|QUOTE (TwoMiler447 @ Feb 16 2008, 10:23 PM)|
|Scientology is just another word for Atheist. The Scientologists can just explain something.|
|QUOTE (Samus X @ Feb 18 2008, 02:22 AM)|
and anything they can't explain they label as false, or cannot happen because they cannot believe that some devine higher power is beyond their puny and insignificant comprehension.
|QUOTE (DataSnake @ Feb 18 2008, 04:04 AM)|
Wrong on both counts. Scientologists have a set of extremely bizarre beliefs of their own. They are a freakin' cult. Atheists typically (and, imo, correctly) view them as crazy people. Besides which, actual atheists, in my experience, WILL admit when they can't explain something. They may not agree that it is beyond ALL logical explanation (and they're usually right), but they WILL admit that THEY can't explain it.
|QUOTE (Guardian Of Nesh @ Apr 9 2008, 08:51 PM)|
| Of course, I'm in the Scientologists' shoes every day. You wouldn't believe the crap peple spread about Mormomns. They think we're polygamists, well yes at one point but that just crossed from Missori in handcarts, most of the men died leaving many widows. So to insure there survival God instituted Plural Marrage and as soon as it wasn't needed it was disbanded and yes I believe that.|
I'm here to set the record straight: Mormons are Christian with some differences from mainstraim churches. We believe in The Bible as well as the Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenats and The Pearl of Great Price. We believe in modern-day revealations and that there is a living prophet on the Earth.
Here are the basics known as the Thirteen Articles of Faith:
The Mormon or LDS church has a set of thirteen basic beliefs known as the Articles of Faith which are:
1. We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost.
2. We believe that men will be punished for their own sins, and not for Adam’s transgression.
3. We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel.
4. We believe that the first principles and ordinances of the Gospel are: first, Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; second, Repentance; third, Baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; fourth, Laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost.
5. We believe that a man must be called of God, by prophecy, and by the laying on of hands by those who are in authority, to preach the Gospel and administer in the ordinances thereof.
6. We believe in the same organization that existed in the Primitive Church, namely, apostles, prophets, pastors, teachers, evangelists, and so forth.
7. We believe in the gift of tongues, prophecy, revelation, visions, healing, interpretation of tongues, and so forth.
8. We believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly; we also believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of God.
9. We believe all that God has revealed, all that He does now reveal, and we believe that He will yet reveal many great and important things pertaining to the Kingdom of God.
10. We believe in the literal agathering of Israel and in the restoration of the Ten Tribes; that Zion (the New Jerusalem) will be built upon the American continent; that Christ will reign personally upon the earth; and, that the earth will be renewed and receive its paradisiacal glory.
11. We claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may.
12. We believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers, and magistrates, in obeying, honoring, and sustaining the law.
13. We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed, we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul—We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.
If you want to know more out of pure curiosity check Wikipedia, which is surprisingly acurate on this subject , just make sure you are look at The Church of JESUS CHRIST off Latter day Saints. Sorry I saw some screwed up Youtube videos and needed to rant. Scientology is still a cult and is taking away choice, so in the manner of anonymous i will help take them down. :ph43r: ((Samuri}} puredevilishevil!!!
|QUOTE (Wingman @ Apr 10 2008, 02:55 PM)|
Way to speak up, dude. You know what you believe in and aren't afraid to defend it.
|QUOTE (Guardian Of Nesh @ Apr 10 2008, 10:59 AM)|