zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Haven Of Wiidom. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (7) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

The RPing debate.
Solomon
Posted: Mar 9 2009, 10:58 PM

Head Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Well the whole No Rping in Non-RP sections has been a topic of controversy ever since it's been implemented. I'd like to hear what you have to say about this rule. Should it stay, or should it go, and why? Remember if your going to say something, say it in a civilized manner. Only intellectual reasoning is allowed. Shouting matches will be deleted.

--------------------

"The first shot rang out from somewhere and I heard a bullet wiz by my face. With my pump action shotgun ready, I shoot the first fool I see."

Grano's so gangster.
videogameman
Posted: Mar 9 2009, 11:04 PM

Lifelong Expert

Group: Members
Member No.: 55

I think RPing should be allowed due to the fun factor, but also for other reasons. One reason is that it helps get a point across. For example, {slaps X for being stupid} is more effective than I wish i could slap X for being so stupid.

--------------------

You're truely evil if you've destroyed books!-Bookman, a charecter I made.

Why is it that video games always take the fall? TV and movies are just as bad! So, i videogameman, became Wack Thompson, and campainged agianst movies and TV, removing attention from video games and saving the field.-videogameman, another charecter I made.
Darkender
Posted: Mar 9 2009, 11:05 PM

Mr. Ego

Member No.: 10

I thought we were to try to get away from the stupidity? I don't think we should be going backwards in our progress. Why should we need to Rp in every post we make when there is a whole section for it! I say we keep the rule we have going, and make it stricter.

--------------------
Pseudonym
Posted: Mar 9 2009, 11:06 PM

FPL Failure

Member No.: 203

I say you can only RP yourself and it has to be surrounded by asterisks.

Also RP's should only be kinda realistic and less than 10 words.

*female dog-slaps ND4* WTF, I don't care what Jason has to say. If he wants to say something, get him a f****g account.

Perfect Example.

--------------------

Give me half.
Solomon
Posted: Mar 9 2009, 11:12 PM

Head Admin

QUOTE (Darkender @ Mar 9 2009, 11:05 PM)
I thought we were to try to get away from the stupidity? I don't think we should be going backwards in our progress. Why should we need to Rp in every post we make when there is a whole section for it! I say we keep the rule we have going, and make it stricter.

No RPing in Non RP sections, (I'll call it NRP for short).

When this site first started people could do pretty much whatever they wanted, and every topic would go for pages with little point or intention. After awhile things got boring and we tried to make the site a bit more serious, without loosing the fun factor. One of the things that was taken note of was the immaturity, and irresponsibility in RPing in non RP sections. Even the most serious of topics would end with:

*hits you with a chicken.

*DODGES THE CHICKEN

*NU-HUH YOU CAN"T DODGE THE CHICKEN!!!

...You get the point, so because of this continued idiocy the NRP rule was implemented. At first it seemed to put everyone at ease, and on a path to a more mature, yet still fun website. However in retrospect I realize that this rule may have placed too strong of a binding on this site. Simpily put on one hand I want this site to be one of intellect, and maturity, but at the same time I want it to be relaxing, fun, and enjoyable.

--------------------

"The first shot rang out from somewhere and I heard a bullet wiz by my face. With my pump action shotgun ready, I shoot the first fool I see."

Grano's so gangster.
SilverSurfer092
Posted: Mar 9 2009, 11:14 PM

IT'S OVER 9000!!!!!!

Member No.: 67

Keep it.

--------------------
videogameman

Lifelong Expert

QUOTE (Solomon @ Mar 9 2009, 11:12 PM)

When this site first started people could do pretty much whatever they wanted, and every topic would go for pages with little point or intention. After awhile things got boring and we tried to make the site a bit more serious, without loosing the fun factor. One of the things that was taken note of was the immaturity, and irresponsibility in RPing in non RP sections. Even the most serious of topics would end with:

*DODGES THE CHICKEN

...You get the point, so because of this continued idiocy the NRP rule was implemented. At first it seemed to put everyone at ease, and on a path to a more mature, yet still fun website. However in retrospect I realize that this rule may have placed too strong of a binding on this site. Simpily put on one hand I want this site to be one of intellect, and maturity, but at the same time I want it to be relaxing, fun, and enjoyable.

Hmm, a difficult problem. I say P-Dog{cause I can't spell his name} had a good idea.

--------------------

Why is it that video games always take the fall? TV and movies are just as bad! So, i videogameman, became Wack Thompson, and campainged agianst movies and TV, removing attention from video games and saving the field.-videogameman, another charecter I made.
Solomon

Head Admin

QUOTE (SilverSurfer092 @ Mar 9 2009, 11:14 PM)
Keep it.

"Should it stay, or should it go, and why?"

--------------------

Grano's so gangster.
Darkender
Posted: Mar 9 2009, 11:15 PM

Mr. Ego

QUOTE (Solomon @ Mar 9 2009, 06:12 PM)

*DODGES THE CHICKEN

You have to pick one then. We're not gonna get intellectual debates and stuff with Rping allowed. Mature members wouldn't be drawn to a site with such stupidity. I don't see how letting the place run free with Rping gonna make this place more enjoyable. There is a whole section for it!

--------------------
SilverSurfer092
Posted: Mar 9 2009, 11:17 PM

IT'S OVER 9000!!!!!!

Member No.: 67

QUOTE (Solomon @ Mar 10 2009, 12:14 AM)
QUOTE (SilverSurfer092 @ Mar 9 2009, 11:14 PM)
Keep it.

"Should it stay, or should it go, and why?"

From now on, if I don't give a reason why, assume it's because I said so.

--------------------
videogameman
Posted: Mar 9 2009, 11:18 PM

Lifelong Expert

QUOTE (Darkender @ Mar 9 2009, 11:15 PM)

*DODGES THE CHICKEN

You have to pick one then. We're not gonna get intellectual debates and stuff with Rping allowed. Mature members wouldn't be drawn to a site with such stupidity. I don't see how letting the place run free with Rping gonna make this place more enjoyable. There is a whole section for it!

But you see, Darkender, the RPG board does not allow for regular conversation, as it's almost always some epic fight. RPing is a way to get a point across, like {Facepalm} shows how you are dissapointed with yourself or dissapointment in another.

--------------------

Solomon
Posted: Mar 9 2009, 11:18 PM

Head Admin

@Darkender: Perhaps things should be more relaxed though. This a place to hangout, not a military school.

Note: I don't neccesarily agree or disagree with you. I just want to get the entire view, if you know what I mean.

Also, you say that I have to choose one or the other? Not true. Who said we couldn't have a limited policy on Rping outside of Non-RP sections, rather than total abolishment?

--------------------

Grano's so gangster.
Darkender
Posted: Mar 9 2009, 11:19 PM

Mr. Ego

QUOTE (videogameman @ Mar 9 2009, 06:18 PM)

*DODGES THE CHICKEN

But you see, Darkender, the RPG board does not allow for regular conversation, as it's almost always some epic fight. RPing is a way to get a point across, like {Facepalm} shows how you are dissapointed with yourself or dissapointment in another.

If you can't get your point across without Rping you have a serious problem.

--------------------
videogameman
Posted: Mar 9 2009, 11:21 PM

Lifelong Expert

QUOTE (Darkender @ Mar 9 2009, 11:19 PM)
QUOTE (videogameman @ Mar 9 2009, 06:18 PM)

*DODGES THE CHICKEN

If you can't get your point across without Rping you have a serious problem.

I'm saying it makes it easier, instead of saying "How couldn't I've/you seen that!"

--------------------

Solomon
Posted: Mar 9 2009, 11:21 PM

Head Admin

QUOTE (videogameman @ Mar 9 2009, 11:18 PM)

There are ways to convey your thoughts other than RPing. That's one of my problems with RPing in Non-RP zones, it causes people to loose all amounts of intellect, and all hopes of serious disscussion are thrown out the window.

--------------------

Grano's so gangster.
« Next Oldest | Chit-Chat | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (7) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0374 seconds · Archive