zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Haven Of Wiidom. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Swine Flu Virus Case
Ethan
Posted: May 1 2009, 12:04 AM

The Gorram Hypocyte™

Group: Members
Member No.: 82

I just found out that in Syracuse, I think, has just had confirmed cases of the Flu which is close to me. Also there was breakout in a private school in Queens NYC, that's close to The Jerse. Any thoughts about the current situations, anyone?
Bandit
Posted: May 1 2009, 12:07 AM

Monkey King of Haven

Member No.: 42

OMG! THE WORLD IS ENDING! WE ALL ARE GONNA DIE!

I had nothing. sad.gif

--------------------
Never give up! 08-05-92

user posted image

Jailer411
Posted: May 1 2009, 12:07 AM

The one and only.

Member No.: 175

Most of the people who caught it are recovering on their own.

Honestly, everybody is freaking out because it's a flu with no cure. There still treatments for it, such as OTC drugs people.

--------------------
4/24/11 8:48CMT

Signature has been changed, forum remains locked.
Granobulax
Posted: May 1 2009, 12:12 AM

He's even got his hand over where I live...

Group: Admin
Member No.: 35

There isn't anything to worry about. There is no read difference between Swine Flu and any other strain of flu. You don't get freaked out about someone down the street that got the flu, do you?

Here's the main difference. Swine flu used to be only capable of transfering from animal to human, a process called zoonosis. Now, the virus has undergone what's called an antigenitic shift, where the receptors on the virus now recognizes humans as well as pigs. Before, these markers only recognized pigs.

That's the only real difference between the Swine flu and any other normal type of flu.

Sure, hundreds of people have died down in Mexico City, but that's a city of more than twenty million people. With their resources in Mexico and that many people, it's a wonder that more people haven't died. Sure, there has been to my knowledge, one reported death in the U.S. from the Swine flu. That was in an infant who's immune system isn't quite up to par yet. That's where the majority of flu deaths occur, in the extremely young and the extremely old.

I guess there's one good thing about becoming a nurse, I get to learn about these supposed pandemics.

--------------------

I scare little kids.
user posted image

QUOTE (treacherous @ Aug 16 2008, 12:12 PM)
RRRAOAAOAOAORRARRAA!!...  Blue lights and sirens rang through the night!! Yeah, they all wanna kill each other... HERE ME CITY!! THE STREETS BELONG TO THE GANGS NOW!! THIS IS THE NEW ORDER!! PREPARE FOR CHAOS!!

Solomon and I may be gangsta, but treach is the gangsta of the year!
Granobulax
Posted: May 1 2009, 12:14 AM

He's even got his hand over where I live...

Group: Admin
Member No.: 35

QUOTE (Jailer411 @ May 1 2009, 12:07 AM)

Honestly, everybody is freaking out because it's a flu with no cure. There still treatments for it, such as OTC drugs people.

There is no cure for any flu or cold. You're right, this flu is no different.

--------------------

I scare little kids.
user posted image

QUOTE (treacherous @ Aug 16 2008, 12:12 PM)
RRRAOAAOAOAORRARRAA!!...  Blue lights and sirens rang through the night!! Yeah, they all wanna kill each other... HERE ME CITY!! THE STREETS BELONG TO THE GANGS NOW!! THIS IS THE NEW ORDER!! PREPARE FOR CHAOS!!

Solomon and I may be gangsta, but treach is the gangsta of the year!
Darkender
Posted: May 1 2009, 12:14 AM

Mr. Ego

Member No.: 10

QUOTE (Granobulax @ Apr 30 2009, 08:12 PM)
There isn't anything to worry about. There is no read difference between Swine Flu and any other strain of flu. You don't get freaked out about someone down the street that got the flu, do you?

Here's the main difference. Swine flu used to be only capable of transfering from animal to human, a process called zoonosis. Now, the virus has undergone what's called an antigenitic shift, where the receptors on the virus now recognizes humans as well as pigs. Before, these markers only recognized pigs.

That's the only real difference between the Swine flu and any other normal type of flu.

Sure, hundreds of people have died down in Mexico City, but that's a city of more than twenty million people. With their resources in Mexico and that many people, it's a wonder that more people haven't died. Sure, there has been to my knowledge, one reported death in the U.S. from the Swine flu. That was in an infant who's immune system isn't quite up to par yet. That's where the majority of flu deaths occur, in the extremely young and the extremely old.

I guess there's one good thing about becoming a nurse, I get to learn about these supposed pandemics.

Grano's so smart.

--------------------
Jailer411
Posted: May 1 2009, 12:15 AM

The one and only.

QUOTE (Granobulax @ Apr 30 2009, 06:12 PM)

See, the future nurse agrees with Jailer happy.gif

--------------------

Jailer411
Posted: May 1 2009, 12:16 AM

The one and only.

QUOTE (Granobulax @ Apr 30 2009, 06:14 PM)
QUOTE (Jailer411 @ May 1 2009, 12:07 AM)

There is no cure for any flu or cold. You're right, this flu is no different.

Ooo, missed out on that piece of information.

--------------------

Ethan
Posted: May 1 2009, 12:30 AM

The Gorram Hypocyte™

That's true and all Grano, I'm not worried about myself, I am for my sister as her immune system is far weaker than mine, whenever she gets sick it really affects her you know so...I heard it started from some guy kissing a pig?
Jailer411
Posted: May 1 2009, 12:31 AM

The one and only.

QUOTE (Ethan @ Apr 30 2009, 06:30 PM)
That's true and all Grano, I'm not worried about myself, I am for my sister as her immune system is far weaker than mine, whenever she gets sick it really affects her you know so...I her it started from some guy kissing a pig?

No. It's a new strain of the Swine Influenza virus.

--------------------

MarvelFan15
Posted: May 1 2009, 12:39 AM

A God Among Heroes

Member No.: 232

Removed!

This post has been edited by MarvelFan15 on May 1 2009, 12:39 AM

--------------------
Points Hmm....

To All of Those who don't know me....

I am the thief in the night...watching in the shadows...waiting...
I am the Godslayer!
I am the Demon Tamer!
I am the World-Conqurer!

And for those of you who don't respect me...
You will...
user posted image
Ethan
Posted: May 1 2009, 01:12 AM

The Gorram Hypocyte™

QUOTE (Jailer411 @ May 1 2009, 12:31 AM)
No. It's a new strain of the Swine Influenza virus.

I know that, I mean the originality of the Swine based flu, somebody told me it started with a guy kissin' a pig.

EDIT: or is that the other way around?
Darkender
Posted: May 1 2009, 01:22 AM

Mr. Ego

QUOTE (Ethan @ Apr 30 2009, 09:12 PM)
I know that, I mean the originality of the Swine based flu, somebody told me it started with a guy kissin' a pig.

See if I was mean I would've said "who would kiss your mom?"....

laugh.gif Damn I said it didn't I.

--------------------
Ethan
Posted: May 1 2009, 01:45 AM

The Gorram Hypocyte™

QUOTE (Darkender @ May 1 2009, 01:22 AM)

laugh.gif That's kind of funny. But seriously?
Darkender
Posted: May 1 2009, 01:49 AM

Mr. Ego

QUOTE (Ethan @ Apr 30 2009, 09:45 PM)
QUOTE (Darkender @ May 1 2009, 01:22 AM)

laugh.gif That's kind of funny. But seriously?

It had to be said. I felt like you wanted me to say it.

--------------------
« Next Oldest | Chit-Chat | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0309 seconds · Archive