Create a free forum in seconds.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Fire Emblem Spritez. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

The Den Signal!

Pages: (3) 1 [2] 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Maniac Mode Run
Zihark
Posted: Dec 13 2007, 11:22 AM

Custom titles used to be so much more fascinating
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 20

QUOTE (Nin-Finity @ Dec 13 2007, 06:43 AM)
Nolan 4 top of God Tier. He's surpassed even Sothe in terms of usefulness for the team. He gains more EXP and grows faster, and will probably even surpass Sothe stat-wise by the end of Part 1.

Gaining experience faster stopped mattering after FE7. As there's no requirement of how much experience you have to get. The only person that is affected by low exp growth is the person with the low exp growth. For example, the BK is level 20, which means he gains no experience at all. But that doesn't matter in any way because he will still remain superior.

And keep in mind. Sothe getting a kill Vs. Nolan getting a kill is still taking away the exact same amount of experience from the team.

And you said yourself that Nolan has yet to surpass Sothe stat-wise. Which can only make me believe that the entire reason for placing him higher is because of the experience argument. It's definitely not because Nolan's better at stealing.

--------------------
Aetharsioll Koios - Mage, Level 1
Formerly: Delita, Zihark, Diagon Dragnier, Firebane, Dragon Hellfire
Nin-Finity
Posted: Dec 13 2007, 01:12 PM

What, I exist?
Group Icon

Group: FES Veteran
Member No.: 1

Experience is so ridiculously scarce in this mode (srsly, I've got like... less than 500 BEXP after 5 completed chapters), so it matters who gains more. Sothe gets 3 EXP per kill at a maximum, while Nolan gains the normal amount. Therefore, Nolan is making the most of the limited EXP, while Sothe is just vacuuming it. Nolan is growing way faster, and WILL surpass Sothe by the end of the Part.

Plus Nolan completely rapes Myrmidons thanks to the absence of the Weapon Triangle. percentcoloncolonpercent.gif

And keep in mind. Sothe getting a kill Vs. Nolan getting a kill is still taking away the exact same amount of experience from the team.

But Nolan is gaining more EXP for the team than Sothe is, kill for kill.

--------------------
user posted image
Zihark
Posted: Dec 13 2007, 04:23 PM

Group Icon

I see you didn't learn anything from my last post, so quoting it would be unnecessary.

So just tell me, how does gaining more experience cause Nolan to be superior to Sothe statistically or in usefulness WHILE knowing that he isn't?

--------------------
~Maverick~
Posted: Dec 13 2007, 06:03 PM

Don't hate me because I'm hot.
Group Icon

Group: Member
Member No.: 346

DH 4 God. shocked.gif

I never got that until you just explained it. smile.gif

Alright, Nin, I'll try and explain it.

Nolan - 30 EXP per kill
Sothe - 5 EXP per kill
Micaiah - 30 exp per kill

Okay, so Sothe does get alot less exp per kill. But for that enemy he killed, Michaiah could have gotten 30 exp from it. However, Nolan took the same ammout of exp from here by killing the same enemy, so Sothe is only hurting himself, which doesn't matter because that's all the experience he would normally get.

It's one thing if he will surpass Sothe, but he's not better now. Sothe's usefulness Earlier >>>> Nolan's usefulness later.

And how can Aran not hit reliably when he starts with 12 skill at level 7 and has a 70% growth?

This post has been edited by ~Maverick~ on Jan 14 2008, 05:32 PM

--------------------
user posted image

QUOTE (Denning on how to deal with depression over appearances)
Appearance: What is the specific problem? Fat? Work out. Zits? Get proactiv. Just ugly? Yell at God.
Nin-Finity
Posted: Dec 13 2007, 06:09 PM

What, I exist?
Group Icon

Before I gave him a forged Iron Lance, his Hit was around 75 on most enemies.

Maybe mine is just getting RNG raped...

Also...

Zihark - With a Killing Edge he either criticals or activates Adept roughly 50% of the time, and since he always doubles, he 1-rounds pratically everything. He's got great AVO too, which will skyrocket once I start his support with Volud.

Jill - She's decent, and doubles semi-reliably, but her Strength isn't that great. Still, she'll grow and get better.

Tauroneo - He's like Volug offensively, but doesn't ever die. Too bad I only get him for one chapter.

Nolan is nearly promoted, lol. Aran and Micaiah are getting there too...

Also, Edward gained some more SPD, so he's doubling reliably again... (weird) He also deals decent damage. I'm reconsidering my original plan to bench him.

--------------------
user posted image
Hyric_the_Soldier
Posted: Dec 15 2007, 10:04 PM

Also a Thunder affin.
Group Icon

Group: Member
Member No.: 410

Hard Mode/Maniac Mode didn't turn out to be all that hard as I had thought. I was expecting Enemies >> Allies in Strength, but I didn't really notice too much of a difference.

Part 1 team
Micaiah
Sothe
Volug

Aran
Laura
Meg
Ilyana
Leonardo

Okay, lay it on me. My team sucks. Anyway, Meg got 19 STR by 20/-- and hits reliably with Ilyana (even with Meg's skill being reaped continually from RNG). Though they won't be together again for some time... Oh well, I guess Iron Sword will have to do, and now I'm thankful for the blessing. But it wasn't that hard still. Don't get me wrong, Nolan and Edward still fought up untill the prison chapter, after Aran promoted.

--------------------
Don't make me stare at you T_T

user posted image
Nin-Finity
Posted: Dec 23 2007, 07:53 PM

What, I exist?
Group Icon

After taking a break for a week, I'm back with further impressions.

It's Chapter 1-F. This is my team:

Micaiah - She hit level 20 fighting Jarod in chapter 9, after whoring Paragon for 3 whole chapters, but w/e.
Sothe - I gave him Paragon for this last chapter, but it's probably going back to Micaiah after she promotes. He'll be essential for getting the chests before thieves do.
Volug - He isn't as godly as he used to be, and in fact, never one-rounds anything, and takes lots of damage. His support with Zihark only got up to C... oh well.
Black Knight - Eh, I had to bring him. He rapes everything that as much as breathes on him.
Nolan - He's level 17, and will almost definitely promote by the end of the chapter.
Jill - Being unavailable for so many chapters makes her a sad panda, but she's still a decent fighter, although only level 15.
Aran - Eh, he turned out worse than expected, and a good chunk of enemies actually double him. <_______<
Zihark - Still doubles everything, which makes him godly. <3
Edward - Decided to use him instead of Nailah, since he turned out better than expected.
Laura - Obligatory healer. Plus she makes Nolan godly with their A support.
Rafiel - Gave him celerity to improve his utility. Woo.
Tormod - Filler, because everyone else left sucks massively or is named Nailah. See you in 4-4. <___________<

It's going to be a tough chapter, probably.

In other news, I managed to save all 6 prisoners in 1-8. percentcoloncolonpercent.gif That was tough. Zihark is MVP of that chapter for OHKOing Wyverns with the Wyrmslayer while not getting doubled like everyone else that was holding a prisoner. *coughAranandNolancough*

1-9 was surprisingly easy. I guess it helped that my Micaiah was level 18, though, and was slightly blessed with SPD and DEF.

--------------------
user posted image
Exxucus
Posted: Dec 23 2007, 09:22 PM

Resident Guitar God and cartographer
Group Icon

Group: Tactician
Member No.: 408

For the chests, just take your time, and pin a thief to the wall with somepeople, and have sothe steal everything back from the thief. It's far easier than rushing for chests.

--------------------
DarkValamor
Posted: Dec 23 2007, 11:37 PM

Wicked DV of the West
Group Icon

Member No.: 482

@Nin: What's so bad about Nailah?
Exxucus
Posted: Dec 24 2007, 12:55 AM

Group Icon

QUOTE (DarkValamor @ Dec 23 2007, 11:37 PM)

She steals experience from the Daien Army, which will need every point of experience for the part 3 chapters that they are in.

--------------------
Zihark
Posted: Dec 24 2007, 01:24 AM

Group Icon

QUOTE (Exxucus @ Dec 23 2007, 08:55 PM)

She steals experience from the Daien Army, which will need every point of experience for the part 3 chapters that they are in.

Explain. I don't see how she "steals" _any_ more experience than other units.

--------------------
Exxucus
Posted: Dec 24 2007, 02:03 AM

Group Icon

QUOTE (Dragon Hellfire @ Dec 24 2007, 01:24 AM)

She will gain less experience than anyone else in your party(exept the BK, but W/E), and she doesn't even need that experience. She is s level 33 Laguz Royal for God's Sake! She will kill anything that she attacks, or attacks her, so she uses that kill EXP that becomes like 1-2 EXP, which could have done someone else like Nolan, or Edward, a great deal more good.

This post has been edited by Exxucus on Dec 24 2007, 02:04 AM

--------------------
Zihark
Posted: Dec 24 2007, 02:11 AM

Group Icon

QUOTE (Exxucus @ Dec 23 2007, 10:03 PM)
QUOTE (Dragon Hellfire @ Dec 24 2007, 01:24 AM)

She will gain less experience than anyone else in your party(exept the BK, but W/E), and she doesn't even need that experience. She is s level 33 Laguz Royal for God's Sake! She will kill anything that she attacks, or attacks her, so she uses that kill EXP that becomes like 1-2 EXP, which could have done someone else like Nolan, or Edward, a great deal more good.

She "gains" less experience.

I don't see how she "steals" _any_ more experience than other units.

--------------------
Hunter-Ghor
Posted: Dec 24 2007, 07:01 AM

Error 404: Title not found
Group Icon

Member No.: 420

If Tormod kills something, the rest of your team has one less kill.

If Nailah kills something, the rest of your team has one less kill.

No difference.

--------------------
QUOTE (71089)
Forum Attack #401: FES adopted a new skin.
Nin-Finity
Posted: Dec 24 2007, 09:48 AM

What, I exist?
Group Icon

The unpromoted units need the EXP, or I'll be screwed in Part 3. Why invest in a unit I won't even have for those chapters?

I've already got the BK; I don't need TWO gods.

And yeah yeah about the no EXP stealing... with Nailah on the map, my team gains LESS EXP.

--------------------
user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register Now

Pages: (3) 1 [2] 3 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1545 seconds | Archive
Affiliates
Fire Emblem Planet Fire Emblem Fusion
Kyrite by Nephos of the IFSZ