Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Fire Emblem Spritez. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

The Den Signal!

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

What's that Shepard?
hpty603
Posted: Sep 2 2010, 11:34 AM

Who the hell do you think I am?
Group Icon

Group: Member
Member No.: 571

YOU THINK YOU'RE GAME OF THE YEAR? WELL SCREW YOU, KIRBY IS MADE OF YARN AND IS THUS GAME OF THE FOREVER.

user posted image

LOOK AT THAT HE'S A GIANT YARN KIRBY ROBOT THAT SHOOTS MISSILES AND REIGNS DEATH DOWN UPON HIS ENEMIES

user posted image

NOW HE'S A DOLPHIN, FLIPPER AIN'T GOT SHIT ON KIRBY. WHAT'S THAT? THE GAME HASN'T EVEN COME OUT YET AND CALLING IT GAME OF THE FOREVER IS SILLY? WELL KIRBY IS MADE OF YARN, YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID.

http://www.destructoid.com/kirby-s-epic-ya...g--182973.phtml

What's that Shepard? Your game was incredibly intense with possibly the best final mission ever in a video game, a complex badass plot, intriguing three dimensional characters some of who I was made to actually care about, and an incredibly fun take on squad based combat? Well Kirby is made of string, your argument is invalid.

--------------------
Epic American Fire Emblem Project of America (We had to move boards because of ZOMG DRAMAZ)

Karth Forna, Lancer of Leora
Forrestfire
Posted: Sep 2 2010, 02:50 PM

Jacob, always funny.
Group Icon

Member No.: 194

Laem.

--------------------
I typed this with my nose!

C:/DOS | C:/DOS/RUN | RUN/DOS/RUN
hpty603
Posted: Sep 2 2010, 03:04 PM

Group Icon

w/e, game's gonna be awesome so it's all good

--------------------
Epic American Fire Emblem Project of America (We had to move boards because of ZOMG DRAMAZ)

Isaac55
Posted: Sep 2 2010, 03:56 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Group Icon

Member No.: 945

Metroid: Other M awesome.gif

--------------------
[Insert awesome sig here]
chrisheller
Posted: Sep 2 2010, 04:02 PM

YUGIOH 5D... WATCHER!!!
Group Icon

Group: Role Play Mod
Member No.: 399

QUOTE (Isaac55 @ Sep 2 2010, 01:56 PM)
Metroid: Other M awesome.gif

^This

--------------------
BEXP in TOTAL = 00

user posted image

-Child of Shadows, Zaruk LV. 1.00

BTW, Zaruk has special "non game changing" powers when he does certain things for the sake of RPing. Check them out on his profile by clicking his name.
hpty603
Posted: Sep 2 2010, 05:47 PM

Group Icon

The new Metroid looks awesome but come on, it's Kirby, and he's fucking yarn and Dedede is fucking string

--------------------

Isaac55
Posted: Sep 2 2010, 06:24 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Group Icon

Member No.: 945

QUOTE (hpty603 @ Sep 2 2010, 05:47 PM)
The new Metroid looks awesome but come on, it's Kirby, and he's fucking yarn and Dedede is fucking string

Kirby is fucking yarn, and King Dedede is raping string. awesome.gif

--------------------
[Insert awesome sig here]
AdamNW
Posted: Oct 28 2010, 10:12 PM

Residential Vanille fanboy
Group Icon

Member No.: 129

lol

Other M blew
Kirby is like 5 hours long

Mass Effect 2 for game of decade.

--------------------
hpty603
Posted: Oct 28 2010, 10:43 PM

Group Icon

Thank God Mass Effect 2 made up for Mass Effect 1. It was okay but it just got so stale and you couldn't have a relationship side plot with Tali, that was retarded. Mass Effect 2 was just sex though

Oh, and I don't even have a Wii to play the new Kirby. I'm just a fanboy for Kirby

--------------------

Forrestfire
Posted: Oct 30 2010, 12:04 AM

Jacob, always funny.
Group Icon

QUOTE (hpty603 @ Oct 28 2010, 08:43 PM)
Thank God Mass Effect 2 made up for Mass Effect 1. It was okay but it just got so stale and you couldn't have a relationship side plot with Tali, that was retarded. Mass Effect 2 was just sex though

Talimancers. They're what ruined the love interest sub-plots of the Mass Effect series. First you don't have enough variety, now you don't want that much. Choose a side, and stick with it.

Also, the same people who didn't like ME1 also didn't read into the fiction much. And didn't take the time to identify with the main and side characters. Though I am surprised that something good was actually said about ME2, most people that complained about ME1 also complained that ME2 was just your team mates saying, "Hey, Shepard, finish my problem now. OOH OOH OOH, me next!! Screw the main mission, my problems come first.". It's good to see that rationality has won, at least eventually.

Otherwise, yes, I believe that ME2 should be the game of the year, though I'm such a fan of Halo that definitely hope Reach will be.

--------------------

hpty603
Posted: Oct 30 2010, 01:13 PM

Group Icon

Ugh, I hate Halo. It's just an incredibly generic fps with SPACE MARINES that got increeeedibly repetitive after the first one (which was good). I haven't played Reach (stopped playing at all after 3) so I won't say it's bad, but I seriously doubt it was better than ME2.

And I may have been overcritical of ME1, I did enjoy it. I just think that ME2 really overshadowed it. Except for the damn mining

--------------------

Forrestfire
Posted: Oct 30 2010, 10:26 PM

Jacob, always funny.
Group Icon

QUOTE (hpty603 @ Oct 30 2010, 11:13 AM)
Ugh, I hate Halo. It's just an incredibly generic fps with SPACE MARINES that got increeeedibly repetitive after the first one (which was good). I haven't played Reach (stopped playing at all after 3) so I won't say it's bad, but I seriously doubt it was better than ME2.

And I may have been overcritical of ME1, I did enjoy it. I just think that ME2 really overshadowed it. Except for the damn mining

So, exactly who is the Space Marine? If you paid attention to the storyline much at all, you would have a much greater respect for the series. Unfortunately, I have found that rabid fans of Nintendo products often put storyline and universe fiction on the back-burner, and would rather deal with the on-screen action, plot line be damned.

I know that there is going to be no winning in this "argument" because of different philosophies and tastes. Some people take the basic premise of a game and decide that it conveniently fits one of their stereotypes without looking deeply enough. Others just don't connect with the story, and put no work into doing that either, which is a travesty.

--------------------

hpty603
Posted: Oct 31 2010, 09:56 AM

Group Icon

I'm just saying that Halo was boring and that the plot was bad. I really don't feel like having to read books to understand the story when it was unimmersive. Also, having a silent protagonist and trying to have good character development is dumb. Look at how simple FF VI's storytelling was and it is one of, if not the best, game of all time.

And Master Chief could be called rather a space commando than space marine. I was just trying to point out that a lot of games lately have had the 'gruff space marine' (Gears of War, for example)

--------------------

Lu Fengxian
Posted: Oct 31 2010, 10:39 AM

The greatest warrior alive
Group Icon

Member No.: 66

QUOTE (hpty603 @ Oct 31 2010, 09:56 AM)
I'm just saying that Halo was boring and that the plot was bad. I really don't feel like having to read books to understand the story when it was unimmersive. Also, having a silent protagonist and trying to have good character development is dumb. Look at how simple FF VI's storytelling was and it is one of, if not the best, game of all time.

And Master Chief could be called rather a space commando than space marine. I was just trying to point out that a lot of games lately have had the 'gruff space marine' (Gears of War, for example)

you apparently don't know the plot, although halo is more well known for its multiplayer anyways. The character development is made that way so that players can have a feel that they were kind of the character behind the game, which is good for some people, if you don't like that kinda stuff, its fine but don't bash on it when you don't seem to have an understanding for it. Master Chief is Master Chief Petty Officer, thats just his Navy rank, which is weird since he seems to be the only enlisted sparten. Also play reach before you talk about generic games, they did an amazing job to focus the campaign on storyline, and they still made the multiplayer new and better.

--------------------
user posted image
AdamNW
Posted: Oct 31 2010, 04:12 PM

Residential Vanille fanboy
Group Icon

Member No.: 129

QUOTE (Forrestfire @ Oct 29 2010, 09:04 PM)
QUOTE (hpty603 @ Oct 28 2010, 08:43 PM)

Talimancers. They're what ruined the love interest sub-plots of the Mass Effect series.

...how?

This post has been edited by AdamNW on Oct 31 2010, 04:12 PM

--------------------
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Pages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1233 seconds | Archive
Affiliates
Fire Emblem Planet Fire Emblem Fusion
Kyrite by Nephos of the IFSZ