirby: Goku has fought a pink blob who absorbs opponents' powers by eating them before. The lite version shouldn't be a problem.

Goku vs [Unknown]: I have no idea. If Piccolo won earlier, Goku can take him any time. If Mewtwo won, things could get interesting.

--------------------
I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
Phalanx
Posted: Sep 4 2008, 11:59 PM

QUOTE (DataSnake @ Sep 4 2008, 08:09 PM)
QUOTE (Phalanx @ Sep 4 2008, 07:29 PM)

Mario vs Link: IDK, really.
Athena vs Zelda: Athena is a goddess of war. Zelda is a princess. Stompage!
Mewtwo vs Piccolo: Um, I know dick about Mewtwo and wiki didn't help. Is there any evidence that he could match Piccolo's speed, or survive a Makankosappo? If so, he wins. If not, Piccolo takes it.
Dartz vs. Batman and Robin: Dartz reaches for his deck and finds out Batman's already stolen it.
Valon vs. Goku: I have never heard of Valon. Goku, however, can go toe-to-toe with Majin Buu, so I'd say he wins.
Hercules vs Mega Man: Herc is strong. Mega Man has a plasma gun. Plasma >>>> muscles.
Poseidon vs Kyogre: They have the exact same powers. It's a tie.
Eris vs Kirby: How about a magic trick? I'm gonna make this goddess...disappear. *gulp* TADA! ...she's gone.

Mario/Link vs Athena: Athena wins.
Mewtwo/Piccolo vs Batman and Robin: Batman wisely decides not to show up for this match. His opponent wins by default.
Goku vs Mega Man: Goku is faster, stronger, tougher, and has more powerful energy blasts. He wins.
Poseidon/Kygore vs Kirby: *glug glug glug* no more sea gods.

Athena vs Mewtwo/Piccolo: Athena dies. Either her head explodes from Mewtwo's attack, or she gets a special beam between the eyes from Piccolo. Either way, meh.
Goku vs Kirby: Goku has fought a pink blob who absorbs opponents' powers by eating them before. The lite version shouldn't be a problem.

Goku vs [Unknown]: I have no idea. If Piccolo won earlier, Goku can take him any time. If Mewtwo won, things could get interesting.

here's my take:

Round 1

Result: Link finally sticks it to Mario with his Master Sword before the plumber could reach his starman.

Round 2

Result: Athena uses her vast wisdom to try and rip out the triforce of wisdom and become the goddess of wisdom times two!

Round 3

Result: Mewtwo mindrapes Picollo and reflects his beam back at him or something.

Round 4

Result: Dartz summons Orichalcos Kyutora to absorb all damage from Batman and Robin's attacks and adds all the strength to the eventually-summoned Orichalcos Shunuros and if that wasn't enough, he uses Divine Serpent to blast away batman and robin and takes away both their souls to feed to the leviathan.

Round 5

Result: Goku's vastly stronger and faster, but Double Cloth Armor could solo as it destroys anything upon being attacked and then self-destructs, so in that logic, Valon wins easily.

Round 6

Result: Hercules vs. Mega Man: Both are extraordinarily great characters, but Hercules takes this as he has the apparent minimum strength of being able to lift up the whole globe/sky on his shoulders. Hey he's PC-Superman level in physical strength, go figure.

Round 7

Result: Both would put up a good fight, but Poseidon eventually guts him like a neanderthal guts a huge primitive fish, makes him into fish fillet sandwich, and eat him for lunch.

Round 8

Result: Kirby may have the ability of mimicry, but Eris is the fricking goddess of chaos and destruction we're talking about and she practically has her own religion. She stated in the beginning of the Sinbad movie that she could be a big threat to the whole world by just pulling a mere string and I'd be a goat's nanny if I could see Kirby come up with a new power to easily deal with a goddess with full or partial dominion over Earth. Until he can get that power, Kirby wouldn't have any way of hurting Eris, since she could alter her own shape and size and her body seems semi-intangible. Yet in the sinbad movie, nobody's ever seen her physically fought anyone, immortal or mortal and Kirby has dealt with assorted monsters and other nintendo characters. If we're going by the myth, then I guess Kirby doesn't have a prayer, as she started the fricking Trojan War and she's extremely sneaky and cunning, kinda like Bart Simpson.

I'll do the quarter-finals next time. I've got a lot of homework on my hands.

--------------------
Phalanx
Posted: Sep 5 2008, 07:20 PM

Round 1

Link vs. Athena: Athena, due to her divine powers.

Round 2

Mewtwo vs. Dartz: Despite the power of Dartz's monsters, Mewtwo mindrapes Dartz himself and makes him surrender the duel.

Round 3

Valon vs. Hercules: Hercules detects Valon's weakness, so he fires an arrow blessed by Apollo at his deck and sets it on fire with blinding sunlight and Hercules throws Valon into ocean for him to drown.

Round 4

Poseidon vs. Eris: Hmmmm, it could go either way, but if Eris should trick Poseidon very professionally, then I guess she takes it.

--

Semi-Finals

Round 1

Athena vs. Mewtwo: Can mindrape work on a goddess? If not, Athena impales Mewtwo with her spear.

Round 2

Hercules vs. Eris: Hercules may be strong, but Eris will think up of something to trick Hercules into committing suicide.

--

Finals

Eris vs. Athena: Eris does the same thing over: Throw a golden apple and have the other two goddesses Aphrodite and Hera fight over it with Athena, while Eris leaves.

Winner: Eris.

Ok I'm done.

--------------------
« Next Oldest | Normal Fights | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0376 seconds · Archive