InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Duel. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Duel filming locations - Complete & Ultimate list
wekke
Posted: Mar 9 2010, 04:09 AM

On the highway

Group: Members
Member No.: 98

Hey all,

It's been a while since my last visit. I just returned from a California trip and visited some more Duel locations.

I think I now have a fairly complete list of locations, everyhing I have is posted here:
http://users.telenet.be/roadmaster/duel_locations_00main.htm

Due to the high number of pictures, it's split in 7 pages. You can select them from the main page.

Original movie screencaps are on the left; 2010 pictures of the same place on the right. For some locations I do not have a clear photo, there I have posted a Google Earth image of the location.

<EDIT see post below (17 dec 2012) for pictures and Google Earth kmz-location file>

Enjoy,
Wekke

--------------------
Well, the weather - as promised - is a carbon copy of yesterday's...
Marcus
Posted: Aug 20 2010, 09:53 PM

On the highway

Member No.: 109

These pictures are awesome. Thank you very much for these impressions.
By the way, can you please tell me where I can find David MannŽs Garage?

thx

--------------------
@ all

IŽam from Germany! Please apologize my bad english betimes! thank you very much!
larry510
Posted: Aug 22 2010, 03:01 AM

Starting out

Member No.: 159

David Mann's house:

10414 Bloomfield St., North Hollywood, CA

I've been there twice this year.

Attached Image (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image
Marcus
Posted: Aug 22 2010, 08:18 AM

On the highway

wow, thats amazing!

How do you know that? I have studied the DVD with all the filming informations several times. And the garage was just a short beginning sequence. I cannot believe that this was a discussion point from spielbergs side, finally.

--------------------
@ all

IŽam from Germany! Please apologize my bad english betimes! thank you very much!
alistairź
Posted: Dec 23 2010, 05:17 PM

Being tailgated

Member No.: 33

Superb invesigative work! You deserve a medal!! cool.gif
cbt
Posted: Dec 29 2010, 09:10 PM

Starting out

Member No.: 158

You did an awesome job there, Werner smile.gif
It would have been a thrill to join you on your trip to CA, as discussed in this tread, thus seeing the locations IRL, but however I'm a bit struck by the consequences of the ongoing financial crisis (that currently seems to gradually loosen it's tight grip, though) and I am still in the midst of my education.
But some fine day... - who knows! In the meantime I'll enjoy the outcome of your efforts and put the link to your website on top of my favorite 'Duel' links (next to this site, of course).
plasticomo
Posted: Sep 3 2011, 02:18 PM

Starting out

Member No.: 125

These pictures are great !!! Thanks for posting. It's one of my ambitions to drive alone through some of the locations used in the film (preferably not being menaced by a truck on the way though) !!
Marcus
Posted: Jan 30 2012, 07:52 AM

On the highway

WernerŽs link doesnŽt seem to work this morning. I hope, this just a temporary malfunction?!

--------------------
@ all

wekke
Posted: Dec 17 2012, 11:44 AM

On the highway

Member No.: 98

QUOTE (Marcus @ Jan 30 2012, 07:52 AM)
WernerŽs link doesnŽt seem to work this morning. I hope, this just a temporary malfunction?!

Hey, sorry for the late reaction, but this is a forum I don't check every day ;-)

That link doesn't work anymore because the entire site is gone (changing providers)
That's the bad news.
The good news is, all the picture are still out there, and if you have Google Earth, download this file to see the locations:
Duel.kmz

Pictures:
http://s458.beta.photobucket.com/user/fend...495392916660576

--------------------
Well, the weather - as promised - is a carbon copy of yesterday's...
Marcus
Posted: Jan 8 2013, 08:07 AM

On the highway

I wish you all the Best in 2013! tongue.gif

@ Werner

I am so glad that you did noch leave the forum. I was afraid, that I do not have the opportunity in future, to use your informations on my trip to the USA. I would like to take the same tour, as you did.

--------------------
@ all

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.3895 seconds | Archive