InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Fire Emblem Spritez. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

The Den Signal!

Pages: (3) [1] 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Maniac Mode Run
Nin-Finity
Posted: Dec 10 2007, 06:01 PM

What, I exist?
Group Icon

Group: FES Veteran
Member No.: 1

Woo, I beat Normal Mode today, and now I want to attempt Maniac (Yeah yeah, I know it's called "Hard", but w/e). I don't know who else has tried, or even if anyone has beaten it yet (though I bet a few people have, at least) so I'm making this topic to organize my thoughts, and ask for help. It might also come in handy for anyone else attempting Maniac Mode.

My plan for Part 1:

Team: (based on number of slots in the Endgame)
Micaiah
Sothe
Volug
Black Knight (for the Lehran event <____________<)
Nolan
Laura
Aran
Jill
Edward -> Zihark
Rafiel
Ilyana -> Tormod
Nailah (Not sure; don't want all the EXP to get sucked up between her, Sothe, Volug, and the BK, and I HAVE to bring the other 3...)

Supports:
Micaiah x Sothe
Zihark x Volug (Earth x Earth FTW)
Nolan x Laura
Nailah x Rafiel (Don't think they have enough time to form supports with anyone but each other)
Jill x Aran
Edward x Ilyana (If time permits; I'm replacing them both anyway...)
Tormod - No one
BK - No one

I'm debating whether to first go back to PoR and make a good transfer file to send bonuses to units that would benefit from it, (Sothe, Jill, etc.) but I don't know if it's worth the time investment.

Anyways, anything I should change before starting?

Congratulations! This post has been tagged with one free Super Nintendo/Sega Genesis (or lower) VC Game! Be sure to PM Dragon Hellfire to claim your prize!

--------------------
user posted image
General_Bonzai
Posted: Dec 10 2007, 08:24 PM

Weasel Fan
Group Icon

Group: Tactician
Member No.: 352

Don't use so many people. Exp is too scarce.

I'm on Part 3 Chapter 4 at the moment, and don't waste your bexp. use it for stats ONLY. You'll get a crapload of it in part 2, don't use any of it. Especially don't waste it on Haar, not yet at least (wait until he caps str, skl, def... then load up his speed, lck, and res).

Pay attention to how much each terrain slows down an enemy, you'll need it due to lack of movement ranges.

Utilize the lack of weapon triangle. Nolan can now attack Myrmidons without worry.

Part 1 is really the only hard part, everything past that is only moderately difficult.

--------------------
user posted image
Bizox
Posted: Dec 10 2007, 09:00 PM

^^Currently listening to...^^
Group Icon

Member No.: 376

Is there actually a Maniac Mode after 'HM'? <<;

--------------------
wat
Hunter-Ghor
Posted: Dec 10 2007, 09:30 PM

Error 404: Title not found
Group Icon

Member No.: 420

HM = MM

--------------------
QUOTE (71089)
Forum Attack #401: FES adopted a new skin.
Sety
Posted: Dec 10 2007, 11:59 PM

Residential Vanille fanboy
Group Icon

Group: Role Play Mod
Member No.: 129

QUOTE (Nin-Finity @ Dec 10 2007, 04:01 PM)
Woo, I beat Normal Mode today, and now I want to attempt Maniac (Yeah yeah, I know it's called "Hard", but w/e).

<_<

--------------------
Nin-Finity
Posted: Dec 11 2007, 09:07 AM

What, I exist?
Group Icon

First impresions, after Part 1 Prologue:

Having to calculate enemy ranges myself is *^#@ing annoying.

Lack of Weapon Triangle doesn't seem to affect combat as much as I thought. Edward still had 100% hit against all of the bandits except the boss, but none of them had less than 65% hit against him.

I'm not sure about whether or not there were extra enemies, or if they were stronger. Then again, it's only the prologue.

Having to Suspend instead of using Battle Saves makes me sad.

I got 30 BEXP for finishing the chapter. That's it. <__________<

--------------------
user posted image
Zihark
Posted: Dec 11 2007, 10:04 AM

Custom titles used to be so much more fascinating
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 20

I think Solide beat it. I'm not sure, though.

Movement ranges: Looking >>> Calculating.

There are more enemies.

Just do as GB said and try to use the lack of WT to your advantage. It shouldn't be too hard after the first few chapters as long as you don't rush in backwards.

--------------------
Aetharsioll Koios - Mage, Level 1
Formerly: Delita, Zihark, Diagon Dragnier, Firebane, Dragon Hellfire
Nin-Finity
Posted: Dec 11 2007, 08:07 PM

What, I exist?
Group Icon

Further impressions:

Nolan is GOD due to being able to take 3 or so hits and survive while the rest of the Dawn Brigade dies in 2 or less, including Edward. I had to rely on dodging to beat Chapter 1. ._.

Even Sothe takes a good amount of damage from the enemies; he can't just flat out rape everything any more. Thanks to boosted enemy stats, he's great for setting up kills since he'll get the enemy soldiers to around 1-3 HP.

BEXP is still scarce; I didn't get any extra BEXP for having all of my allies escape in Chapter 1. <<

Leonardo is half-decent for weakening the enemies, since it takes 3 or 4 attacks to take down one enemy in this mode. Though if he gets left out in the open for one turn, he's dead. Same with Micaiah, except I can't bench her.

Laura is a godsend after 2 chapters of relying on Herbs and Sacrifice, although her MOV leaves something to be desired.

From what I've seen so far, compared to Normal Mode, I'd have to say:
Nolan, Sothe, and Laura are all better. Sothe actually does WORSE in the battles, but this can work to my advantage for setting up kills for Micaiah or Edward, so his Jeigan utility is >>>, although his own abilities are worse.

Edward plays about the same. He just dodges more often against Soldiers and less often against Fighters. He still doubles everything, which is awesome.

Leonardo and Micaiah are both worse, due to not being able to take 2 hits, and not being able to dodge fairly reliably like Edward. I need more frontliners...

--------------------
user posted image
Bizox
Posted: Dec 11 2007, 09:04 PM

Group Icon

yay4nin

This game sounds hard as hell. Can't wait to get it. hugemouthsmiley2.gif

This post has been edited by Dragon Hellfire on Dec 24 2007, 07:24 PM

--------------------
wat
General_Bonzai
Posted: Dec 11 2007, 09:14 PM

Weasel Fan
Group Icon

I personally thought Laura was a lot worse in hard Mode, because she is yet ANOTHER unit who is brutally murdered in ONE hit.

--------------------
user posted image
Bizox
Posted: Dec 11 2007, 09:28 PM

Group Icon

I think what he's saying is that since most units are one-rounded in part one, she's about the same durability-wise, but gives unbelievably needed extra durability to the rest of your army.

Durability isn't at a surplus in Part 1 HM, from what I've heard, so you might as well use a unit that can help augment the overall durability of your army.

--------------------
wat
General_Bonzai
Posted: Dec 11 2007, 11:26 PM

Weasel Fan
Group Icon

*coughARANcough*

I just gave up on Edward during Chapter 3. He's absolutely useless, he can't even consistantly double.

Laura wasn't as big a help in HM, as she had to be 100% shielded always. After a few level-ups, even Micaiah could take at least ONE hit. Not Laura, though. Doubled AND OHKO'd.

--------------------
user posted image
Nin-Finity
Posted: Dec 12 2007, 08:33 AM

What, I exist?
Group Icon

Yeah, Edward not being able to double consistantly after chapter 2 = massive phail. Although watching him get hit once and then landing 2 criticals in a row thanks to Wrath was pretty funny.

I'm in the middle of Chapter 3 right now. Aran is decent; he can do good damage and his durability is >>> than everyone except Nolan and Sothe.

Micaiah can still one-shot the boss with her knight-nuker tome. percentcoloncolonpercent.gif

Haven't gotten a chance to use Ilyana yet.

I have to play a lot more defensively than I did in NM, since anyone carelessly left out in the open that isn't named Sothe is guarenteed to die on the enemy phase. Chapter 2 took me 17 turns. <________<

EDIT: Played a bit more, don't want to DP.

Ilyana barely ever doubles, and can't hit reliably at all. Also needs to be shielded from multiple attacks; she can survive no more than a single hit.

Eddie is starting to have trouble with doubling reliably and dealing excess damage.

Nolan and Sothe are even godlier than they were a few chapters ago. Nolan is gaining lots of stats and can take 3 or 4 hits before dying, plus he deals ~16 damage per round. Sothe is still great for setting up kills, and for being one of the few units that doesn't die instantly. Plus, I bought him a Beast Killer so he could tank in the Laguz chapter.

Micaiah is improving, although she still dies in 2 seconds if you leave her in the open. But nuking Knights and cavalry is awesome.

--------------------
user posted image
Hyric_the_Soldier
Posted: Dec 12 2007, 05:14 PM

Also a Thunder affin.
Group Icon

Group: Member
Member No.: 410

I'm halfway trough Part 1. Meg's in my team. I have to say, she's doing pretty decent. I let her take on most of the Tigers including the bosses and she got like 5 levels easy. Laura benefited a lot from all the healing XD
She doesn't double sadly, she doesn't GET doubled, STR got blessed slightly, she barely takes two hits at a time though, has a C Support with Ilyana. Both are benefiting from the extra HIT. She needs some looking after, but used right she comes in handy.

As for HM in general, it took me multiple tries to complete chapter 1. Once I got my head into it, it almost goes smoothly. I overestimated Hard Mode a little...
Leo's also doing fine. I had him clear the Archers and that lone Fighter on the other side of the wall. Damage he took was horrendous, but with the other enemies being out of reach of him, Laura/Micaiah could safely heal him. His itchy sleeve is helping.
As long as Aran doesn't get doubled by most enemies, I'm happy. Defence is on schedule and he seldom missed thanks to good skill. I'm hoping he'll slowly but surely take out all those cavalry that come to the west bridge like he does in Normal Mode.

It tends to take a while with me since I'm not the rushing type. But no one has died since chapter 3. Attack range miscalculation. Leo got totaled. And there was also chapter 6 because he missed at a most critical moment! But that was plain bad luck u_u HIT 87. Considering the True Hit thing I learned from Serenes Forest, that was quite unlucky. He supports no one at the moment.

--------------------
Don't make me stare at you T_T

user posted image
Nin-Finity
Posted: Dec 13 2007, 10:43 AM

What, I exist?
Group Icon

As of the middle of chapter 5:

I've got mixed feelings about Volug; he can one-round pretty much everything, but eats EXP. He's no good for setting up kills. Good in a tight spot, though.

Nolan 4 top of God Tier. He's surpassed even Sothe in terms of usefulness for the team. He gains more EXP and grows faster, and will probably even surpass Sothe stat-wise by the end of Part 1.

Micaiah is getting better; she's great at picking off enemies from behind the frontlines, and can do like 15 damage with a Light tome.

Meg is half-decent, but the enemies are going to get stronger faster than she is, so I'm not going to put in the effort of raising her.

Aran is great at frontlining; he takes hits reliably and makes a decent fighter. Never doubles and has trouble hitting reliably though, although his defense is sexy.

Ilyana is just terrible, mainly because Thunder magic sucks so badly in this game. Even Leonardo has better offense than she does.

My tier list for the first 5 chapters would be like this:

Nolan
Sothe
Laura
Aran
Edward
Micaiah
Volug
Leonardo
Ilyana
Meg

--------------------
user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Pages: (3) [1] 2 3 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1265 seconds | Archive
Affiliates
Fire Emblem Planet Fire Emblem Fusion
Kyrite by Nephos of the IFSZ