MEMBERS | SEARCH | INDEX

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.

CotM
LATEST NEWS
Quotes

Big News!
readmereadmereadme

Current Season: Winter

The Newbie Guide | Staff Info | Player/Character List | Rules | FAQs | Plot

Of bears and horses, open
Nix Fallon
Posted: Jun 13 2011, 10:40 AM

Group Icon

Group: Inactive
Member No.: 62

Nix yawned as she stepped out of an ornate building and meandered down the path onto the street. Her mage's pouch thudded against her leg as she moved. After working on that merchant, her pouch had been made substantially lighter. She yawned again. What she had done was as much doctoring as it was healing. As usual, her magic had been used only to support what herbs, heat and well placed cuts could do. When the heart had failed however. Nix swallowed her yawn.

Rich folk walked slowly. Enjoying life and the rare truly warm sunshine this early in Spring. Nix brushed her fingers over the pouch of coin that was next to her magic pouch. Looking at the street, she was reminded of how grateful she was for being in the situation she was. Life has certainly got better. Now she only had to cement her position to ensure she was never a victim again.

She shook her head to try and wake herself up and then started to walk briskly to her own home. It was on the edge of Hightown and it was a small thing. She swore as she yawned again and rubbed her eyes. When she pulled her hands away, she halted.

There was a bear with a rope around it's neck. Nix openly gaped, ignoring the cryer walking with the man with the bear. Something about a show. Instinct made her shy away onto the edge of the street. A cry made her turn from the bear and the men, to see a carriage had been approaching. The horses of course, were unimpressed with the bear.
Kale Stormguard
Posted: Jun 14 2011, 03:02 AM

playboy extraordinary
Group Icon

Member No.: 101

Kale had made a day out of seeing the sights of Hightown, but it hadn't amounted to much in the end. This spectacle before him, however, was definitely the pinnacle of today's events. A wide smile crept across his lips as the bear towing man passed by. This show. A must see. Liam would love it.

As he stood gawking, a young woman bumped into him setting him slightly off balance. The young Viscount's brows raised and he turned his smile to the woman. A girl's touch was probably the only thing that could have taken his eyes away from such as a sight.

"Intrigued as well majestic mage?"
Nix Fallon
Posted: Jun 16 2011, 05:12 AM

Group Icon

Nix pressed her palm against her mages pouch when the stranger called her a 'majestic mage.' She tore her eyes from the far more interesting drama that was about to unfold to see who had addressed her. Someone rather rich it appeared. About her age too. She looked back towards the bear. It's handler was guiding it out of the path of the horses and the carriage driver was doing his best to keep the beasties from bolting. The cryer appeared to be improvising, playing off the horse's fear.

"Yes." She decided to ignore the majestic part. "I don't think this street is well known for it's bear population." Finally one of the horse's reared, eyes bulging and ears laid back. The people in the carriage scrambled out and Nix frowned thoughtfully.

"Do you think more people will see their show now? Or less?"
Kale Stormguard
Posted: Jun 16 2011, 05:30 AM

playboy extraordinary
Group Icon

"More," said Kale rather quietly, but loud enough that she could her. He had watched the mage's quick motion to her pouch with as much fascination as that when he first spotted the bear.

"If you were to conjure some magic right now, would people not look at you more than they are now? Or less? Admirers such as myself withstanding from that count, of course."

People were beginning to quell their conversations as the large animals interacted in the most unnatural of circumstances. It seemed somewhat similar to this very conversation, actually. The young Stormguard smiled, folding his arms across his chest as the drama unfolded before them on the streets of Hightown.
Nix Fallon
Posted: Jun 16 2011, 03:00 PM

Group Icon

"More to the point. I'd be surprised if anyone noticed. All I can do is heal and bring a small light. No fireworks from these fingers." Nix realised too late, that her comment could be read as having a certain underlying meaning. Well, it was too late now. She doubted anything short of drawing blood would get the lordling to stop with the charm attempts. Oh well.

Someone ran up to the horse trying to rise. Someone else was trying to convince the bear handler to go elsewhere. Nix stifled a laugh at the ridiculousness of the situation.

"So what do you do, lord . . . ?"
Kale Stormguard
Posted: Jun 17 2011, 03:08 AM

playboy extraordinary
Group Icon

"These days? Mostly just this actually." Kale motioned between himself and the mage. He hadn't found much to do in the city and there were far more dangers for a nobleman on Escova than Sathyr.

"My father is the Duke of Sathyr. I'm Kale Stormguard. It's a pleasure to meet you." After diverting his eyes he bowed his head slightly. Her question was beginning to settle in and made him slightly uncomfortable. It was his job to really not do anything yet.

"Are you going to see the show now?"
Nix Fallon
Posted: Jun 20 2011, 02:06 PM

Group Icon

Nix blinked, lord was probably the wrong title for this man but she couldn't for the life of her remember the proper honorary. Well, I am healer and a maid before that.

"Ah, pleasure to meet you. I am Nix Fallon, healer." And that's all. Nothing else. She wondered if he had ever heard of Lady Finola, the death in the fire. The suspicious lack of certain items. A small ball of anxiety settled in her spine and made her mouth dry. Why did I have to steal? Silly worry really, that was years ago. Still, she had no reason to believe people would be forgiving of her actions. Finola was a lady. A noble. Nix was not.

"I don't know," she dragged her attention back to the conversation. "It sounds like a circus." Which might mean knives and Nix didn't like knives. She wiped her palms on her dress, annoyed with herself and her worries. Why couldn't she get over it? Yeah, bad stuff had happened to her. It happened to everyone. Get over it.

"How do you think they trained the bear? They eat people don't they?"
Kale Stormguard
Posted: Jun 21 2011, 05:44 AM

playboy extraordinary
Group Icon

Nix, thought Kale, was an interesting name for anyone, especially this particular healer. When he encountered most commoners his upbringing as a noble would prevent him from continuing on this path he was heading down. But unfortunately, or perhaps in time fortunately, for this mage, his fascination with magic during his younger years was something of a concern for keepers and today remained as ever kindled.

"A circus, maybe. But with my experience in Hightown it's likely most of a corner show. I think the only way we'll ever know is to go, don't you agree?" Kale raised a brow, giving her necessary time to consider the offer.

"I imagine that training a bear is akin to raising a boy. There's an innate wild spirit that must be tamed."

There was a sudden feral roar that overtook the conversation, but quickly subsided. It appeared the bear had had its fill of horses and gawking onlookers.

"But when appropriate, that unkempt spirit shows itself."
Nix Fallon
Posted: Jun 22 2011, 08:10 AM

Group Icon

A corner show wasn't likely to involve idiots juggling knives and if the lordling was wrong well, she could always pretend that she'd forgotten she needed to do something.

"Agreed," she answered. His next statement made her mouth tighten into the smallest of smiles. Men were such innocent creatures. She almost felt sorry for them. Almost. It wasn't her fault they were so full of their own manliness.

When the bear roared, Nix jumped a little and cast a wary eye on the creature. It wuld be a shame if the bear went wild and had to be killed. Probably have to doctor someone. Then get an ear bashing when I don't wave my hands and magic all the hurts away.

The handler started to hurriedly lead the bear away while the crier joyously capitalised on the bear's display of ferocity.

"Have met one of them in the wild? Killed one?"
Kale Stormguard
Posted: Jul 4 2011, 03:11 AM

playboy extraordinary
Group Icon

The question took him a bit by surprise, but it wasn't everyday he held this kind of conversation with this kind of company. He smiled, arms crossing over his chest.

"I've been in a hunting party where one was slain. It's no small feat to put such a creature down. Almost a shame, really, to have to struggle so hard must mean there is a lot of life and living in such a beast. Who are we really to take that away... or put a collar on it?"

A shrug slipped the free-flowing statement from his mind, and he let his arms fall to his sides.

"May I take you for a walk, Ms. Fallon? I could use the good company."

His arm was offered, should she choose to take it.
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

topic options

Zoom Zoom Log In

{ MEMBERS | SEARCH | INDEX }

cbox and information

ESCOVA is officially OPEN!.

Quick Links:
Information
Rules
Staff

Listed at:
Birthright RPG-D RPGfix

Skin Uz, Dun & Alina

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.4378 seconds | Archive
  • Q
  • W
  • I
  • C
  • K
  •  
  • L
  • O
  • G
  • I
  • N